Riot has lowered the standards for Legendary Skins.

This isn't going to be another thread on how SG Xayah and Rakan don't have a toggle or anything like that. TL;DR at the bottom. Riot no longer lives up to their standards for legendary skins. I first noticed this with SG Jinx. No new model or walking/auto animations. Take a look at a champion like Ashe who got an ENTIRELY new rig for her project skin, or Ahri for her SG skin. Then came Pyke, same model, same walking animations, etc. People noticed this right away and called Riot out for it, citing their Skin Standards which states: _"A complete reimagining of the champion from the ground up, with total and complete immersion in the fantasy. Includes a new model, new texture, new splash image, new animations, new visuals, new voice over and sounds."_ We are now getting even less. Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan use the same models, almost exact same walking animations (extremely noticeable on Xayah particularly) almost same auto animations, etc etc. The reason given is that they added their familiars and didn't have the budget to remake everything else. So what about their voicelines? They have the same voicelines as their base skin in a LOT of places: -Recall -Pings -Shielding/Healing, etc. Not only this, but a LOT of their new voicelines are just their old voicelines but changing a few words to match star guardians. I liked that at first but after finding out they kept a lot of their base voicelines it just feels like they didn't want to take the time to come up with anything new. This is not up to standard. The more they take away from these skins, the more we're paying for something not even completed, and it's concerning that we lose more and more without players even noticing. When I tried to talk to Rioters concerning this, I was promptly ignored. Just feels shady to me. **TL;DR Riot no longer gives legendary skins new models/animations on a lot of their spells, and now their voiceovers aren't even completely redone.**
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel