Getting Started with the Player Behavior Board!
Welcome to the Player Behavior sub-board! If it's your first time checking this sub-board out, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the Player Behavior board culture:
This board is all about fostering a healthy community in which discussions can revolve around player behavior systems or in-game suspensions. This includes topics on how the systems work, insight into why players were punished, and advice to help players improve moving forward.
- DO ask about any questions you have about how the Player Behavior systems work
- DO ask questions about how you can improve your in-game behavior
- DO provide original chat logs to accompany questions regarding your punishments/behavior
- DO provide feedback on the community and/or Player Behavior systems
- DO be respectful to those trying to help you out. You're more likely to get help with respectful behavior than you are with disrespectful behavior.
- DO NOT report other players here. Please utilize the post-game reporting feature first, or a Player Support ticket if necessary.
- DO NOT violate the Universal Rules
You may notice some blue folk with the "Advisor" tags from time to time. These are members of our volunteer program who have displayed deep knowledge of their respective areas. Advisors work with players to help clarify and understand certain topics and also have the ability to moderate. Check out this post to read more about our volunteer program and structure!
Per the IFS FAQ:
The League of Legends community is empowered to report players they believe have violated the Summoner's Code and consistently created a negative experience in games. Regardless of the circumstances, behaviors such as in-game taunting; harassment, offensive remarks, intentionally feeding, etc., will be reported by the community and if warranted punished by the Instant Feedback System.
The Boards is for discussions between players and other players, and players and Riot; the Boards, however, is not for reporting other players. Player reports in themselves don't contribute any discussional values and can't reliably be tracked or followed up on. Furthermore, we don't want to encourage witch-hunting against other players. For these reasons, we encourage you to utilize the post-game report feature to report players; in situations where that isn't possible, submit a ticket to Player Support. If a credible threat was made against you, we recommend you contact your local authorities.
While Riot strives to improve their Player Behavior system, unfortunately no system is perfect. If you strongly feel that your suspension was made in error, please contact the Player Support team by submitting a ticket. Player Behavior Specialists will be able to review the situation surrounding your punishment and take appropriate actions if necessary. If all else fails, you can discuss your situation with the community here on the Boards to better help you understand what may have happened.
There's a lot to unpack with the LeaverBuster system, so I'll leave you with a short overview instead:
LeaverBuster is a system we have implemented in order to discourage Summoners from repeatedly leaving matches and/or idling during gameplay. Summoners who exhibit this behavior and have a trend of leaving/idling in games will be placed in a low priority queue.
You can find more information about the LeaverBuster system by clicking the link above!
These are Riot's guidelines which help keep your time on the Rift with others enjoyable. Do your best to play by these standards and you'll make friends and even win more!
- Play as a team, win as a team!
- Don't rage, blame, or tear people down.
- Make allies on the Rift.
- Never feed intentionally and don't give up the fight!
- Lead the way for newbies, be helpful.
- Keep your account information private.
Read more details on the Code in the link above!