Between Two Turrets - Come chat with Jaredan! [COMPLETE]

Welcome to the latest installment of Between Two Turrets, a Q&A series through which we connect you with various Rioters to chat about League, life, and anything in between. You can expect an installment every two weeks or so, with Rioters from all over jumping in to spend some time with you on the Boards.

This week, we’ve got Narrative Lead Scott “Jaredan” Hawkes!

Ahoy!

I'm Scott Hawkes, known on the boards (and by the unfortunate ADCs who play alongside my support) as Jaredan. I'm the Narrative Lead for League of Legends, which means I'm responsible for strategy, recruiting and overall quality for the Narrative Discipline on League. The Narrative discipline on League works on teams such as Champion, Champion Update, Voice Over and beyond with an eclectic bunch of talented folks form other disciplines to make new stuff for players.

Since joining Riot two and a half years ago I've worked on a bunch of things including a variety of Champs, Events, the Foundations team and some stuff you will hopefully see very soon. I can also be an awful tease.

Before Riot, I was an Editor-in-Chief at a couple of gaming-focused publishing networks, a teacher of English Language and Literature for nearly 10 years, and a freelance editor at the same time. I feel very old.

Outside the bonkers-in-just-the-right-way halls of Riot, I spend my time proving how patient my wife is while we raise our two joy-grenade kids.

My passion is for character and story and getting both into the hands of players.

So with that in mind, what would you like to know? Who is your favorite Champ? Why? Is this how it works? I don't know!

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel