>(There’s no prologue. I hope you enjoy it)
***"A Promise can break. A Promise can shatter. But a Promise will never be forgotten."*** **- Forthwind. The Infamous Son**
*"Forthwind knows no exception when it comes to justice and this includes when calling his vigilantism light-heartedly upon those who don’t deserve to continue their live in Forthwinds eyes. With his giant sword and a keen eye that targets even the lightest darkened soul, he annihilates with raging waves without any mercy. Some call him insane and that he lost his mind, but others would say that he reached the Point of no Return.*
*Little is known about the place where Forthwind calls his home, but he insists of the name ‘Sky Island’. He claims to hail from a flying island above Runeterra and that he was a brave Hero with a wife and kid. On these Sky Islands, the people evolved with different needs and thus had wings growing out of their backs. Those wings are unbearable to touch yet it was the only way to survive on Sky Island. A dispute between communities broke the land in half; it turned the Sky Islands into a battlefield with huge losses. Forthwind was a loyal servant and follower of the King of Sky Islands who is also his father. He protected him until the very end, until Sky Island was reformed as a united kingdom. The tortures and deaths from the past that gripped the land to almost extinction have passed since then and many years have gone. *
*Until the day has come when the King has been assassinated, and the incriminated one was his son, Forthwind, as his great sword was found pierced through the old King’s chest. Not only Forthwind has been captured and set in chains, but also his wife and kid. The punishment for regicide on Sky Island was probably the cruelest execution in the history. But before, his wife and kid have been executed in front of his eyes. He promised to his wife and his child that he will find a way to redeem their death. In the next moment the Executioner ripped Forthwind’s wings apart, pierced his chest with his own sword and kicked him from the Sky Island to fall and die miserably.*
*Forthwind fell from thousands of miles, but fortunately fell into the ocean near Demacia. Anglers have found him and treated him as much as they could, they brought him to Demacia. Forthwind, who had his wings ripped out of his back, a pain that one could not imagine, had to gain his power back in Demacia and learned that when one judgement is not righteous, he must call his own justice forth. Forthwind enters the League of Legends in order to get stronger, to get rid of the evil that corrupts this world and to find a way to return to Sky Islands and fulfil the promise he made. "*
(Please click on the picture if you want to be redirected to DeviantArt and its Creator)
* *Forthwind is a bit eccentric and his speech is slow, laconic, and unhurried; but when remembering the tragedy of the Sky Islands, his disposition shifts to extreme anger. He acquired many titles throughout his previous life on Sky Island such as **"Forthwind the Unemployed", " Forthwind the Freeloader", "Hangover Forthwind ", "Steel Forthwind ", "Invincible Forthwind ", "Pretty Boy Forthwind from the Garbage Dump", " Forthwind the Unsung Hero who Gives It All He's Got", " Forthwind of the Dawn"** (his favorite), **"Daybreak Forthwind ", "Nice Guy Forthwind ", " Forthwind that Weird Guy who Helped Out", " Forthwind of a Thousand Conquests"**. *
* *Forthwind is sometimes a show off as, on several occasions, he performs exaggerated and over-the-top moves. Forthwind is seemingly unflappable, not showing any fear. He can be serious when the situation calls for it, but he still maintains a laid-back demeanor during such situations and is never with out a witty taunt or comeback. Forthwind can seem at times to be uncaring or even callous, but actually has a very strong sense of justice and prefers to fight fairly. He can be counted on to do the right thing, even if he makes cynical quips about it the entire time.*
* *What's great about Forthwind is that he's NOT doing it entirely for revenge, either, but to give meaning to his family's death, which suggests that even in this revenge-laden world, revenge isn't the only reason for saving the world from evil. *
* *Being one of those keep-to-self, self-dependent type of people, Forthwind usually puts forward a rather quiet disposition. Possessing a demeanor where he seems to care less about anyone else when he meets someone new, Forthwind is just a silent person. More or less, a drifter, a vagabond. That silenced, keep-to-self demeanor does quickly change when it comes to heated situations or women, or both. Forthwind is a man who believes that a woman should be treated properly. A believer of chivalry and being a gentleman. Another part of his personality is his rage. Every time the memories of his dead wife and kid comes up, his face twists. Eyes filled with wrath, his voice snarling out. This comes from the fact that he is partially bent on revenge. *
* *For Forthwind’s service for Demacia on the Fields of Justice, Demacia requested the Piltover Academy to invent a device or flying ship capable to reach the Sky Islands. However, because the Sky Islands are extremely high above Valoran and it isn’t even visible either with the human eye or a telescope, it’ll be a difficult task, but not impossible.*
* *Forthwind was once a being with giant wings and with that he was one of the best warriors the Sky Islands ever had. But now he has no wings anymore as they were tore apart as part of his execution. *
* *Forthwind is best played top and can also be extremely strong in jungle as his abilities, especially his Q, works best at movement-impaired targets that allow him to clear his farm very fast. His ganks can be difficult as his abilities require positioning and aiming, but in combination with the lane partner it is no problem. *
Health 455 (+81)
Attack damage 56 (+3.1)
Health regen. 7 (+0.78)
Attack speed 0.625 (+2.9%)
Armor 22 (+3.0)
Magic res. 30 (+0.40)
Range 125 (Melee)
Mov. speed 335
#***Innate Passive - 'Brave Burst':***
*After every **third basic ability** is cast, Forthwind’s **next basic attack** within 3.5 seconds will **stun** the target for **0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 (Champion Level 1/2/3/6/9/10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18) second**. Continuous basic ability casts can refresh the duration, but not stack. *
#***Q – ‘Force Thrust‘:***
*Forthwind’s **next basic attack** gains **+125 Attack Range**, deals bonus physical damage equal to **35%/43%/51%/59%/67% of his Total AD** and the ability’s Cooldown is **reset** if the target is under **movement-impaired effects** inflicted by Forthwind's abilities, such as slow, stun or knocked up or back. *
* **Cooldown: ** 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
#***W - 'Gravity Zero'***
*Forthwind immediately **jumps forward** to the designated location within **400 ranges**. Upon arrival, he immediately thrusts his great sword into the ground, dealing **60/70/80/90/100(+25% Bonus AD) physical damage** in a **250 range area** around the arrival point and **slowing** enemies hit by **15%/25%/35%/45%/55% for 1 second**. In addition, if enemies are **Airborne** and are hit by **‘Gravity Zero’**, their Airborne state is **cancelled** as they are forced to fall on the ground, receiving **200% of ‘Gravity Zero’ damage** and the slow is applied afterwards.*
* **Cooldown: ** 15.5/14.5/13.5/12.5/11.5
#***E - 'Pathfinder':***
*Forthwind rams his great sword into the ground. After a **0.6 second delay**, the earth in a **250 range narrow** and **600 range long cone** shatters and opens a rift where hot steam is pouring out, setting enemies at first contact **airborne for 0.7 seconds**. The rift will stay for **1.5 seconds** and grant Forthwind while he is inside of the rift **+15/+25/+35/+45/+55 bonus AD**. *
• **Cooldown: ** 15/14/13/12/11
#***Ultimate - 'Chains of Affinity':***
*Upon activation, in a **500 range circle** around Forthwind, he sends forth chains that **bind all enemy Champions** hit by on him for **3.5/4.5/5.5 seconds**. For the time being bonded on Forthwind, enemy Champions cannot run further than **500 range** away from Forthwind, but are able to run freely within those **500 range around him**. Forthwind can **recast** the Ultimate once again to **pull all enemy Champions** towards him, dealing **150/200/250(+100% AP) magic damage** when they collide with Forthwind. **Spellshield, Blackshield, Mercurial Scimitars and even flash can help avoiding the Ultimate before and while they are bonded**. *
* **Cooldown: ** 120/100/80
I guess Forthwind is something pretty new to the League of Legends. While the most dealing ability is his Q, he needs to focus on using his W and E in order to increase the damage output done with Q. On top of that, he has his Ultimate that makes it easier, but also difficult. Imagine you’re Forthwind and you cast your Ultimate on one enemy. In order to reach that enemy, you have to go to the target – but if you walk towards the target, you give him more space to walk further. So you need to use your E and W to time well and force him. If everything fails, you can recast your Ultimate, but you free him from your reigns and he can escape. On top of that, your E has a 0.6 second delay and its area is very narrow cone that can be easily dodged if the target is very near you.
* ***Innate Passive*** rewards Forthwind for using his abilities in combination instead of single use, which means that he goes full-out – once the enemy knows how to escape, like using flash or other things like Mercurial Scimitar, the enemy can turn the tide – but you’ve got the stun!
* ***His Q*** allows him to deal constant bonus damage provided the enemy has a movement-impair effect. When using E for that purpose, it is essential to use Q before casting W as W cancels the enemy’s airborne state.
* ***The W*** is his gap closer that is best used in combination with his E, to deal bonus damage and allow him to hit with his W successfully.
* ***E*** creates a rift that immediately sets enemies in a airborne state and provides bonus AD for Forthwind. This ability becomes essential when using it in combination with W and Ultimate active, as when Forthwind uses his E, he gets bonus AD and the enemy can’t escape his grasp while he is in the rift.
* ***Last, but not least - The Ultimate*** that gives Forthwind the ability to encage a enemy Champion to be near Forthwind. This allows some awesome plays, especially near by small rooms where the enemy lacks of escape ways. Although this ability can be interrupted with flash, mercurial scimitar and Spellshield, it still allows Forthwind to control a enemy team’s movement for a short duration. Beware, Forthwind is not immortal and he can get easily the most important target for the enemy if he pisses them off.
Forthwind is strong as a fighter and bruiser, he excels against most other bruisers as his damage potential can be used in combination with his CC. Other than that, Forthwind can be a easy prey for fast Champions who can dash, go invisible, ambush Forthwind or dodge easily his abilities that would otherwise make him a strong Champion.
“Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought”
“It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny”
“People do not lack strength; they lack will”
“Science may have found a cure for most evils but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings”
“Be the change you want to see in the world”
“Humanity is dead. I will save what i can.”
“I can already tell. Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party!”
“Devils never cry.”
“Peace.. It is a fairy tale... at the very bottom of the universe."
“Now you see me, now you see stars.”
“Call me Forthwind of the Dawn, do your worst”
"Yeah i'm told that hurts"
"Foreplay is for the weak."
“You’re the last in the line!”
"Live by the sword, die by the sword"
“Now, that's what I'm talking about!”
**If an enemy or ally unit near Forthwind’s vision goes invisible:**
“Well I guess if you're stuck with only one power, invisibility ain't so bad.. I've been dreaming about what I'd do with invisibility ever since I was 15.”
**If an enemy Bard uses ‘Magical Journey’ and goes through near by Forthwind:**
“Aww, you poor thing. Didn't your mother teach you how to use a door?”
**If Caitlyn uses her Ultimate on Forthwind and it misses it or doesn’t kill him:**
“You want a date? Well, forget it. Because I make a point not to go out with women who shoot me in the head!”
Demon Hunter Forthwind
Steel Legion Forthwind
(Please click on the picture if you want to be redirected to DeviantArt and its Creator)
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.
If you want to see more of my work, then feel free to visit my [CCCC](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/rO567m9r-enter-the-neverworld-champion-concept-list) (*Custom Champion Concept Compendium*).