Why is Rumble being alienated so heavily from other Super Galaxy skins?

(Warning, this post may turn out more angry than I expected it to be) So, another round of Super Galaxy skins with their splash arts + summoner icons got released (as seen here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/10/103-pbe-update.html?m=1 ), and while we all can have different opinions on the quality of these skins, there's one important thing that not that many people pay attention to, Super Galaxy Rumble is yet again being ignored in regards to catch up Easter Eggs/Bonuses/Chromas/References/Summoner Icons that other older skins that became a part of bigger series got. For the reference, here's the recap of these type of things: > Star Guardian Lux was released on May 18th 2015, when the new set of Star Guardians was released on October 6th of 2016 Lux quickly got acknowledged as a part of the series, became featured in promo materials for the series and animators even went out of their way to give her new haste animation (running really fast) to fit the rest of the team. The recognition continues as Lux becomes a main character of Star Guardian universe story (around the release of this year's set from September 7th). > Pool Party Ziggs was released on Sep 4th 2012, when the first larger Pool Party set was released on Sep 11th 2013, Ziggs did get some attention by being featured in promo materials, Pool Party loading screen and even got featured in a form of easter egg of some 2013 splash arts. As far as Pool Party retroactivity goes, around the release of set from July 14th 2016, Pool Party Graves (2013) and Pool Party Lulu (26th June 2015) got additional chroma sets. > September 1st 2014, Project Yasuo is released. While it didn't get much around the release of first bigger Project set from 8th September 2015 (Promo materials, Project Yi has special interactions with him), it did get some extra recognition around the release of next Project set from August 2nd 2016 with the catch up First Strike border, more interactions with Project Ashe, and more promo material feature. > Pulsefire Ezreal was released on June 29th of 2012, despite Riot constantly ensuring us that they won't go back to Pulsefire Ezreal and will keep selling the skin as it was back in the day, on release of Pulsefire Caitlyn on May 25th of 2017 (a whooping ~5 year gap) Riot did actually do a visual update of Pulsefire Ezreal, updated the voiceover, updated the animations, gave a ton of interactions between him and Cait and have an extra Summoner icon related to him. > Arcade Sona released on August 31st of 2012, Arcade Hecarim on August 22nd of 2013, Arcade Miss Fortune on August 10th of 2014 and Final Boss Veigar on August 28th of 2014, aside from seperate release dates for each of these skins, another thing they have in common is retroactive recognition once again: August 20th of 2015, Battle Boss Blitzcrank and Arcade Riven roll out, older skins gain some sort of a feature (splash art easter eggs, loading screen, promo materials), and in the later Arcade set from August 25th of 2016, Miss Fortune and Blitzcrank gain chroma sets for their respective skins, and once again, promo materials, same goes for set from August 9th of 2017. > (Probably the most aggravating example for me personally, mostly because there's a little history to it) It was a bit right after the first bigger set of Super Galaxy skins (May 26th of 2016), of course, even then Riot completely ignored Super Galaxy Rumble but back then for me it was more of a confusion rather than anger, right after that a new set of Wrestling skins popped up on the PBE, and the next week when the PBE cycle was coming to a close, respective Splash art and Summoner icons, but what's this? El Tigre Braum (older skin of this series from January 21st of 2015) gets a Summoner Icon as well?! Of course, it strikes me as weird,̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶w̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶(̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶m̶o̶b̶i̶l̶e̶.̶t̶w̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶T̶h̶e̶O̶w̶l̶S̶n̶i̶p̶e̶r̶/̶s̶t̶a̶t̶u̶s̶/̶7̶3̶3̶0̶2̶0̶3̶2̶6̶8̶2̶9̶9̶4̶8̶9̶2̶8̶)̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶@̶R̶i̶o̶t̶K̶a̶t̶e̶y̶C̶h̶a̶o̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶?̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶?̶ ̶&̶q̶u̶o̶t̶;̶N̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶&̶q̶u̶o̶t̶;̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶W̶H̶A̶T̶ ̶I̶S̶ ̶U̶P̶ ̶W̶I̶T̶H̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶,̶ ̶D̶O̶ ̶A̶L̶L̶ ̶R̶I̶O̶T̶E̶R̶S̶ ̶H̶A̶V̶E̶ ̶T̶O̶ ̶B̶E̶ ̶S̶O̶ ̶A̶M̶B̶I̶G̶I̶O̶U̶S̶ ̶A̶B̶O̶U̶T̶ ̶E̶V̶E̶R̶Y̶T̶H̶I̶N̶G̶?̶!̶ ̶I̶ ̶G̶E̶T̶ ̶I̶T̶,̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶L̶I̶K̶E̶ ̶E̶D̶G̶A̶R̶ ̶A̶L̶A̶N̶ ̶P̶O̶E̶ ̶A̶N̶D̶ ̶A̶L̶F̶R̶E̶D̶ ̶H̶I̶T̶C̶H̶C̶O̶C̶K̶,̶ ̶B̶U̶T̶ ̶D̶O̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶H̶A̶V̶E̶ ̶T̶O̶ ̶T̶R̶A̶N̶S̶I̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶R̶ ̶A̶R̶T̶ ̶P̶R̶E̶F̶E̶R̶E̶N̶C̶E̶S̶ ̶T̶O̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶R̶ ̶J̶O̶B̶?̶!̶ ̶(̶A̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶n̶a̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶)̶.̶(I might have went too hard on that part). I'm pretty sure I could find more examples of such occurences, but I hope that this gave you some insight on how I see the situation, with all the retroactive recognition all the other skins from other sets are getting, while Super Galaxy Rumble gets nothing for the most part, the only things I can think of is Ragdoll Poppy splash art easter egg which isn't exactly on the level of retroactive recognition I'd expect, and a T-shirt which would have worked with Classic Rumble skin as well, ie. It's not related to Super Galaxy theme in any way, making Super Galaxy Rumble look out of place there. What's even more disheartening and annoying, is that Rumble in general is barely getting any recognition from the playerbase and Riot staff. When they do try to include Rumble in something it's either not very spot on, clumsy, or downright infuriating, but most of the time they don't bother to expose him to larger playerbase so it's not like he's gonna get compensated any time soon. While at the same time, whenever there's anyone voicing any negative opinion on current state of Rumble in this regard, the non-Rumble playerbase results to the classic set of [downvote + You're exaggerating/You already have SG Rumble what more do you need lol/This game's free, it's not like stuff like that affects your life/Rumble has a shit model, just wait until his inevitable VGU or relaunch]. In other words, being a member of Rumble playerbase sucks. The entire combination of all of this makes it a really annoying and terrible experience, watching all the other champions get recognition and exposure, in some cases transitioning into gameplay making them viable picks without requiring much effort from the player, while Rumble is just stuck in his sad state of slowly taking place of Yorick/Urgot as the leading joke champion nobody cares about. At this point I'm starting to hate Super Galaxy Rumble and wish it was never released just so that Rumble could get some better treatment with Riot's today's tech. Anyway, back to the topic, where is Super Galaxy Rumble's place in the series? Is it just some overly complicated marketing campaign to make him the leading skin of the series while at the same time not giving him any more time in the spotlight than what he had at the time of release? Is Super Galaxy Rumble the odd one of the group who should be renamed to Neon Strike because he's not wanted in the Neo-Super Galaxy? Is it really this hard to make one Summoner Icon for a skin just because it was released 3,5 years ago (For those out of the loop, Super Galaxy Rumble was released on April 3rd 2014)? All I ask for is an answer from someone at Riot, a detailed, honest, geniuine answer, what the hell is up with Super Galaxy Rumble? Tl;dr Being a Rumble player nowadays sucks and I'm finally pissed to a point of writing this point, all from the skin/retroactive recognition standpoint.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel