The Good, The Bad, and The League : 1/31 - 2/6

The Good, The Bad, and the League: 1/31 - 2/6 Your weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other! 9.3 makes you love or hate Akali again, we’ve got a new loading screen, and there’s some new items in game. Take a gander before playing, or rush right into Ranked (we all know what happens…) **Follow-Ups:** * Wrong Season Border should be fixed * [Holler](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) if they’re not! **Server Stuff:** Hey! Look! Nothing broke this week in regards to servers getting players in game properly! **Game Stuff: ** Games show flex queue borders incorrectly (1/24, ~2 weeks) A bug caused incorrect ranked borders to be displayed in different game modes. The fix required a full redeploy, so we bundled it in with 9.3 and should be fixed! Be proud and show off your Bronze Border! **Player Support Trend:** With a new patch out, if you’ve got an issues updating, check the patching guide [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202969434-Patching-Issues). Also, if you’re running out of space, take a gander at /Riot Games/League of Legends/Logs/ and see if it’s larger than a gig. If so, you might want to nuke a few dozen... hundred logs. Morgageddon & Couch Commando
Now Viewing: Rioter Rundown
Sedirex (NA)
new
I assume you guys are aware of the issue with pinging Baron and dragon, right? Is that something that can be fixed before the next patch?
new
> [{quoted}](name=Sedirex,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-08T00:07:04.221+0000) > > I assume you guys are aware of the issue with pinging Baron and dragon, right? Is that something that can be fixed before the next patch? For verification's sake, could you go into detail if you wouldn't mind! Want to make sure.
Sedirex (NA)
new
Since the new load screen went live, I can't ping herald, dragon, Baron, or the buffs. People are reporting on Reddit that it's not quite 100% repro rate but anecdotally I haven't seen anyone able to ping them in any of my games today.
new
> [{quoted}](name=Sedirex,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-08T04:16:25.448+0000) > > Since the new load screen went live, I can't ping herald, dragon, Baron, or the buffs. People are reporting on Reddit that it's not quite 100% repro rate but anecdotally I haven't seen anyone able to ping them in any of my games today. We got a team looking into this, and there should be a ticker up today notifying players of the issue. Thank you for popping in and sharing this issue with us!
new
> [{quoted}](name=Couch Commando,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-11T21:40:27.015+0000) > > We got a team looking into this, and there should be a ticker up today notifying players of the issue. Thank you for popping in and sharing this issue with us! Should be fixed now! Please jump in though and let us know if you all are still experiencing this problem even after a fix was deployed.
...5013 R3d logs at over 2 GB dating back to Dec. 2014 {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
new
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-08T00:09:02.627+0000) > > ...5013 R3d logs at over 2 GB dating back to Dec. 2014 > > {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} Could be worse. My old desktop had over 20 gigs of logs from around 10k games. ...oops?
Advacus (NA)
new
Could you elaborate on the choices behind locking position trading? I just played a Yas game and was assigned mid and traded lanes with my top laner so that I could dodge a zed matchup (not that yas is bad into zed just didnt want that skill matchup) and once we won the game I found that the win didnt count toward my mid lp and was counted as top alone. While not the end of the world in terms of importance but I feel this is a poor side effect of the new ranked que, it punishes teams with better communication if your trying to climb in one roll. Anecdotally one of my favorite things about League is the position mind games of dodging bad matchups and finding good ones so thats why this sucks extra for a player like me.
new
> [{quoted}](name=Advacus,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-08T06:26:17.689+0000) > > Could you elaborate on the choices behind locking position trading? I just played a Yas game and was assigned mid and traded lanes with my top laner so that I could dodge a zed matchup (not that yas is bad into zed just didnt want that skill matchup) and once we won the game I found that the win didnt count toward my mid lp and was counted as top alone. While not the end of the world in terms of importance but I feel this is a poor side effect of the new ranked que, it punishes teams with better communication if your trying to climb in one roll. > > Anecdotally one of my favorite things about League is the position mind games of dodging bad matchups and finding good ones so thats why this sucks extra for a player like me. We're not the best team to answer that question, since we don't work on matchmaking at all (just keep the servers up that do matchmaking). You might have a more informed answer from the balance section of Boards. The best I can provide is that because you did in fact play top, you were increased in ranking due to where you were, instead of getting mid points for winning, when in fact you were in top lane. Think if you did that 100 times in a row, traded mid for top, your team won, and still your mid score kept on going up and up and up and up. When you finally got to play mid again, you could be rated significantly higher than you actually are, where you'd be unable to compete without having the skills for that MMR (again, assumptions. For all I know, you're the next Faker).
new
Also having a really hard time climbing in the new ranked system. I'm losing more than I am gaining when it comes to LP. People say I have lower mmr than what I am supposed to be at, but if I can't get to the spot where I need to be in the first place, then its useless even playing ranked and trying. Especially when ranked is a full team game and the outcome is not only based on your level of playing in lane but everyone else's level of play. I don't really know what I can do, thoughts about this?
sébs (NA)
new
It feels like it's been harder to climb cause I'm experiencing alot of smurfs in my game which often alters the Tier Average. I got demoted to Plat 3 immediately and in that game was matched up against a Silver 4 smurf. The Tier Average for that was Gold 1. Maybe it's just too early in the season right now to be playing with the amount of people on their smurf accounts.
new
> [{quoted}](name=sébs,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-02-10T08:19:33.271+0000) > > It feels like it's been harder to climb cause I'm experiencing alot of smurfs in my game which often alters the Tier Average. I got demoted to Plat 3 immediately and in that game was matched up against a Silver 4 smurf. The Tier Average for that was Gold 1. Maybe it's just too early in the season right now to be playing with the amount of people on their smurf accounts. I would say anecdotally, the worst (or best depends on how you look at it) times to play ranked are right at the start of a season, and at the very end. You can get an extreme amount of variance in skill from players because it's the very beginning and everything's getting sorted out, and for the end, players are charging towards personal goals, possibly doing riskier trades/champ selections because they need to get just one more promotion with only 3 days left. Usually, after a few patches, everything's settling down, and you should be playing against people who mathematically are where they should be in order to improve.
new
Do you guys can have a look at the CPU usage during champion select? While fighting ingame i have 15-30% CPU load and during champ select ~80-90% (CPU: i7 5820k, RAM: 16GB DDR4, AMD Fury X )
new
> [{quoted}](name=Evíl cookíe,realm=EUW,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=EwmEnhOi,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-02-13T09:03:51.066+0000) > > Do you guys can have a look at the CPU usage during champion select? While fighting ingame i have 15-30% CPU load and during champ select ~80-90% (CPU: i7 5820k, RAM: 16GB DDR4, AMD Fury X ) Is it only in Champ Select? I would ask you to check [this Support Article](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752684) out to see if this helps. If it doesn't, then I would ask you to write in Player Support to get a Tech Agent to help you out as soon as possible. I know that it can feel like I am just pushing some of these issues onto PS, but it is a start to help us understand if its an issue we can address on our or your end.
Create a Discussion

Guidelines
Breakdown of major issues impacting the NA Servers.