[REWORK CONCEPT] Fiddlesticks is supposed to be creepy!

Fiddlesticks was one of my favorite champions to play, however, he's a thematic miss. His kit and in-game visuals are outdated, **_(However, creds to Riot for the nice lore update. Very needed.)_** think this can be changed with a few revisions. But first, we have to establish a few things. First off, why are scarecrows scary? They aren't naturally scary, they are just sticks and cloth! And that's the thing. They're not scary, they are **_creepy_**. The idea that something isn't right, and that something bad is bound to happen. Also, creepy things **_Expected yet unpredictable_**. >Fiddlesticks should be the League's Manifestation of the uncanny. However, the execution of this desired effect in-game is not successful. Fear and life-drain make sense as stereotypically "evil" mechanics, but how they currently work barely has the desired effect. The player doesn't feel like he/she is commanding a manifestation of fear, nor is the enemy player specifically creeped out by Fiddle - most likely he/she is annoyed because of Fiddlesticks point and click kit. >How exactly one achieves the desired theme, that could be something difficult to pull off. This is because there is a delicate balance between an uncanny theme and a horror-carricature. One way to create an uncanny playstyle would be to give him MASSIVE bonuses while the enemy team has no vision on him. As long as you can see Fiddle from afar, it's not a problem. The problem is when you suddenly DON'T see him... I have constructed a reworked version of his kit in order to try to bring together the **_"Uncanny"_** vibe. **NEW KIT:** **Passive: Call of the Crows** >Every 15-5 _(based on level)_ seconds, a _Crow_ spawns somewhere on the map. If an enemy champion walks within 800 units of a _Crow_, it applies one stack of _Crow's Call_, reveals the enemy champion for 2 seconds, then despawns. >Units that have stacks of _Crow's Call_ have a higher chance of _Crows_ spawning near them. _Crow's Call_ stacks can stack up to 12 times, and are lost upon death. >When Fiddlesticks damages a champion, he consumes all _Crow's Call_ stacks on that champion, dealing 24-66 _(based on level)_ magic damage per stack, up to a maximum of 288-792 _(based on level)_ magic damage in total. When any amount of Crow's Call stacks are consumed, they flee for 0.5/1.25/2 seconds. **Q – Forboding Flight** >**Active:** Fiddlesticks throws a crow in a target direction, dealing damage and stopping at the first unit hit, applying a stack of _Crow's Call_ if the target was an enemy champion. >**Spell Type:** Skill Shot **Range:** 900 **Damage:** 100/130/160/190/220 (+50% AP) magic damage. **Cooldown:** 10/9/8/7/6 seconds **Mana Cost:** 50/55/60/65/70 **W – Drain** >**Active:** Fiddlesticks tethers to a target begins to channel, dealing magic damage per second to the target for 5 seconds. Fiddlesticks heals for a percentage of the damage dealt. If the target dies or breaks the tether, the channel ends prematurely. _(300% damage to minions and monsters)_ >**Spell Type:** Tether/DoT **Cast Range:** 500 **Tether Range:** 625 **Damage Per Second:** 70/90/110/130/150 (+40% AP) (+5% of target's missing health) **Heal Percentage:** 50/55/60/65/70% of damage dealt **Cooldown:** 10/9/8/7/6 seconds **Mana Cost:** 50/55/60/65/70 **E – Terrify** >**Passive:** Fiddlesticks deals 15/20/25/30/35% increased damage to fleeing units. **Active:** Fiddlesticks causes enemy units that are facing him in a cone to flee for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds. >**Spell Type:** AoE **Range:** 700/70° **Cooldown:** 15/14.5/14/13.5/13 seconds **Mana Cost:** 60 **R – Crowstorm** >**Passive:** Fiddlesticks _(not his team)_ gains vision _(regardless of distance)_ of enemy champion's with 10 _Crow's Call_ stacks. **Active:** After channeling for 1.5 seconds, Fiddlesticks blinks a target location and gains +100% Movement Speed that decays over 5 seconds. A murder of crows flies wildly around Fiddlesticks during this time, dealing magic damage per second for 5 seconds. >**Spell Type:** Blink/AoE **Range:** 800/550 **Damage Per Second:** 110/210/310 (+70% AP) **Cooldown:** 160/140/120 seconds **Mana Cost:** 100 **DISCUSSION:** Now, why these abilities? I will explain. * **Passive:** This gives Fiddlesticks his **”_Forboding_”** thematic. First, you see one crow. Then, you see two crows. Then you see more, and more, and more. Eventually, you've been visited by a dozen crows. After Fiddlesticks get's his ultimate, he knows your every move, and he's coming for you. Spooky, right? Thematically, I'd like a sound clip like [this one](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieRrskRj9A) to play when someone reaches 10 stacks, It'd really amplify the thematics. * **Q:** I feel like Fiddlesticks current fear is nice as of now, but now it can deal damage if you have Crow's Call stacks on your target. * **W:** I think this is a key part to Fiddlesticks and his only viable farming ability, and it would be hard to change this ability without losing the current potential Fiddlesticks has in the jungle. * **E:** If enemies haven't damaged Fiddle recently and they can't see him, he moves fast. Makes in much harder to know when Fiddlesticks will be ganking and where, therefore increasing his **_”Uncanny”_** vibe. I know that this ability greatly reduces his capabilities as a support, but I think Fiddlesticks should be a jungle champion. In addition, you now have the option occasionally control where a _Crow_ spawns. * **R:** His crowstorm has remained largely the same, because it is the signature move of Fiddlesticks. His original dread movement speed boost has been moved to this ability, because that is when he needed it most. **WHAT TO BUILD?** Fiddlesticks item build path has been largely unchanged. {{item:1402}} is your first item, then build Boots of your choice and {{item:3157}}. Fiddlesticks core build is then complete, and he starts falling off, as the old Fiddle did. Masteries/Runes are also largely the same. And for those of you who think his killing potential is too high/difficult jungler to deal with, just take a look at all the assassin/heavy damage junglers we currently have _(e.g. {{champion:107}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:5}})_. All of these junglers are way better at killing than {{champion:9}}. What do you think of this new Fiddlesticks? Does he approach the **_”Scarecrow”_** thematic better with this version? Let me know! I've always loved Fiddle, and I'd love to see him become relevant as a jungler again.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel