List of overrated vs underrated college majors

From experience, most of the people I know often major in these... Overrated(STEM): -Chemistry -Biochemistry -Computer Science -Biology -Computer Engineering -Mechanical Engineering -Mathematics -Physics -Biomedical Engineering -Chemical Engineering -Nursing -Aerospace Engineering -Civil Engineering -Mechanical Engineering of Technology -Computer Engineering of Technology Overrated but non-STEM: -Education -Business (Finance/Accounting) -Business (Marketing/Supply Chain) -Economics :( -Psychology (8 years of college in order to become a Psychiatrist) :( -Music :( -Fine Arts :( -Communications -Film -Hotel Management -Sign Language :( -Sociology :( Barely anyone I met major in this but it's still a good major: Underrated but it's still good (STEM): -Biotechnology -Computer Information Systems (is often seen as the CS drop-out, but the job outcome is much much different) -Management Information Systems -Petroleum Engineering -Architecture -Electrical Engineering -Construction Management -Digital Media -Geology -Geography -Geophysics -Supply Chain Logistics Technology -Interior Design -Kinesiology So and so major but often overlooked because of poor reputation: -Graphic Design -Gender Studies -English -Art History -Religious Studies -Political Sciences -Japanese Studies -Anthropology -Theatre Well... these are my thoughts. What do you guys think? Update: Iā€™m currently doing CIS hoping to be in the IT department one day :)
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel