Rioter Comments
: Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. That's a fact for you.
> [{quoted}](name=Mal the Red,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-25T20:36:53.512+0000) > > Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. > > That's a fact for you. That "fact" is completely irrelevant to your argument. Correct me if I'm wrong, you're stating that if there is a flamer on your team, you are less likely to win regardless of whether you mute him or not, but I've yet to hear a single reason for why you think so. If everyone mutes a flamer and he's literally talking to himself in chat, everyone else will be able to perform the best they can. Maybe even the flamer will realise that he's making a fool out of himself since nobody is taking the bait and stop typing.
: Can I AFK if my team is toxic ?
You can go afk for whatever reason you want. As long as you aren't going afk every single day and play out the leaverbuster games it's very unlikely the system will catch on and trigger manual review.
koshkyra (NA)
: On the verge of quittng because of how toxic this playerbase is.
What do you think will happen if you get reported for toxicity in a game where you never typed anything? I don't understand why this upsets people.
èvañ (NA)
: I was permanently banned?
Afraid you won't be getting your account back. No harm in trying your luck with player support to get your account back. Do update this thread if it does work out, I would very much like to get some of my own banned accounts back.
Caylera (NA)
: Even worse is when a teammate flames you the entire game and your best friend of 15 years honors said teammate... I was livid.
> [{quoted}](name=Celyridor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-25T00:42:08.650+0000) > > Even worse is when a teammate flames you the entire game and your best friend of 15 years honors said teammate... > > I was livid. I do this to my duo all the time for banter. If your friend does this unironically, then perhaps you've made some poor choices in life.
: >It's ultimately your decision. He has his opinion, you have yours, everyone else has theirs. You asked if one would honour the person who was positive but went 0/4 instead of the toxic guy who carried. Ranked or not doesn't matter, so people just simply won't honor someone they deem an asshole.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-24T17:44:26.344+0000) > > He has his opinion, you have yours, everyone else has theirs. > > You asked if one would honour the person who was positive but went 0/4 instead of the toxic guy who carried. Ranked or not doesn't matter, so people just simply won't honor someone they deem an asshole. I was just explaining why someone might want to honour a toxic person (even though the messages he provided are not even toxic, they're kind of funny), since OP was so flustered how a toxic person can be "the most honourable". A very important title indeed.
: Isn't that why one of the honor options is "Stayed Cool"?
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-06-24T15:44:05.362+0000) > > Isn't that why one of the honor options is "Stayed Cool"? Yes. I'm not saying don't honour kind people who play badly. It's ultimately your decision. But OP is saying that just because someone is toxic they don't deserve to be honoured.
: Toxic behavior, even if muted, still directly effects other players chances at success. It makes the enemy team more likely to win, and their allied team more likely to lose. If muting players solved all problems, they wouldn't need to ban or chat restrict people, would they?
> [{quoted}](name=Mal the Red,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-24T15:39:14.770+0000) > > Toxic behavior, even if muted, still directly effects other players chances at success. > > It makes the enemy team more likely to win, and their allied team more likely to lose. > > If muting players solved all problems, they wouldn't need to ban or chat restrict people, would they? How does toxic behaviour affect your chance of success? If you mute everyone at the start of every game, you won't EVER encounter toxicity in the in game chat, this is a fact. Of course someone might be toxic in their gameplay, but I would call that trolling.
: I get the whole 14 day suspension thing sucks
Most people don't think their actions have consequences and are in disbelief when they actually get banned. This is why they take to boards in order to hear from other people that this is a mistake because in their heads, clearly they haven't done anything wrong.
: I have played this game for a long time and I still dont understand the point of flamming your team
I don't understand flaming as much as I don't understand complaining about flaming.
: You can't force someone to not suck. But you also can't stop toxic players from being toxic. Even if you mute them, they're still toxic. And to answer your question... Yes, I would.
> [{quoted}](name=Mal the Red,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EQlri8cz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-24T14:23:34.518+0000) > > You can't force someone to not suck. But you also can't stop toxic players from being toxic. Even if you mute them, they're still toxic. > > And to answer your question... Yes, I would. If you mute them, their toxicity doesn't affect you, whereas their play directly affects you regardless of whether they're good or bad. The honour system is about rewarding people, and if you're playing normal or draft I agree that the most positive person should be rewarded. But in ranked, where your only objective is winning, I think the player who did the best should be rewarded, regardless of how toxic they are.
: "Honorable" Toxic Players.
Would you honour the positive guy who went 0/4 in lane over the toxic person who carried you? You can mute toxic players but you can't force someone to not suck.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

Freshmaker

Level 174 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion