Getting perma banned was the best thing that ever happened to me

Before you all start mashing the down vote button because you think I'm some disgruntled player, hear me out. I used to play this game religiously after I'd get off work or right as I'd wake up. I'd find myself wasting my entire day off on game after game, even if I was frustrated from a loss I'd still find myself mashing that play again button like a drug addict getting their next fix and I know a lot of you can relate to that. I don't need to waste any breath on the problems with the game such as trolls, the horrible balancing, or the rigged matchmaking system that only grants 13 lp for wins and -20 for losses. But since my perma ban I've finally been able to play the other games I've wanted to like Remnant: From the Ashes or Zelda Breath of the Wild, I spend more time at the gym which is making me feel better about myself physically, and I've noticed I'm happier at work because a bad game before would put me in a frustrated mood and set the tone for my day. I don't have to deal with that anymore. I'm finally progressing through other games in contrast to this game that constantly made me feel like I was always taking 1 step forward but 2 steps back. As I reflect on what my experience with this game was like I realized I was never actually improving my skills. They plateaued a long time ago, being a Starcraft 2 master rank it doesn't take long to master a champion, and I was at the mercy of solo queue whether I was going to get a good team or not and playing broken meta champs has become increasingly dull in this vaporize meta. Being banned has made me realize one very important thing, it's not the players that are toxic, it's the game. This poorly developed and balanced game is the source of the toxicity found in its players because it doesn't reward people the way it should. It's more punishment than anything. I've never felt like more of my time was wasted when you can spend 40+ minutes painstakingly winning a match only to gain a small amount of LP then immediately lose it and then some because you get a rage quitter or feeder in the next game causing a loss in under 20 minutes. Once again thank you Riot for cutting me off from this horribly addicting game and forcing me to look elsewhere for enjoyment. My life has been immensely happier and I genuinely feel bad for people still trapped in this frustrating lose-lose situation of a game. Thanks for hearing me out, good luck out there friends.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel