: im only suggesting this ONE more time riot
I hope you have a great time not playing this game
: After exactly 9 years...I quitted this night. I just can't stand it anymore!
Complaining about normals not being competitive is like complaining about ranked not being trollfests
Lock On (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Q5WkiQT1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-11T20:01:58.479+0000) > > So statistically, you are biased. Don't abuse the term "statistically." Especially when you clearly don't know what you're doing with your math there.
I don't see an actual point you're making other than that it's your opinion I don't know what I'm doing with my math. Seeing as how you made this thread and are in a direct contradiction with the data, I'd say you're projecting.
: Why is riot putting unranked players in high silver games?
An average competitive player is about as good as a high silver player.
Lock On (NA)
: So, you're not creating any new champions, right?
Currently 26 champions have above 5% pick rate (which means that they're picked more often than once every 2 games). Decrease that to 2% (or in other words, at least once every 5 games) and you have 96 champions. So statistically, you are biased. People play what wins the most. If you have a problem with people picking to win, refer to non-competitive game modes. Champion and balance updates are necessary to keep the game fresh. Take that away and the game dies.
SearedXD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=aomRcN60,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T14:18:04.498+0000) > > Your clients are closing the sockets. What do you mean by this ? Because not only ny cilent , but my browsers are interacting like this :/
A browser is just a client in the client-server relation. It means that the things you use to communicate with Riot are themselves closing the sockets, meaning you can't communicate. I'd say this is due to a program/malware on your computer and is most likely unrelated to Riot.
SearedXD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=aomRcN60,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-09T13:35:38.149+0000) > > Error code 1006 means the source of your problem is you, not Riot. What could be the problem tho ? I have no idea @@
Your clients are closing the sockets.
SearedXD (NA)
: IP Ban Bug
Error code 1006 means the source of your problem is you, not Riot.
: I got BANNED for not playing in over one year
You not playing on the account doesn't mean someone else didn't. Take better care of your account next time.
: Camille is not a natural aging human so she's more towards middle-age appearance wise and does not really look old physique wise Lissandra is a literal demi-god and white/gray hair doesn't necessarily correlate to age in Freljord Illaoi is buff as fuck and her age doesn't show at all I'm imagining a human (i guess) character who is very clearly old, but extremely bad-ass in power despite that, like a Yoda type character
How exactly does Yoda's body show that he is 700+ years old? And why do you think Yoda is badass (he may be wise, but he's not exactly a winner). BTW Camille is a natural aging human, but she has her body enhanced. Also, if we're going by the "age doesn't show at all" argument, that's true for every champion, since no champion has old age signs other than hair color present (like wrinkles, weak bones, forgetfulness, inability to learn etc.)
: Turning the mage argument on you, if he's such a powerful time mage, why can't he make himself (look) younger with his magic? After all, that's apparently something every elderly mage on Runeterra should do, so why not Zilean?
Because according to the lore, he is stuck in a temporal singularity. While it is not fully clear what a temporal singularity, from the context of it it seems he is stuck in time. He is not stuck by magic, but by the physical laws itself. The existing mages on Runeterra do not reverse aginng, they likely prevent it. The reversal of time doesn't work in the way you likely expect it to work.
: Um... No. That's not how aging works. You get old no matter what. You can take great care of your body and still get wrinkles and shit. And a champion who is confident with their age wouldn't want to hide it anyway, be it with magic or technology. Being old doesn't make you a frail, useless thing. There are people in their 60s-80s, maybe some even older, that run marathons and climb mountains. Pretty sure there are some that do body building as well. And you know what they look like? Someone in their 60s-80s. What is stopping us from having a champion like that?
You have no idea what exercise does - it slows down aging. While exercise slows down aging, it does not slow down or stop your joints from wearing down, or your brain from secreting chemicals that help you perform. So while time passing by doesn't necessarily impact how you look, there is no avoiding joint problems and chemically being weak. Chemically being weak is not something that is shown in Leagues since champions do not get fatigued, but appearance is very well shown and magic and exercise are what keeps you looking young. To conclude this, a Rioter said that Runeterra is obviously not on Earth and that different rules apply. Jax, for an example, isn't a magical being, yet he is several thousand years old.
: Your point was "old men in League don't appear old". Zilean is an old man, and he looks old, and you just said that's the point of his character. So should old men in League look old or not? Make up your mind.
Zilean is 3500 years old. He is a time wizard. His whole theme is to look old. Every other character who is as old as him is either a monster, an ascended, or a divine being who can change their appearance. He does not represent old men of League, such as Swain, Olaf, Ryze, Darius, GP... The only other male character who looks old is Braum, who is, like Tahm Kench, based on a legend, rather than a corporeal being.
: How? You're saying its physically impossible for an elderly woman(that actually looks old) to be an incredibly powerful mage or an imposing figure? You realize there are plenty of older female characters represented in other media that have a considerable amount of power, right? And that there are older women in real life that are still doing amazing things despite their age, right?
So wait, when actual older woman use magic to keep their young appearance, they're not real grandmas, but when this SUPER POWERFUL MAGE can't use magic to remain young, it's somehow fitting? The only champion who actually looks old in this game is a time wizard, because that is his theme, no other old champion has their age shown as a physical overexaggeration. Fighting and magic keeps you young, the only way you're going to look old when you have several decades behind you is if you lived a bad life or if you're a step away from the coffin. Obviously none of those fit the lifestyle of a League champion.
: {{champion:26}}
He is a time wizard... The whole point of his character is to look old and he's he's very, very old.
: And yet, none of them look that old. They want a champion that looks old.
Powerless and aged women clash with the idea of an able entity.
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IfuHfpwi,comment-id=002b,timestamp=2019-04-04T20:32:38.294+0000) > > What are you talking about, Camille is like 80, Lissandra is several hundred years old, Illaoi is like in late 40s or early 50s... Illaoi isn't even remotely on the radar when people are talking about old women. At most, she's in her early 40s. As for Camille and Lissandra (and LeBlanc), every single one of them looks miraculously middle aged or 30 something due to magic or technology. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
>Illaoi isn't even remotely on the radar when people are talking about old women. At most, she's in her early 40s. Illaoi was GPs lover, GP is an old fart. She is way older than 40, unless you want to say GP is a p..edo..phile. >As for Camille and Lissandra (and LeBlanc), every single one of them looks miraculously middle aged or 30 something due to magic or technology. LB isn't that old, and grandma refers to offspring and age, not to how powerless or old someone looks. There is absolutely no point having a champion who looks like a weak, old woman. Old men in League don't appear old, so why should women?
: Annual Reminder: There is STILL no old-ass grandma champion
What are you talking about, Camille is like 80, Lissandra is several hundred years old, Illaoi is like in late 40s or early 50s...
: Can't Wait to Have to Ban Mundo Every Game Next Patch
5% more current health on a skillshot and 10 AD is not going to make Mundo magically viable. He has a lot of counters currently as top tier top laners, too.
Jo0o (NA)
: 10-game is the first tier, what are you talking about?
No, 5 games is the minimum you can get.
: RIOT! DOES THIS REALLY DESERVE A 10-GAME CHAT RESTRICTION
It's not your first time seeing as how it's a 10 game restriction, you used cuss words which trigger the system. It's deserved because you didn't reform.
: What I'm saying is that Enchanter champion is supposed to be next, why aren't they teasing that instead? Change of plans?
Quiet before the storm
: Is he coming before New Champ I dont understand why they are teasing him so much??
Because his rework will basically be a new champ. I don't think they will be keeping a single ability of his.
: Nautilus is fine. Giving him too strong of a kit will gut him like before when he was an S tier top laner, support, and even got mid lane play.
He's not even tier 2, I wouldn't call that fine tbh While it's not expected of every champ to be tier 1 or tier 0, they should theoretically have one role at which they are tier 1 or 0. I'm not calling for him to be a tier 1 or 0 jungler, top laner or a support - looking at what kind of a champion he is and looking at his kit he would likely be the most enjoyable to play with and against in that role and considering tank junglers are in the dump currently, it would fit to push him into one of the best tank junglers since he doesn't have the problems Sejuani has, for example.
Böljy (EUNE)
: I think his passive buffs were meant for Jungling. It gives him a bit better clear speed as the passive also deals damage, even if it seems like it doesn't do much. The damage on his passive ain't bad at all, as it grows per level. I can't say much about it yet as the patch was just released and I haven't had enough time to try stuff properly. I do think however that this buff is fine as Nautilus jungle wasn't bad before the patch either. A bit weak, yes, but not outright terrible. If Nautilus were to recieve an additional buff though, I'd hope it only affects his Jungling. Giving him too much damage against champions kind of destroys the point of what he is supposed to be. Giving him more tank will be a problem later on, after the one shot meta passes and tanks come back. Remember Nautilus back in the tank meta?
The thing is that later on his jungling doesn't matter because he is still slower than virtually every other tank jungler, and that even though you think he is fine a s a jungler, in the face of Sejuani, Rammus and Zac, he is unplayable. All of them take less damage, clear faster, gank easier.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Monstermushmush,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ezcv4aYX,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-03-20T02:17:25.767+0000) > > Also looks like gatekeeper galio. I think you mean Enchanted Galio https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/36/Galio_EnchantedSkin.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20181021044421 Even so while they share a similar color scheme, Morde's New Helmet & Galio's head are definitely different (The Overall metallic look of Morde's Helmet, The Eyes & the Spikes). It was also confirmed by Riot Endless Pillows that this IS INDEED Mordekaiser's Reworked Head/Shoulders. ------------------ The only real question I have now is how far are they in Mordekaiser's Development cycle? Endless Pillows mentioned that the emotes came out "Early", but it makes me wonder if Mordekaiser is near completion & will be ready very soon.
It was more than a month ago that people playtested him so he is likely hitting the PBE in the span of month or two.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Fix your broken game, Riot
That Caitlyn skin has a smaller model than the hitbox. The game is not broken, you're just playing a p2w skin.
Ahris (NA)
: Explain what counters Vayne in which Vayne cannot do anything about. Go!
Caitlyn shits on Vayne because of 100 aditional range, burst and scales almost identical to her. Draven shits on her at every stage of the game because of higher DPS and burst. Neeko shits on her due to her ult and higher damage at every stage of the game, not to mention she can shove her in early.
FFrazien (EUW)
: @RiotRepertoir Can you say the same for Vayne?
Yorick is hardly counterable, Vayne is easily counterable. Only people on these boards could complain about a champion that's banned once in 4 games and has a 51-52% winrate lmao. It might have something to do with Vayne performing well against the champs they practically one trick hmmm
: ***
Because the title was non descriptive and essentially useless, just like the observation turned out to be XDDDD
: Riot when are you going to acknowledge that MF love tap is an aweful passive?
She's a lane bully team fighter, not a Vayne like you are wishing for her to be lmao
Bergk (NA)
: Neeko passive with Kayn.
Damn I thought you could stack his passive out and somehow permanently become Kayn
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z0TE6eQ8,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T00:51:29.615+0000) > > Since when is a pick rate of 3.6% too low to pinpoint his winrate? He has above average pick rate, buddy. do you see the numbers jumping all over the place? garen doesnt magically get stronger or weaker by 5% from day to day. hes just played in so few games, that his average winrate is entirely influenced by random variance.
A 3.7% pickrate is not a few games. He is amongst the more played toplaners, so your claims are purely anecdotal and have no real relation to Garen's actual statistics. And no, I don't see the numbers jumping everywhere. What are you looking at, GM+ Garen playrates 😂😂😂
: kayle adc is stronger than ap/as kayle, working as intended
Why are you spouting bullshit? The hextech on hit build is still way better than this. Your niche build may work for you, but it is generally trash. Looking at your op.gg, you haven't even played a normal game of it, let alone a ranked one.
Terozu (NA)
: Why hasn't Yasuo been changed when he has >60% banrate in 9 regions?(of 13)
Because Yasuo isn't a problem. He's an annoying champion people don't like playing with or against. I don't think he's broken, but still ban him and will continue to ban him for the rest of my life even if a team mate wants to play him because I don't like playing with him or against him. I would rather have a troll on my team that play a game with yasuo in it. Not because he's that strong - he's just insufferable. He could be the shittiest champion in the game, have literally only his passive in the kit and I'd still perma ban him.
: > [{quoted}](name=Literally Kappa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z0TE6eQ8,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-03-15T00:24:17.880+0000) > > Garen is fine he has a good winrate through all ranks. > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/garen/iron (iron up) > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/garen (plat up [aka the important ranks]) "normal and ranked" leagueofgraphs doesnt mean shit, since theyre mixing non competitive game modes into their stats. here are his actual stats. https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/platinum/plus/champion/Garen/Top/ his play rate in plat+ is so low that it has become impossible to pinpoint his winrate anymore. its just overtaken by variance. hes in the shitter right now.
Since when is a pick rate of 3.6% too low to pinpoint his winrate? He has above average pick rate, buddy.
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j5u0iuIH,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T11:45:54.896+0000) > Ranked soloq (the thing soloq is means, not your stupid downgrade, since soloq is a queue, not a way of playing) allows duos to play as well. I didn't say "soloq". Respond to what is actually said. > A myth confirmed empirically is a fact. Empirically as in "someone has actually tested this"? Or "empirically" as in "i've confused anecdotes with evidence."? Because if the former, then you're lying. And if the latter, then you need to retake Statistics. So which is it, ignorance or dishonesty?
>I didn't say "soloq". Respond to what is actually said. You mentioned solo queue, which is the same as solo q in the way thnx is the same as thanks. This is the most pathetic strawman accusation I've seen in my life. >Empirically as in "someone has actually tested this"? Or "empirically" as in "i've confused anecdotes with evidence."? Because if the former, then you're lying. And if the latter, then you need to retake Statistics. Riot uses an MMR system which works like this. Also, I can provide a Rioter post from the early days of dynamic queue where it is explicitly said that matchmaking aims to equate the number and size of premades on each team. Empirically you can look at virtually every match info you have. I can take 100 arbitrarily chosen games and we can see the connection between premade frequency and size on both teams. I figure you're not worth it since you're a normal-game-only player so you're fairly disconnected with the state of the game and because you're obviously either a fairly new player who wasn't here when matchmaking that's currently in League was widely discussed or you're purposedly ignoring what Riot has already established as facts.
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j5u0iuIH,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-03-11T14:04:44.190+0000) > > Soloq is two-man premades at most. Solo queue is when you queue up solo. >Also, the system is made in a way that you have either a two man premade on your team as well, or noticeably better players. This is a myth. >But then I noticed you were talking about NORMALS so I guess balancing logic is not very understandable for you lmao Nice boards rules violation.
>Solo queue is when you queue up solo. Ranked soloq (the thing soloq is means, not your stupid downgrade, since soloq is a queue, not a way of playing) allows duos to play as well. >This is a myth. A myth confirmed empirically is a fact. >Nice boards rules violation. How so?
: It ReMoVeS qUeUe TiMe In HiGh ElO, cHalLeNgEr PlAyErS lOvE iT riot appeasing high tier.
> [{quoted}](name=Victorious Udyr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mfOuHvUr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-10T23:10:16.119+0000) > > It ReMoVeS qUeUe TiMe In HiGh ElO, cHalLeNgEr PlAyErS lOvE iT > > riot appeasing high tier. So when all those high level players smurf or leave the game essentially slowly killing it, you're not going to complain? I mean, I'm all for the 24/7 Iron to Diamond streams but I feel like players of your caliber will be salty that they're getting pubstomped by challenger players.
: I don't think it's the CC so much as the teamwork itself that's overpowered. Of course, teamwork SHOULD be ridiculously good in a team game. The problem is when you solo queue and get matched with 4 and 5 man premades who pick an all CC comp and dominate with constant well coordinated roams and ganks. It's impossible to outplay solo, and good luck forming an outplay strategy with your random teammates mid-match without voice chat. A normals solo/duo queue would be a nice solution.
Soloq is two-man premades at most. Also, the system is made in a way that you have either a two man premade on your team as well, or noticeably better players. But then I noticed you were talking about NORMALS so I guess balancing logic is not very understandable for you lmao
: Chain CC (i think) needs a nerf
So you wanna nerf a mechanic that requires good timing because according to you it's too strong when played out perfectly? You have mechanisms to fight that, you know, they're called QSS and Cleanse. Or you could employ Silver+ tactics of waiting for the enemy to blow their CC ;)
: whats the reasoning behind this insane sylas buff?
He got buffed because he's a shit champ
: That's why people complain *facepalm* I think you've missed every point. Late game doesn't even exist. Yet she still wins? 2 items isn't late game buddy it's mid game. Kassadin spikes at level 16, vayne just gets 2 items. It's not the same. Jax is 1v1 king at 15 minutes, and only gets stronger. For "late game" champions that scale with gold and not exp, it's just too easy, there's so much free gold everywhere. Alas, some people think that "hypercarries" should just hypercarry, not like if any champion could do their job reliably they'd all be OP or anything right? /s
The definition of mid and late game vary. Currently, there is no mid game - this is because once the outer turrets fall, you take the Baron and you win the game. Late game champions aren't strong because a certain amount of time has passed or because they need a lot of items - in fact, there isn't a single good champion in the game that needs more tham 2 finished items, otherwise they would be bad, and this is not something that's new to the gaže, it has been like this since beta. Late game champions are strong because the gameplay changes. Vayne isn't weak early because she has no items - she has OK stats and fair skills. But those stats and skills are not very useful for fighting and trading, while they're very good for fighting.
: Hot take: Riven is harder to play against than to actually play
She has matchups she loses, so your statement is invalid tbh. Adrian, the best Riven in the world gets stomoed sometimws, pretty hard too.
: they did the same thing to Rek'sai when she came out. because she could counter jungle lee sin effectively so Rito hit her over the head continuously with the nerf bat until she was so unplayable that they had to rework her R.
> [{quoted}](name=hazerddex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAd891wk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-02T04:42:23.447+0000) > > they did the same thing to Rek'sai when she came out. because she could counter jungle lee sin effectively so Rito hit her over the head continuously with the nerf bat until she was so unplayable that they had to rework her R. Buddy they reworked her R because no matter what they do she would always be a viable tank champ instead of a diver like they wantes her to be. They didn't rework it becuase she was weak, her new R is weaker.
: People are complaining because "hypercarries" don't carry late game they carry mid game. Vayne becomes king at 2 items. 2 items isn't late game. Vayne is supposed to be "high skilled" she clearly isn't. High skilled late game champion made to shred tanks. Games don't really go that late right now, tanks aren't very common, pickrate is high, high pickrate on a "high" skill cap champion should result in negative winrates, but it doesn't.. It doesn't matter if your supposed to be a "hypercarry" this meta isn't suited for vayne and she is clearly OP and way too safe. Several other adc's spike at 3 items. Why does a "late game hypercarry" spike at 2? Guinsoo's is busted on vayne and breaks her kit is why.
Late game nowadays is two items. Games rarely last longer because whiever aces the enemy team and gets baron wins most of the time. If 6 items is late game for you I think you're 2 seasons behind buddy.
: Of course it has to do with a champions kit. But not all champions benefit from passives like "phantom hit" or "essence flare" the same way. These items literally just change their kit. Items shouldn't change a champions kit. If the passive says 3 hits it should be 3 hits. You shouldn't be balancing a 3 hit passive around how a specific item turns it into a 2 hit passive. Same way you shouldn't balance Jax E based on essence flare, where he becomes so powerful he breaks through the CDR limit like a super saiyan. They all just make the champions harder to balance. Most actives don't literally change a part of your kit, and it should stay that way. If you wanted the 3 hit passive to scale in to 2 hits that's fine, but you shouldn't do it through an item. In terms of frustration, its Vayne's late game safety. She has so much damage and tank shredding that you can't play front to back against her. Your forced to dive in and try to kill her, but seemingly she is just too hard to kill. Sure, like most ADC's you "can" 1 shot her, but her invisibility + E + damage just makes her 1 of the best 1v1 ADC's in the game. She excels in both 1v1 and teamfights, if its hard to kill her 1 on 1, its even harder when she has 4 people guarding her with shields/heals/CC. Obviously nerfing her ult buff would make her a lot more fair, but realistically a great deal of champions will always be hated, vayne being one of them.
You're supposed to beat hypercarries early, that's the whole point of the hypercarry - sacrifice early game power in order to get way stronger late game. Unsure why people are complaining that they can't beat Vayne/Yi/Jax late game - you're not exactly supposed to.
: That is true, but a 50% increase on true damage is way too much of a damage boost for a vayne. The item is just like spear of shojin and allows champions to go super saiyan and surpass their kits "limits".
Yeah but if an item boosts a single ability by 100 True Damage that is kind of bad. Imagine Ahri buying a Luden's Echo. the passive alone gets her like 50 damage against tanks, let alone, on her Q or W and other abilities. You can look at virtually any scaling champion like that and every other champion will have a higher damage increase overall than Vayne with items. Again, no ability or item is the problem. It's the gameplay pattern that frustrates people, but the truth is that because of this they can't see what Vayne CAN'T do. It's like when Annie was strong. Or Pantheon. Sure, they are consistent because they are simple, but they're short ranged and linear. If you change the gameplay aspect, people are going to rage that the game is raising the skill cap. It's a lose-lose situation. So in the end, the problem is in the champions, you have to be careful how you approach it, or you're going to make things worse. Recently I've been trying to fix Tryndamere by reworking him. In the end, he turned out to be more of a caster than an auto attacker, but I still kept the crit pattern. The thing is, if you change Vayne to a caster, she's essentially going to be a ranged assassin. She's in an awkward spot where she needs autos to remain and ADC, but also needs actual abilities not to be frustrating to play with/against. So all in all, a lot of problems without a clear solution.
: True damage ruining League, uncounterable mechanics diminish it as a whole. I don't know who is in charge of balance of lately it has really taken a turn for the worse, League better pray a game closer to it than DOTA2 doesn't come out because they will be screwed.
They already destroyed every single MOBA there was so they have no worries.
Show more

Level 111 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion