Gaming Communities From a Girl's Perspective - Please Read

Hi there. Before you flame/judge what I have to say, please at least read through a little of it. I'm not doing this to get attention for myself. I don't wanna add anyone or duo with anyone who reads this. I'm trying to give my perspective on a situation that I think sucks. I'm also not claiming to speak for all girls in the gaming community. Just me and a few that I've run into. I can remember the first time I played this. I was never good at sports in school because I was painfully shy and socially awkward. I suffered from extreme anxiety attacks and I hated being the center of attention. But I always wanted to be a part of a team. League of Legends gave me that without the anxiety or fear. It's been _great_. But after trying out 3 different communities I just decided to give up on finding one that didn't degrade me or make me feel like less of a human being by people who didn't even know me or give me a chance. Yes, there are some girls who want to meet guys or get attention on League for an emotional or confidence boost. There are also many, many _**guys**_ who do this. I can't tell you how many posts I see in a given day from guys looking for girls to play with. But the truth is, most girls who play league just really like the game. We just want to be able to hang out with you guys and play. Yes, most of you are _guys_ and that's just the way it is. So, we want to be able to joke and trash talk without the insults immediately going to slut jokes or degrading sexual comments. It does make us uncomfortable even if we pretend it doesn't. We're the minority in the community and so it's hard for us to join in on your calls/chats knowing that going in we're gonna stand out. It can take a lot of bravery on our part to try. Trust me. But we want to be your friends and to fit in. Trash talk us about our gameplay or whatever, but please don't degrade us. We really don't want to make it with every nice guy we come across. I'm not asking you to treat us like delicate little flowers. I'm just asking that you realize that the degrading comments/jokes very often do make us extremely uncomfortable. Yet, if we say so, we're being a "sensitive girl baby whiny typical woman." So most of the time we don't say anything.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel