datfatguy (OCE)
: What the hell happened to rotating game modes?
I just want Nemesis Draft :( Seriously, that gamemode was the epithome of fun.
: Swain's a hero
CertainlyT is a hero. The dude designed champions like Yasuo and Zoe messing with the very principals of the game which lead to the current beloved state of the game where we can all enjoy the beauty of mobility and damage creep in all their glory. Everything else he does can be excused because of that. That's all I had to say thank you.
: For example Pre-noxus Xin zhao, Demacian Taric, Myisha Kinkou Zed, Pre Darkin Varus, Aatrox, King Jarvan IV, or Even some random ones like the Bilgewater garen quinn aatrox ones.
Well, Pre-Darkin Varus would be just a gay couple, lol. Or did you mean pre-void corruption ascended Varus? That skin would be probably to close to his Justicar one.
Moody P (NA)
: Buff tank items
Sadly, it will never happen. The whole game is balanced around proplay, and a fast-paced, flashy, damage oriented meta is just more enjoyable to watch dor the Asians than two tanks punching each other in the toplane for half an eternity.
: Shared pool is specifically to keep everyone from being able to go for the same thing. So long as there isn't a single comp that's better than everything else 100% of the time, this is an okay way of doing things. As for the "ops" just balance them. Done.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=Zvhx1YOx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-01T07:28:59.217+0000) > > Shared pool is specifically to keep everyone from being able to go for the same thing. So long as there isn't a single comp that's better than everything else 100% of the time, this is an okay way of doing things. > > As for the "ops" just balance them. Done. Yesterday I was in a game where 4 of us were going for a Noble bonus. In the end, all of us got the bonus and literally crushed the others with a bunch of 2 and 1 star units. Currently Noble comp is just unbalanced and should be nerfed because if someone manages to build it there's literally no other comp that can counter it aside from Sorcerors (and noone plays Sorcerors because they are undertuned).
DUDE BRO (NA)
: If I'm mid against ahri, veiger, or even zed I'm having fun because I know I can dodge their skillshots, exploit their weaknesses, etc. It is fun because I always have options and if I lose I know they were really good, or I played poorly. Even if they're ahead I can still outplay and win fights. When I play against a master yi who is 0/7 then 1v5 pentakills our entire team, I am not having fun.
> [{quoted}](name=DUDE BRO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Iy9q3Oyd,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-06-18T16:18:53.623+0000) > > If I'm mid against ahri, veiger, or even zed I'm having fun because I know I can dodge their skillshots, exploit their weaknesses, etc. > It is fun because I always have options and if I lose I know they were really good, or I played poorly. Even if they're ahead I can still outplay and win fights. > > When I play against a master yi who is 0/7 then 1v5 pentakills our entire team, I am not having fun. Completely agree aside from Ahri. Glacial Augment makes her a real pain in the arse to play against. When I can't dodge her abilities because of a keystone-item combination I'm not having fun, nor I think its fair.
: Proof that NB3 actually got Nubrac banned
This whole drama is hilarious. Neither side is fully correct in their points, because they are biased. The thing that really happened: -Nubrack trolled famous streamers on his own stream to generate views and called it off-meta (you can still insist it worked, mind you the Irelia got tilted and the Sivir too because they were unable to do anything thanks to Teemo). His avarage winrate are from normal Teemo games, he only trolls if streamers are on his team, again, to generate views. -Nightblue3 got carried away and gave up the game (which is still punishable tho) but he wasn't wrong when he contacted Riot personally. The antitroll system is terrible, it would have been a smaller eternity till the system would have realised Nubrack actively trolls in multiple games, but it would have eventually, Nightblue3 only sped up the process. -Nightblue3 was openly toxic on his stream but didn't write anything on the gamechat which would justify a ban. According to the current ToS, being verbally toxic without writing a word In-Game is fully legal, even if you're a streamer and thousands follow you. Nearly every streamer does this: TF Blade, Trick2G, Rekkles, NB3 and so on.
Xavanic (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Xavanic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cO89Kven,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T06:41:56.200+0000) > > bruiser = bulky fighter jugguarnaut = bulky caster, that's what i've boiled their archetypes down to.... Juggernauts are immobile damage machines with no or very little CC in their kits: {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:6}}
Rioter Comments
: Are all the plotlines going anywhere?
Well, the Freljordian update happened in S3-S4 and all we've got since is a retcon that the Frozen Watchers are actually firstborns of the void and probably the biggest threat Runeterra has ever faced and that's it. Their prison is still weakening but not weak enough for them to burst out of it (so we are in the same place we were 5-6 years ago) .
Falrein (EUW)
: Forget that Empress, there can only be one true Sovereign
Sorry, my only queen is a lunatic {{champion:131}} . All shall serve the moon
Sashamica (EUNE)
: Lets talk about Khada Jhin.. seriously.
Jhin is kind of young, according to the In-Game Tooltip he is 3 years older than Zed, who is 22ish. He was a decorator in a travelling theatre as you can read in his original color story, so his connection to culture and literature is pretty much there.
: If I remember correctly it's sadly been confirmed that the new game is **not** going to be an MMORPG. Edit: Found the comment: > We're for sure not doing this, sorry. There's no League MMO in development. > We are doing things though. https://np.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ani8nz/on_october_27_2019_league_of_legends_will_be_10/eftv7ks/?st=jrunsqt7&sh=bc6c3bb1
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FEPlZpii,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-05T11:49:28.782+0000) > > If I remember correctly it's sadly been confirmed that the new game is **not** going to be an MMORPG. > > Edit: Found the comment: > > https://np.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ani8nz/on_october_27_2019_league_of_legends_will_be_10/eftv7ks/?st=jrunsqt7&sh=bc6c3bb1 I hope it won't be another cards game. With Gwennt, HS and Artifact that market is pretty much full. An RTS would be cool, but we all know it's not a popular genre right now. This leaves us with two options: either a fighting game (would be kinda okay, nothing too special) or some kind of RPG (MMO's excluded).
Rioter Comments
: Does anybody know any really good long lasting single player games?
I'm a bit surprised noone's mentioned the Witcher series (especially 3) yet. It is a journey you shouldn't miss. Deux Ex (Human Evolution and Mankind Divided) is also a great RPG with great replayibility. The story on it's own is long and engaging and the choices you make along the way makes every playthrough quite different (they are FPS games but both of them can be played through without the need to kill anyone).
: Why does riot rework champs if they are going to make them feel entirely different to play
Why didn't you mention Nunu at all in your post? It was probably one of the best reworks Riot ever made, it kept the things that made Nunu Nunu and expanded upon them. Although I love the new Yorick and love what they did to him, you can't possibly say it's the same as the old was, his ghouls needs some time to prepare and his Muramana iterations got deleted. The old one was a complete madman who could duel anyone at any time (his abilities were only gated by CD) and the new one need preparation to do so. Nunu would be a better example for a fitting rework (alongside WW of course).
: Shame to see Nocturne so far down.
Nocturne could use some work. His theme is too cool just to be tossed aside for so long, he is everyone's nightmare manifested but looks like a weird cloud and is played like a global AA assassin.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dyromic,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GAlb6RnM,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T10:23:46.770+0000) > > He didn't bend the whole world of the dead to his will. He only created his own Death Realm, other spirits are still out of his reach. he did so by seizing control of any he killed (the dead in general after eons of studying necromancy and learning the magicks of death). It appears that his sorcerors did too good a job of mightifying him after he died.
Yes, he only enchains those spirits he himself kills or those who are killed near to him. Other souls can still access the afterlife, so Morde's Death Realm is something like a smaller area in the greater realm of the Afterlife. The existence of the Shadow Isles and the fact those spirits are not controlled by Morde makes it clear that Morde is not Death's only master and someone after his death won't necessarily be doomed for eternal servitude (or at least not under Morde). Sion is another example of an undead who is not controlled by Mordekaiser.
: This comment has little to do with what I said. But I have to disagree with him seeming weaker and less charismatic. He bent the very world of the dead to his will... that's pretty dang powerful.
He didn't bend the whole world of the dead to his will. He only created his own Death Realm, other spirits are still out of his reach.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: The Dark Lord Cometh
Does this mean, he isn't the one commanding the Black Mist during a Harrowing? If this is the case, the Ruined King still has a chance being relevant in the lore, which is kinda nice I guess.
: new [EXPERIMENTAL] item. + new champion!?
The fact that new champion has a Shuriman name, and it was stated in the champion roadmap that a new Shuriman champion is in development and Amumu is getting a VFX update pretty much sells it.
: Isn't Death realm (Mordekaizer) different from Spirit realm (Shen) or they are the same realms with different names? I would like some explanation for the realms in lore
Well, both of those are roamed by spirits and ghosts but there's a difference. The Spirit Realm is a realm in which spirits can move but they can still affect the normal world and they can be affected by it, they can kill civilians for instance or even be killed by spirithuntes and the naked eye can't see them, only the Eye of the Twilight (Shen) can feel their presence (and some other kinds of magical vision). Whilst the Death Realm seems to be disconnected from the normal realm, only Morde and the souls he enchained can acces it and it has minimal to no connection to the normal realm (turrets still acces the Death Realm, they're magic structures so some kinds of powerful magic can access it, but nothing else).
Rioter Comments
: What is one skin you always forget exists?
Praetor Graves. The fact that skin exists is just wierd.
Rioter Comments
Candoodle (EUW)
: Dreamworks "Hey, Riot, can i copy your homework?"
Jokes aside, if they manage to replicate something as special as Toothless' and Hiccup's relationship with this girl and her yeti, I'm sold. Seriously, the HTTYD series was my childhood, I was still a kid when the first movie came out and it was really hard to let it go with the third installment even as an adult. I hope kids will experience something similar with this movie :)
Rioter Comments
: AD Assassin & Jungle Faction teased in Yuumi's trailer
That's gotta be the remake of Kumungu Jungle, or at least I hope.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > alias ~~Deadly~~ Killer Queen Ftfy.
<3 Wish I could use Bites the Dust to fix my mistake but oh well...
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: ...Legendary Jhin isn't gonna be oddysey, it's not gonna be Battle, it's not gonna be project. That leaves either a new line or.... Or Star Guardian. o.O
I hope he will be the start of a new skinline, maybe a Victorian England inspired eerie one with Jhin being a serial killer in the lines of Jack the Ripper? That would be quite fitting if you ask me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=W30TX4wE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-27T10:38:06.445+0000) > > I like cats, but I never thought a champion could beat Janna, Soraka and Nami in terms of being the egirliest cliché champ the world has ever seen. I mean, you can have anthropomorphic or even Yordles and they make a literal. CAT She is nothing more than a CAT visual wise. ...If they wanna make something very groundbreaking they could have made a female toplaner that is not like irelia/fiora so they can expand female gamers experiences rather than leashing them to mid/sup. But NOOOOOO. Why can't they even make a female jungler? I heard girls are statistically more better than males in managing resources. But Nooooooo! They make champions which are still "be in kitchen" archetypes. What happened about empowerment? Independence? Being a core leading figure? I'm starting to get convinced these were all just lies. I sort of want actual action rather than petty words and see Riot games make something innovative. But as you can see they are just conformists or do not give a damn. Can you believe that the last actual champion that managed to get a decent female following was darn Zoe? I just guess they ARE the one-dimensional company as they are being criticized about. Last years working environment scandals, Vaevictus, PAX, the damn Varus fiasco and now this. "The single lady with cats" meme. I'm honestly disappointed. Not just because of their mindset, but their obvious lack of effort.
Some of your points are valid but not all. Women are more willing to play with female champions for some reason or another, that's clear. But you seem to ignore the fact even females prefer the oversexualised, beautiful comic book characters over real diversity. Illaoi and Taliyah have been around for almost 3 years or more now but never actually got into spotlight, or at least that's what I experienced. I get to play with quite a few girls throughout the years (since s4) but not a single one of them ever picked either of the beforementioned characters like, ever? They were mostly supports too and when not, they played midlane or top with champions like Ahri, Lux, Zoe Fiora, Diana or even Lulu. We can argue female players lack diversity in champion pool, but that completely ignores the fact the majority of female players are indeed support mains who prefer bubbly, easy-going, beautiful female characters over someone like Illaoi or Taliyah.
: why stop with just Tahm we need Bouncer Braum and Graves and Taric and Gragus.... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsN6CaeU4AAuMQZ.jpg:large _**/s**_
They legit look like Jojo characters.
mosaickle (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kamille W,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2AlayaQg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-13T11:51:38.844+0000) > > I hate the state of the game atm. I'm slowly transitioning to other games because this game is unhealthy. Recommendations? I've dabbled with Dota2 though it's a bit too conflicting of a task to transition, I've played a small bit of HotS but it just doesn't feel as smooth or clear as League, I'm planning on retrying MKX tomorrow for the sake of it. But yeah what would you recommend? EDIT: Preferably not any kind of Battle Royale games, I really don't like those
Albion Online just got free to play if you're into sandbox MMO's you may enjoy it.
: Men only want one thing
Real men only want that juicy juicy Morde rework, so they can rock rock hard.
: Is Lendros Mordekaiser?
Keeping in mind how Rioters recently shape their lore, I would say it's a safe bet. I mean, the wording at the very end makes it obvious Lendros has some kind of connection to Mordekaiser.
Grokmir (NA)
: Probably becuase all abilities work like that? Correct me if im wrong but i cant think of any abilities other than some buffs that dont go on cd after the ability has finished being casted. And anyway if you really want to smack nasus it would hurt more to just give him flat cd nerfs instead
Yorick's ultimate is the only ability which comes to my mind.
: I want to learn more about Ionia in general, specifically the mythology behind it. Like, look at all this shit. https://i.imgur.com/C4kWwfj.jpg[] The remnants of ancient wars. https://i.imgur.com/1JrNx8k.jpg[] This place and those creatures. https://i.imgur.com/hG1HOPi.jpg[] Big stone people. https://i.imgur.com/4bjS2u5.jpg[] Fucking dragons. Lots and lots of fucking dragons. And according to Irelia, I believe, Ionia has over **300** species of _talking_ dragons. There are so many things you could explore, but you're just going to throw _another_ invasion at Ionia? Boring.
Those are some areas I would be more than willing to explore in an adventure/roleplaying game. The setting is given with those spectacular shots, fulling it with content shouldn't be a problem either. Even if Riot'll never release an MMO game I hope they won't let their established world go to rot and create a game in another genre, even singleplayer.
: I just hope he's the big baddie of League of Legends, kind of like how Thanos is the main antagonist of Marvel (or at least, The Avengers). Have Ryze be the guy trying to stop him from collecting all the special runes /artifacts too.
The main baddie of lore is probably The Void God. It has been hinted pretty much everywhere in the Celestials lore that something is hiding in the Void creating those monstrosities and spawning them into Runaterra but it still remains a mystery who or what is it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Àzír,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Awn7ddhj,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-20T22:28:39.887+0000) > > Itll never happen. The company that bought out riot owns an mmo already first rule of business is dont create your own competitor You do know the company that owns shares into RIOT owns shares in Activision and many other game/ MMO companies right?
And they own countless Asian Mobile MOBAs and MMOs. What's even your point? Currently Tencent only owns Asian MMO franchises, so a Western iteration would be a clever way to break to the market and make some money.
: If they make an MMO, they need to avoid doing what every other MMO does. Which is garbage combat mechanics. Enough with the ground targeting abilities and swinging at targets that don't react to melee weapons upon impact. It is time for an MMO to have a Dark Souls style combat mechanics but have the overall movement more closely resemble Assassin's Creed. I am so sick of every MMO's combat copying each other. It was never good.
Have you heard about the MMO Ashen? It's literally a Souls game reimagined in an MMO world with stylised graphics. Definitely is worth checking out.
: Jax was not transformed by the Void. I see that misinformation all the time here. He is most likely a non-human. Malzahar and Kai'sa aside, Void contamination doesn't give super powers or confer longevity. They are 2 anomalies out of millions of victims. The Void unmakes you. It's eating away at Kassadin and his deterioration is only slowed by the contraptions he wears. Vel'Koz isn't a Watcher, but thankfully that misconception should pretty much be gone with his lore update. Ryze didn't fight a Watcher in the Call to Power cinematic. The creature in the ice was a Voidborn sent by the Watchers. And though it isn't related to a specific champion I see this one occasionally; the demons of Runeterra are not defined by the Christian seven deadly sins. "Evelynn = Lust, Tahm Kench = Gluttony", etc.
Actually, you can't blame others for believing in the last one. So far there is only 4 confirmed demon entities and they line up perfectly with the Seven Deadly Sins: Nocturne - Sloth (pretty straightforward keeping in mind his new lore) Fiddlestick - Greed (again, his lore is self-explanatory) Evelynn - Lust Tham Kench - Gluttony If you'd like to bust this misconception you need more demon champions, who actually go against this scheme. So, as long as every demon champion line up perfectly with the Seven Deadly Sins thematics you can't blame others for believing in it.
  Rioter Comments
strut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dyromic,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mXJaokuw,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-08-12T21:20:24.898+0000) > > First and foremost, I gotta admit it's quite refreshing to see a fellow Hungarian here, so cheers ^^ > > Second, I have to give you this one, I know this feeling too damn well. Recently in my Plat 4 promos I got queued up with a bunch of Diamonds which is kinda normal, has to be MMR or something. The thing that bothers me is that, the enemy got a Challanger Yasuo on their team alongside some other Diamonds, not a sight to be greeted in you promos I gotta say. We played safe and all and managed to make him feed and baited him several times, we were in an absolute lead then a hyperfed Wukong and Gnar blasted out of the jungle and completely demolished us. Appearantly, our toplaner, who was a Diamond 3 Teemo, was only playing for fun and fed the hell out of them with his run it down top Disco Teemo, so we had no chance. We group up and managed to win some fights, but eventually we lost because Teemo refused to help us out, pushing top all along even when the enemy was destroying our nexus turrets and nexus. What I've learnt from that match is that, trolls are everywhere. Doesn't matter if you are a Silver or a Gold player, unfair matchmaking will make sure to entertain you when you are in a real need of it, for example in your promos ^^ > > But the fact is, this one match shouldn't affect your determination in a negative way, you will surely get gold just have to keep on playing. Good luck with your further games buddy! ^^ Thanks a lot The real problem i have is that i really don't like grinding. It's not that i feel outclassed or outplayed. I usually perform well or at least at an acceptable level. But i cannot stand having to grind out more games than usual because i got a few unfortunately put together teams at the wrong time. Promos probably should be the least "coinflippy" games where your performance matters the most out of all games you play. Instead they have the most volatile outcome of all. Instead of 'Let's see if i'm worthy of ranking up' it's 'Let's see if i'm lucky or have to try again in a few games just because i'm not'. To me it is pointlessly prolonged and an unpredictable grindfest which is kind of a miserable experience. Anyway it's much better to put the frustration in a funny post than an actual complaint like i just did here. So Thanks for the read
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Kalózúr,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mXJaokuw,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2018-08-12T21:34:56.898+0000) > > Thanks a lot > > The real problem i have is that i really don't like grinding. It's not that i feel outclassed or outplayed. I usually perform well or at least at an acceptable level. But i cannot stand having to grind out more games than usual because i got a few unfortunately put together teams at the wrong time. > > Promos probably should be the least "coinflippy" games where your performance matters the most out of all games you play. Instead they have the most volatile outcome of all. Instead of 'Let's see if i'm worthy of ranking up' it's 'Let's see if i'm lucky or have to try again in a few games just because i'm not'. To me it is pointlessly prolonged and an unpredictable grindfest which is kind of a miserable experience. > > Anyway it's much better to put the frustration in a funny post than an actual complaint like i just did here. So Thanks for the read That used to be my problem with ranked too but after getting a reliable duo partner games got enjoyable so it's not a drag for me anymore. Yeah, promos are usually a gamble especially in lower elos but they will surely get better. My most enjoyable games so far were in gold where both of the teams had competent players with the intention of winning and not just messing around, I hope you will also experience such games when you are there. Most newbies are sorted out by the time you achieve gold, so the only obnoxious things remaining to be dealt with will be toxic players and trolls but thats not a big deal honestly.
strut (EUNE)
: A special thanks to Riot Games
First and foremost, I gotta admit it's quite refreshing to see a fellow Hungarian here, so cheers ^^ Second, I have to give you this one, I know this feeling too damn well. Recently in my Plat 4 promos I got queued up with a bunch of Diamonds which is kinda normal, has to be MMR or something. The thing that bothers me is that, the enemy got a Challanger Yasuo on their team alongside some other Diamonds, not a sight to be greeted in you promos I gotta say. We played safe and all and managed to make him feed and baited him several times, we were in an absolute lead then a hyperfed Wukong and Gnar blasted out of the jungle and completely demolished us. Apparently, our toplaner, who was a Diamond 3 Teemo, was only playing for fun and fed the hell out of them with his run it down top Disco Teemo, so we had no chance. We grouped up and managed to win some fights, but eventually we lost because Teemo refused to help us out, pushing top all along even when the enemy was destroying our nexus turrets and nexus. What I've learnt from that match is that, trolls are everywhere. Doesn't matter if you are a Silver or a Gold player, unfair matchmaking will make sure to entertain you when you are in a real need of it, for example in your promos ^^ But the fact is, this one match shouldn't affect your determination in a negative way, you will surely get gold just have to keep on playing. Good luck with your further games buddy! ^^
: Next Champion Hint?
This could be just a little thingy celebrating inktober. Not sure if I'm right, tho.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Due to your callous abandonment of her, she is in shock. You monster.
> [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=k49xE7l1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-03T19:15:15.805+0000) > > Due to your callous abandonment of her, she is in shock. > > You monster. The elders say that if you love someone you should let her go
Rioter Comments
Show more

Dyromic

Level 136 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion