What a long, strange, trip it's been.

TLDR: You can skip the first 5 paragraphs if you want to get to the heart of my post. My journey through the wilds of league has been an odd one. In the long long long time ago when I first heard about this new moba craze there were two emerging games to choose from. League and Heroes of Newerth. I tried a little bit of both and after getting stomped into the ground by a Master Yi stacking 6 zeals I decided to give HoN a try. I was drawn to its better graphics and the idea of having all heroes unlocked and the clout of it being almost a direct port of dota. Over the next few years I met a lot of amazing people in HoN and I don't regret making the choice but League always kept drawing my attention with all of the successes it had while HoN kept slipping more and more into obscurity. Once my real life friends stopped playing I gave league another shot but still wasn't hooked. I spent the next few years playing dota 2 while every once in a while on a bored afternoon taking a peek at what league was doing. Mostly looking down on it atop my mountain of dota 2 smug. :D And then something happened that changed my life forever. I discovered that not only did valve have no intentions of giving dota 2 their own proper forum but that Riot had created their own mini 4chan with General Discussion. My first day there on the white boards was like a boy discovering his dads playboys under the mattress for the first time. I had never seen such a wonderful hive of scum and villainy. I will never forget things like page 2 after midnight or the guy that said he was dropping his job to become a full time streamer and the thousand pages of people shitting on him telling him he would never make it. (which he actually did make a job out of it but never got that successful sadly). You all know the rest of the story, we are here today, having survived not one but two holocausts and like the phoenix we always rise again. We have our ups and we have our downs, but the spirit of GD will live on as long as we keep the fires lit in our shitposting hearts. So to wrap up this little rant I come to you today GD to make two insignificant announcements. First I would like to thank you for helping me reach the milestone of 10k updoots. I want to do something to celebrate that I am not sure what yet but it will probably be something silly like posting a bunch of Rem pictures. And second that I have decided to answer the call and give up my shitposting ways, it is a young mans game and keeping up with the memes is just too much work for this old Panda. As of today you will have one more person to blame when your low effort bait posts get scattered to the wind. I just want to let you know that taking on this strange not quite green not quite blue mantle was not a choice I made lightly. Some of you may know that I have always taken a strong stance against "the man" and the freedom that GD has enjoyed for many a year was the one shining light that kept me playing this game long beyond the time I was enjoying it. So when this opportunity was presented to me a few months ago I spent the better part of a week debating if it was the right thing to do. In the end I decided that I want to try to give back just a little to the community that has given so much joy and inspiration to me over the years. I hope I can serve you well in this new capacity and if any of you want to discuss it with me further or have any issues that you think I can help with please feel free to hit me up anytime on discord or the boards. I want to serve the boards, I believe in this place and I believe in all of you. Even the annoying ones, especially the annoying ones. They are the salt that flavors the dish. That doesn't mean that you will see any less of me, I am still the same old Red Panda you know and love at heart. And I intend to keep as much of my personality as intact as I am able. I may have to be more PC about it than I have been in the past, but you can still expect me to throw out a nice zinger every once in a while. Just because I have become a mod doesn't mean I am not still human, and I am still and always will be a GD'er at heart. So please bare with me while I adjust to this new position, I will probably make a lot of mistakes along the way. But I am doing this because I care about this place and because I care about all of you. Without this community I would have nowhere to call home on the internet, I have watched countless communities come and go but GD has remained. And I intend to be here until they turn off the lights. In conclusion to mark this occasion I have decided to do what I do best. Type a lot of words to say very little. Instead of doing an AMA like a lot of people do I am going to do the opposite, I want to know about you. I want to know your problems and maybe I can use my 35 years of experience making all the wrong choices to help guide you in the right direction. The doctor (panda) is in, are you having relationship troubles? I've been there. Money troubles? Ditto. Are you experiencing an existential crisis about your place in the universe or just want to know what cheese best goes in a grilled cheese sandwich? Than you have come to the right place. Ask away and I shall attempt to give you the best advice a panda can give. https://i.imgur.com/yGcoic6.jpg[/img]
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel