Fiance lied and left me for another woman, I'm refusing to stay sad and planning a trip.

TL;DR at Bottom of the post. So, to make a long story somewhat shorter, my now Ex-Fiance wanted to break off our 4yr+ relationship, even though we just bought a house and had a wedding date set , a week after my birthday. I asked him why, he told me because he didn't want to ever get married or have kids, something I want so much in life. Broke my heart, but I gave him a while to really think about if that was what he really wanted. Few days later, he still says he doesn't want too. People start saying about him re-adding this girl, who he was sneaking around with behind my back in May, in Facebook. I decide to check his account. bam, messages of them flirting and him saying how he can't wait for me to take my 'fucking video games' out of his house and how he can't wait to have her over and sleeping together. I asked him 3 times during the whole time he was thinking about it, if it was another woman, he told me no and I trusted him. Like an idiot. My Dumbass should have left him in May when he was pulling this shit, but I loved him and decided to give him another chance. Now, I'm back at my parents, single, and I've been wondering what to do with my life. Other than my full-time job, I don't do much other than video gaming or hanging out with family. I was thinking about what I want to do and I ended up finding my old Japanese lessons from when I first met my Ex-Fiance. Been thinking about it and now I'm just going to do what I've wanted to do since highschool. I'm planning a trip next year sometime to go to Japan. I'm going to retouch up on my Japanese and start relearning their customs, culture, etc. I was wondering if any of you all have ever been, live there or have any advice for planning a trip. Maybe, even have places to check out and visit. I'm really into visiting Kyoto for sure and was thinking about trying to go during a Cherry Blossom Festival, but from what I'm reading, they're hard to pinpoint when exactly they'll bloom, (Unless any of you all know otherwise). I also want to visit some temples and maybe even see some sumo wrestling! I greatly appreciate any advice, tips or places you'll all think I'll enjoy or should check out. I really want to focus on what I've wanted to do my entire life and I'm glad to be rediscovering my passion for Japanese Culture and maybe, along the way of planning this trip, I'll rediscover more things about myself. Really just trying to move on and be happy for myself, because if I couldn't make him happy, at least I can make myself happy and that's all that matters at the end of the day to me now. Anyways, a TL:DR - Fiance left me for another woman and instead of being sad forever, I'm planning a trip to Japan next year, as it's something I put off when I got into a relationship; if you know of any cool things to do in Japan or have advice, let me know, please! :)
Best New

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel