Riot under fire?

For those out of the loop, riot games has been under a lot of scrutiny the past couple months. First there were the discrimination lawsuits (after the whole Scott Gelb incident) citing unequal pay. Riot then tried to force the employees suing them into arbitration which lead to the walkout we saw recently. This also lead to a class action lawsuit being filed against riot for forcing their employees into forced arbitration. Riot has used this divide and conquer strategy in other places too, namely the EUW boards. After the community called mods abusing their powers into question riot decided to close down the boards and instead open up a blog and discord server effectively splitting up problems to be dealt one on one by a moderation team. The post announcing this was filled with people critiquing riot as they close down one of the few channels of discussion for players. Back to the legal side of things, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing has now filed an investigation enforcement action suit against Riot Games for refusing to provide payroll numbers in order to determine if riot is truly discriminating against females with respect to wages. The wage gap was not the only topic under investigation as "sexual harassment, sexual assault, retaliation, and gender discrimination in selection and promotion" were also being investigated. I think this is it so far, let me know if I missed anything or got anything wrong. While nothing's concrete yet it is concerning to see all of this unfolding. My question is how has it gotten to this point before someone did anything? Just for polling sake I'd like to see how much of the community is aware of these incidents!
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel