Introducing the Boards Revamp Project
Six months ago, we launched what was then the Boards Community & Moderation sub-board. Since then, you may have come to know it as the Boards Feedback sub-board, or most recently, Discuss the Boards. This sub-board was intended to gather your unbounded ideas about ways to improve the Boards, and you didn't let us down.
In our first post on that sub-board, we introduced what what we imagined to be one of our largest and most impactful projects- a comprehensive overhaul of Boards moderation. We believe these changes were a step in the right direction, but there were also so many ideas that we weren't in a position to implement. Until today.
I'm excited to announce the Boards Revamp project, something that I've had the pleasure and privilege of developing with the help a number of folks from North America and Oceania. Using heaps of the positive feedback we've received about the templates we've used across some of our posts over the past few months, and working off of your posts in the Discuss the Boards sub-board, we've completed our first stage of development and are moving to gradually roll out these changes to various sub-boards.
While this project is slated to be run on a trial basis, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for joining us on this journey, and I hope that we can continue to work to improve the Boards with your help.
- Space Optimization
- Smaller stickers - Sticker sizes on the Boards have been reduced by roughly 30%
- More Text Space! - We've increased the amount of text space used in comments and posts, which hopefully reduces the strain you've been putting on your mousewheel.
- Perpetual Comments - We've redesigned the comments area and clipped a lot of the unnecessary padding on the right side, giving you more space to type and alleviating the pain of reading comments that shrink to oblivion.
- Functionality Improvements
- Chronoshift - When reading in Chronological View, you'll have the ability to check which post a person's reply is to
- We've adjusted how voting works, including masking the votes on a recently posted thread or comment, and removing the downvote button
- Stickers on mobile! - Easily post champions, items, and stickers while posting from your mobile device
- More easily identify moderators with comment flares
- See which threads are locked simply by checking for a lock icon next to the thread title
- This one will be self-explanatory, so I'll let you experience the changes for yourself
- We have some theme changes to add more contrast to the current theme, which we'll roll out later. In the meantime, please feel free to give your critiques here.
|Wuks rides the Teemo freelo train when he isn't browsing the Boards or writing his next article.|