>Aug 24th Update
>While Patch 6.17 was launched, there was a problem deploying the "recipe" as it were to disenchant the old Project Content. We're looking to get this fixed ASAP, and hopefully will have it resolved by the end of the week.
>As soon as I learn more I'll post it here!
>The Project event has ***officially ended for all regions!*** In patch 6.17, we will be allow players to disenchant their left over Project Materials for orange essesnce.
>Unfortunately, I don't know how much orange essence the materials will be worth just yet.
>I'll make sure to keep everyone posted!
The [PROJECT Event](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/project-2016) is here to usher in a new technological golden age! ...And maybe a few goodies that you can unlock in Hextech. It may seem kind of complicated at first, but it’s pretty straightforward once you get into it. Below are some of the more specific details and nuances of the event, but feel free to ask any questions you have in a comment!
Since so many Rioters asked me how the event works, I took one of them into a room and recorded a [video explaining how the PROJECT event works](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UrA4Xn7R-I&feature=youtu.be). I wanted to share with everyone here!
>#What you need to know:
* There are 3 separate PROJECT Caches: Blue - Project Ashe, Green - Project Ekko, Red - Project Katarina. These are like Hextech Chests and can be purchased by IP *(750)* or RP *(75)* and give you the following:
* An immediately unlocked Summoner Icon: Ekko Cache - Decrypter, Ashe Cache - EM Caster, Katarina Cache - Hyper Edge
* A Project Ashe, Ekko, or Katarina First Strike Summoner Icon ***[Blueprint](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/210155266-PROJECT-DISRUPTION-FAQ#h2)***
* To permanently unlock this Summoner Icon, you will need 7 [Project Cores](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/210155266-PROJECT-DISRUPTION-FAQ#h2) (like keys or essence gained from PROJECT/Augment Caches). This will also unlock a special Loading Screen Border for the associated Project champion. It is ***NOT*** possible to purchase/unlock/craft these summoner icons outside of the Cache/blueprint. Keep in mind that to get the border you need to own both the First Strike Icon and the associated Project Skin ***before the event ends***.
* For example, if you own Project Ashe and craft the First Strike Ashe icon, you’ll get the Loading Screen border as well as long as this happens before the event ends on August 16th. It does not matter which happens first, you will unlock the border within 24 hours of owning both pieces of content. The summoner icon ***DOES NOT*** need to be used for the Loading Screen border to appear.
* 1 [Project Core (Material)](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/210155266-PROJECT-DISRUPTION-FAQ#h2)
* 1 Augment Cache Fragment (Material)
* Combining 3 Augment Cache Fragments will create (unsurprisingly) an Augment Cache!
>NOTE: ***You can only buy each Project Cache ONCE*** -- meaning, once you buy the blue cache, you cannot buy another blue cache again.
* There is a separate Augment Cache that can only be either bought with RP (295) OR can be created by crafting 3 Augment Cache Shards together. This is a buffed up cache that gives you the following:
* Standard Hextech Loot Chance - Such as a champion shard, skin shard, ward skin shard, etc
* An additional guaranteed Champion Skin Shard
* 2 Project Cores
* A chance to earn a Augment cache fragment
>NOTE: Unlike Project Caches, there is no limit to how many Augment Caches you can purchase
* Disruption Cache - Gold. It can be purchased through IP (1500) or RP. Similar to the PROJECT Caches, it gives you:
* A Disruption Summoner Icon that automatically unlocks once the cache is purchased
* NOTE: This does not provide any special Loading Screen Border.
* One Random old Project Skin ***Blueprint*** (either Yasuo, Yi, Zed, Fiora, Leona, Lucian). The randomness of each skin is weighted equally at a ~16.7% chance.
* Since this is only a ***blueprint***, you will need 11 Project Core materials to craft them into a Champion Skin ***shard***. Once it is a shard, you can then unlock it as a permanent skin through normal essence.
* 7 Project Cores (Material)
* 2 Augment Cache Fragments
>NOTE: You can purchase one and only one Disruption cache, similar to the Project Caches.
* The Project event will end at 23:59 PDT on August 16th for ***all*** regions.
* If you own (purchased or crafted) PROJECT Yasuo before 23:59 PDT on August 16th, you will be given a special Loading Screen Border for this champion.
* Can I get the new Project Skins in other chests? Such as Mystery Chests or Normal Hextech Loot chests?
* Yes! These skins are considered normal skins, so they follow normal skin rules. They can be gifted, received through mystery skin/chests, and their skin shards can be gained through hextech crafting.
* What happens to my unique Project Hextech Content after the event ends? (The project cores, blueprints, caches, etc)
* Even after the event ends, your content will not disappear! You can still unlock/craft Project content and receive the content, but not the special Loading Screen border. You just will not be able to buy any new caches. Project content can also be broken down into essence if you don't have enough to craft something.
* NOTE: It’s possible we may forcibly remove Project Materials (Cores, blueprints, etc) from your account in the future. If we do decide to remove this content, we’ll give everyone a heads up so you can craft everything you want to!
* For the [Merch Quest for the Project Hoodie](https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/landing/2016/project/), here are the specific content you'll need to have equiped while you win 3 Matchmade games (Matchmade Game -- any game mode where you enter an actual queue/matchmaking)
* ***Ward Skins*** -- Optic Enhancer, Recon Drone
* ***Summoner Icons*** - PROJECT, PROJECT Fiora, PROJECT Leona, PROJECT Lucian, PROJECT Yi, PROJECT Zed, PROJECT Ashe, PROJECT Ekko, PROJECT Katarina, EM Caster, Decrypter, Hyper Edge, Recon Project: Ashe
* ***Champ Skins*** -- PROJECT Fiora, PROJECT Leona, PROJECT Lucian, PROJECT Yi, PROJECT Zed, PROJECT Yasuo, PROJECT Ashe, PROJECT Katarina, PROJECT Ekko
For some more general info about the event, check out the [announcement ](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/project-2016)and our [KB Article](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/210155266-PROJECT-DISRUPTION-FAQ) as well!