Ex-Rioter Stellari on the Divide between Unpopular and Popular skin sales

Hi Stellari (Janelle J.) on Twitter
@Spideraxe30 Not a scientific poll, but the results again show that people don't understand how insanely wide the gulf is between popular and unpopular. Let's put it this way, one time a great skin for an unpopular champ made less than my annual salary at the time GLOBALLY.
https://twitter.com/thejanellemj/status/1158423105481535489?s=20 For those who can't access twitter: >Not a scientific poll, but the results again show that people don't understand how insanely wide the gulf is between popular and unpopular. Let's put it this way, one time a great skin for an unpopular champ made less than my annual salary at the time GLOBALLY. >And I wasn't making 6 figures at the time. Now, of course she can't say what skin it was nor what champion just that it was a great skin for an unpopular champion. Now, let's make the assumption that this was a 1350 skin (About ~12 dollars or so) and let's also make the leap that Stellari at the time made 99,999 USD annually because reasons. With this, you can narrow down that out of a _global_ audience, just short of nine thousand people bought this skin. Nine, thousand. Regardless of what you think League's playerbase is now, that's abyssal. Like bottom-of-the-ocean-tier-skin-sales. Of course I'm sure there are arguments people could make/question such as if that champion was strong, if they were old/new, if the skin really _was_ well made, etc. No matter what, this is just kind of a morbid reminder about how utterly massive the gap is between a popular and unpopular champion.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel