How have video games influenced your friendships in school?

Over the last couple weeks, I have been working on this [NACC recap article](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/esports/esports-event/halfway-nacc-finals). It got me thinking a lot about the friendships I developed playing League in college. College is a strange time in everyones life. It’s essentially a social reset where you’re left to build a whole new group of friends. During the weeks leading up to my first day of school, I started playing League with a friend's friend. Since it was the summer, we played a few times a day and really got to know each other. It was about a week before school started that we realized we were going to be attending the same college and would live in the same dormitory. I missed the official move in date and showed up a few days late after all the freshman orientation activities, so everyone sort of had a leg up on me. Once I met up with him I was introduced to everyone he had already been hanging out with. We all had a common interest in video games, and it wasn’t long until we all played League together for the first time (had to play in the communal laundry room for the best connection). The people I met in that first week went on to be my roommates for the next four years. We played in some of the first college tournaments and eventually started a League of Legends club at our school. Even now that we have graduated, we still play League together as much as possible. **How has League (or other video games) influenced your friendships in school? **
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel