2018 Season and Honor Help Desk

Hello everyone,
The 2018 season is finally here with some changes to the Honor system as well. For this reason we would like to address some of the most common questions here on the Boards.

We hope this will help you, while you take your first step and begin your journey in 2018!

RANKED

As in previous seasons, your rank will be soft-reset at the start of the season. Your new rank will be based off of both your existing MMR and your performance in 10 placement games.
These are some of the FAQ about the placement matches:

My rank is lower than it should be compared to last year

Almost everyone places lower on the ladder at the start of the season than they ended the previous season. Last season’s rank, along with preseason matches, are taken into account when determining placement. Remember that your initial placement is only the start of your journey!

My friend and I played all our placement matches together but got different ranks

Your MMR from last season, along with your preseason matches, are taken into account when determining placement. So, it’s very possible to queue with another player for all ten matches, and end up at different ranks. For the same reason, it’s possible that you have better or worse results during your placement matches and you or your friends end up on a higher or lower rank.

Can you reset my placement or MMR?

Nope we can’t do that in any case. Keep in mind that this is your starting point for the season, not your final destination. So you have the whole season to fight your way up in the ladder throughout each game!

I can’t queue with my friends

Placement matches are restricted based on your rank from last season. You’ll be considered Silver tier during the placement matches if you were unranked. You can find a full list of queue restrictions here.

HONOR

Like ranked, Honor resets with the season start as well so you can unlock new rewards that level up when you do. In addition to that, a renewed Honor system is live, we have put some common question below, but you can find all the details in the Honor website and in the Honor FAQ.

How does my Honor level reset if I was Honor 3, 4, or 5?

Everyone starts between Honor levels 2 and 3. If you finished with a high Honor standing before the new season started, you start closer to upgraded rewards in the new season. You can see the different Honor checkpoint here under Honor level reset.

If I get reset to level 2.3, don't I miss out on the checkpoints between level 2 and level 3?

Starting from the 2.3 checkpoint will allow you to reach higher Honor level earlier and therefore better rewards like the Honor orbs, which start to drop when you reach checkpoints past Honor level 3. In addition, even though checkpoints stop after level 5, you still get level 5 Orbs at the same intervals as checkpoints and starting from a higher checkpoint will give you the possibility to get there earlier.

How does my Honor level reset if I was below Honor level 2?

If you were below Honor level 2 before the new season started, you’ll stay right there at season start.

Do all my key fragments still drop through Honor?

Yes. When we updated Honor last year we decided all key fragments would drop through the new feature. That’s still the case even if the Honor system has been renewed this season.

Is it possible to get both the Medieval Twitch and Grey Warwick skins this season, since we only get the one Level 5 capsule with those skins?

No, it is not possible to get both in a single season, you will receive one or the other. The trade off is the guarantee of at least one, which was not present last season. Previously you were not guaranteed to earn either of these skins, but this year you are guaranteed to earn at least one in your level 5 honor capsule.

Let us know if you have any additional questions! Good luck and see you in the Rift!

Back to the top
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel