Books. One of the very few archetypes League has not yet filled is that of a librarian, and the more I think about it the more I want to see a champion with this theme. I don't have a real concept, but here are some abilites/lore fragments/things I think might be cool:
- A spellbook mechanic? Abilties/spells could be weak on their own, but could combo with each other to form more powerful incantations.
- Some ideas for spells as described above:
a) Generic healing spell
b) Generic damaging skillshot
ab) Comboing A and B together gives a skillshot with 100% spellvamp.
c) A tether which roots after a few seconds
ac) A+C = tether to an ally to heal over a few seconds and give tenacity
bc) B+C = Skillshot with an instant root
abc) All three together: Big skillshot with root and spellvamp? Tether to ally for dmg boost and healing?
- Stealing/giving mana, maybe with a tether between the caster and the affected. Obvious parallel between mana and brainpower/knowledge/etc makes this almost a must.
- Buffing other champions' AP
- Stealing other champions' AP
- Maybe something inspired by Death Note? A Book of Names comes to mind, where if you scratch out a name the person is hurt/killed. In game, could be a shit-ton of true damage or something.
- Could buy books in the shop, read them to regain mana
- A Ionian librarian living close to a magical node, whose books became endowed with consciousness and power of the course of years.
- A Demacian researcher who stumbled across a trove of enchanted books hidden in the back of a storeroom. Tentatively uses them in defense of his country, but feels conflicted due to his deep-seated fear and distrust of magic.
- The semi-corporeal avatar created by an ancient library in order to enact its interests.
- The Targonian Aspect of Knowledge
- Surrounded by floating books?
- Related to the spell-combination concept - spells could be rune based. Runes line up in the air when abilities are cast, then pulse when activating.
- League doesn't have many pretty guys - a cute male librarian would be good eye candy. Maybe give him glasses for maximum nerdiness.
- I see opportunities to make this guy/girl ANIME AS FUCK
- Does he/she have to be human? Maybe not...
- Vastaya? Could be interesting
- Would have to be careful to differentiate from Ryze
EDIT 1: May make a champion concept from this. May make a few, actually. I know Riot never looks at these when designing champions but fuck it it's fun.