Type: Caster/Area Control
Damage type: AP/Magic
Auto attack: Ranged, brush stroke animation with paint splatter
**Passive - Steady hands: **
After not moving for 2 seconds, this champion gains the "Steady Hands" buff. Any movement - intentional or otherwise - resets this passive.
Steady Hands - Damage dealt increased by 15%, damage taken reduced by 15%
**Q - Broad Stroke: **
On Cast, this champion self-roots for a few seconds, or until the ability is cast again. During this time, the player can use their mouse movements + right click to "paint" with their currently selected palette.
- Painted lines take a brief moment to actually materialize, and cause effects and/or damage to targets depending on the currently selected palette.
- Drawing an enclosed shape around a target - or many targets - grants bonus effects based on the palette chosen.
- Re-casting the ability instantly paints all drawn lines, but dramatically increases the cooldown. Letting the ability time out gives a significantly shorter cooldown.
- Enemies CAN see the lines before they appear, and WILL have time to dodge. Drawing an enclosed shape around a target that is not under the effects of some form of CC will require skill.
- This is considered a channeled ability, and can be cancelled in any way any other channeled ability can be cancelled.
_Painting uses paint, which is a resource that automatically regenerates over time. It is affected by regeneration items and regeneration buffs the same way as any other non-mana resource bar. Additional points in this skill increase your resource pool, which allows for more painting during the skill's duration. I got this idea while watching a speed run of Kirby's Canvas Curse on AGDQ 2018, so if you'd like a demonstration of how the drawing system might potentially work, look up a video of that game. At skill level 1, the player will be able to draw a roughly 750-unit line or many lines that add up to 750 units. At max rank, the player will be able to draw a roughly 2000 unit line, or many lines that add up to 2000 units._
**W - Palette Selection: **
Casting this ability begins a Twisted Fate-style skill selection countdown timer. During this time, the ability can be re-cast to select from the available palettes. At the end of the countdown timer or when the ability is re-cast, the selected palette is chosen, and the ability goes on cooldown. This palette remains in use until a new palette is selected.
- (Palette 1 -insert creative name here-): Enemies that make contact with lines painted by this palette take magic damage. The lines linger for a short time before disappearing, but can only damage a target once. Encasing a target (or many targets) in an enclosed shape will deal a large amount of %health magic damage.
- (Palette 2 -insert creative name here-): Enemies that make contact with lines painted by this palette are moderately slowed for a second or two. The lines linger for a short time before disappearing, but can only slow a target once. Encasing a target (or many targets) in an enclosed shape will inflict a massive slow for a longer duration.
- (Palette 3 -insert creative name here-): Allies that make contact with lines painted by this palette receive a minor heal, and gain a brief, small burst of movement speed (like a bard heal). The lines linger for a short time before disappearing, only heal once, but will always grant the movement speed bonus when crossed. Encasing an ally (or many allies) in an enclosed shape will grant them a temporary shield.
_At rank 1, the cooldown on this ability is significant - forcing the player to make strategic choices with palette selection depending on the situation. At max rank, the cooldown is only a couple seconds, allowing the player to use multiple palettes in a single team fight or skirmish. Each point in this ability also empowers the palettes themselves. Palette 1 (damage) receives additional damage per level. Palette 2 (CC) receives additional slow % on lines, and additional slow % and duration on enclosed shapes. Palette 3 (support) recieves additional healing on lines, and additional shielding on enclosed shapes._
**E - Self-Portrait: **
On cast, this champion stops to paint a portrait of himself that serves as a decoy. After a brief delay, a decoy is left in place, and this champion blinks a short distance away (just a little more than enough to get over a wall)
- The decoy stands in place for a decent amount of time, and animates as if it were painting, sending out arbitrary harmless lines at enemies that approach. These lines cannot be differentiated from real lines that are painted by the actual champion aside from the fact that they don't actually do anything.
- If the decoy is killed, the killer becomes debuffed and takes additional damage from this champion for a short time.
- If this champion is damaged, CC'd, or displaced while creating the decoy, the decoy and blink are both cancelled.
_Additional points in this skill lower the time it takes to paint the decoy, increase damage amplification on decoy kill, and lower the cooldown. At rank 1, there is a significant delay before the blink escape. At max rank, it is nearly instant._
**R - A lasting impression: **
On cast, this champion empowers his abilities and slightly increases his resource pool for several seconds.
- Broad Stroke lines remain for the duration of the ultimate, and can affect targets multiple times. (Lines will have a .5 second cooldown per champion for their effects)
- Broad Stroke enclosed shapes remain for the duration of the ultimate, and repeatedly echo their effect every 2 seconds to any target standing within them.
- Palette selection has a 1 second cooldown for the duration of the ultimate.
- Self Portrait casts instantly, exclusively uses the palette selected when cast, and the decoy's lines actually damage/slow/heal depending on the palette. The decoy cannot draw enclosed shapes, even if it does by accident, has 30% of player's resource (displayed to the player and allies as a bar above the decoy), and inflicts 60% of the player's damage or healing. Can only be cast once per Lasting Impression.
- Lasts 6/8/10 seconds and grants an additional 15/25/30% resource for the duration.