: So Riot can make a Dota Chess clone in less than half a year, but at the same time they...
Remember that Aatrox "rework"? The mains they left behind remember.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Update on Teemo changes
So when it comes to Teemo feedback is very important, but when it comes to the "biggest gameplay update Riot have ever done" no one cares. Nice.
Meddler (NA)
: Prototype Wukong Changes on PBE Context
When is Aatrox coming back? It's almost been a year without him.
AD Yuumi (NA)
: She can autoattack you say?
> [{quoted}](name=AD Yuumi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oMp9Kyjo,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-27T18:48:03.605+0000) > > She can autoattack you say? Can you make an Aatrox rework that auto attacks? This boris dude seems completely designed to tell players "auto bad"
: > [{quoted}](name=Chronabis,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=0000000300010001,timestamp=2019-04-11T16:02:04.334+0000) > > That statement is nowhere near the truth and only being thrown around by people who never played him. Consider also how the new one is a lot worse for game health, because he has been constantly nerfed for 8 months and has had kit mechanics taken out. I never mentioned the health of the new one. But the old one was nowhere near this amazing pinnacle of balance. The comment I replied to said He was kept sub-50% for a reason, and on a very low play percentage, only getting close to 50% with the mini-rework. Those would be entirely mains, and even then his winrate was terrible. That should speak to the state of his kit and the fact that he barely got changes, both buffs and nerfs, can be used to say Riot was perfectly fine with him being a not good pick with an incredibly small playerbase until they could figure out what to do with him. As Ralanr pointed out, similar with Poppy where she was just kept abysmal until she could be fixed because of the nature of her kit. Same with Yorick. He wasn’t allowed to be good because of the nature of his kit. Is the new one perfect? No, definitely not right now, but they at least believe they can still do something with most of it. And that’s the important part to Riot. If they believe they can fix it as it is, they will. If not, they’ll likely set him up with the Ryze rework pattern. But if they deemed the old kit to be too risky to do *anything* with except leave him in a not so good spot, then it won’t be coming back. Sorry, that’s how the cookie crumbles. There’s a reason the old Yorick, Poppy, and Sion kits haven’t returned after all this time. They likely perceive old Aatrox the same way.
> [{quoted}](name=Iota Theta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=00000003000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-11T16:20:07.614+0000) > > I never mentioned the health of the new one. But the old one was nowhere near this amazing pinnacle of balance. > > The comment I replied to said He was kept sub-50% for a reason, and on a very low play percentage, only getting close to 50% with the mini-rework. Those would be entirely mains, and even then his winrate was terrible. That should speak to the state of his kit and the fact that he barely got changes, both buffs and nerfs, can be used to say Riot was perfectly fine with him being a not good pick with an incredibly small playerbase until they could figure out what to do with him. > > As Ralanr pointed out, similar with Poppy where she was just kept abysmal until she could be fixed because of the nature of her kit. Same with Yorick. He wasn’t allowed to be good because of the nature of his kit. > > Is the new one perfect? No, definitely not right now, but they at least believe they can still do something with most of it. And that’s the important part to Riot. If they believe they can fix it as it is, they will. If not, they’ll likely set him up with the Ryze rework pattern. But if they deemed the old kit to be too risky to do *anything* with except leave him in a not so good spot, then it won’t be coming back. Sorry, that’s how the cookie crumbles. There’s a reason the old Yorick, Poppy, and Sion kits haven’t returned after all this time. They likely perceive old Aatrox the same way. They have been trying non stop for 8 months to fix him. Right now it is blatantly obvious he is way worse for balance, considering bot og and mini rework oldtrox sat at a stable 50% winrate for years.
: > [{quoted}](name=PaffWasTaken,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-04-10T23:42:35.454+0000) > > Literally had an almost permanently sub-50% winrate for all of his existence until mere weeks before his rework when he graduated to a near perfect 50%. If this is deemed unhealthy, then about 100 champions of the whole roster or more should be erased from the game in a similar manner if any of this makes sense Isolating winrate gives a very poor picture. He had a low winrate, incredibly low playrate, and his kit was incredibly feast or famine. Aatrox was considered a champ that either couldn’t get his items and was absolutely useless, or he could and could 1v9, with little room in-between. You can’t just cite winrate and say “oh, he was fine”.
> [{quoted}](name=Iota Theta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=000000030001,timestamp=2019-04-11T13:21:09.523+0000) > > Isolating winrate gives a very poor picture. He had a low winrate, incredibly low playrate, and his kit was incredibly feast or famine. Aatrox was considered a champ that either couldn’t get his items and was absolutely useless, or he could and could 1v9, with little room in-between. You can’t just cite winrate and say “oh, he was fine”. That statement is nowhere near the truth and only being thrown around by people who never played him. Consider also how the new one is a lot worse for game health, because he has been constantly nerfed for 8 months and has had kit mechanics taken out.
: Okay, so, it goes without saying that they'd been working on reworking Aatrox for literal years. They mentioned things, such as taking him in the original direction of "turning the tides of battle," etc., and tried to keep his old W. After a REALLY LONG TIME, and many problems (which I'm not gonna highlight here), they basically said "this isn't working and this isn't worth it we need to start from scratch." To everybody that says they'd have liked Aatrox to remain an auto-based Champion, this is a reminder that Riot, a multi-billion company, working on their most anticipated and one of their most important reworks of all time, tried to make him auto-based and couldn't get it to work. Maybe that's a sign he's better off this way.
> [{quoted}](name=LuaDotExe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-04-11T15:15:12.603+0000) > > Okay, so, it goes without saying that they'd been working on reworking Aatrox for literal years. > They mentioned things, such as taking him in the original direction of "turning the tides of battle," etc., and tried to keep his old W. > After a REALLY LONG TIME, and many problems (which I'm not gonna highlight here), they basically said "this isn't working and this isn't worth it we need to start from scratch." > To everybody that says they'd have liked Aatrox to remain an auto-based Champion, this is a reminder that Riot, a multi-billion company, working on their most anticipated and one of their most important reworks of all time, tried to make him auto-based and couldn't get it to work. Maybe that's a sign he's better off this way. Considering his current version is way more unhealthy for the game, proven by the fact that they have been non stop nerfing him for 8 months with also removing kit mechanics, it's safe to say they should swallow their pride and admit fucking up. Which if memory serves correct - Meddler mentioned they went too far.
: Aatrox was reworked because his kit was deemed unhealthy which I completely agree with. Drain tanks are not a healthy design and being a right click drain tank is even worse.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfRBgP5j,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-10T20:47:41.167+0000) > > Aatrox was reworked because his kit was deemed unhealthy which I completely agree with. Drain tanks are not a healthy design and being a right click drain tank is even worse. That statement simply isn't true if you look at the facts and what riot themselves said - that old Aatrox always had a healthy winrate, while bbtrox has been constantly nerfed, mechanics have been removed from his kit and he is basically going to get a mini rework not even a year after he came out. Original Aatrox has never been a balance issue shown with the fact he was nerfed once. bbtrox has been getting non stop nerfs for 8 months. The original was never a balance issue, but that was the simple marketing trick riot used. If you decide to look at the facts you will see that that are lying.
Rioter Comments
Luzz (NA)
: ARURF to be PERMA
I just wamt blitz
: Can we revert AAtrox?
Still waiting to see if they will respond to our community post. You can look at my profile if you missed it
: Phantom Hits is the problem and they have caused many nerfs to champions and items. Remove Phantom Hits and then see where Vayne sits.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wLqviq2p,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-25T17:04:35.159+0000) > > Phantom Hits is the problem and they have caused many nerfs to champions and items. Remove Phantom Hits and then see where Vayne sits. Aatrox got deleted because of phantom hit
: > Because it completely removed any identity Aatrox had That was **literally** the entire point of reworking him. Everyone knew that from the very beginning. BTW, Aatrox is *still* a god of death and battle that wants to get into the thick of things. **AND** he kept his signature thing: a revive. > this require compensation No it doesn't. Not in the slightest.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mLooeYA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-03-22T00:49:02.955+0000) > > That was **literally** the entire point of reworking him. > > Everyone knew that from the very beginning. > > BTW, Aatrox is *still* a god of death and battle that wants to get into the thick of things. **AND** he kept his signature thing: a revive. > > No it doesn't. Not in the slightest. It is obvious you never played the champion.
: Jesus christ, even if this doesn't get addressed, props to you (im guessing you got everyone together to say their piece, feel free to correct me) for putting in that much work just for this one post. I too am a former Aatrox main (who has played the new one gritting my teeth every time a situation I could have mechanically gotten out of ends up taking a 180), and I honestly don't understand even now why they completely changed his kit because "it was too similar" to Tryndamere's (they didn't say it was him but honestly everyone has put two and two together and figured that out)? Like modernizing it could make certain things act differently and easily avoid such a massive amount of work just to create a kit many have sounded functions exactly like Riven's. Like i'm glad they did work on him, but it honestly shouldn't have never gone in this direction as it did. Modernizing it would also get people interested in playing him even though it would be very similar to the old kit, and that was their goal with the rework: Get more people to play this champion. My biggest gripe is the fact he can't do what he was set out to do when they reworked him, and I quote this from the reveal page (the point will be bolded): "Umbral Dash’s passive turns bloody teamfights into fonts of health, keeping Aatrox alive for as long as his carnage continues. Allies who shield and sustain him for more swings of The Darkin Blade will be rewarded with **a frontline juggernaut who can take as much damage as he deals.**" He can't take as much damage as he deals, with shields or not. Its due to the fact he's pigonholed into building full AD just to do damage. I don't get why they couldn't partially revert the rework on the PBE and test a new kit that has both old and new incorporated into it (even the new R change). He's the one champion besides Yorick (still has ghouls, but functions very differently) to lose a lot of the old kit. I don't really get it regardless if it was for him to be open to more people, the champ will find its own designated playerbase at some point. I could honestly say the playerbase that is still playing him completely echoes old Aatrox. (feel free to add this in if you want)
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mLooeYA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-21T21:20:16.356+0000) > > Jesus christ, even if this doesn't get addressed, props to you (im guessing you got everyone together to say their piece, feel free to correct me) for putting in that much work just for this one post. > > I too am a former Aatrox main (who has played the new one gritting my teeth every time a situation I could have mechanically gotten out of ends up taking a 180), and I honestly don't understand even now why they completely changed his kit because "it was too similar" to Tryndamere's (they didn't say it was him but honestly everyone has put two and two together and figured that out)? Like modernizing it could make certain things act differently and easily avoid such a massive amount of work just to create a kit many have sounded functions exactly like Riven's. Like i'm glad they did work on him, but it honestly shouldn't have never gone in this direction as it did. > > Modernizing it would also get people interested in playing him even though it would be very similar to the old kit, and that was their goal with the rework: Get more people to play this champion. My biggest gripe is the fact he can't do what he was set out to do when they reworked him, and I quote this from the reveal page (the point will be bolded): "Umbral Dash’s passive turns bloody teamfights into fonts of health, keeping Aatrox alive for as long as his carnage continues. Allies who shield and sustain him for more swings of The Darkin Blade will be rewarded with **a frontline juggernaut who can take as much damage as he deals.**" > > He can't take as much damage as he deals, with shields or not. Its due to the fact he's pigonholed into building full AD just to do damage. I don't get why they couldn't partially revert the rework on the PBE and test a new kit that has both old and new incorporated into it (even the new R change). He's the one champion besides Yorick (still has ghouls, but functions very differently) to lose a lot of the old kit. I don't really get it regardless if it was for him to be open to more people, the champ will find its own designated playerbase at some point. I could honestly say the playerbase that is still playing him completely echoes old Aatrox. (feel free to add this in if you want) Yea we got a lot of people to join in, as can be seen in the Google docs file, we have 40 pages of people expressing their feelings.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 15
What about the Aatrox community? You said we were too small , then the Nunu people who were 1/3 got a special thank you and art for them. Then you invited a Mord main all the way from Eu to play the rewok. Where are the alleged Aatrox mains who tested him?
: What are your thoughts on the Aatrox Rework and the current state of Aatrox?
I used to main oldtrox since he was released, so my dislike for the rework cannot be stressed enough. Nothing of who he was remains. Even his theme that Riot themselves praise for being loved. He is not a mysterious figure of war, he is not war itself. He is just some suicidal fallen deity now, which is utterly unoriginal, just like his visual and gameplay design.
d00mface (EUW)
: Aatrox, my favorite boy
The story has no nuances, no mystery and no interest. Just like his design he is basic and used to insult the people who used to play the character. This isn't Aatrox, this is bbtrox
Kadexe (NA)
: "A rework almost universally hated" is a stretch. His player base was tiny to begin with, and a lot more players enjoy him now.
> [{quoted}](name=Kadexe,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=qzzu5y4t,comment-id=00200000,timestamp=2019-02-06T20:06:16.701+0000) > > "A rework almost universally hated" is a stretch. His player base was tiny to begin with, and a lot more players enjoy him now. If you look at how many actually main him from the people playing him, that was less than 1 percent. Less than 1 percent of the people playing him main him.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
I really do not understand how you can be happy with bbtrox. A rework almost universally hated, which tore apart the champion's user base. He is not better for balance and cannot be, because his design is so toxic. He is Zoe all over again. How is he ok? How is he accepted as a good rework after everything around him? All the lies, insults and bashing towards the Aatrox community are in no way acceptable and it is evident you as a company learnt nothing. This is how you lose loyal customers. I was one of them.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 1
And Aatrox? We've heard how the new one is better for balance, but all that has been proven is how he is not that at all. The old one recieved 2 nerfs throughout his existence, while this new one gets hit patch after patch. How is this ok, considering you removed everything the champion was?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 25
This rework fixed nothing and only served to let Jag diss on Aatrox mains. How is that acceptable in any shape or form? You asked us to wait 2 years, only to tell us "well it ain't for you". How am I as a loyal fan and customer supposed to feel? I waited and sat through years of memes and ridicule, only to end up with Riot themselves telling me that they never cared. Really I wanna know, who said this kit is ok? Did no one look at it and go "oh we made another Zoe/old Nid". A one spell wonder, who kept absolutely none of the traits that made Aatrox who he was (not the story, not the look, not the gameplay, not the voice). You didn't rework Aatrox, you deleted him and then laughed.
Snowic (NA)
: Riot please revert the Rakan changes immediately the entire community of Rakan mains is begging you
Kazekiba (NA)
: I miss Dark Flight, especially after they fixed it being canceled entirely by any CC during the dash. If only they just gave him a better E and an actual Ult. What are your thoughts about his old Steroid ult being essentially maintained and having his revive passive slapped on to it
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=JeoGRXbm,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-16T17:15:03.994+0000) > > I miss Dark Flight, especially after they fixed it being canceled entirely by any CC during the dash. > If only they just gave him a better E and an actual Ult. > > What are your thoughts about his old Steroid ult being essentially maintained and having his revive passive slapped on to it Honestly - I just want to play Aatrox, even if they remove the revive. Legit the posts that Aatrox mains made about the rework a year before it came out all asked for a removal of the revive for buffing other parts of him. All of that was ignored while riot paraded on how they listened to feedback, blatantly lying when you also consider how the only reception of this rework was pure hatred. Nothing was considered by them and in the end they loved making fun of Aatrox mains while getting the community to hate us too. At least it is hilariously ironic how the new one is 100 times worse for balance. Edit: spelling
Meddler (NA)
: We're currently testing: Q damage :: 10-70(+64/68/72/76/80%tAD) >>> 10-70(+55/60/65/70/75%tAD) E recharge :: 24/20/16/12/8 >>> 26/22/18/14/10 Think it's very possible he needs additional work down the line. Having said that he's too strong in regular play too, not just pro, so possible we just need to cut power full stop as players in both contexts continue to get better at him.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=JeoGRXbm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-16T16:44:17.280+0000) > > We're currently testing: > > Q damage :: 10-70(+64/68/72/76/80%tAD) >>> 10-70(+55/60/65/70/75%tAD) > E recharge :: 24/20/16/12/8 >>> 26/22/18/14/10 > > Think it's very possible he needs additional work down the line. Having said that he's too strong in regular play too, not just pro, so possible we just need to cut power full stop as players in both contexts continue to get better at him. Revert him, we can already plainly see bbtrox is in no way better for balance.
: Sad Aatrox Main
We all miss him. The posts telling us that they do not care are even more tilting.
Rioter Comments
: A Response to Doublelift on a Constantly Evolving Game
Revert Aatrox already. I waited for 2 years for my fav champ to be reworked only to get a deletion and insults from you at riot. Thanks a lot. I used to defend this company when my friends started to insult you,but lately after the latest fiasco I agree with them.
: New Aatrox banner wings feedback + questions
Good post. To be honest his wings look terrible, like the entire rework.
: Hey I really sorry you feel this way. So I'll try and answer your questions. **On: The loss of old Aatrox. ** I know you loved this "old thing" and you're not alone. Everyone on the team knew Aatrox was loved by a very, very small but very, very loyal group of fans. Unfortunately, we also knew Aatrox's gameplay was problematic, he was difficult to balance, he was item reliant; his model, lore, and VO weren't up to modern standards. And all those elements had to be better interconnected. Would you rather have watched aatrox fall into total irrelevance-- an unsupported, unplayable, "Quit trolling bro" pick? _**He had to change.** _ Because change is necessary. But yes it is hard- (crap, I've now got grey hair and a unfun doctor's appointment tomorrow) But that same change, is a part of what makes League great and what makes it feel fresh. It sucks to see something you liked change. But that's just it.. Aatrox is not dead. He is not a dead wife. He changed. He is reborn-- yes different than he was-- but the good feeling you had playing him? **_That _**is what we were trying to keep--- not the voice, not the gameplay loop, not the visuals. ** _That feeling. _** It's abstract and yes It's a _bit_ different now but I honestly feel if you give him the 30 games it takes to begin to unlock how he really works- how he really _**feels**_- you'll begin to get this is still Aatrox. Perhaps even more Aatrox than the original Aatrox was _Because you can have joy in change and your memories both. _ **On: Gaston vs Mufasa . ** So this is easier Q to answer and a bit more technical. Basically a single line can not capture who someone is (Real or fictional) It is the variance, it is the subtext, it is what people want and how they go about getting it. Creating characters is what I am interested in as I am a writer (and VO director). But the timbre of the voice is not what makes a character-- it can define a performer (actor) sure. But I must choose the actor I can best capture the emotional truth of the character over the actor with a sexy voice every time. (Though if I can get both... sweeeet.) ==note this is not saying the original voice actor was bad-- just he wasn't right for the role. I get that it's hard to see how this is true and matches the previous paragraph -- but it's true. The goal was to make a more Aatrox, Aatrox. Maybe we didn't hit that goal for you. But I'm asking you, humbly, to give him a real shot. Fun fact to end with: Change. Knowing that change is traumatic and yet it also a part of our game-- is part of the reason I built that thematic into Zoe and Illaoi. It's true, I love building levels, irony, and subtext. Thanks for capturing your feelings calmly. WAAAARGHbobo
You did not change him, you made a new champion and called him Aatrox.
: Thanks for noticing the work. One of the things people fail to take into account when looking at gameplay reveals, full VO dumps - and especially when looking at the "special interaction" videos, is the % chance of occurrence, timing, and place, time they fit in the game. So for example unless you're playing in some special game mode-- you'll hear at most 5 First_Encounter lines. These are the challenge lines, "Scream "Demacia," Garen. Scream its name before I crush you. And it." You'll here one of these lines, once for each member of the enemy team. Now because of the way the game works and the audio system works you have about a 80% chance of getting a "First_Encounter" line against your top lane opponent-- but a much lower chance against other champions (less than 50% in testing). But this is over 50 lines in the script-- so listening to these lines out of context gives you a false view of the champion's personality and tone. (Hearing them back to back makes him seem sassy and arrogant) --Why is this type of line valuable and why are many of these comedic? Because this type of line is geared to go off in that brief moment around the first minion's wave's arrival-- it helps get the player in the mood for the fight, amuses, and reminds you Aatrox loves to duel. Similarly Aatrox also has "Long_Move_Lines" but these only trigger when Aatrox is leaving the base and has clicked a very long distance. (Heading back to a lane or jungle). These lines are "preparatory" and longer. Because we can guess that the player is heading back to a fight-- So often these lines are more emotional, internal, revealing, and speak to why the character is fighting. These contrast "Attack_Lines" which are short and violent because we know you are attacking an enemy champion. (You clicked on an enemy champ) In Aatrox's case the variance between these different elements is larger than normal-- in part because he actually has very long cool downs and because he has many new triggers that are set up to occur at different parts of the game. (This tech is still WIP so --it's not quite working in PBE) So for example not only are Aatrox's attack lines are more violent and shorter than his move lines... his late game Attack lines and Move lines are much shorter and more violent than his early game Attack and Move lines.
One of the things companies fail to notice, is that when they serve a bad meal, the customer would return it.
: Huge fps drops after patch 7.7 (thread)
I sent out a ticket, hope it helps me resolve my issue. I have been having the problem every second patch since 7.1. It really infuriates me that it disappears just to come back next patch... And changing the graphics options makes no difference. According to my Nvidia Geforce experience I should be playing on very high, but I can barely get 30 fps on very low...
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 23
Aatrox buffs? He is still on the weak side because of his new passive being extremely weak and hard to stack. And unless stacked it provides nothing which in term makes him weaker than the old one...
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 14
I have to say though, i am extremely thankful for the hotfix. I did my relearning of Aatrox and started to do well with him, even have had a lot of success in the jungle, where he is considered to be extremely weak right now. Again thank you for the hotfix Riot, also looking forward to the changes
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 10
I would like to ask a question, but it is rather hard to keep myself together considering the changes happening. So my question is simple: why do you remove strategies and options from players, when at the same time you keep saying you will give more options? I will use Aatrox as an example as of the recent changes that he had to take. So he was a splitpushing toplaner, a 1v1 fighter, a jungler, an ap carry also. Now he just some top tank thing, that can not even top properly due to the removal of his E's magic damage, meaning people just stack armor against him and he has 2 options: build armor pen and die or lose lane. And also why did no one consider he had an identity that was removed completely? His playstile was a dance with death (hehe see what I did here) because of his self damage and that was from my favourite attributes of the champion. You could trick you opponents into fighting you when you were low hp and they would die miserably. Now that is rather impossible with the nerfed W. So this turned into a random rant but at least you can see why we Aatrox players are extremely unhappy now. Edit: I really tried not to sound like an asshole, sry if I did
: Meanwhile as Galio is getting his rework
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dynikus (NA)
: ryze had a similar winrate after his rework. your anecdotal evidence of a yasuo diving you doesn't mean much.
k buddy. Riot are thinking of hotfixing him, that is how bad it is, so stop arguing as it is painfully obvious you have not played this champion
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 9
Why did you release Aatrox if you knew he was in a bad state?
Dynikus (NA)
: It's been out for a day, give it some time. god damn
I am sick of this quote at this point, we have an entire reddit and discord of Aatrox mains and no one is happy or has found a reliable build. A bad kit is a bad kit, people even went sterak and triforce and it was bad. We can't try Ap anymore because it was removed. Another thing I was 5/1 and a 0/2 Yasuo dove me unter turret and killed me, I had no time to stack and use passive. This is not ok. An underpowered champion is one and I can tell with ease when it is the champ I have been maining since season 3.
: Patch Chat with the Playtest Team - 7.5, Aatrox mini-update
When are you buffing Aatrox back? 34% winrate seems like a joke, a bad one at that.
Dynikus (NA)
: Have you considered that you just aren't playing him as intended? It's a decent enough rework to require learning how to use him effectively again. Also as they've even said, his rework is a step in the right directions and is easier to balance with number changes than his old kit was. He might be weak now, maybe even weaker than before, but they can bump up numbers and bring him to a more balanced state until they do a fullblown rework.
34% winrate is not a decent rework
: @riot .. aatrox rework is a HUGE nerf
why the downvotes, he is right in reality. W was what made Aatrox good and it got nerfed for Q and E, which are his bad abilities. Also the passive was gutted too. Ah well, even my friends with 0 games on this guy are saying it is a buff so if people wanna believe it was a buff they will
Meddler (NA)
: Quick gameplay thoughts: Feb 17
The rework on the PBE looks like a solid gutting of the champion. 0 problems addressed.
: I hope it stays this way and not removed in the future. If you removed Normal Draft then you will force players into either playing the super toxic Blind pick, or Ranked. Not everyone wants to play competitive, and shouldn't have to feel like their forced to. If you did remove Draft then you will be killing all your casual players which most likely makes up for a lot of the player base (I'm assuming. I'm sure there is a lot more people playing Normal/Blind than in Ranked). Also if you did remove Draft, then you would have even more people going into ranked with champions that they aren't comfortable with because it would be the only way to play them (Since Blind pick is very hard to get your role). So please keep Draft pick in the future as well, unless you have something like Team builder or something in the future.
We got no draft in EUNE so shit hit the fan fast. Right now flex is a complete clown fiesta because everyone treats it like draft. So basically we have no draft or ranked now.
: So, Normal Draft...
Thank you for all the toxicity I have to go through now Riot. Real nice decision there. Totally communicated with the players on what you were doing. You deserve the outrage and we deserve our draft back, because flex IS draft now and you successfully killed ranked in EUNE. Good job.
: Patch Chat with the Playtest Team - 6.22, big changes in the preseason!
One question here (jungle main): when are you returning the smite buffs (actual strategy behind them) and removing the plants (annoying rng)?
: Nothing's off the table, though I don't think we'd rush to that. First impressions can get messy, especially if you have communication issues (which we've had on Plants imo). Last midseason, for example, randomized dragons and red/blue camp respawn indicators drew massive criticism before ship. While some people still don't like them, I think it's fair to say they at least didn't turn out as bad as pre-release threads indicated. A personal tangent from my experience: As games evolve, "obvious wins" become rarer, and the philosophy of "the riskiest thing is to not take risks" starts emerging (you see this in other long-evolving games like MTG). Plants are a new design space in many ways, and it's possible they won't work out. But after playtesting them in various forms over the past several months, we think there's something valuable there.
As a jungle main, no the plants are something I do not want to see again. The assassins are fun, but the plants... I will reinstall when they get removed.
: So, Normal Draft...
Where is the dislike button of the post? I feel there is a reason for it to be missing... Similar to the plants idea, good job at making the game worse than ever. I have not hated the jungle this much since season 3. The tank meta was bad but nothing close to this.
: Guinsoo's Rageblade, Devourer, and Bloodrazor
I shall miss you sated Aatrox, your hilarious 1v5 potential shall forever be remembered

Chronabis

Level 73 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion