ADC build paths

I see many people on the boards wondering what to get on ADC's, and many people in game, who obviously don't know what to build. This post is meant to help with that. First off, there are three "classes" of ADC's: 1. {{item:3078}} The "caster" class. this class includes champs such as: {{champion:81}} {{champion:42}} this class focuses on mostly using their abilities, with a few autos thrown in for the {{item:3057}} procs. A typical build path for a "caster" ADC, looks something like this: {{item:3078}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3035}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3026}} 2 {{item:3153}} the "Auto" class. This class includes champs such as: {{champion:429}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:29}} This class uses mostly autos to get their damage down, and usually have some kind of stacking proc(i.e. {{champion:429}} Rend, {{champion:67}} Silver Bolts, etc) A normal build for this class is this: {{item:3153}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3035}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3102}} 3{{item:3031}} the "Traditional" class. This class includes champs like: {{champion:222}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:110}} (And basically every other adc in the game) By far the largest class, the "Traditional" class uses a mix of abilities and autos to do damage. A typical build path could be: {{item:3031}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3035}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3139}} When deciding what to build, first determine what class does your champion fall into. Once you've done that, look at your opponents team comp. Say your champ is a "Traditional". If they have all squishy champs, then maybe you should get {{item:3072}} third instead of {{item:3035}}. If they have a long range poke champ, like {{champion:76}}, maybe you should get a {{item:3102}} as your defensive item. Always remember, your build is flexible. Never stick to the same six items in the same order without paying attention to your enemies and your team. And this isn't just to ADC's, every champion has a flexible build path. Don't stick to that one cookie cutter build. I hope this has helped you out! Feel free to reply or message me if you have questions about a particular champion.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel