With a New Nocturne Skin Coming Out, Does This Mean a Visual Update for Him is Out of the Question?

Elderwood Nocturne Skin Spotlight - Pre-Release - League of Legends
This is a teaser spotlight of Elderwood Nocturne with ingame gameplay! Purchase RP here and help support this channel via the amazon affiliate program (NA): https://amzn.to/2qZ3Bmv Price: 1350RP Skin name is CONFIRMED as Elderwood Nocturne, particles & SFX may not be final. Check out the other skins in this cycle.
If anyone checks for any new information when they wake up, there is a new Nocturne skin in the works called _Elderwood Nocturne_ I think the skins visual's and effects are far better than the only other decent looking skin Nocturne has, which is _Eternum Nocturne_ (Released on December 5th, 2012). Imagine that since 2012, not a single skin produced for Nocturne has really stood out as something well-made, at least in my opinion. After _Eternum Nocturne_, we wait until 2016, 4 years later, for _Cursed Revenant Nocturne_, A skin that looks so basic and unenthusiastic, that it looks like it would have been released when nocturne was released back in 2011 based on it's quality. While the art style border looks unique and fascinating, the skin falls short of what I feel it should have been. Moving back to _Eternum Nocturne_, in 2016 and still today, it costs 1820 RP to purchase. _Elderwood Nocturne_ will only cost 1350 RP, and looks far better in all aspects compared to Eternum. Prior to seeing this Spotlight today, I felt that _Nocturne's_ skin-line has been long abused and neglected, and while I am happy that he is finally getting an updated skin, that looks to be at a much higher quality than any other skin he has ever had, I feel fear that this could in turn mean that a visual update for him is going to be pushed back even further. I feel some of these much older champions that are finally getting newer skins, that are absolutely breathtaking, are being held back by the old model's of some of the champions. I believe the way the animations and effects are cause limitations when put on an outdated model. Another example of this is the Udyr Skin that just released, _Dragon Oracle Udyr_. Link to all previous skins and release dates for _Nocturne_: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne/Skins After that long block of text explaining my fear and annoyance with his skin line, I would like to put some more focus on his base model - the very thing creating the limited work space and hindering the ability to make something high quality. _Nocturne_ is meant to be "The Eternal Nightmare," But looking at his model compared to other champions, he looks like a clown compared to other "scary" champions. His model is vastly outdated, he is simply a mass of smoke with some blades, some small details to make him look LESS like a mass of smoke, and two dots for eyes. I don't want to say the people who had been given the tasks to create his skins did a poor job, I would rather say that the model and features of _Nocturne_ they had to work with were so limiting to the point that their creativity and ability to make something unique was stunted. At the end of the day, I'm still very happy he is finally receiving a skin that looks to be far better than any other skin he has received in the past, but I can't help but wonder if him receiving this new skin is making a potential visual update for him less likely, and if the way the model of _Nocturne_ is now, could have even proved to place limitations on the soon-to-be-released _Elderwood Nocturne_.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel