[REWORK IDEA] Kindred, the Eternal Hunters

While Kindred is definitely not in an urgent need of a Gameplay Update, I feel like it wouldn't hurt if we were talking already about what Kindred should be. I think most of us agree that Kindred could be so much more, and even I, despite how much I adore them, can admit that this is wasted potential, as it doesn't really feel like I'm playing two different entities, but Lamb and her pet Wolf. So what this post is about is how an ideal Kindred kit would look like, at least in my mind, especially in thematic resonance. First off, the passive: **NEW**: **Two Ways to Die** The player will start as Lamb, with Wolf assisting her, however the player can decide when the roles will change and Wolf will be in charge. The transformation has a static cooldown which decreases each time a Mark of the Kindred is proc'd. Lamb and Wolf have different abilities and different ways to mark their targets. The player knows when he can switch forms when the other part of the mask is glowing, then they can click on it to play as Wolf (the white part of the mask), respectively Lamb (the black part of the mask). Form switch cooldown: 120 seconds (-10 per Mark of the Kindred stack, permanently, so at 12 stacks this passive will have no CD). **Mark of the Kindred** Lamb and Wolf have different ways of marking their targets. Lamb can mark enemy champions (live), while Wolf can mark **SPECIFIC** jungle camps from the enemies' side of the map (in this case, the champions-to-be-marked bar is replaced with one with the jungle monsters). Dragons, the Rift Herald and Barons will be always marked, regardless of Kindred's current form, and it will not affect this passive's cooldown. Scuttle crab cannot be marked. Lamb passive cooldown: ~~75 seconds after marking a target~~ > 45 seconds after marking a target Cooldown per marked target: ~~some minutes (?)~~ > a minute Wolf passive cooldown ~~25 seconds after the marked target's death~~ > 45 seconds after marking a target No cooldown per marked target. Kindred's (both Lamb's and Wolf's) attack ranges are increased by 10 per stack. NOTES: - Not only will this homogenize Mark of the Kindred as a passive, but it will also ditch out the RNG part of Kindred's kit. - The Two Ways to Die passive will use the same mechanic as Kayn's, but it can be used multiple times. Lamb's kit: **Q: Dance of Arrows**: stays the same **W: Wolf's Frenzy**: ~~Wolf's basic attacks scale with 50% of Kindred's bonus attack speed~~ > Wolf gains 40%~100% bonus attack speed whenever he attacks a target three times in a row, stackable ~~Wolf’s attacks reduce enemy monsters’ movement and attack speed~~ > Wolf’s attacks reduce enemy monsters’ movement speed **UPDATED E: Embracing Death** Passive: Lamb's basic attacks deal bonus physical damage against targets which face her. Damage: 30(+10 per Mark of the Kindred stacks) + 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of target’s current health Active: Lamb cripples the enemy, slowing them by 50% for 1 second. If Lamb manages to attack the target 3 times in 4 seconds, the target will receive bonus physical damage and be taunted for 1.25 seconds. Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+150% Crit Chance) (+15%(+1% per 60 AD) of target’s missing health) **R: Lamb’s Respite**: stays the same Now, moving onto Wolf’s kit: Wolf's basic attack range is 100. **Q: Dance of Beast** Wolf pounces on the enemy target, dealing physical damage. Wolf is then able to cast this ability two more times, but on different targets, in 3 seconds. Damage: 80/110/140/170/200(+10 per Mark of the Kindred stack) (+40% AD) Target range: 400 CD: 9 after the first pounce **W: Lamb's Splendor** Lamb jumps into the center of the target area, shooting an arrow at the closest enemy, dealing physical damage and marking them. Against the marked enemy, Wolf can cast Dance of Beast three times on that target. Lamb then continues attacking the target which Wolf is attacking, dealing magic damage, and reducing the monsters' attack speed on hit. Lamb gains 15%~30% (based on level) bonus attack speed each time Wolf casts an ability. Physical damage (on ability cast): 8/8.5/9/9.5/10% (+1% per stack of Mark of the Kindred) of the target's current health Magic damage (on hit): 30/35/40/45/50 (+70% bonus AD) (+100% Crit Chance) Target range: 500 Area radius: 700 CD: 18/17/16/15/14 **E: Mounting Dread** Passive: Wolf's movement speed is increased against fleeing enemies. Movement speed increase: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% (+5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred) Active: Lamb cripples the enemy target, slowing them by 50% for 1 second. Wolf's third strike against the enemy will deal bonus physical damage and will make Wolf untargetable for 1.25 seconds. Damage: 80/120/140/160/180 (+40% AD) (+15% of target's missing health) **R: Wolf's Damnation** Wolf curses the ground under himself for 4 seconds. While inside the area, all units (including champions, minions and monsters; both allied and enemy) cannot be healed or shielded by any source. All units within the zone have their Health bars reduced down to 30/20/10% immediately after the curse ends. Effect Radius: 500 Cooldown: 160/130/100 Now, discussion time. Starting off, the passive is obviously inspired by Kayn's. It doesn't need a special key slot like other champions' transformations. **Lamb and Wolf's abilities DO share the same Cooldowns.** Lamb does have some consistency tweaks (W making wolf be scarier over time, E making enemies face their death), while there is a whole new kit for our baddest Wolf. I think the major aspect this kit has and Kindred's current kit doesn't have is the SYMMETRIC OPPOSITES vibe. The lamb and the wolf. The gentle and the cruel. Anyways, that's about what I've had in my head. I added in a pool to see what you guys think about it.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel