Twisted Treeline is a story of neglect

With the announcement of another long standing game mode meeting its end, the ways to play league got significantly smaller. It's interesting to me how as the company grows their ability to manage more than summoner's rift diminishes. The question of course is why? Why are they removing Twisted Treeline? Well here is **their** explanation on the matter: > At present, it falls short of even the numbers we saw at the end of Nexus Blitz’s second run. This small population leads to long queue times, poor matchmaking, and ultimately an unsatisfying PvP experience for many of the players who do queue up for Treeline. Outside of the player population, Twisted Treeline’s art, map design, and even game pacing don’t meet today’s current quality bar and player needs. We debated on whether an ARAM-esque level of support would bring it up to standard, but the lack of growth from the previous efforts we mentioned led us to the conclusion that it just wouldn’t be enough to make Treeline a healthy long-term mode. [_Dev: State of modes_](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/07/dev-state-of-modes/?utm_source=LeagueClient&utm_medium=OverviewTier2Pos1) They mention previous efforts, but there has never been a serious effort to make TT a viable competitive game mode since the 2012 remake. Separate balancing was sparse and happened many months or years in between each update, allowing 60+% winrate champions roam in the mode for full seasons at a time until changes affecting SR happened. This is a story of neglect. This isn't the first time either. Dominion suffered the same fate, except even worse; receiving I believe only 2 or so balance patches in its entire existence. Riot is out of touch with the playerbase. The only reason these other modes aren't taken seriously is because you as the company don't take them seriously. Imagine if these soon to be or already extinct game modes got the same support SR did over the years with regular patching, fixes, balancing, etc... These game modes have been on the backburner for years, TT didn't even get its own ranked solo queue until extremely recently and only in some regions. It never even had a normal draft mode, something even Dominion had. Riot Games, a multibillion dollar company thinking they know best, screwing their players one change at a time. Season 9 is the last season for TT, and it also the last season I play this game. Every year this game morphs into something further away from what made it good to begin with, and I want no part.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel