As I'm seeing the hatred and vitriol towards Ghostcrawler increase, I'd like to bring up these quote

#From the thread, "Ghostcrawler and his failures" **Initial post content** > [{quoted}](name=LesVitesses,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-07-07T00:07:36.313+0000) > > 1. Mage update - puts CDR on every single item. Wants to fix Annie's zero counterplay playstyle, but managed to make her deal even more damage than before. Swain, Malz and Vlad - nuff said. A staggering amount of poor quality reworks which are not up to par with Riot's standards. > > 2. Saw Blizzard had DQ in HoTS. Decided to go ahead and copy the idea to everyone's displeasure. > > 3. Continues his dispruptive work to mess up League just like he did with WoW PvP. --- >[{quoted}](name=Gixia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=000300030003,timestamp=2016-07-08T00:35:25.536+0000) > > If you want a real response, it helps if the OP is asking a real question instead of casting blanket blame for every perceived slight on one man. > > Point 1 is the only one that can even be remotely blamed on Ghostcrawler since he's on the champ design team, but it's still exactly that, a TEAM. Which means that everyone plays a part. Furthermore, the issues with those champs are basically balance numbers. Design-wise, all of them (except for arguably Malz) are improved over where they are before. The issue is their numbers tuning, which is on the Live-Balance Team, not the design team. > >Point 2 I can guarantee you Ghostcrawler had nothing to do with because that has nothing to do with champion design. So when you blame a guy for something he had no involvement in, of course he's not gonna give you a real response. > > Point 3 is just confirming the guy already had prior bias against Ghostcrawler to begin with, and again, it's blaming him for something he didn't even do. Once again, Ghostcrawler does design, not balance. He's not responsible for messing up League, and contrary to the memes, he didn't mess up WoW either. In fact, general consensus is that ever since he left working on WoW, it's actually gone even further downhill, which means he was the one holding it up, not bringing it down. **His response** > [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=0003000300030000,timestamp=2016-07-08T23:02:53.183+0000) > > Technically speaking, I'm not on the champ design team. I'm accountable for League design holistically. In practice, it's is not possible for me to be present for every discussion, or even every design meeting, so I'm certainly not directing individual teams to put CDR on every item. You are better off talking to designers or other team-members who are making the champion updates or changing the corresponding items. That said, if you're not happy with any aspect of League, I am more than happy to take the blame for it. It is my job to set up a system by which good design decisions get made, so when they aren't being made, that is my problem to fix, even if I don't have context on every decision that gets made. > > You may also find it to be generally more constructive to give your feedback on features or direction overall than on the individual developers themselves, but I have pretty thick skin, so you can pretty much say whatever you want about me personally. :) **A reply from DD** > [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=00030003000300000001,timestamp=2016-07-09T01:01:43.283+0000) > > And this, my young acquaintances, is what we call plausible deniability. > > The idea of a bureaucratic system is precisely to do what Ghostcrawler just did; Whenever anyone screws up, it can never be pinned on any individual because they are not presenting a target. The idea is to never have anyone answer for anything.... at least in the Morello days we could all point to Morello and say "FUCK THAT GUY" .... little did we know he was the greatest LoL developer we would ever have. > > Morello, you were good to us, we just didn't know it yet. **Then Ghostcrawlers response again** > [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=000300030003000000010000,timestamp=2016-07-09T01:25:34.734+0000) > > I just said that you can blame me for anything on League that you don't like. It's my job to make the game good and my fault when it is not. > > But that doesn't mean I walk into champ designer meetings and say "NERF ANNIE!" then take a sip of my martini and peace out. --- I don't really know what the point of this post was, but I think I just want to bring these quotes up again to remind people that getting really angry at GC doesn't do a whole lot.
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel