***8/7/2015 UPDATE:*** We have heard many reports of players having issues with AMD Graphics Cards with the HD 6000 series and older. From digging into this deeper, AMD have put out the following information regarding their hardware:
> ***Will my graphics adapter work in Windows® 10 if it does not support DirectX® 12?***
> AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series products should fully work in Windows® 10 but will not support DirectX® 12 specific features. AMD is working closely with Microsoft® to have certified graphics drivers available for these products when Windows® 10 officially launches.
> AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older products are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or later. Therefore, systems using AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older will default to running the Microsoft® Basic Display Driver. As a result, display functionality may be limited.
> If your graphics adapter is based on an AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series or older, you may consider these options:
> 1) Upgrade to an AMD graphics card on the support product list.
> 2) Continue using the existing operating system.
> ***Source:*** https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1311
The answer is yes! We have been been extensively testing Windows 10 here at Riot, and we will be fully supporting Windows 10. If you haven’t heard already, you will be able to freely upgrade to Windows 10 as long as you have [Windows 7 or 8.1 (8 users need to update to 8.1) ](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10#Upgrade_compatibility) already installed. If you do decide to upgrade, here is what you need to know:
* Make sure to check whether your computer meets the [requirements for Windows 10](http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications)
* If you do update, Windows 10 ***should*** download all the necessary updates or latest drivers for your hardware automatically. If you do have problems afterwards, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer (Dell, HP, etc) or your hardware manufacturer (MSI, Gigabyte, Nvidia, AMD, etc) to manually download the latest updates or drivers. Since it was just released, some manufacturers may not have updated drivers/updates ready
***NOTE: Older hardware not directly supported by its own manufacturers anymore may not have new drivers for Windows 10.***
* Make sure to play a Custom Game first after updating to make sure everything works normally! You don’t want to be in a Ranked Game if suddenly your mouse stops working
* If you encounter any problems with League of Legends immediately after upgrading to Windows 10, make sure to [run a repair first](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202969434-Patching-Issues#wq6), to see if it resolves any problems. If not, try completing a [full and clean re-installation](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202539040-Reinstalling-League-of-Legends) as well.
* If all else fails, make sure to [submit a ticket!](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) This way we can easily track any compatibility issues that may occur with Windows 10. Make sure to include the following in your ticket as well:
* [Your latest R3d Log if you were able to play a game on Windows 10](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752674-Network-System-and-League-of-Legends-Logs#wq7)
* [Process List](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752674-Network-System-and-League-of-Legends-Logs#wq3)
Lastly, if you are experiencing any issues, make a post with the following information filled out:
Operating System: Windows 10