: > [{quoted}](name=Juice,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FI6z2Ftd,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-06T22:41:00.561+0000) > > I know most people would say Garen is the "easiest" or most "noob" friendly champion, but I have to disagree. > > > Sion is the most braindead champion in this game that completely breaks the fundamentals of this game aka laning phase or the importance of it. > > The new inting sion start just proves it. Everything about this champion - the way he farms, the way he gets tanky, the way he clears waves, his ridiculously low mana costs (anyone ever seen a sion run out of mana? me either), his ability to farm even after he feeds his ass off ... > > This champion is the true, ultimate noob champion that will be useful with all his CC even after 20 deaths and 0 farm. > > In my humble opinion, after his rework the game went down the hole and the entire game was dumbed down for 12 year old kids. > > I'm talking all the little things after that which contributed to this game being easy and less punishing for garbage players. > > I guess that's when Riot changed their philosophy 180 degrees because they were acquired by Tencent. > > Every other champion / rework after that just was completely braindead and impossible to shut down. > > I just had to play against a silver Sion who I couldn't kill no matter what, I couldn't stop him from farming at all while the rest of my team was feeding. > > Go figure > > Edit : Did I mention that his Q goes on a lower cooldown if you actually outplay the braindead Sion and cancel it using your stun? So if he misplays and makes it last long enough for you to stun him and break the channel he is rewarded with reduced cooldown timer on his ulti. > > Also, his cooldowns are so ridiculously low he doesn't have to worry about trades whatsoever. > > This champion is the epitome of bad design, in my opinion, and I know many people will disagree, but every Sion main should be at least 5-6 divisions lower than he is right now, same goes for some other champions that are so ridiculously easy and hard to shut down they artificially elevate the player's skill well above the division he deserves I am more interested in knowing how you went from Bronze 1 in mid september all the way to Diamond 5 yesterday lol. in 6 weeks that is impressive.
Either he's Hashinshin jr.or he got boosted :)
: Actually.... I chose her because I have done this matchup before, and went 24/0/9. Fizz can't do anything to a Mobility creep Karma, and neither can most of the roster. I've danced around and killed all the following champs without ever being at risk of dying. {{champion:105}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:26}} None of these champs can viably shut down a speed Karma, because she can kite almost anything. P.S. I specifically said AP Assassins. Barriers don't do much versus Zed, when Zed's ult works off pre-mitigation damage, and by the time the mark expires, your shield is down. The only way to really mitigate Zed is to heal up the best you can with Ult W, and then E yourself before the Mark Procs, to prevent some of its damage. Ofc Zhonyas, but that's not this kind of build. I can toe to toe a Talon though (personal skill level; not every Karma can) The reason you don't see a lot of Karma games is I rarely use her as support, and I rarely Mid. If I play Karma, it's usually Jungler, or Mid, and I have other junglers who don't incite my own team's suspicions and rage. (Although she's a phenomenal jungler with self sustain and awesome ganks)
You can claim you beat as many champs as you want, but it doesnt help your claim. Again, you dont have any recent Karma games, so we cant see how consistently youre winning with that build. And as some1 who has almost 500k on her I can say that this was just a lucky game. I can be wrong tho, but again, I have no proof to tell me otherwise. This is similar to some guy who claimed tank Brand top is OP af cuz he lost the lane against one, and as a solid 'proof' linked Tilterella' s video where he played it on his smurf acc, and still had 55% winrate, with mediocre kda. tl;dr you dont have enough evidence to prove your claim, and you just got lucky for all we know EDIT: I just looked you up, your 2nd recent karma game, you lost against Diana.. so much for 'karma is good vs ap assassins'
: Tip for people who find AP assassin mids frustrating: Play Karma
You have only one game where you probably got lucky to get a bad fizz player. I would advise you to get more games playing her mid to claim shes indeed good against assassins.
Ahpe (NA)
: How I lighten up the mood in my games and avoid toxicity
If you said that to me I would just think youre a cringy kid, and mute you
ozzzz666 (NA)
: Based just on your name, you should be permabanned, IMO.
: what are you supposed to do when your support tries to put you behind on purpose?
Unfortunately, you cannot do anything about it. Try to play out the game,rep that guy at the end and pray that Riot actually bans him. Or you can jjst leave the game, you wont get leaverbuster if you only do it once in a while.
: Little advice. If you want lies to be believable dont be so specific. Theres no way to find out your amount of reports. And asking people is unreliable as alot of people say they will report and don't
Actually, OP quoted Tantram's comment, but only a part of it. In the first part of it Tantram himself said the number: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jFwTE8Oj,comment-id=0039,timestamp=2018-04-04T21:48:13.340+0000) > > It's so blatantly obvious that you are trolling. I don't know if you were hoping you'd get banned so you could contest it, or honestly thought you'd slip under the radar. I don't even know what information you're looking for; you 100% know you were trolling. > > Playing off meta is not trolling or griefing. Trolling or griefing is .. trolling or griefing. > > You've been reported 511 times in a little over a MONTH; many of these are by your opponent, not your teammates. For comparison, I have been reported once lifetime on one of my accounts, and 8 lifetime on the other. > > You've made a game of trolling, and even admit to it many times. > > [7:41] SION ORNN MID (Gragas): do this every game, no consequences. > [11:25] [All] SION ORNN MID (Gragas): the automated system will decide. it cant detect this. > > You ban your teammates champ picks > You pick non-meta champs to tilt teammates > You build those non-meta champs as non-meta as possible (ad mages, etc) > You intentionally steal farm > You intentionally KS > You don't go to the lane assigned, and instead go to interfere with others > You leave your team when a teamfight breaks out
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >OK you can dance around all this all you want. i'm trying to see where the borders are of what i permitted because apparently the grey area is larger than the black and white ones. Having something "open to interpretation" is not ideal.
There are no borders imo. Riot stated those things you mentioned are acceptable. But the game was shaped different from what Riot finds acceptable. So stuff like banning teammates picks, taking cs from other lanes etc. will always be either legit play or trolling. It all comes down to Riot to either continue to analyze cases like this or simply make the rules stricter.
: You ban your teammates champ picks You pick non-meta champs to tilt teammates You build those non-meta champs as non-meta as possible (ad mages, etc) You intentionally steal farm You intentionally KS You don't go to the lane assigned, and instead go to interfere with others You leave your team when a teamfight breaks out I have legit bronze 5 friends. And not even they would do every single one of thise things every single game. This person was 100% trolling.
Yea he did, but guess how long was he able to do it? Only 1 month and 511 reports
: summoner name for leesin main plsssssss
Generic Lee main #7492 Blind Guy
: Mute/ignore toxic players. Is that so hard?
But then he cannot make himself a victim, and he wouldn't be able to complain about it {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: This game is fun AF. If you disagree, then don't play it. It's not like you paid for the game. Go play WoW or Dota 2 or CoD or something. People love crying about everything in this board :D
> [{quoted}](name=Madisonivy6969,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KWZTWzUL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-09T10:59:29.657+0000) > > This game is fun AF. If you disagree, then don't play it. It's not like you paid for the game. Go play WoW or Dota 2 or CoD or something. People love crying about everything in this board :D If you connected to this game on an emotional level, ofc people you would be angry if devs turned the game into something you 'didnt fall in love with'. To clarify, I'm sure many people made great memories in League, and the game turend into something that's not enjoyable to them. But they keep playing because of that connection.
: Quote from the video that I just want add to the discussion: "It doesnt take much skill and is extremly forgiving" Sry If I act a little stubborn, but I really dont want this build to become common.
Because some1 said it doesn't take much skill doesn't make it a fact. It's just subjective opinion. And dw it won't become a common build. At worst, Tilterella fanboys will copy him, feed their ass off, and never touch Brand again, let alone tank Brand.
: Rito can you do me a favor and nerf TANK Brand
So I had some free time and decided to look up Tilterella's match history to see his stats with Tank Brand, since all games with Brand on that acc were with Tank build He has 58% wr with 55 games played, with 6.5 / 6.0 / 9.4 KDA and 165 CS on avg (5.6 CS per min). Now if this was some average mid-plat player, then I would say this is kinda op. But we're talking about challenger player on smurf here. He can win games only with his chall-level of game knowledge. Except winrate, his stats are not that good. So I don't rly see what justifies nerfing offmeta build which is almost nonexistent. And no, I don't count hand-picked clips from 55 games xD
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6Q4GNFtP,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-10-08T11:31:12.050+0000) > > How many times have you played against it? Once right? And it will probably be the last time. No point in complaining about tank Brand which will be so rare even Mordekaiser will be a more common pick. But something that he doesn't play seemed strong! It must be nerfed
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6Q4GNFtP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-08T11:03:28.606+0000) > > Sooo because one Youtuber is going a random build for shits and giggs on his alt, it needs to be nerfed, even tho it's offmeta build which 99% didn't even heard for, let alone play with/against? > > 'Roit Gmaes nerf tank Karma plis' all over again xD I played against this build. the Brand could easly shread through 2 offtank and almost me too (played as Ahri) mid game.
How many times have you played against it? Once right? And it will probably be the last time. No point in complaining about tank Brand which will be so rare even Mordekaiser will be a more common pick.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6Q4GNFtP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-08T11:03:28.606+0000) > > Sooo because one Youtuber is going a random build for shits and giggs on his alt, it needs to be nerfed, even tho it's offmeta build which 99% didn't even heard for, let alone play with/against? > > 'Roit Gmaes nerf tank Karma plis' all over again xD The issue here isn't the "off-meta build", just look at Brand's damage without building AP instead
And all that damage comes from 3-spells-proc passive. Brand with spells alone doesn't do much without AP. You still need to land your skillshots, which, for a challenger player like Tilteralla, isn't a problem.
: Rito can you do me a favor and nerf TANK Brand
Sooo because one Youtuber is going a random build for shits and giggs on his alt, it needs to be nerfed, even tho it's offmeta build which 99% didn't even heard for, let alone play with/against? 'Roit Gmaes nerf tank Karma plis' all over again xD
Kawy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XImwatrj,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:52:47.616+0000) > > So basically if you didn't buy World's Pass you're not able to buy borders (and couple of other things)...wow xD Daily quest gives you 15 for first win of the day, so more than double that.
> [{quoted}](name=Kawy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XImwatrj,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-06T09:56:45.839+0000) > > Daily quest gives you 15 for first win of the day, so more than double that. But they are being kept in the Token Stash, and you cannot claim them if you didn't buy Worlds Pass.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Es4ZPEpE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:45:03.337+0000)Posts which are 'respectful, direct, and makes arguments that stand on their own merits, without resorting to personal attacks' were made in the past, and ignored by Riot. Simply because a post is not responded to does not mean it is ignored. There isn't anyone on the design team, for example, who has the job of responding to board posts. > If they won't show any bit of respect to us, who took their time to give them constructive criticizm, why would we respect them? Why should we waste our time giving them constructive criticizm? Because if you do not, you give them a reason to avoid engaging in the future. If we want to affect change, we need to create an environment conducive to the change we wish to see.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Es4ZPEpE,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:48:58.206+0000) > > Because if you do not, you give them a reason to avoid engaging in the future. If we want to affect change, we need to create an environment conducive to the change we wish to see. And it won't do anything, Riot will still ignore us dude....I'm amazed how you still believe they are looking at us as humans and not cashcows. When they actually show us through their actions they care, then I'll change my opinion, but until then, they deserve no respect from me. Good post overall though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Es4ZPEpE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:17:33.938+0000)From my perspective, as a player, they dissapointed me. And that's totally understandable. That's an opinion that's fine to have, and one I encourage you to share. I just want you to share it in a way that is more likely to be read and understood and remembered as something other than furious venting. >Where are all those Rioters who are 'incredibly passionate about League and incredibly concerned with whether or not players are enjoying the game.' when we need them? Still there, still working. Not every change that gets made is approved by every Riot employee, but, also, not every change the community wants is necessarily good for the game. It's also important to remember -- even when we're unhappy -- that the most outspoken members will always be those frustrated with the current situation, even if others love it. It doesn't invalidate the perspective of those frustrated, of course, but there is always more to the story. > I hate to break it to you but ofc they will act like they care. It's how they drag people in. If they were so nice and dandy as you describe them, then we wouldn't have all those articles about Riot and sexism inside the company now would we? I did not say they were without fault, or that there were not issues. >They're working for a FUCKING COMPANY ffs. And they are still humans. Regardless of whether or not it's demoralizing, however, the fact of the matter is that any given thread on the boards is more likely to be read, appreciated, and taken to heart if it is respectful, direct, and makes arguments that stand on their own merits, without resorting to personal attacks.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Es4ZPEpE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:33:57.207+0000) > > Regardless of whether or not it's demoralizing, however, the fact of the matter is that any given thread on the boards is more likely to be read, appreciated, and taken to heart if it is respectful, direct, and makes arguments that stand on their own merits, without resorting to personal attacks. Posts which are 'respectful, direct, and makes arguments that stand on their own merits, without resorting to personal attacks' were made in the past, and ignored by Riot. If they won't show any bit of respect to us, who took their time to give them constructive criticizm, why would we respect them? Why should we waste our time giving them constructive criticizm?
: How to be Mad at Riot.
if Riot really is 'incredibly passionate about League and incredibly concerned with whether or not players are enjoying the game.' then they aren't really showing it. From my perspective, as a player, they dissapointed me. I'm not happy with the game, I'm not enjoying it, just as many people here who said it. Where are all those Rioters who are 'incredibly passionate about League and incredibly concerned with whether or not players are enjoying the game.' when we need them? Players were more than clear about the overall seson. For the whole year we BEGGED Riot to fix issues from the gameplay perspective, to make the game more enjoyable. Did they to do it? Well, take a look around the Boards and you will find your answer. If Riot refused to listen to it's own playerbase and constantly do changes which almost nobody wants, then how do you expect us to N0T rage at them, when they are CLEARLY ignoring every major constructive criticizm we threw at them? I hate to break it to you but ofc they will act like they care. It's how they drag people in. If they were so nice and dandy as you describe them, then we wouldn't have all those articles about Riot and sexism inside the company now would we? And about Rioters being 'demoralized' because of community's reactions......Are you fucking kidding me? Literally the most stupides bunch of horseshit I've ever heard. Simple as that. Don't even want to comment on it cuz it's funny and sad at the same time. EDIT: to explain last paragraph further- If you're feeling 'demoralized' because community is criticizing you product in an aggressive way (even tho they tried the civil was and got ignored) then you're not cut for that job. Man up, and face the consequences of your bad decisions, fix them and make sure you don't repeat them. Saying you're demoralized is just laughable excuse. They're working for a FUCKING COMPANY ffs.
nubulas2 (NA)
: I am already down to maybe 1 or 2 games a day. (Used to play over 8 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week for over a year.) Don't think I am nearly as angry as everyone thinks I am. Just sick of this antagonize, passive aggressive , report, ban cycle. I don't need to be angry to tell an asshole he is an asshole. If an asshole can troll me for a whole game, I should be able to call him an asshole without penalty. Are text words really such an issue? Apparently so. At this point riot is just another troll. So that's how I treat them. I got 4 accounts above 30 just for this.
As much as trolls are assholes and they deserve to be treated as one, don't call them out on it, it will damage you more than them. That being said, I'm the first one who will say that Riot doesn't do enough to combat this issue and I agree it's unfair towards players to get banned because some asshole made them snap. That happened to me aswell. But it's deserved imo, regardless of circumstances. I have 2 advices I can give you: If you have other acc's, use them to fuck around in NORMALS with dumb picks if you get tilted. Anything you think about playing, play it. Second advice....idk if it still works but if you type /note and a random message, it will be displayed as a message, except you will be the only one who will be able to see it. So if you feel like lashing out, just type whatever toxic shit you wanna write. For example: /note FUCK YOU U DUMB PIECE OF SHIT, DELETE LEAGUE ARMLESS DEGENERATE But again, I'm not sure about this, since I didn't use this for almost 2 years.
: And I repeat with the short version. Can I not be in the middle ground? I'm skeptical of player honesty and also know the system can be improved on. Do I really need to be either attack or defend?
Well you don't show that you're in the middle, but more like you're defending Riot.
Phoenixdust (EUNE)
: Diamond ranked, bottom assigned player picks Janna, goes toplane (with ONLY boots), tries to steal toplaner's farm, randomly flashed and ults multiple times (only minions are nearby), dies 10 times in a 18 min game. Wonder if it was intentional or not (after stating in pre-game chat that "dodge or lose"). But yeah, you must be right defending Rito at all cost. If i just knew what they pay you O.o
> [{quoted}](name=Phoenixdust,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qsgKTieZ,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T12:38:48.504+0000) > > Diamond ranked, bottom assigned player picks Janna, goes toplane (with ONLY boots), tries to steal toplaner's farm, randomly flashed and ults multiple times (only minions are nearby), dies 10 times in a 18 min game. > > Wonder if it was intentional or not (after stating in pre-game chat that "dodge or lose"). > > But yeah, you must be right defending Rito at all cost. If i just knew what they pay you O.o They don't pay him anything, that's the saddest part.
: You are just adding fuel to the fire by simply saying something pointless as assuming they're "mad". Not everyone is "mad" or "salty" because they say something out of context at times. Sure it may seems so or even frustration but what's the point in even saying anything back to them. You could simply just report and move on, yet you chose to (From the looks of it) argue back with that person, which doesn't make you any better than them. But you also can't expect to get honors each game or whatsoever even if you carried like hell.. ofc we all know it's based solely on how the other players feel who did more whatsoever. It just annoys me to see someone immediately respond with "Mad, salty, ez" when someone says anything. Shows the immaturity in that person.
> [{quoted}](name=CantReformLOL,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ts4tAKlE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-03T20:45:50.661+0000) > > You are just adding fuel to the fire by simply saying something pointless as assuming they're "mad". Not everyone is "mad" or "salty" because they say something out of context at times. Sure it may seems so or even frustration but what's the point in even saying anything back to them. You could simply just report and move on, yet you chose to (From the looks of it) argue back with that person, which doesn't make you any better than them. But you also can't expect to get honors each game or whatsoever even if you carried like hell.. ofc we all know it's based solely on how the other players feel who did more whatsoever. > > It just annoys me to see someone immediately respond with "Mad, salty, ez" when someone says anything. Shows the immaturity in that person. And the fact that he makes it sound like the guy said some terrible things, while it was probably just some mediocre saltiness is even worse.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qlOa6ELo,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-01T07:48:54.659+0000) > > So i should basically just afk splitpush and cs, which is considered griefing (giving up from the game) in the League community? Thanks for the advice but I'm afraid that could get me banned tho :/ If you're dealing with actual trolls who refuse to properly play the game then it might be the only thing you can do. In that situation I fail to see how it would be punish worthy behavior assuming you're not also stooping down to their level.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qlOa6ELo,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-01T19:51:19.691+0000) > > If you're dealing with actual trolls who refuse to properly play the game then it might be the only thing you can do. In that situation I fail to see how it would be punish worthy behavior assuming you're not also stooping down to their level. Well by just afk csing youre not contributing to your team, which is basically griefing, right?
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bijeesny,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qlOa6ELo,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-09-30T13:49:10.684+0000) > > And what if we have issues with gameplay toxicity? What to do then? My advice would be to just try to make the best of a bad situation (whether by practicing csing or trying to split-push or whatever) and don't stoop to their level, cause nothing you say to them is gonna get them to stop trolling. I know trolls are frustrating (I've encountered some myself), and this may not be the answer you want to hear, but still.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qlOa6ELo,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-09-30T17:15:17.541+0000) > > My advice would be to just try to make the best of a bad situation (whether by practicing csing or trying to split-push or whatever) and don't stoop to their level, cause nothing you say to them is gonna get them to stop trolling. I know trolls are frustrating (I've encountered some myself), and this may not be the answer you want to hear, but still. So i should basically just afk splitpush and cs, which is considered griefing (giving up from the game) in the League community? Thanks for the advice but I'm afraid that could get me banned tho :/
: I don't know, but if it's celebrating a success I want to be as positive and supportive of people as possible. Even if he says nothing, it's neutral and neutrality isn't toxicity, therefore he's not being negative. Being negative is the opposite of being positive so in the case of the punishment system you can use positive as an umbrella for anything non-negative since they're functionally the same as far as that system. What does doubting other peoples victories on a league forum get you?
> [{quoted}](name=mtothe6thpower,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7nFvxvYX,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-10-01T03:40:22.400+0000) > > I don't know, but if it's celebrating a success I want to be as positive and supportive of people as possible. Even if he says nothing, it's neutral and neutrality isn't toxicity, therefore he's not being negative. Being negative is the opposite of being positive so in the case of the punishment system you can use positive as an umbrella for anything non-negative since they're functionally the same as far as that system. What does doubting other peoples victories on a league forum get you? Well it's too far fetched to believe he did straight 180 and went from a toxic player to a little ball of sunshine.
: Congrats dude!! It's always good to see people that realize their mistakes and do better in the future. Good luck and keep being positive! {{sticker:poppy-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=mtothe6thpower,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7nFvxvYX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-29T23:19:30.173+0000) > > Congrats dude!! It's always good to see people that realize their mistakes and do better in the future. Good luck and keep being positive! > > {{sticker:poppy-wink}} How do you he's positive? Maybe he just doesn't talk in the game at all.
Prandine (NA)
: Here are some tips I have to share for you. * You don't have to /muteall at the start of a match. Instead you can just mute the trouble-makers when they pop up and continue to chat with others, including the enemy team. * If you must rage then do so at the screen instead of in chat. You could also just punch a pillow or a bed or squeeze a stress ball or something. Doing these allows you to vent your frustrations without compromising your teams chances of success. * In terms of thin ice any sort of punishable behavior will result in a permaban. That said, if you show consistently good behavior in your games then it is possible to improve your accounts standing to the point where the next punishment won't be a permaban, but a lesser punishment. * Remember that reports only flag a game for review, which is then thrown out if no punish worthy behavior is found. Because of this there is no reason to ask or call for reports.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qlOa6ELo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-29T17:35:09.733+0000) > > Here are some tips I have to share for you. > > * You don't have to /muteall at the start of a match. Instead you can just mute the trouble-makers when they pop up and continue to chat with others, including the enemy team. > * If you must rage then do so at the screen instead of in chat. You could also just punch a pillow or a bed or squeeze a stress ball or something. Doing these allows you to vent your frustrations without compromising your teams chances of success. > * In terms of thin ice any sort of punishable behavior will result in a permaban. That said, if you show consistently good behavior in your games then it is possible to improve your accounts standing to the point where the next punishment won't be a permaban, but a lesser punishment. > * Remember that reports only flag a game for review, which is then thrown out if no punish worthy behavior is found. Because of this there is no reason to ask or call for reports. And what if we have issues with gameplay toxicity? What to do then?
: what do you expect your team to do? they probably didnt care about your situation. solve your own problem by muting/ignoring.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEL8AbRX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T03:15:41.324+0000) > > what do you expect your team to do? they probably didnt care about your situation. solve your own problem by muting/ignoring. Idk why you got downvoted, it's true lol.
: lmao what are you talking about. Even tanks in this game do significant damage. Just look at sion. Build full tank item can still chug you out. Absolutely aids class
Just because one tank champ is able to do that it doesn't mean every tank champ can do it.
Toxenius (NA)
: This Community Isn't Toxic, It's Overly Sensitive
I think it's a lil bit of both. Community is pretty toxic, but from time to time you can see people simply overreacting to some things, like complaining about 'ggez' and asking to make it a punishable word or being drama-queen because some1 made a death threat to them.
: Hi. I made that quote in response to one of the common responses that you see on gaming communities, which is that if you just let highly skilled players balance a game, you’ll get better results. I was trying to point out that playing a game and designing a game are different skills, just like building a car and driving a car are different skills. Does understanding one make you better at the other? Absolutely. I was an oceanographer once, but that was over 20 years ago. Back then, there were no professional game designers who came from game design college or something similar. Even today it’s not super common. Most of the designers of the games you play probably got their start doing something else. I was never on the balance team for League. I bring that up because I think sometimes players conflate design and balance as the same thing. In reality, balance is only one aspect of game design, and many designers go their entire careers without doing that aspect pf development. When I was lead designer on LoL, I was accountable for balance (meaning it was still my fault when something went wrong) but I didn’t sit with the team deciding when to nerf Irelia etc. However I do agree a lot with the sentiment above that interpreting data is a big part of both science and game balance. I wish schools and colleges focused a lot more on teaching data analysis because it’s such a useful life skill. By comparison, I have found little application of say calculus in my life, and I was a legit scientist. Finally, I’m not actively working on League much at all these days. I took on a different role at Riot focused on telling stories in the League universe in and out of games. I thought maybe providing more of that conetext might help with your mental framework for how Riot or any game studio makes decisions.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E7KMbPBu,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-28T14:49:59.502+0000) > > Finally, I’m not actively working on League much at all these days. I took on a different role at Riot focused on telling stories in the League universe in and out of games. Yo GC I have a question regarding League's lore. Soooo I heard a lot of people praising it, but I always thought the lore consisted of individual stories about champions, and some of them being in some kind of relationship (either rivalry or love). But recently I saw that you have stories about the history of the entire territories, if I'm correct. So because the lore expanded so much I would like to try to get into it, but i don't know from where to begin. Is the lore ordered by some timeline or something like that? If not, can you recommend me what to start with? Any idea which part of lore should i read first?
: Contesting a punishment because "other people should receive the same treatment" isn't valid, mostly because the fact that they remain unpunished doesn't meant your actions were moral, or desirable. Nor does it mean theirs were, mind you. That said, it indeed is stupid that Riot Game(s)' marvellous automated punishment system doesn't catch anything that isn't related to aggressive chat. You can spend hundreds of games intentionally giving hell to your teammates, as long as it isn't verbal you won't be disturbed. That much seems to be mostly right, in so far that one player had to report themselves on the forums for a Riot employee to actually care (it was Tantram) and expose that this person had been reported 513 (five hundred and thirteen) times over the last few months for banning champions selected by their teammates, stealing farm, jungle camps, kills, intentionally feeding and the like. Like, hey, it's called playing off-meta, what with the smite support and all that. All-in-all, you seem to deserve the 14-day ban as far as I'm concerned (I would actually do the same if I were in charge), and this person does seem to deserve a lot more than what they got since they seemingly weren't punished. *** I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, whether you leave the League or not.
> [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iq4R85eO,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T14:39:56.733+0000) > > That said, it indeed is stupid that Riot Game(s)' marvellous automated punishment system doesn't catch anything that isn't related to aggressive chat. You can spend hundreds of games intentionally giving hell to your teammates, as long as it isn't verbal you won't be disturbed. That much seems to be mostly right, in so far that one player had to report themselves on the forums for a Riot employee to actually care (it was Tantram) and expose that this person had been reported 513 (five hundred and thirteen) times over the last few months for banning champions selected by their teammates, stealing farm, jungle camps, kills, intentionally feeding and the like. Like, hey, it's called playing off-meta, what with the smite support and all that. > Actually it was 511 reports in one month, if we think about the same player.
: lol ok bud, if you honestly think they are completely satisfied with the IFS as it stands now, I can't help you
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7QtMEFn1,comment-id=0003000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:50:41.128+0000) > > lol ok bud, if you honestly think they are completely satisfied with the IFS as it stands now, I can't help you Well the fact they didn't make any changes to it, I can only assume they're satisfied.
SonicAF (EUW)
: Improving the punishment system suggestion
Imo it wouldn't hurt to try with the Tribunal. Even if it fails there would be some good sides to it: - Riot would show the playerbase that they care about quality of our games - Players would feel more involved because they are basically helping Riot to improve the game - It could potentially be new type of content for League youtubers which could be promoted through the new League creators program, which could draw in players to help with Tribunal and to shot newcomers that Riot is actively working towards imroving the game, but not only in gameplay, but in behaviour aswell
: ? not sure what you're trying to say here...but anyway, if you're asking me what specific changes they've made recently I have no idea, but that's also not what i said My point was I would be willing to bet we see more changes coming (hopefully with the new season)
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7QtMEFn1,comment-id=00030001000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:33:44.045+0000) > > ? > > not sure what you're trying to say here...but anyway, if you're asking me what specific changes they've made recently I have no idea, but that's also not what i said > You mentioned how people think that Riot isn't trying to improve the IFS. But that's true unfortunately. And the fact you can't tell if they made some changes just proves that. And I'm pretty sure most people would say the same thing. > My point was I would be willing to bet we see more changes coming (hopefully with the new season) If there were some changes in the making Riot would probably tell us.
: less effective than the current system, clearly people seem to think that RIOT is resting on their laurels looking at the IFS saying "this is perfect!" and not also trying to improve it
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7QtMEFn1,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-09-28T11:07:37.274+0000) > > less effective than the current system, clearly > > people seem to think that RIOT is resting on their laurels looking at the IFS saying "this is perfect!" and not also trying to improve it And what exactly they improved on IFS which should make catching gameplay offenses more effective?
: they do say that we also see people on here just about every day complaining about being banned for int'ing like this one https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/RAfb0McT-got-banned-for-intentional-feeding-for-a-game-with-02-death so yes It's difficult to catch them, but they get caught when reported enough. So yeah, effective enough and 0 reason to bring the players further into the punishment process
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7QtMEFn1,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:25:59.113+0000) > > they do say that > > we also see people on here just about every day complaining about being banned for int'ing like this one https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/RAfb0McT-got-banned-for-intentional-feeding-for-a-game-with-02-death > > so yes It's difficult to catch them, but they get caught when reported enough. So yeah, effective enough and 0 reason to bring the players further into the punishment process Players like in an example you provided will be either quickly punished, or it will take a shittion of time to get caught. Remember the guy who gathered over 500 reports in one month because of trolling and he was punished only after that? Basically effectivnes of catching them is a coinflip, which isn't good imo.
: Should they revamp tribunal
> [{quoted}](name=ToughTittyWompus,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rew5fwE5,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-25T17:27:52.092+0000) > > As for rewards, we’ll rewarding people for doing the right thing can work and I can also make people convict non guilty players. So a system where if a player is caught convicting too many people or is just straight up not taking the time to review each case either revoke their tribunal rights till they learn or give them a small queue cooldown. It’s only fair. But in rewarding players to do the right thing you find the good things in the community. I propose a possible once monthly thing if the community manages to use the tribunal properly where we can vote for cool game modes or our own personal shop or what not just cool things that involve us. Rewarding people for reviewing cases could be a bad idea. Even with safety measure like 'convicting too many players' or 'not taking the time to review each case' it's easliy abusable. For example, i could simply go around your measuers, like leaving the game to run in background while doing something else and then just press 'guilty' at the end, in the second one do the same thing, except I press 'not guilty', rinse and repeat. And just do that until I get reward for doing nothing. If you really want to reward players it should be something that's not worth the system abuse, but enough to be a token of appreciation, like getting 1-win XP boost per week. I have couple of ideas myself but don't have time atm to explain them, just say if you want and I might do it later today :))
Jaspers (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Gliave,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XImwatrj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:08:48.342+0000) > > I'll be pissed if there are only 35 missions that don't repeat bc as a free to play player, I want some of the items too and having to grind 400 Tokens which will take forever. I only want my Championship Khazix Border so I can hopefully get the skin from a chest Did a quick check based on this link, unless I added wrong. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/learn-more-worlds-season-2018-event#worlds-pass The missions give you 360. Enough for 1 Orb but one of the missions gives you an Orb.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XImwatrj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-28T10:50:35.167+0000) > > Did a quick check based on this link, unless I added wrong. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/learn-more-worlds-season-2018-event#worlds-pass > > The missions give you 360. Enough for 1 Orb but one of the missions gives you an Orb. So basically if you didn't buy World's Pass you're not able to buy borders (and couple of other things)...wow xD
: Credit where it's due: Worlds Pass is pretty great.
inb4 OP buys that, and opens 4 cheapest skins you can get in League from orbs and then next post: 'Worlds Pass is pretty much shit'
MadNoff (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=MadNoff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QvRuUPHL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-27T18:28:32.096+0000) > > If you ostracize all your "Bad" players where will your fresh blood come from? People need time to learn the game. They need time to fk up, pick themselves up and try again. What are you saying, that you were never bad? > I think you missunderstood him. What Dragfin is trying to say is that nowadays players are allowed to fk up ALL THE TIME without consequences. And they know that very well and they will use it to their advantage. Ofc they will drop in elo (if we speaking in terms of ranked) but think about other players who are being dragged down by those who REFUSE to improve. And because of 'safety nets' in low elo some players can go as low as being under 40% wr and still stay in X 5 elo, while fucking around in ranked.
Chermorg (NA)
: Well.. if you don’t know what a word means, and you just go around using it based on how you *think* it’s used based on hearing it used in one or two situations..... that’s your own damn problem. Simple google search would generally tell you if a word is derogatory or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oAhP3aZJ,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-26T15:32:01.564+0000) > > Well.. if you don’t know what a word means, and you just go around using it based on how you *think* it’s used based on hearing it used in one or two situations..... that’s your own damn problem. > Well I know C-word is short version for racoon, and never in 20 years of my life i heard some1 saying it as an insult, only to name an animal. So it would be my fault for not assuming that the SHORT NAME FOR RACOON (or any other word used in an everyday life) could MAYBE mean something else? > Simple google search would generally tell you if a word is derogatory or not. Soo i should assume every english word is derogatory and every time I speak with some1 in english I should check every word in case I say something offensive? Cuz remember, english isnt my 1st language, so I don't have any prior knowledge of the past begind english vocabulary. I mean it makes sense to check ofc, but from where to start if you don't have any clues about old meanings behind words?
Voldymort (EUNE)
: You can't learn if you don't make mistakes, dude. {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oAhP3aZJ,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T15:28:45.489+0000) > > You can't learn if you don't make mistakes, dude. > > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} You still haven't answer my question- How could you inform yourself on which words are okay to say? How could you find if some words, which are in regular usage nowadays, were insults at some point in the past? Since you have the audacity to tell some1 is guilty and ignorant for being missinformed, then I would assume you informed yourself a lil bit. So tell me, and the rest of the community, how you informed yourself. I would be really happy if you helped me so I don't run into similar issue, since I'm not from NA.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: Because ignorance is never a valid excuse. Being missinformed is my problem, not the world's.
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oAhP3aZJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T15:12:56.519+0000) > > Because ignorance is never a valid excuse. Being missinformed is my problem, not the world's. And how should some1 know which words are okay to say which one arent? How would you 'inform yourself' for example?
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Would you think you were in the wrong? yes
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oAhP3aZJ,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T15:06:53.051+0000) > > yes And why would you think you were in the wrong? Like, if you got banned for something like that I would be the 1st who would tell you 'you did nothing wrong'. Sry but that's fucked up way of thinking...it's just wrong to find yourself guilty bout something you couldn't know beforehand...
Voldymort (EUNE)
: if you type something without knowing what it means, then you deserve what comes out of it
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oAhP3aZJ,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-26T14:49:27.662+0000) > > if you type something without knowing what it means, then you deserve what comes out of it So you think the guy deserved to get banned just because he thought the word raCOON only means that's short for racoon, and had no other way of knowing it could have an offensive meaning, while seeing it in a cartoon which has a videogame based on SP superheros? That's fucked up mate xD Imagine if you get banned for saying something that's normal to you but had another, offensive, meaning and you had no way of knowing it. It would be messed up right? Would you think you were in the wrong?
Show more

Bijeesny

Level 42 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion