Azir and Xerath Story Discussion

Hey all, As a member of the Narrative discipline that works on ideation & story, I’d like to follow up with you about where we currently are with champ bios and backgrounds. Previously, we've communicated two main ways in which the presentation of champ backgrounds is changing: format & location. A while back we started moving away from the older style of 'historical' bios in favor of character stories (think Braum & Gnar), but we've found that issues like character limits and formatting constraints are preventing us from really pushing things further in the in-client lore tabs. Given that the lore tab is also intended to give players a quick feel for a champ's thematic and identity, we've decided to morph it into more of an introductory space that links to deeper story experiences on the website's champ info pages. That said, we’re frankly behind on all of this. We recently released in-client champion intros for Shurima champions without having their deeper story pieces ready to go. We know this is frustrating and we’re working to get them all out as soon as possible. Additionally, as I mentioned last week, we've run into some tech issues preventing us from de-linking the champ info pages from the lore tabs. We hope to have this fixed very shortly, but for now we're actually unable to deliver completed stories in the way we've promised. Because of this, we’ve taken the interim step of stickying the new Azir and Xerath short stories on this board. We hope you enjoy them, and deeply appreciate your continuing patience as we work to bring you the stories you want and deserve. I’ll be hanging out in this thread for a bit, so feel to leave any questions you may have and I'll do my best to address them. [Azir](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/zmvrQ7I6-short-stories-azirarisen) [Xerath](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/RdkEIREJ-short-stories-xerathunbound)
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel