Vantafox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ßlameMyADC,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002a000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:13:45.715+0000) > > The comment was directed at the "first world issue" statement. > Of course I am not owed anything that isn't contractually regulated. That doesn't mean it isn't reasonable to press these issues further. > Riot profits if their players are overall happy with their product. > > Additionally, I heavily doubt that the team working on matchmaking and those that work on player behavior are one and the same. > Riot is not just one entity that isn't capable of multitasking. > All issues need to be discussed, no matter their severity. > If you look around the boards you'll find out fairly quickly that more pressing issues are discussed as well(?) > > What are you even on about...??? I never demerited the importance of discussion. You have confounded that yourself. All I said was that people should be happy they are even able to log in instead of flaming each other in this very thread. I also never said the teams where the same. The original statement was quite clearly directed at the people who are complaining that somehow "fixing the broken game" is more important than curbing toxicity, be it speech, griefing or otherwise. I digress, it's as I said before. To the game quality crowd: It is a luxury and thus is naturally prioritized second to toxicity. To the toxic behaviour crowd: Exposure to that issue accounts for <10% of the community whereas toxic speech accouts for some 60%. Having played from Iron to high Plat and everything between, I can sure as s*** tell you right now running it down and leaving isn't something majority-Elo players do. They are too busy hammering away at the keyboard and/or inflating their egos.
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002a0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:28:54.749+0000) > > I never demerited the importance of discussion. You have confounded that yourself. All I said was that people should be happy they are even able to log in instead of flaming each other in this very thread. > > I also never said the teams where the same. The original statement was quite clearly directed at the people who are complaining that somehow "fixing the broken game" is more important than curbing toxicity, be it speech, griefing or otherwise. > > I digress, it's as I said before. > > To the game quality crowd: It is a luxury and thus is naturally prioritized second to toxicity. > > To the toxic behaviour crowd: Exposure to that issue accounts for <10% of the community whereas toxic speech accouts for some 60%. > > Having played from Iron to high Plat and everything between, I can sure as s*** tell you right now running it down and leaving isn't something majority-Elo players do. They are too busy hammering away at the keyboard and/or inflating their egos. I can wholeheartedly agree with that. Been playing for roughly 8 years now, since I was 12, from B5 to just G1. I've been one of those myself not realizing how stupidly toxic I was, just throwing absolute bulls*** into chat. Either way. Now I get you ^^
Vantafox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ßlameMyADC,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002a0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:48:14.708+0000) > > Discarding a communal issue because it's **global** significance is too low is one way to display ignorance, I guess. Talk about hard-missing the point. Pot, kettle. Under no circumstances is any quality issue more pressing than a player attitude issue. Overpowered characters and shoddy matchmaking metrics are oversights, not affronts. You are lucky if they are good because they are not owed to you (in a free-to-play game no less). You are, however, owed some level of respect - and, by law, protection against a level of harrassment and obscenity. What are you even on about global issues...???
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002a00000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:06:14.039+0000) > > Talk about hard-missing the point. Pot, kettle. > > Under no circumstances is any quality issue more pressing than a player attitude issue. Overpowered characters and shoddy matchmaking metrics are oversights, not affronts. You are lucky if they are good because they are not owed to you (in a free-to-play game no less). You are, however, owed some level of respect - and, by law, protection against a level of harrassment and obscenity. > > What are you even on about global issues...??? The comment was directed at the "first world issue" statement. Of course I am not owed anything that isn't contractually regulated. That doesn't mean it isn't reasonable to press these issues further. Riot profits if their players are overall happy with their product. Additionally, I heavily doubt that the team working on matchmaking and those that work on player behavior are one and the same. Riot is not just one entity that isn't capable of multitasking. All issues need to be discussed, no matter their severity. If you look around the boards you'll find out fairly quickly that more pressing issues are discussed as well(?) What are you even on about...???
: > [{quoted}](name=Xphineas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kFO5v8Tv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-01T16:58:12.584+0000) > > You wont be banned for off meta in ranked as long as you try to win, hell, you can play yuumi jg and it will be fine. ok whoa.. let be realistic... please don't do that. lol
He will be fine though. People forget about the Summoners Code. If you try your best to win, you shouldn't be banned. I'd rather have someone pick an awful champ and still do their best, not flame and follow the rules. Than xXCarryKing (name is made up I dont intend to call out this person) Running it down mid, flaming like crazy **intentionally**
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:36:59.133+0000) > > Written toxicity is equally as bad as trolls, inters and AFKs. > > If someone on our team trolls and you decide to be a toxic child in chat I will report both of you. I don't want or need either of you in my teams. I would take a flamer who at least tries to win over an afk/inter every day. I have seen a lot of players carrying despite them flaming the whole game, whereas afks/inters are a guaranteed loss.
> [{quoted}](name=Dorans Pants,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:59:21.559+0000) > > I would take a flamer who at least tries to win over an afk/inter every day. I have seen a lot of players carrying despite them flaming the whole game, whereas afks/inters are a guaranteed loss. I just wanna have a good experience. I've seen amazingly friendly teams, despite a horrible loss. And that was such a refreshing thing. Everyone was chill, everyone was show sportsmanship. Riot should be just as invested in this topic, because it regards one very important aspect of their product. User Experience. If it's bad, people leave/won't bother joining. OP showed us an example, introduced their friend to the game and they instantly left because the user experience was horrible.
: Just remove the slow from her Q and she'll be way more balanced and vulnerable to ganks. Put the slow on her e activation dash so it's a sticking tool but not an easy escape tool. The problem with Akali is that a good one is pretty much ungankable and she's not weak in lane at all while being a godly teamfighter as well because of all her self peel. Same principle applies to Zed. Safe assassins with a ton of jukes and escape tools should not be dealing the damage of assassins who need to stay in melee for prolonged time to do damage and have few/limited escape tools. Both Akali and Zed should do less damage than Katarina, Talon, Ekko and Fizz.
Are we talking about the fish that can literally go invulnerable? I mean, I hate Zed with a passion. There is no "counterplay" guides out there. Only "watch out, he stronk" guides. And I'd be perfectly fine with his damage, if he didn't get rewarded for tower diving, getting himself slowed, then stunned, just so he can insta TP out of it with his shadow and **perhaps** even pick up a kill on a squishy midlane without Zhonyas
Rioter Comments
Vantafox (NA)
: This entire debate could be easily laid to rest thusly: - Game balance is a luxury. - Human decency is a right and responsibility. One will never supercede the other by its very nature. Full stop. Let us all take a moment of pause to appreciate how fortunate we are to be so invested in such a first world problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:46:35.429+0000) > > This entire debate could be easily laid to rest thusly: > > - Game balance is a luxury. > - Human decency is a right and responsibility. > > One will never supercede the other by its very nature. Full stop. > > Let us all take a moment of pause to appreciate how fortunate we are to be so invested in such a first world problem. Discarding a communal issue because its **global** significance is too low is one way to display ignorance, I guess.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Because there are bigger problems and Riot prioritises toxicity,almost ignoring the others. It's like you trash your car by pushing it off a cliff and the first thing you go and fix is the radio. Like who cares
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:01:43.959+0000) > > Because there are bigger problems and Riot prioritises toxicity,almost ignoring the others. It's like you trash your car by pushing it off a cliff and the first thing you go and fix is the radio. Like who cares I know people who are toxic, every, single, game. Unless you write something that the Instant Feedback System can properly scan, absolutely nothing will happen to you. It starts off with writing "end yourself" instead of other things. Riot tries to help against toxicity and, to be quite honest, unless you direct report via support (and I don't even trust those sometimes), a person whos obviously toxic has a (random guess) 5% chance of actually getting punished. I'm not talking about "trolling", which many people call you out for just for having a bad game. I am talking legit verbal toxicity. From fucking someones parents to literally murdering people. As long as you word it right, you won't get punished. Because the Instant Feedback System doesn't detect it. I don't know if this is too much to ask for. But bring back Tribunal. **It was merciless**. And that was the right thing.
: welp here's hoping you nubracians now enjoy the even tighter chat rules you've placed on yourself as a result of nb3 getting banned for flaming by not flaming.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kHtytAg7,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-06-21T08:07:28.194+0000) > > welp here's hoping you nubracians now enjoy the even tighter chat rules you've placed on yourself as a result of nb3 getting banned for flaming by not flaming. There's literally screenshots of Nightblue telling people to commit...you know.. terrible things, holding lobbies hostage and more. If I did that, that would be an insta ban, how can you people defend this dude?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I said it several times and I will say it again: Yes, getting these skins requires either _extreme_ commitment to the game or the will to spend tons of money on it. That's the entire point of these **prestige** skins. They are not meant to be for everyone. If you don't see yourself able to get this skin the way they are achieved right now, then you simply are not the target audience for them. I know, it sucks if a champion you are a big fan of gets one of these skins, making you unable to get all the stuff this champion has to offer. Pretty sure they will give us a prestige skin for Jinx one day and it will feel bad for me, too. I have every skin for her and want to keep this up. But if she really gets such a skin, then I have to accept that I am simply not in the situation to get it. That's just how it is.
I understand that there is people out there who show their commitment by month long grinds to get these skins and I respect that. But Riot is neglecting idk if it is fair to say but "normal" people. Someone mentioned that he has 2 jobs and college and sits on 1.6k Prestige points. Which I respect, he is showing commitment. But.. I spend 8 hours a day sleeping, roughly 3 hours max a day playing games and the other time either working, learning or both. I've been playing this game for a long time, thus showed commitment in a different way and was hoping that I too can earn this skin, but perhaps would have to get the Trials pass to, you know, close the gap between those that just hard grind and those that also do other things in their freetime. And it's just heavily disappointing that this isn't the case :(
: Yes. They are absolute ripoffs. So don't buy them. That's what you do when a store charges too much for something. i never said it was charitable. Bear in mind that there's no RNG to this. You play games and get a static number of tokens per game, you can then save up to get it. Or you can use real money to avoid that grind. Those are your two realistic choices. It doesn't make it unethical though. Nor does it make it illegal. No, this isn't a monopoly. Claiming this is a monopoly because they're the only people who sell League of Legends skins is like calling McDonald's a monopoly because they're the only people who sell the Big Mac. There are other skins out there - DotA2 has skins, Overwatch has Skins, Starcraft 2 has skins, etc. They just aren't LoL skins, so they won't work with your LoL character.
The comparison is wrong though. League of Legends has the monopoly of League of Legends Skins, I want this one specific skin, I'd even purchase it, if it didn't mean cashing in 100€. McDonalds is selling a "burger" on a market, that is.. well the real world. League of Legends is selling something, only they really own. A Skin for a League of Legends Character that is bonded to their game. The Market here is the Game itself. McDonalds does not provide such Market, it is simply a competitor. And in case you wanna go ahead and say "well there are other MOBAs, I mentioned them". Yes there are other MOBAs, the competition with those however is the game itself, not the skins. Additionally there is no second store, selling Skins for the champion you and I want. If I own an Iphone and only one company would be allowed to sell cases for an Iphone, then that person would have the monopoly on Iphone Cases. **Let's imagine a world where it is clear that I personally believe that an Iphone is the superior piece of hardware, you wouldn't throw away your phone, buy a product that is worse just for a new phone case, would you?**
: The comments in this thread are exactly why no one takes this board seriously. * 1. People just calling Yasuo player weebs * 2. People insulting the intelligence of Yasuo players * 3. People just listing his kit details What actual discussion is happening in this thread? There are three people I've seen actually address the OP's question, Hotaru, Bard and Pikafox. Everything else is just an insult towards Yasuo players, or blind hatred towards CT. And judging from everyone else's comments, it kinda just sounds like people think he's able to ult someone touching their turret's butt, and be placed outside of it. That's not how it works. It's only on the edge of turrets where this tends to happen, this is the intended environment for which it should be happening. Why? Because Yasuo has zero control over where he goes with his ult. He doesn't teleport directly inside of the target, he blinks to whatever spot the game puts him. Without the addition, as Bard stated, you could ult someone whose out of turret range, and potentially get killed by turret because the game decided to put you directly inside of them. Now, the question could certainly be asked, could you make this more like Kai'sas Ult, where you activate the ult at a certain place and that's where you'll go to. That's not a bad idea, but of the occasional times Yas will need to ult you while you're barely outside turret range, I fear you're giving him even more strength. Being able to choose the side of a champion you're ulting gives him more safety later in the game, and takes away the risk of Yasuo ulting into a team. He can position himself, safer, towards the closest side of his team every time.
I think the core issue with what OP adresses is that he does not receive much dmg from a turret even after the dive. He knows, his ult is a safe haven and if he plays it smart, which he inevitable will, because minion waves spawn forever, he pushes minion wave into the enemy turret, uses his ult, which he can basically achieve by literally diving onto a sort of low HP enemy, then denying the turret shot by going into ult immediately, perhaps dropping a Q ignite to finish a half HP mage off and then using the mage minions to dive back out, taking PERHAPS a second turret shot in the progress. The only "counterplay" you get against that happens way earlier by either winning trade, or if you got a bad pick, not trade at all. Ive had good experiences using this guide: https://youtu.be/FZDr8IMqg0o however, the counterplay proposed here is essentially, stay out of harms way or take a single trade as a mage and be prepared to get rekt because you are sitting on half of your HP or less, because you wanted to get a single farm for once. Yasuo's finisher acts like an assasine, but his kit really doesn't seem like one and that's why it's so frustrating to play against. Infinite movement, damage neglection, very little penalty for Yasuo, when he dives and an overall whopping attack speed (invoked by his Spam Q) + essentially point and click knockup make for a mixture of (Dashes) Lee Sin, Damage Neglection (Fizz), getting out of Turret range easily with very little hits (Zed), getting down a point and click knockup (Malphite R, but you have to "dash up" to someone)
: So you can all make ten billion fucking topic about it like it killed your children and pets. It is clearly not the thing I would even argue about Yasuo, but since people want to pinpoint every one of his strength when they hate on it, it is as bad as satan.
Agreed. His ult is not what I have trouble with. What annoys and this is honestly the only thing that annoys me, is that he get's a shield that doesn't just represent a certain amount of dmg, it fucking eats up almost any dmg source like it's nothing and he gets it for **drumroll** walking... Malphite has a similar shield, but it has a proper CD and it isn't a fucking "dmg blackshield"
: I’m sorry Riot but you needs to fix your shit...
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/memes/aEpkGNn5-riot-expects-me-to-pay-150u-for-a-chroma I've elaborated on my personal situation here as well. Despite me buying the MSI Trials and (!) only putting 250 Tokens out of ~900 into Champion Shards (so I'm sitting on 650). Even with these roughly 2 weeks left, assuming I would be able to earn another 600 tokens, I would still have to down 100€-150€ into the game for a golden Chroma. "But Prestige Skins are for those who are committed to the game." No, just no, I've been playing this game since Season 2, like a normal human being. If Riot ever made that argument, then that's bs. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} It is too expensive.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: You saw nothing Play other games and give me your answer holy $#@@# What Riot is doing for those Prestiege is a blessing
I get your point, but it's heavily flawed. Just because Riot doesn't go full EA mode and chops the game in half then sells it full price, it doesn't mean this is good. I like the game and I like the champ and I like the skin and I've shown commitment to this game for several years. How come I can't earn myself this skin without wasting my life or dumping half of what other people consider their monthly pay into this. It's not a good experience in my opinion.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Thuban (NA)
: Client works just fine for me. You might want to turn your attention to your own computer. Computers are a fun world where you can have the same exact parts, and one will have issues, the other will not. You can have a working build, change one hardware part, and all hell breaks loose. Stop blaming the freaking client, start blaming both your rig and it's interaction with the client. There are two sides to the coin. Contact Riot in a support ticket. Work with Riot to get it fixed. They have a dedicated technical support team that will be happy to work with you one on one. They can't fix a damn thing if they can't find where the problem is because no one is talking with them about it and bitching on the forums instead. Only you can provide the technical information of the problem you are having. If you do not provide that information, it will never be fixed.
> [{quoted}](name=Thuban,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Azgs857O,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-05-12T10:13:06.225+0000) > > Client works just fine for me. You might want to turn your attention to your own computer. Computers are a fun world where you can have the same exact parts, and one will have issues, the other will not. You can have a working build, change one hardware part, and all hell breaks loose. > > Stop blaming the freaking client, start blaming both your rig and it's interaction with the client. There are two sides to the coin. > Contact Riot in a support ticket. > Work with Riot to get it fixed. They have a dedicated technical support team that will be happy to work with you one on one. > > They can't fix a damn thing if they can't find where the problem is because no one is talking with them about it and bitching on the forums instead. Only you can provide the technical information of the problem you are having. If you do not provide that information, it will never be fixed. It's so easy to say that. My PC specs are perfectly fine, the client is absolute trash regardless. And we both know that the first thing Support does is drop you absolutely useless copy-paste instructions that are intended for people who ACTUALLY have a low-spec PC or messed up configurations. This is exactly what they will link you to: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007595768-Troubleshooting-Lag-or-Low-FPS-in-the-Updated-Client And if it doesn't work they will ask for Log files and then you wait 5 years as they tell you they will work on the issue but absolutely nothing happens and the client remains in it's garbage state.
: FIX the client pls!
When I said the client is garbage, people praised it and said "what do you expect, for it to work perfectly? lower your standards". Yes.. Yes I expect a software product I am using to work as intended. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} This time this thing is getting right onto the main page {{sticker:sg-lulu}} I hate gambling whether my ban or my champ pick actually got logged in. Spamming into the top left corner cuz you never know if its actually lagging out or if its just a visual issue, so it's a 50/50 between banning the champ I intended or selecting whatever the search results brought up first/nothing. Same with logging in the champ, it's great that, despite "failing to log in my champ" it sometimes does it anyway but I can't even do my masteries cuz the client lags out like crazy. Or, even better, wanna buy something with RP? YES? Okay, heres your RP, now reload the shopping page. I am aware that those are loads of minor things, but it ruins the User Experience completely and renders the client more of an obstacle than a tool... P.S. My PC specs are fine.
: When I get new emotes I typically have to log off then log on to show.
That helped :3 Thanks. Shouldnt be that way tho.
Rioter Comments
Dynikus (NA)
: Things like anivia wall would no longer work with any of your suggestions, assuming it's still coded the same way it's always been
If the collision hitbox of minions is simply tuned down, then the wall would continue to work as intended, however minions would be able to mash their heads a bit closer against that wall :P
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:56}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GiUaENEi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T15:39:28.602+0000) > > {{champion:56}} Give ma boi some butter on his bread. {{champion:56}}
: Normals barely at all Ranked 90%
I definetly see that too. I don't play normals too often, but people are usually just having a nice chat. However I play Ranked so often nowadays that "social mentality" wise I feel like I'm playing normal and my up and downranking is just a side effect and not the focal point of the game I am playing rn. Therefore I don't tilt as easily cuz my rank might be in danger. I do however take my rank into account when i want to improve. I sit down and think "man, what am I doing wrong, why did I lose last game? Are my builds shit? Is it my playwise?"
Rioter Comments
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: I mean, this is the community who basically denied that TF Blade said the N word even tho you could clearly hear hit in the clip, what did you expect. Toxicity is just part of who these ppl are. The most frequently upvoted requests on these boards are literally "stop punishing toxicity so much". Nobody is going to care about new players. Doesn't even matter in normals, you'll still just get flamed for the smallest mistake.
IMO it's not being punished enough. If every, and I MEAN EVERY game consists of someone calling me gay, or an idiot, or a r%%%%% or a bastard then there is definetly something wrong with the punishment system. Tribunal had its issues, yes, but it was merciless, bring it back. {{champion:10}}
: Hey Riot, can you maybe hire Player Support that understand even the most basic fundamentals of LoL?
: Can we do something about creep block
There is in general also some logical adjustments that need to be made. I think it should be possible to create a secondary hitbox, one for abilities, one for movements. Therefore, when an ability is supposed to hit a minion, it will hit how it should, but walking through waves of minions should be easier. Alternatively, make it so that minions get PUSHED aside, when a champ walks through. + All flying/floating champs should not have to deal with minion block at all, it just makes no sense.
hoganftw (NA)
: How to win Solo Queue Games: Treat your teammates like dogs.
I now lead a Gaming Clan called "The Woofers", the size of the entire EUNE playerbase. Guide checks out.
: > [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-29T15:12:36.212+0000) > > I like the idea of Weighted Boots; maybe instead of being its own separate set though, it could be a "modification" to current boots? Like, for example, it could be like old boot enchantments(RIP these). It would build out of tier 2 boots and therefore give all of the stats of its predecessor... but lose a certain, indeterminant amount of MS as a result in exchange for the knock up/displacement reduction. In all honesty this would be best case scenario but I don't think we will ever see T3 boots again.
Problem is, if you implement only one type of T3 boots, it will result in everyone getting that T3 anway. It should be limited to Mercurys and Ninja Tabis only.
Fijitas (NA)
: all language should be available for everyone
EUNE Server located in Frankfurt, Germany - Region doesn't have German language support. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: This is absolutely great! I did something, too, but nobody believed me when I said that it's like 8:2 (my leavers/their leavers) or something. But it was.
Low amount of data tho if you consider thousands if not hundred of thousands of games happen daily. In the end it will equal out, that's just how statistics work. Additionally there are factors including yourself, if you generally tilt people, (this is not an accusation just a hypothetical factor) it is more likely for them to leave the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vW2rEElx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-27T14:26:03.442+0000) > > Yeah, yeah, I could have just leave immediately at post game, but that has nothing to do with the issue of people auto un-mute at post game screen. This is so true! I once heard (in my software engineering lecture I think) that if you describe a workaround as "Someone can _just_ do xy" then it's bad design and does not solve the original problem.
Yup, it's a function they have implemented to relieve the stress toxic players or someone who has a really bad game is putting onto those that just wanna play the game and chill, if I have to work around the function for it fully properly work, it's bad design. I agree. But luckily I'm sure Riot doesn't like people calling their things bad design and I hope they will fix it :)
: riot: HAHA NEVER! THAT WOULD REQUIRE US TO PUT WORK INTO THE CLIENT AND WE WILL NEVER DO THAT AHAHAHAHA!!!
Let's give our dear Rioters the benefit of the doubt and hope they listen to what we ask for. I remember asking for the Emojis displayed on the side of the game on an alternate account and it was implemented only a few days later. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Good title, I thought that it was about Avengers Endgame
I know right {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: Just block the player.
I mean of course this is the obvious solution, but the issue I am pointing towards is an implemented feature that does not work correctly. I do not wish to go the extra step of taking multiple measures against a single player harassing me, I just want it to be a one-click-never-think-about-it-again solution.
: I thought this was gonna be an Endgame spoiler...
Clickbait Master {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Dr Poro (EUW)
: League of Legends is in season 9. Death recap is still in alpha.
Since I created a thread about this as well and some interesting points where made I thought I'd take the right to quote someone making a very interesting point as to why Death Recap might be broken. Additionally as Kaisha theorized down here in this thread as well as the one I created, it might be that Death Recap does indeed work fine, but damage calculations might be so broken to the point it could be rigged. Essentially saying that the DR is a debug snapshot of what the server sees that we do not see. Here's a link to the original thread where I am taking this from and also some quote which was very interesting as it also shines a different light on the possible source of this issue that speaks against damage calculations being fundamentally broken: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/RRhEQf8n-riot-forgot-something-crucial-screentime-crucial https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/RRhEQf8n-riot-forgot-something-crucial-screentime-crucial?comment=000c "Snoozel Chu"s input on the whole thing. > [{quoted}](name=Snoozel Chu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RRhEQf8n,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-04-27T23:03:37.066+0000) > > I don't remember where I read this, but as a guy with rudimentary programming skills, I believe I remember hearing about DR being bugged due to what amounts to a "fetch error." And this is more plausible than ghost damage sources. > > In essence, the way DR most likely works is by fetching values at death to fill categories. "Killer" and "Assist" work as you expect. This data is relatively straight forward. One shows who killed you, and the other is filled with 1 or 2 players that got assist credit. This portion of the fetch program works as intended, usually. But the rest of the values are, most likely, unaligned. > > "Damage source", "Icon", "Spell name", "damage type", "Quantity of damage" are likely values the DR needs to call for display. These values are likely stored in [box] for each one. For anyone who had to take computer science in high school, a good surrogate example would be cell algorithms in Excel. A group of cells would hold values that other cells with equations would call from to fill new cells with display data. In an advanced system, the cells having the base values are filled by other cells of values. If the cells feeding values to the cells feeding the end equation have the wrong info, you get bad end cells that display the wrong numbers. > > In terms of game programming, the values would likely be filled into brackets, to then be displayed into the death recap. We've all seen {}'s and such in recap, and that would be caused by bad value fetching. However, based on how the values are 'shaped', one value could be falsely extrapolated into the wrong end result. An ability could display as a summoner spell. The damage and type could be falsely portrayed, even as the server casts the right info, if the fetch program is calling things the wrong way. > > An example: Garen uses his Q as part of the damage that kills you. The value for that specific ability might be {GQ1}. Physical damage might be {1} for physical. Magic as {2}, true as {0}. Again, all examples. In a perfect system, when filling the value tables for the fetch, this damage would display like this: {GQ1, 1, 250} in actually, based on the age of the system and how small riot was at conception, this would actually be more likely to display as {GQ11250}, parsed into different categories based on digit placement. It's quick and messy, but as long as the data fed to the value tables remains consistent, it works. Except it doesn't. > > Riot has massively overhauled the game since launch, making a lot of changes to how things display in game. Damage pop ups, ability pop ups, lots of random things given clarity for ease of play. But if the the base data is changing to suit this new means of in game display, yet is the same data used by the old DR system, then that Garen Q could be completely misread as, say, Janna throwing her Q instead. With the addition of so many sources of of effects and damage, like from runes, and the lack of change to the old system of read the data, then the data would be read incorrectly. But as long as it matches something in the original table used by DR, something will be displayed. And it will be the wrong thing. > > In order to fix this, Riot would have to find a system of data feeding from server to client that consolidates all the information needed that matches a new table programmed into DR. But, that table would need to be updated with every new content addition, with major updates taking longer to fix. This is why simply "fixing" death recall won't stick. After a couple patches, the data feeding would change enough to render the DR obsolete. The solution would be to change how the data is fed in a way that more precise and provides more that just raw values. The server would need to provide everything so that DR needs no table. But in doing so, this would increase the load on the data pipeline and cause other issues, like client latency. So this creates a lose lose situation for Riot. They either set aside man power to manually update the DR data table so that it always accurately extrapolates the raw data, and update it with every single patch; or they reprogram the sever to client data feed to provide lossless information on every detail of an ability, which will inevitably introduce lag. > > Tl;Dr Riot can't fix the death recall system without either a dedicated update team with each patch, or updating server-to-client data feed for the DR to be so specific as to increase latency due to the volume of extra data being sent, should the above theory of design hold true. In order to avoid both of these problems would require a lot of technical engineering to create an "as needed" framework with a suitable load time that displays killer info a second or two after dying. Which is not an easy task, and could lead to problems and crashes if done improperly. This is a rework of a scale that would require beta testing as it affects how the server sends data and how the client reads it. And Riot would rather spend those Dev hours on new content, as the death recall is a relatively useless tool. > > But again, it's just a theory, but it is more plausible than the game rigging extra damage, which is something that would effect the integrity of competitive play at high levels and would be noticed much sooner.
: I don't remember where I read this, but as a guy with rudimentary programming skills, I believe I remember hearing about DR being bugged due to what amounts to a "fetch error." And this is more plausible than ghost damage sources. In essence, the way DR most likely works is by fetching values at death to fill categories. "Killer" and "Assist" work as you expect. This data is relatively straight forward. One shows who killed you, and the other is filled with 1 or 2 players that got assist credit. This portion of the fetch program works as intended, usually. But the rest of the values are, most likely, unaligned. "Damage source", "Icon", "Spell name", "damage type", "Quantity of damage" are likely values the DR needs to call for display. These values are likely stored in [box] for each one. For anyone who had to take computer science in high school, a good surrogate example would be cell algorithms in Excel. A group of cells would hold values that other cells with equations would call from to fill new cells with display data. In an advanced system, the cells having the base values are filled by other cells of values. If the cells feeding values to the cells feeding the end equation have the wrong info, you get bad end cells that display the wrong numbers. In terms of game programming, the values would likely be filled into brackets, to then be displayed into the death recap. We've all seen {}'s and such in recap, and that would be caused by bad value fetching. However, based on how the values are 'shaped', one value could be falsely extrapolated into the wrong end result. An ability could display as a summoner spell. The damage and type could be falsely portrayed, even as the server casts the right info, if the fetch program is calling things the wrong way. An example: Garen uses his Q as part of the damage that kills you. The value for that specific ability might be {GQ1}. Physical damage might be {1} for physical. Magic as {2}, true as {0}. Again, all examples. In a perfect system, when filling the value tables for the fetch, this damage would display like this: {GQ1, 1, 250} in actually, based on the age of the system and how small riot was at conception, this would actually be more likely to display as {GQ11250}, parsed into different categories based on digit placement. It's quick and messy, but as long as the data fed to the value tables remains consistent, it works. Except it doesn't. Riot has massively overhauled the game since launch, making a lot of changes to how things display in game. Damage pop ups, ability pop ups, lots of random things given clarity for ease of play. But if the the base data is changing to suit this new means of in game display, yet is the same data used by the old DR system, then that Garen Q could be completely misread as, say, Janna throwing her Q instead. With the addition of so many sources of of effects and damage, like from runes, and the lack of change to the old system of read the data, then the data would be read incorrectly. But as long as it matches something in the original table used by DR, something will be displayed. And it will be the wrong thing. In order to fix this, Riot would have to find a system of data feeding from server to client that consolidates all the information needed that matches a new table programmed into DR. But, that table would need to be updated with every new content addition, with major updates taking longer to fix. This is why simply "fixing" death recall won't stick. After a couple patches, the data feeding would change enough to render the DR obsolete. The solution would be to change how the data is fed in a way that more precise and provides more that just raw values. The server would need to provide everything so that DR needs no table. But in doing so, this would increase the load on the data pipeline and cause other issues, like client latency. So this creates a lose lose situation for Riot. They either set aside man power to manually update the DR data table so that it always accurately extrapolates the raw data, and update it with every single patch; or they reprogram the sever to client data feed to provide lossless information on every detail of an ability, which will inevitably introduce lag. Tl;Dr Riot can't fix the death recall system without either a dedicated update team with each patch, or updating server-to-client data feed for the DR to be so specific as to increase latency due to the volume of extra data being sent, should the above theory of design hold true. In order to avoid both of these problems would require a lot of technical engineering to create an "as needed" framework with a suitable load time that displays killer info a second or two after dying. Which is not an easy task, and could lead to problems and crashes if done improperly. This is a rework of a scale that would require beta testing as it affects how the server sends data and how the client reads it. And Riot would rather spend those Dev hours on new content, as the death recall is a relatively useless tool. But again, it's just a theory, but it is more plausible than the game rigging extra damage, which is something that would effect the integrity of competitive play at high levels and would be noticed much sooner.
Thanks a lot for your in-depth input, this does indeed shine a more plausible light on the situation. However, if Riot can establish a norm that specifies in each situation how damage data is sent between server and client, Death Recap would only need to looked into every major update or so. I doubt Riot would not want to put their focus on a designated Dev team to rework the DR tool however, since, looking back at a Dev blog post, some of their Devs sat down to review the entire ability system to make Sylas ultimate work, according to them rebuilding big chunks of said system. Regardless of that, thanks for your input! I'll quote it up in the original post.
Rhai (EUNE)
: Most of the time where it shows someone taking damage from a passive, Wukongs for example, the actual damage comes from keystones as the death recap doesnt have an icon or name for them.
I've been told about this in-game once when I joked about the inaccuracy of the Death Recap, however, occasionally some information does not add up. Im assuming that keystones are the ones that just don't show information, but occasionally there is dmg input from Champions (?) that aren't in the game and it would not make sense for the Death Recap to fetch Keystone dmg as dmg from Champions that are not in the current game.
zPOOPz (NA)
: I have to agree with this. If I don't want to see what they have to say during game, I most definitely don't care at post game. Yeah, yeah, I could have just leave immediately at post game, but that has nothing to do with the issue of people auto un-mute at post game screen.
Precisely, I tend to tolerate people who get a bit tilted and go "man this was fucking dumb" at me or smth, but if someone just goes into a tantrum about how much everyone in their or my team sucks, I just really don't care and don't wanna bother checking chat if something interesting was said, just to find out it was the person I just muted calling me names.
ßlameMyADC (EUNE)
: Riot forgot something "crucial" - Screentime Crucial
I just updated the main post including the assumption that Kaisha issued. It is a possibility after all and the thought should not be neglected.
radetari (EUNE)
: To be honest with u I never look at what killed me or how much damage it dealt, i just use it to look at who killed me and what spells he used after that kill feed on the right stops displaying me But they also said that it cannot be fixed so easily from what I've heard And to be honest I don't want any more bugs or issues than there already are If they can do it with minimal problems then cool, if not then schedule it for later
As Kaisha noted a bit further up in this thread, the Death Recap might also be our own little Debug Snapshot to see what is going horribly wrong with the game. If the assumption is true, that the Death Recap does indeed fetch data that the server did indeed calculate before our deaths precisely then a lot, like a sh*tton of damage daily is being handed out by the servers referring to champions that are not in the game, abilities that don't exist or things that shouldn't deal damage in the first place. It means that a whole lot of games are rigged, unintentionally of course, but rigged. And this is a serious issue that needs to be investigated by Riot. Quickly.
Rioter Comments
: Playing Marksman is like playing Dark Souls
> Picks Draven Or as a Rammus main >picks vayne I cry everytime man.
Rioter Comments
: Where in the FUCK is this coming from??
Unlike with your teammates trolling, you can mute your enemies and will never have to hear them again.
Show more

ßlameMyADC

Level 83 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion