Olaf rework - my ideas

Back in the day when I first started playing, Olaf was one of my favorite champions, just based on his thematics, and he was really easy for me to do well with. But, as I've been playing the game more, and especially in this meta, I realize that he really just doesn't have as many tools as he needs to in order to be viable. Looking at Olaf from an opposing side, he can also be very annoying to play against, just due to his ultimate. In teamfights, if he gets a little damage, he usually just ults, runs to the backline because no one can stop him, kills the carry, and runs away, which is not really fun to play against. Because of this, I've thought up some ideas for how to change him, and maybe make him more fun again. Please comment what you think. -- **Passive: Berserker's Rage** Olaf's Attack Speed is increased by 1% for each 1% of his Health he is missing. _(The exact same. This is a pretty unique passive and it fits him well.)_ **Q: Undertow** Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Mana Cooldown: 7 seconds Passive: Olaf's attack speed is increased by 1.25% when he has both axes in his hand. Olaf's attack speed is decreased by 0.75% if he throws an axe, but gains 14/16/18/20/22% life steal. Active: Olaf throws an axe to target location, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+100% bonus Attack Damage) to units it passes through, and slowing them by 29/33/37/41/45% for up to 2.5 seconds. If Olaf picks up the axe, the cooldown is reduced by 4.5. _(Olaf's Q is often important during the early game, but is also very mana-intensive. Having a lower mana cost in the early levels would make for an easier time dealing with ranged laners. His Q is also very boring, you either throw it or you don't throw it. It also makes sense thematically that Olaf would only attack with one of his axes if he throws the other one. Adding the life steal to the Q gives him some survivability, but not as much as before.)_ **W: Viking's Call** Cost: 45 Mana Cooldown: 15 seconds Active: Olaf blows his horn at an enemy. If the enemy is standing close to Olaf, they will be feared for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds, and if they are far away from Olaf, they will be taunted for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. _(This ability gives Olaf some engage and disengage that he really doesn't have in his current kit. Utilizing it properly could make or break an early trade.)_ **E: Reckless Swing** Cost: 21/34.5/48/61.5/75 (+ 12% AD) HP Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds Active: Olaf deals 70/115/160/205/250 (+ 40% AD) True Damage to the target enemy. The cooldown of this ability is reduced by 1 second every time he lands a basic attack. _(The exact same. Fits his kit and thematics well.)_ **Ultimate: Ragnarok** Cost: 0 Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds Passive: Olaf gains bonus 20/30/40 bonus armor and bonus magic resistance while Ragnarok is inactive. Active: Olaf removes all disables from himself and becomes immune to them for the next 3/4/5 seconds, gaining 40/50/60 bonus attack damage for the duration. For the 1/1.5/2 seconds of Ragnarok, he also gains 50/60/70% bonus movement speed when moving towards nearby visible enemy champions. The duration of Ragnarok is increased by 1 second if he takes damage, and by 3 seconds if he is hit with a crowd control ability while active. While Ragnarok is active, damage from attacks against him increase by 10/15/20% based on how many times he has been hit by basic attacks or abilities. _(These changes to his ultimate still give him the opportunity to be able to dive into the backline, but now gives his opponents a window of opportunity to stop him. Opponents can sacrifice CCing Olaf in exchange for increased damage against him.)_ -- What do you guys think?
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel