How to Tell your friend he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

So I've been playing league since late Season 4 and I am silver 3, so obviously I am not the best, but I still have decent mechanics and good decision making. So, when I see my friend, who only plays Darius, Garen, and occasionally Braum, try to flash in as Darius and then completely miss the pull it makes me cringe. He rarely wins lane and continues to build bruiser items, for example, today we were playing and he was Darius top against a Volibear and I told him to be sure to play safe so that Voli wouldn't get fed. He continued to go 1/4 in lane and kept trying to build Black Cleaver instead of going for a tankier item to ensure that he wouldn't keep feeding Voli. This led to the Volibear becoming an unstoppable force that we couldn't deal with and when I got slightly frustrated he just said "What the hell was I supposed to do?" so he doesn't understand how to improve. Me and my other friend have been playing league and constantly try to improve and play smart but this guy doesn't. How do I tell him that he needs to improve or get better?
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel