: Why will RIOT not give us custom URF games?
Well you see....ummm, because..... No fcking clue honestly. It makes no sense.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: > So no, blizzard games dont rely that much on sources outside their microtransactions. Is that why most of their none-mobile games cost money? full premium 60$, and even in those games they shove micro transactions, not to mention older games with subscription based payment (WoW), having their own storefront etc... etc... > Or that hearthstone is f2p and gold cards dont affect gameplay? Maybe not gold cards, but they do sell card packs dont they? card packs that take a slow time to unlock without money, that you require to build a competetive deck, not to mention DLC packs ontop. Cosmetics are not their main source of revenue. > Why are you ignoring smite? Bcs it proves my point? You have no point, your point is "Hey, i want free stuff", it would be nice to have, yes - but a company's main goal is to earn money, they have no reason to cut into their own main revenue stream such a siginificant way more than hextech already has. Hextech is already free without requiring you to buy keys with actual money, no need to get everything for free.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T12:47:29.213+0000) > > Is that why most of their none-mobile games cost money? full premium 60$, and even in those games they shove micro transactions, not to mention older games with subscription based payment (WoW), having their own storefront etc... etc... > Thats just greed, doesnt invalidate my point. > Maybe not gold cards, but they do sell card packs dont they? > So? im talking about craftable cosmetics. > You have no point, your point is "Hey, i want free stuff", it would be nice to have, yes - but a company's main goal is to earn money, they have no reason to cut into their own main revenue stream such a siginificant way more than hextech already has. Wrong. I paid before and will pay again if i like the game, dont shove words down my throat. Also i love how you moved past the smite, hots etc. examples since they prove you wrong. A company reducing their profits =/= a company going bankrupt. So your answer boils down to being a corporate shill? Why am i not surprised. Dont bother replying, im done here, nothing i say will get you to move past your biases.
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Even if not free skins... They should allow us to to SOMETHING with orange essences. They are useless. I would literally convert them into blue that is supposed to be the lowest currency in game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-30T12:01:26.787+0000) > > Even if not free skins... They should allow us to to SOMETHING with orange essences. They are useless. > > I would literally convert them into blue that is supposed to be the lowest currency in game. That works too. But blue essence becomes obsolete eventually if you play regularly and keep earning champion capsules.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Did you miss the part where Overwatch is a 60$ game and is ran by blizzard? Or that hearthstone cards actually effect gameplay? Or that all these games minus smite are ran by Blizzard, a multi franchise, multi platfrom juggernaut of a company with other revenue streams other than "overwatch lootboxes"?
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T11:59:11.478+0000) > > Did you miss the part where Overwatch is a 60$ game and is ran by blizzard? > Or that hearthstone cards actually effect gameplay? > Or that all these games minus smite are ran by Blizzard, a multi franchise, multi platfrom juggernaut of a company with other revenue streams other than "overwatch lootboxes"? Did you miss the part where riot runs one of the most popular and profitable games in the history of gaming? Or that hearthstone is f2p and gold cards dont affect gameplay? Or that smite and hots are f2p and still make a profit despite the system. Why are you ignoring smite? Bcs it proves my point? Blizz stop pumping resources into a project if it doesnt make returns, thats why the hots pro scene was shut down. So no, blizzard games dont rely that much on sources outside their microtransactions.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Because skins are their major money revenue, and giving them away in a reliable way will hurt their main revenue source.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-30T11:36:53.104+0000) > > Because skins are their major money revenue, and giving them away in a reliable way will hurt their main revenue source. Did you miss the part where i mentioned other games that pull it off that also have skins as their main revenue. No one buys overwatch lootboxes for the voicelines or the profile icons, they want that cool reaper skin.
Xphineas (NA)
: They can remove the crafting feature, lets see you complain then. "Oh its so rng". If they never added a crafting feature im sure you would be complaining that riot is so bad simply because there is none. Dont take for granted what you have, op
> [{quoted}](name=Xphineas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-30T11:28:13.309+0000) > > They can remove the crafting feature, lets see you complain then. "Oh its so rng". If they never added a crafting feature im sure you would be complaining that riot is so bad simply because there is none. Dont take for granted what you have, op I wouldnt complain. I spent money on the game before and will do again if i enjoy it. Im not taking anything for granted and id like it if you didnt make presumptions about me from thin air.
: > [{quoted}](name=BlackOnyxAltear,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T11:03:39.624+0000) > > Please elaborate. Okay you asked for it. Riot doesn't want you to have fun. Riot wants you to do what they tell you, that you can do. It seems to be a common trend with developers of a lot of games lately. Tutorials are the worst. You're going to watch their crap and follow their dumb character around, because if you don't you die in the game. Ok I went off subject kind of, but you get what I mean I think. URF to me was great fun, but now since I had so much fun, they said, NO! You cannot be trusted to keep the mode fun, so now we just randomize your pick so you can be the OP champ you want or love or kiss or whatever. To me, thats Riot saying we hate you having fun. Just like not being able to craft what you want. Where is the pay off? Where is the fun? Riot can always do better for us man.... Especially after having paid thousands of dollars because I used to LOVE this game so much. All it would take for me to throw my money at Riot is to bring back Regular ASS URF, no dumb cannon, give us fucking teleport ok. Not hard. Sorry, you asked... lol XD
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T11:14:42.827+0000) > > Okay you asked for it. > > Riot doesn't want you to have fun. > > Riot wants you to do what they tell you, that you can do. > It seems to be a common trend with developers of a lot of games lately. > > Tutorials are the worst. You're going to watch their crap and follow their dumb character around, because if you don't you die in the game. > Ok I went off subject kind of, but you get what I mean I think. > > URF to me was great fun, but now since I had so much fun, they said, NO! You cannot be trusted to keep the mode fun, so now we just randomize your pick so you can be the OP champ you want or love or kiss or whatever. > > To me, thats Riot saying we hate you having fun. > Just like not being able to craft what you want. > > Where is the pay off? Where is the fun? > > Riot can always do better for us man.... Especially after having paid thousands of dollars because I used to LOVE this game so much. > > All it would take for me to throw my money at Riot is to bring back Regular ASS URF, no dumb cannon, give us fucking teleport ok. Not hard. > > Sorry, you asked... lol > > XD ....i cant really argue with that. Especially the "thousands of dollars" part, i wasted way too much money on this game.
: Same reason AR URF doesn't let you pick your champ.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pnhKgQe6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-30T10:58:39.644+0000) > > Same reason AR URF doesn't let you pick your champ. Please elaborate.
: A problem with Variety in League (Long-ish post)
Maybe reintroduce multiple types of scaling to champs. If zed had some ap scaling he could make use of mage items. No clue if this would be balanced, but it would sure help.
Rioter Comments
: I Am Carlos asked us what memes to kill for skins
nonstart (NA)
: Why does everyone hate adc on these boards
Honestly, the only thing i hate about them is that their dmg is point and click. I like smites version of marksmen more, they have to aim every aa and they can be juked.
: The boards: "Riot doesn't let us innovate or do creative stuff"
Pika Fox (NA)
: No, its the truth. You have no capability of changing it, so you can think whatever, but its still irrelevant. Ontop of that, youre just plain wrong on how it should function. An abstention should be a no, as the default is the game continues. Youre asking your team for a forced loss, thats not something thats taken lightly.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T16:45:24.135+0000) > > No, its the truth. You have no capability of changing it, so you can think whatever, but its still irrelevant. Ontop of that, youre just plain wrong on how it should function. An abstention should be a no, as the default is the game continues. Youre asking your team for a forced loss, thats not something thats taken lightly. an abstention should not be anything, its an abstention, you can go and chow down on your "default state of the game" crap. you are forcing people who no longer want to play to continue playing, keeping em hostage, you are worse than me.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Not how it works, and youre not riot, so whatever you think is irrelevant.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T16:17:28.819+0000) > > Not how it works, and youre not riot, so whatever you think is irrelevant. So? idgaf, it can be improved. also "and youre not riot, so whatever you think is irrelevant." is an argument from authority fallacy.
Pika Fox (NA)
: This isnt politics, this is a videogame. The default is no surrender, as its a forced opt in to confirm the choice. This way, if anything goes wrong, you arent forcing a player to lose a game due to some random bug not letting them see or choose the option they want. The default is the game continues. Its on you to gather the votes to surrender. A non vote is not a vote to surrender. A non vote also forces the surrender timer back so you cant spam it. Which, honestly, we should just remove surrenders altogether, or give you only 1 chance to surrender to stop the /ff spam BS.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T15:47:45.206+0000) > > This isnt politics, this is a videogame. The default is no surrender, as its a forced opt in to confirm the choice. This way, if anything goes wrong, you arent forcing a player to lose a game due to some random bug not letting them see or choose the option they want. > > The default is the game continues. Its on you to gather the votes to surrender. A non vote is not a vote to surrender. I deny your default and assert my own. Idgaf what you presupose as the games default. if you arent here to vote, you dont count. even if you were, a 3/2 is still majority.
: it dont work like that. even in american politics if you dont register or choose to vote you are automatically put into an independent group so even if you choose not to vote you are still voting.
> [{quoted}](name=Goblin Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T11:06:31.290+0000) > > it dont work like that. even in american politics if you dont register or choose to vote you are automatically put into an independent group so even if you choose not to vote you are still voting. It was an oversimplified example of how democracy works for the sake of argument. Im not sure even americans fully understand how that damn system works. Also, your vote doesnt get automatically atributed to 1 party or the other so my example still stands.
: the only time a 3/1 works is when four people are playing and one dc'd. if 5 are playing then a 3/1 dont fly.
> [{quoted}](name=Goblin Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-03T02:29:37.297+0000) > > the only time a 3/1 works is when four people are playing and one dc'd. if 5 are playing then a 3/1 dont fly. its 1 button press, if mr high and mighty cant be bothered to click within the timeframe then he doesnt count.
Pika Fox (NA)
: No. 3/5 is not enough to pass. The vote was 3/1/1, and the 0/0/1 defaults to no. Thus, the tally is 3/2, a failed vote.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-11-03T01:55:16.867+0000) > > No. 3/5 is not enough to pass. The vote was 3/1/1, and the 0/0/1 defaults to no. Thus, the tally is 3/2, a failed vote. If i refuse to vote for either trump or hillary does that mean my vote gets automatically added to 1 of them? thats what i thought. Also, 3/2 is still a majority.
: No. Surrenders should be an active decision from the entire team. It should never have the number reduced because someone is too busy salvaging the game to waste precious time clicking a button. Honestly the only reason it shouldn't always require 5/5 to pass is because people should have a faster way out if there's a troll.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-03T00:48:56.485+0000) > > No. Surrenders should be an active decision from the entire team. It should never have the number reduced because someone is too busy salvaging the game to waste precious time clicking a button. > > Honestly the only reason it shouldn't always require 5/5 to pass is because people should have a faster way out if there's a troll. The "entire" team isnt here rn, if a vote is held you wont politely wait for the rest to take their sweet time. Its a button click, less than 0.01 apm.
: Surrender requires a super majority to go through. 3 votes out of 5 is not a super majority. The default state of the game is to continue playing. You have to actively declare that you want to cancel that state, which means that abstentions do not count as votes of yes.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Fo9khPEU,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-02T22:53:17.083+0000) > > The default state of the game is to continue playing. You have to actively declare that you want to cancel that state, which means that abstentions do not count as votes of yes. You dont get to presupose the default state. Refusing to vote means you dont count at all, thus making it 4 votes in total.
toravi (NA)
: A way to nerf int Sion
Or yknow, buff towers so this isnt even an option? Maybe int sion wouldnt be a thing if towers werent made out of wet toilet paper?
: I've seen so many games where people insisted we had no chance. I voted no, and we ended up winning. You never win if you foreit. You are the troll. you are the problem in this story.
> [{quoted}](name=SoulNibbler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-05T15:41:11.578+0000) > > I've seen so many games where people insisted we had no chance. I voted no, and we ended up winning. You never win if you foreit. You are the troll. you are the problem in this story. Survivorship bias much? Now tell me how many games you failed to turn around. I ll wait.
: what do YOU think an ADC is supposed to do.
They should take down objectives from longer range with consistent dps. No burst. No assasinating squishies. Taking down objectives. remember when objectives actually mattered? when towers werent made out of paper? Leave the assasinating to assasins, burst to mages etc.
Salron (NA)
: You made Singed automatically laugh when casting E and the same for Veigar when casting R
: An Argument for Making All Champions and Skins available in Practice Tool
LoL really needs to take a page out of blizzards book. In hots you can try out not only the skins and chromas but also the champions in a custom game.
: REMOVE. WINDWALL.
Having a defensive ability is fine, having a strong one is ok as well, but having one that is so strong it can negate entire ultimates even when used badly by the player is not ok. The wall needs either a short duration like 0.5s so it takes skill to use and actually block a projectile in the nick of time instead of setting it up and kiting the enemy around/through it. You could make it so the wall has HP that goes down when blocking AAs and skillshots. Or you can make it so the wall weakens/slows down projectiles that pass through it. You could even make the damn thing redirect skillshots in a different direction. Anything other than outright deleting the skillshot from existance over a 3.75 second lifespan.
: D or F: What's your flash key, and why?
F is farther away from my thumb than D when i play. So i keep things i use often each game on D (smite, teleport, ignite) and i keep flash on F bcs i only use it when i really have to. Hope that makes sense :p
GreenLore (EUW)
: Overall I think you can expect a retcon for every champ who hasn't had a big lore update or wasn't featured in a recent story. {{champion:10}} & {{champion:25}} are most likely going to be ascended instead of angels(and even if they don't go with that route you can expect big lore changes for them),{{champion:54}} will also most likely receive a huge lore retcon and Bandle city will most certainly get changed too.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Qjw13gAz,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-21T12:25:17.055+0000) > > Overall I think you can expect a retcon for every champ who hasn't had a big lore update or wasn't featured in a recent story. > > {{champion:10}} & {{champion:25}} are most likely going to be ascended instead of angels(and even if they don't go with that route you can expect big lore changes for them) *hugs Reginald Ashram plushie and cries in the corner*
: Why are we retconning Lissandra and the Frozen Watchers?
: > Kayle becomes "Ascended" please no... kayle can't be shuriman, that just doesn't fit.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w7J89tn6,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-21T11:44:21.039+0000) > > please no... kayle can't be shuriman, that just doesn't fit. Oh pls, lore means crap to riot. Ask any varus fan. Im half surprised they didnt mention any half-darkin stuff or kayle being gay.
FDC 4 (NA)
: I wonder if coding a game isn't as simple as all you seem to make it sound. Go figure out how to fix the coding on the hitboxes and bring it back to us. I'll wait
> [{quoted}](name=KT Ciller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n4V0dLys,comment-id=000c0000000000030000,timestamp=2018-08-20T06:44:59.812+0000) > > I wonder if coding a game isn't as simple as all you seem to make it sound. Go figure out how to fix the coding on the hitboxes and bring it back to us. I'll wait Of course its not simple but in a competitive game like LoL that relies so much on skillshots, indicators and hitboxes should be precise down to the pixel and riot should strive for that, i dont give a damn what you think about "player expectations". Go figure out how a competitive game should be made and mantained and then come back to us. We will wait.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Giving a player a ton of refund tokens allows them to experience more content than possible by investing into something and taking it back, only to try something else. You shouldn't buy RP if you're not ready to commit to a purchase. Refund tokens were meant to erase a thoughtless mistake, not allow players to cycle through a ton of content before they eventually settle for the one skin they really, really want. Besides, PBE exists for a reason. You can still try skins there.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=852ewd1b,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-08-20T02:08:06.919+0000) > > Giving a player a ton of refund tokens allows them to experience more content than possible by investing into something and taking it back, only to try something else. You shouldn't buy RP if you're not ready to commit to a purchase. Refund tokens were meant to erase a thoughtless mistake, not allow players to cycle through a ton of content before they eventually settle for the one skin they really, really want. > > Besides, PBE exists for a reason. > You can still try skins there. How again is this going to bankrupt the company. Even if by the grace of god riot decided to give refund tokens they would: A: give a limited amount per player, most likely 1-3 B: limit what content you can refun, they sure as hell wont let me refund those 3 hecarim skins i bought 3 years ago now will they? it will most likely be content i bought the same year i got the tokens. C: people will use the rp on stuff they want, the whole reason people want refunds is so they can use rp elsewhere, no one wants to hoard it on their account. D: riot will likely make it so not everyone can get a refund token as some have already stated(have x honor lvl etc.)
saltran (EUW)
: Tristana is back on the meta
Kind of expected. She has no "real" weaknesses and is pretty much the "jack of all trades" adc.
Hibeki (NA)
: Overwhelming offense is whats causing the lack of counterplay
Zhonyas is a necesarry "uninteractive cancer". First eliminate the cause of the illness, then remove the symptom.
: It's a dumb idea. Bankrupt the company and there wont be anymore seasons
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=852ewd1b,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-08-19T12:46:33.351+0000) > > It's a dumb idea. Bankrupt the company and there wont be anymore seasons Bankrupting the company how? You are getting the rp back, rp that you spent money on already, money that riot gets to keep. please think before making nonsensical statements like that.
: Patch 7.22 Ruined League of Legends, Patch 8.16 Wont Change Anything
Plus in the old runes you could actually run stats that were hard to come by in items or you just wanted a custom build. want more gold/10? you can have that. how about a full page of magic pen? sure. scaling health/mana regen? np man. it allowed for fun builds which current rune stats dont allow.
: its a twinblade sort of conundrum , at one point if you buff towers it allows farmers like nasus to scale much safer and simply hug tower with 0 agression outscaling you , on the other hand it drags out games and rewards passiveagressive playstyles also a lot more while punishing quick early strong champions that have a diving kit or rushdown mechanic but can´t utilize it due to the tower plus champ 3shotting them. if anything first towers should be 50-100%stronger they are now and every tower after that amplified by 25-50% in life and dmg while the nexus towers being the hardest to crush. however this would also bring new problems where siege champions become the meta with tanks upfront and assasins burstmages sorta falling behind when they´ve no impact on objectives anymore.
> however this would also bring new problems where siege champions become the meta with tanks upfront and assasins burstmages sorta falling behind when they´ve no impact on objectives anymore. Siege champs exist for a reason. In a moba with useless towers, siege champs and specialists become useless. Why bother taking a champ who specializes in taking down buildings when anyone can chunk towers? League wants to have its cake and eat it to, it wants to have diverse champ kits while only allowing certain ones to flourish *cough* lcs bigplays *cough* .
: NUNU REWORK SKINS
Now if only the skins looked remotely as good as that ingame. One can dream.
: I think you need to search about cognitive bias and stuff like this, the chance are the same but probability is what it is. One time, I didn't get anything nice after buying ten chest. Kinda recently (two month?) I had a CHAIN (a true chain) of chest giving me chest and key along with skins, I got the ultimate MF skin, the ornn skin and I think the last blitzcrank skin. From one chest, gained by having a S- on a champ. Now what do we say? Also probabilities are what they are, if you played any gacha game, you would understand what I mean. And I played HOTS, since a long time actually and HOTS made this system because the game didn't actually suceeded to find its public so to attract customers, Blizzard make the cosmetics more open and have access to lootbox so people would play it. It is very typical of these kinds of games actually, it is like a paid game suddenly becoming F2P. It is STILL a system that give you content that you would normally pay for FREE. FREE. F R E E. It is still a luxury, it got several improvement and for having played a TON of F2P games or event shitty game system like OW and their lootbox, no game is better than League. Not paladins, not Battlerite, none.
> [{quoted}](name=Nevrankroaton,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B0aeNB3m,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-06-29T10:04:00.370+0000) You keep spouting FREE FREE as if it being free automatically makes the system good.
Jbels (NA)
: Alright I'm sick of this.
Are tanks defined by their kits, the items they buy or the way they play? And if its by kits, what kind of kit constitutes a tank? Would genuinelly like to know this.
: Why is the right answer downvoted three times?
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tig1EqZ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-23T05:51:27.275+0000) > > Why is the right answer downvoted three times? Bcs the truth is hard to swallow.
darkdill (NA)
: Syndra's passive should be changed into a series of Quests
LoL could learn a thing or 2 from Hots. This is one of them.
Raoul (EUW)
: No, the STORE is supposed to be your main source for cosmetics. Hextech chests are a little gimmik that allows you to get some cosmetics for free.
> [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nIlG4OFV,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-04-01T12:50:52.757+0000) > > No, the STORE is supposed to be your main source for cosmetics. > Hextech chests are a little gimmik that allows you to get some cosmetics for free. The store is also a source of champs but im not talking about the store. Im talking about the "lootbox" system and how its divided, the capsules give you BE and champs and the chests are supposed to give cosmetics.
Azadethe (NA)
: After 8.7 Why would anyone take any Runes but Precision/Sorcery?
"Takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your Ultimate's cooldown." "Hitting an enemy champion with an ability permanently increases your maximum mana by 25, up to 250 mana. After reaching 250 bonus mana, restore 1% of your missing mana every 5 seconds *Laughs in {{champion:45}}*
: Riot doesn't have to give us orange essence at all, you guys realize that riot is giving us free skins that we could be paying for, but they're kind enough to let us get some for free every now and then. I'm fine with getting some extra blue essence every few chests because i know that riot is gonna make money if they just let us have hundreds of free skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Parallelity,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nIlG4OFV,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-01T01:56:33.937+0000) > > Riot doesn't have to give us orange essence at all, you guys realize that riot is giving us free skins that we could be paying for, but they're kind enough to let us get some for free every now and then. I'm fine with getting some extra blue essence every few chests because i know that riot is gonna make money if they just let us have hundreds of free skins. Ah, the good old "its free so its fine" argument. We meet again. Hextech chests are meant to be a source of cosmetics, champ capsules are meant to offer champs and BE. It has nothing to do with it "being free".
: People are quitting League.
Probably my biggest gripe (there are a few) is how riot creates variety in insignificant ways. "Drakes now rotate so not every game feels the same". How about actually creating new maps for people to play on or even promote your other maps like TT. Or actually make use of the "make a custom game" feature and let people make custom games of ascension,urf,poro king, doombots etc. But no "muh numbers say people burn out so we wont do it".
: How can we fix URF?
Urf by itself is a fine gamemode, its the playerbase that ruins it. You wouldnt need random champion select or bans if people didnt just pick zed every game. Disabling champs like karthus is understandable bcs of what 80% cdr does to some champions kits. But most of urfs problems can be traced back to the community.
Vhan8765 (NA)
: While I'm not setting my judgement in stone until the lore comes out I guess, as of now I generally agree with you wholeheartedly. Even ignoring the champion's back drive device of simply "Out to stop void monsters!", she just doesn't look very void-y herself. Watching the special interactions video, the ones where she has some when attacking Kassadin, I was just looking at the two and Kass looks 5 times more like a Void monstrosity than Kai'sa does. Long story short, Riot is afraid of monster girls to be honest. It's why all of Evelynn's skins turn her human now; she isn't blue in a single one of her skins since the rework. Riot is striving more and more away from non-humanoid designs and it's so boring and so bland that it makes the game overall start to feel boring. Stop giving me two legged, standing, humanoid characters and go back to making champions with designs more like Cho'Gath or Rek'Sai or something. I'm so sick and tired of League just pumping out more generic characters with cliche lore's that literally took about an hour at most of thought. Some of the old lore may have been bad, but at least it was unique; I liked Nasus being a Space Librarian, thank you very much!
> [{quoted}](name=Vhan8765,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YGTYEoj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-22T15:57:52.168+0000) > > While I'm not setting my judgement in stone until the lore comes out I guess, as of now I generally agree with you wholeheartedly. > > Even ignoring the champion's back drive device of simply "Out to stop void monsters!", she just doesn't look very void-y herself. > Watching the special interactions video, the ones where she has some when attacking Kassadin, I was just looking at the two and Kass looks 5 times more like a Void monstrosity than Kai'sa does. > > Long story short, Riot is afraid of monster girls to be honest. > It's why all of Evelynn's skins turn her human now; she isn't blue in a single one of her skins since the rework. > Riot is striving more and more away from non-humanoid designs and it's so boring and so bland that it makes the game overall start to feel boring. > > Stop giving me two legged, standing, humanoid characters and go back to making champions with designs more like Cho'Gath or Rek'Sai or something. > I'm so sick and tired of League just pumping out more generic characters with cliche lore's that literally took about an hour at most of thought. > Some of the old lore may have been bad, but at least it was unique; I liked Nasus being a Space Librarian, thank you very much! They are a company and will make what sells. Its in their best interests to avoid risks unless a large amount of people demand a certain thing. Sadly, your words fall on deaf ears.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlackOnyxAltear,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cpE63PMA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-02-05T22:46:08.885+0000) > > "I can only think of worst case scenarios" literally nothing to do with my post. > "i think missions arent optional to complete" never implied by my post. > "The mission feature shouldnt be improved at all" it should be improved, but everything you've listed makes it worse. > "Every suggestion that mentions rewards is just some dude begging for free shit" 'rewards' and 'free shit' are synonymous phrases, so yes. begging for free shit is perfectly fine on a board meant for giving feedback on a game who's business model depends on giving away some amount of free shit.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cpE63PMA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-02-05T23:09:28.869+0000) > > literally nothing to do with my post. You could have easily gone "this mission lets me play on the champ i like" but you didnt, you chose to focus purely on the negative of this suggestion > > never implied by my post. you called it a laundry list, implying it has to be completed > > it should be improved, but everything you've listed makes it worse. Still waiting for a better suggestion. Once again, give actual suggestions on how the system could be improved. As things stand right now, you are just arguing.
Show more

BlackOnyxAltear

Level 93 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion