: Riot said that Protobelt is a bit on the weak side
Yes please buff cancerbelt, mobility creep isn't rampant enough and this game isn't trash enough already, keep hammering more nails into it's coffin. Go Riot! You can do it!
Pika Fox (NA)
: Your argument is that its unfair because they have better teamwork, like theres some magical barrier stopping you from using your chat box and pings effectively. Its an entirely level playing field, solo players are just bad in general at actually working as a team. People even think "carrying yourself" is a thing. No, no its not. Either you as a team carry, or you as a team fall.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=000400010002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-20T14:36:27.793+0000) > > Your argument is that its unfair because they have better teamwork, like theres some magical barrier stopping you from using your chat box and pings effectively. > > Its an entirely level playing field, solo players are just bad in general at actually working as a team. People even think "carrying yourself" is a thing. No, no its not. Either you as a team carry, or you as a team fall. Imagine this scenario:: We're going to play golf, you have never swung a golfclub in your life. While I more or less grew up on the tee. We're using the exact same instruments, but still, according to you, I'd have no advantage, so if I beat you to a pulp, which obviously, I would do, it would have been a completely fair match. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Apply a similar scenario to league which is team oriented, one team has loads of experience playing together, knows each others moves by heart, knows how to pick a composition proven to work for it's members and more... one does not. Yet there is no advantage? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Your complete lack of logic and understanding amazes me.
: Was the mastery update good or bad for the game?
Horrible, it made the game far more like dota in terms of how much damage champions do, but things is, champions have extreme manacosts in dota or very high cooldowns and will rarely be able to spamm abilites the way they do in league. Every class seems to literally shits damage since the changes in comparision to their old selves. But the cooldowns and costs of doing have not being raised to compensate, instead, cooldown is now a more common stat than ever. It has lead to the game being snowballier than ever, more unforgiving than ever and despite all this, LCS is still rarely anything but a farmfest the first 15/20 minutes. So I'd say it backfired. Or something like that.
: Wrong on all accounts. According to nearly everything I've found so far, Tencent owns Riot but doesn't tell it how to do shit. Riot has complete control over the game and the creative process, ergo DQ = Riot fuck up, not Tencent. I could be wrong here, but I don't think so. >I'd say noone would care about DQ if people knew how to play better. PROS ARE LITERALLY LEAVING THE GAME IN FAVOR OF THEIR OWN SOLO Q ON THE TOURNAMENT REALM. This statement couldn't be more wrong. In silver and bronze the system is flawed on principle only, statistically there should be no significant change. In gold, you start to see some shit that may/may not impact you depending on how frequently you see it. Plat and up is where it starts to become a real issue, and when you get to high elo (diamond and up), DQ cripples matchmaking, queue times, AND role selection in one fell swoop. The tendency is this: the better you get, the more pissed off you will be about DQ. Unless, of course, you are boosting with a premade. >Remember SoloOQ threads? "Rito, this matchmaking, fuck you!" Entirely different complaint. People were complaining about matchmaking. I don't fully understand why, granted, there were of course some issues but not anything to worth whining about. This, however, is an issue with unfair matchmaking, a very unlevel playing field (premades have a massive advantage) and at higher levels, also an issue with queue times. The three things that pretty much determine how good the ranked experience is are all shit (and they get worse as you go higher, which is the opposite of a good ranked system). >Ranked has never been competitive for 90% of the noobs that play this game so they should just shut the fuck up and get good. They don't have a right to an opinion outside of the "fun" factors of the game which is not the competitive atmosphere below high-Plat or higher in some regions. Single most bigoted thing I've read on these forums. "They don't have a right to an opinion?" Oh my God you are an ass. Are you really shit elitist about a video game??? Not to mention, wrong again. You don't have to be fuckin professional to be competitive. To be competitive simply means that you are playing to win, not just to have fun. Anyone can be competitive regardless of skill level. It's a mentality, not a ranked bracket. And ranked is by definition competitive at all levels.
> [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=000300000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-19T10:01:21.787+0000) > > Wrong on all accounts. > > According to nearly everything I've found so far, Tencent owns Riot but doesn't tell it how to do shit. Riot has complete control over the game and the creative process, ergo DQ = Riot fuck up, not Tencent. I could be wrong here, but I don't think so. > > PROS ARE LITERALLY LEAVING THE GAME IN FAVOR OF THEIR OWN SOLO Q ON THE TOURNAMENT REALM. This statement couldn't be more wrong. In silver and bronze the system is flawed on principle only, statistically there should be no significant change. In gold, you start to see some shit that may/may not impact you depending on how frequently you see it. Plat and up is where it starts to become a real issue, and when you get to high elo (diamond and up), DQ cripples matchmaking, queue times, AND role selection in one fell swoop. The tendency is this: the better you get, the more pissed off you will be about DQ. Unless, of course, you are boosting with a premade. > > Entirely different complaint. People were complaining about matchmaking. I don't fully understand why, granted, there were of course some issues but not anything to worth whining about. This, however, is an issue with unfair matchmaking, a very unlevel playing field (premades have a massive advantage) and at higher levels, also an issue with queue times. The three things that pretty much determine how good the ranked experience is are all shit (and they get worse as you go higher, which is the opposite of a good ranked system). > > Single most bigoted thing I've read on these forums. "They don't have a right to an opinion?" Oh my God you are an ass. Are you really shit elitist about a video game??? Not to mention, wrong again. You don't have to be fuckin professional to be competitive. To be competitive simply means that you are playing to win, not just to have fun. Anyone can be competitive regardless of skill level. It's a mentality, not a ranked bracket. And ranked is by definition competitive at all levels. Ironically, the main issue with solo/duo Q and the thing people complained the most about, was the ability to duo, this is why Riot promised us a proper solo Q but never delivered on it. Honestly, it's so stupid, people complained about the ability to premake and what does Riot do, base their entire new system of premaking. Because logic. /s
Pika Fox (NA)
: Except that literally is your argument. Your arguments are always "They are better as a team than me, thats not fair".
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=0004000100020000000000010000,timestamp=2016-06-19T04:35:44.823+0000) > > Except that literally is your argument. Your arguments are always "They are better as a team than me, thats not fair". My argument is that dynamic Q utterly fails to provide a level playing field for it's participants. Is it really that unbelievably hard to understand or are you just daft? And here we go with another strawman. Your ability to consistently ignore and divert attention from any and every arguments towards something no one has claimed would make any politician proud. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: Didn't know if you just started this season or something :/ there is no guarantee that soloQ will fix this issue, as the issue could very well be champ select. they are trying to make queue times less astronomical. Personally i think that only knowing and practicing two roles is a bad idea, and i try to practice all of the roles all the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kNzsiLeF,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-17T22:52:36.729+0000) > > Didn't know if you just started this season or something :/ > > there is no guarantee that soloQ will fix this issue, as the issue could very well be champ select. they are trying to make queue times less astronomical. Personally i think that only knowing and practicing two roles is a bad idea, and i try to practice all of the roles all the time. If that's the case then Riot might as well get rid of the new champ select. The old champion select promoted learning to play all roles at least to the degree that you don't autofeed when not playing your main role. The new one does NOT. That's why this move is both contradictory, hypocritical and breaks DQ even more than it's already broken.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Apparently it is, because all the complaints about DQ are "Omg, they actually have teamwork, teamwork OP".
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=00040001000200000000,timestamp=2016-06-18T05:17:54.034+0000) > > Apparently it is, because all the complaints about DQ are "Omg, they actually have teamwork, teamwork OP". Maybe it's time to reconsider your opinions if you can't defend them without resorting to straw man and red herring fallacies? "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent." "Red herring is a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue." Just saying.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Youre saying that an individual can carry in LoL. Im saying no, your individual skill matters, but you arent going to go and 1v5 the enemy team and win. If your team cant pull their own weight, it doesnt matter how good you are, you arent going to be up 1 kills, 5000 CS, and suddenly 1v5.
> [{quoted}](name=Wumachine,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=00040001000000000000000000000000000000040000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-18T05:10:30.988+0000) > > Are you fucking joking kid? You really think one person of challenger rank is unable to solo carry a bronze game? You are actually the dumbest person I've ever had the misfortune of talking to. You don't even need to be a master/challenger player to do so, you can be low-mid plat and still singlehandedly consistently wreck bronze/silver games without any considerable effort, heck even high gold can literally wreck bronze/silver games. The gap in mechanical skill, teamplay and strategic sense is just that large. Not according to Pika however, it's all just "variance". So since variance is such a dominant factor, and matches are hardly more than a coinflip, DQ is valid. -.- Or whatever other nonsensical argument... /s
: Then don't let people queue up unless they're in teams of 3 for Twisted Treeline or 5 for Summoner's Rift. Just take out Solo Queue entirely if they want to get rid of it so badly instead of leaving a messy half and half system.
> [{quoted}](name=Blanchimont,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=001d000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-17T20:45:04.225+0000) > > Then don't let people queue up unless they're in teams of 3 for Twisted Treeline or 5 for Summoner's Rift. Just take out Solo Queue entirely if they want to get rid of it so badly instead of leaving a messy half and half system. Agreed, at least then we could call the ranked system consistent and fair. Something Riot hardly can claim about DQ as is. Though personaly I'd still settle for just giving solo's the option to opt out of playing with and against premades and a solo player badge. If some solo players don't mind or even like DQ, fine, let them keep it, but don't force those of us who don't want to be fodder for their random, unfair and chaotic games.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2016-06-17T05:44:00.546+0000) > > Except it did. Your rank showed your individual skill and capability to work as a team with 4 other random people. > > It was an equal playing field to everyone. > > Now however, the presence of premades makes it unfair for the solo players and make their individual input carry a lot less weight. Solo player here. Doesn't bother me at all.
> [{quoted}](name=DrinkMoreWhiskey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=000400010001,timestamp=2016-06-17T20:12:24.006+0000) > > Solo player here. Doesn't bother me at all. Good, then you and people who feel like you can volunteer to fill premade teams since it doesn't bother you, while us solo players that want a proper solo Q experience get what we want. A checkbox to allow/disallow premades is all that's needed and a badge to confirm our solo player status, problem solved everyone's happy.
Pika Fox (NA)
: "Point is, you'll never see a plat player stuck in silver after 200 games" Thats not how statistics work. While 200 games is certainly better than 5 games for a sample size, its entirely possible for that to happen. Hypothetically its entirely possible for a challenger player to be bronze 5 after 1000 games. Statistically unlikely, but possible.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=000400010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-17T08:08:24.019+0000) > > "Point is, you'll never see a plat player stuck in silver after 200 games" Thats not how statistics work. While 200 games is certainly better than 5 games for a sample size, its entirely possible for that to happen. Hypothetically its entirely possible for a challenger player to be bronze 5 after 1000 games. Statistically unlikely, but possible. I'm pretty sure about I'm low plat to mid plat in skill (depending on server) and I placed directly in gold 3, because I focused hard on winning my placement matches despite the ridiculously unfair matchups DQ served on my platter (check my ranked match history if you don't believe me). Me and my brother are pretty much identical in skill and he climbed from bronze 3 to gold in less than a hundred games, despite playing solo, the only way he would have stayed stuck in silver is if he had the intent to stay there and wasn't really trying to climb. You seem think the difference between us and you is variance and this somehow legitimizes mixing Q's. You're wrong.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Ranked 5s requires you to have a group of people always on to play ranked. And i dont mean just 5 friends, 5 people from a small list of players. DQ allows you to just queue up with any number of friends at any time. Solo Queue forces you to queue up solo, which makes 0 sense for a team game, especially one where most people who play the game at all do so with friends in the first place.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=00040001000000020000,timestamp=2016-06-17T06:56:09.089+0000) > > Ranked 5s requires you to have a group of people always on to play ranked. And i dont mean just 5 friends, 5 people from a small list of players. > > DQ allows you to just queue up with any number of friends at any time. > > Solo Queue forces you to queue up solo, which makes 0 sense for a team game, especially one where most people who play the game at all do so with friends in the first place. Saying that playing with friends makes this more of a competitive game lacks substance and it's doesn't promote playing better as a team, it promotes playing better with your premade teammates as they are the only constants in your games. Also, DQ seems to be horrible at actually providing mirror matches for players, where players of similar skill and similar team configuration play against each other. Thus the game tends to generally be decided by the team with premades or the team with better/larger premades, how is that fair again? Having a teamoriented mindset can be just as rewarding in solo Q as it is in DQ if not even more so, most supports often display a great teamplaying sense regardless if they are premade or not. I don't understand why you claim? this is somehow unique to premades. The advantage of premades isn't having higher team-sense or teamplayer mentality, because they generally don't, the advantage of premades is that they know exacly what to expect from each other and that's something solo players will rarely be able to overcome in a single game, that's why Solo and DQ needs to be separated. Solo Q makes perfect sense competitively because every one is playing on a level playing field, if you're a great teamplayer you will be rewarded for it, if you have great mechanics you will be rewarded for it, if you have great strategical sense you will be rewarded for it, no matter what you're good at in the game you get rewarded for it and if you're good at many things you get highly rewarded for it. DQ primarily rewards you for riding on your premade teammates backs and rewards them for riding on yours and playing field is rarely level, how does that makes sense for a team oriented game? True Solo Q (without duos) and Full Stack 5v5 should be the way to go.
Pika Fox (NA)
: They usually play 1000s of games a season, which both enforces them having higher skill overall through sheer number of games played, and allows them to get more accurately where their skill level is reflected. Most people dont play 1000s of games/season. And if you dont have 1000s of games played, your MMR/Division means relatively little. Its not accurate, at all. Theres no real way to tell if you got there because of you, your team, or random chance.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=00040001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-17T06:31:50.825+0000) > > They usually play 1000s of games a season, which both enforces them having higher skill overall through sheer number of games played, and allows them to get more accurately where their skill level is reflected. > > Most people dont play 1000s of games/season. > > And if you dont have 1000s of games played, your MMR/Division means relatively little. Its not accurate, at all. Theres no real way to tell if you got there because of you, your team, or random chance. Well, it didn't take the system long to figure out you do not belong above silver (I'd personally wager you belong lower, no offense, op.gg OP), despite a low sample of games. I think you're overexagarating, high skill players can climb the ladder fairly quickly without the need to grind 100's or 1000's of games, regardless of scenario.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Your rank has never been indicative of your individual skill. Its a 5 person team game, the only time this statement could ever be true is when you have played an infinite number of games. Thats how statistics work. Also, the game isnt a solo game. Solo players either need to learn better teamwork, or suffer as a result. This has always been true, and why you dont see 5 man solo teams in the LCS. You *need* teamwork.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85Aqu1AA,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2016-06-17T05:47:42.737+0000) > > Your rank has never been indicative of your individual skill. Its a 5 person team game, the only time this statement could ever be true is when you have played an infinite number of games. Thats how statistics work. > > Also, the game isnt a solo game. Solo players either need to learn better teamwork, or suffer as a result. This has always been true, and why you dont see 5 man solo teams in the LCS. You *need* teamwork. Ya, it's a "teamgame" so let's remove ranked 5's for the top echelon. ;) If teamplay was truely as vital as you claim, ranked 5's "full stack" would be the only way to play ranked as it's the only way to truely gauge the complete competence of a team. I personally can't understand the lack of logic one must posses to believe there is anything competitive about mixing Q's. Solos and premades rely on different skillsets to different degrees to achieve success in ranked. You talk about getting better at teamplay, but how do you get better at coordinating with your temporary team than premades who've already had dozens of games played together and understand each others playstyles, comfort picks, strenghts and weaknessess, during the duration of a single game? I think it's fair to say that the system is completely bonkers.
: Should be completely fine in lane, he's only really losing the 4/3/2/1/0% attack speed.
> [{quoted}](name=TheThundersRoar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xryNiPEp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-15T06:45:11.836+0000) > > Should be completely fine in lane, he's only really losing the 4/3/2/1/0% attack speed. His pre- bans cinder waveclear is horrendous already, sure he can waveclear if he expends mana, but his mana pool is small and so is it's regen. Also, multiply that number by 3 after all, it's three stacks. 12% might not seem like much but makes a hell of a difference against champs that like to shove him under turret. These changes only serve to delay his jungle ganks, but do nothing to curb their potency. Also, he's sitting around 47-48% in toplane, which is pretty bad considering his straight forward kit. Compare that to Darius who's almost at 53%. I guess I'll just have to accept that their bear is destined for the jungle.
JerulEon (NA)
: Is he really pick or ban? Never happens in my games. Also what nerfs?
> [{quoted}](name=JerulEon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0lTRUvlR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-06-15T05:57:07.459+0000) > > Is he really pick or ban? Never happens in my games. Also what nerfs? http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/06/614-pbe-update.html#balance
: I really like these voli nerfs.
Honestly, Voli's power in the jungle stems from his ability to punish overextending laners as he can easely reposition them towards his allies even when they try to escape. This does nothing to curb that power, it will only slightly delay his first gank. However, it will definately hit lane toplane Voli though and he's not doing very hot. I wish they could make the cdr reduction on his W also apply to minions, I don't see why toplane voli needs to get dumpstered just because jungle voli is strong.
Rioter Comments
: Yes, Voli has consistently had one of the highest win rates in the jungle for a while now, despite all the changes around him. He has a very strong early game due to his good clears, strong dueling in the jungle early on (I actually don't know if there is a jungler that can 1v1 Voli in the jungle if the Voli's passive is up), very strong ganks (provides a good mix of damage and crowd control to his ganks, as well as pretty okay mobility to catch the enemy), etc. He technically falls off later, but only in the sense that he's no longer overbearing (heheh...). He's a good front line tank with pretty decent crowd control, okay AOE damage, quite good single target damage, and decent mobility. People seem to like comparing him to juggernauts. All right, let's compare him to juggernauts, namely Darius and Garen. Garen has good mobility and tank steroids for a juggernaut, with Darius having AOE damage and crowd control to help compensate for his shortcomings in those areas. Volibear has all of these things, along with also having an execute on a basic ability (their executes are on their ults), helping him take out a priority target more easily. I don't know why people defend Volibear so much. Statistically he has been overperforming for a while now, but people choose to ignore it because "Hurr, he's a tank so he can't be OP" I guess.
> [{quoted}](name=Memeglaive Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qMfsMAzA,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2016-06-15T00:01:02.488+0000) > > Yes, Voli has consistently had one of the highest win rates in the jungle for a while now, despite all the changes around him. He has a very strong early game due to his good clears, strong dueling in the jungle early on (I actually don't know if there is a jungler that can 1v1 Voli in the jungle if the Voli's passive is up), very strong ganks (provides a good mix of damage and crowd control to his ganks, as well as pretty okay mobility to catch the enemy), etc. He technically falls off later, but only in the sense that he's no longer overbearing (heheh...). He's a good front line tank with pretty decent crowd control, okay AOE damage, quite good single target damage, and decent mobility. People seem to like comparing him to juggernauts. All right, let's compare him to juggernauts, namely Darius and Garen. Garen has good mobility and tank steroids for a juggernaut, with Darius having AOE damage and crowd control to help compensate for his shortcomings in those areas. Volibear has all of these things, along with also having an execute on a basic ability (their executes are on their ults), helping him take out a priority target more easily. > > I don't know why people defend Volibear so much. Statistically he has been overperforming for a while now, but people choose to ignore it because "Hurr, he's a tank so he can't be OP" I guess. That's a flat out unfair way of comparing kits to be honest, both Garen and Darius have strong sustaining mechanisms, Volibear has none outside of his passive, as tank steroids go. Volibear doesn't have any true damage, Garen and Darius both do albeit one alot more than the other, they do not need to land 3 auto attacks to use their executes, Garen doesn't have mana, Garen has a spammable mini-cleanse, Darius gets a free MS boost whenever he hits a champion etc etc. That doesn't mean that Volibear isn't too strong in the jungle, but seeing as his toplane performance is hardly anything to brag about (he's pending between 47-48% top) you can hardly claim it's just his kit or numbers that makes him powerful, because honestly, they aren't that great. Darius is almost at 53% top and Garen is sitting at about 50%. My opinion as to why Voli is so strong in jungle is because of his ganking synery, that is, his ability to flip targets away from safety and towards allies, making his ganks a tier of their own if Voli is good and his opponents overextend, that and the fact that we're in an early game meta where early leads easely can snowball a game out of control, because honestly, aside from very strong ganks, his kit doesn't bring anything special and there's a reason why he's just about never picked in LCS where vision would render him utterly useless.
: Lee Sin can be decent late game... if you are very skilled he can be an assassin thanks to his abilities having in total 480% AD ratio and his passive gives him attack speed so he can possibly get in some auto attacks as well If not he can be great distraction with all of his mobility and with his ult he has some amazing utility which can be used to peel or to put an enemy so out of position that they will most likely die (doing so might kill Lee Sin as well but that is probably a worthy trade? and with his mobility Lee Sin might just be able to get away)
> [{quoted}](name=Champion Skin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qMfsMAzA,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2016-06-14T23:48:12.689+0000) > > Lee Sin can be decent late game... if you are very skilled he can be an assassin thanks to his abilities having in total 480% AD ratio and his passive gives him attack speed so he can possibly get in some auto attacks as well > > If not he can be great distraction with all of his mobility and with his ult he has some amazing utility which can be used to peel or to put an enemy so out of position that they will most likely die (doing so might kill Lee Sin as well but that is probably a worthy trade? and with his mobility Lee Sin might just be able to get away) I agree with his numbers scaling very well into lategame, as thus he will be a strong dueler/skirmisher regardless of what stage the game is in, depending on build. However, as cc becomes more rampant as the game progresses, thanks to cdr, larger mana pools etc, and teams group up, he has a harder time pulling those kind of plays. What I mean is that although his numbers scale very well, his mechanics doesn't. That's how I feel about him at least.
: If your winrate is high, you're likely not where you're supposed to be.
> [{quoted}](name=LatetotheRace,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=70Rvsn0y,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-06-14T17:57:20.391+0000) > > If your winrate is high, you're likely not where you're supposed to be. That's why this ranked system is so weird, it starts punishing players with above avarage/high winrate before they even reach to the rank where they bélong. I haven't even played 15 ranked games this season and already I'm noticing some extreme irregularities in matchmaking, like being matched into a game where 2 opponents are plat, with a team that has 1 silver and 1 unranked (with only 1 game played) while the rest of the participating players are gold. I get large LP gains when my team wins these games and lose little if I lose, but if the gap between my opponents and my team becomes too large no LP gains will be enough as I won't be able to win games consistently, seeing as I'm not a challenger player who can carry against all odds, heck, I'm not even plat.
: No, because a person should be allowed to queue with just one, or two, or three other people. They shouldn't be forced to either play alone or play with four others. Additionally, if a person wants to play with and/or against premades, that person should be allowed to do so.
> [{quoted}](name=Azuredragon6532,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8tXHpFTI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-06-14T14:22:37.307+0000) > > No, because a person should be allowed to queue with just one, or two, or three other people. They shouldn't be forced to either play alone or play with four others. Additionally, if a person wants to play with and/or against premades, that person should be allowed to do so. I'm pretty sure TS only means for ranked games, you would probably still be able to do that outside of ranked. As for premaking and mixing Q's in ranked games, anyone but a fool would understand that it's an unsustainable idea and honestly, the integrity of ranked should take priority over people being allowed to play ranked for maximum fun. Ranked isn't about fun, it's about trying hard and winning, it's also about playing on a level playing field to see who truely deserves to win each game. Dynamic ranked just dumpsters everything competitive about it.
: Volibear too strong?
He thrives of the lack of coordination. His high winrates stems solely from his jungle performance, his top winrate is subpar, especially for a champion with such a straightforward kit. My suggestion would be to cut the cooldown reduction on his W for using it on a jungle monsters to 25% from 50% and allow that 25% to apply to lane minions as well helping his toplane performance a little, the problem is that this would only hurt his clearing speed, which isn't really his strong suit to begin with but it would definately hurt him in the jungle early and probably delay his build somewhat, given he doesn't get alot of early successfull ganks, which, to be honest, you shouldn't be giving him. Voli is alot like Lee Sin, his early game ganks are incredibly strong and so is his passive, but he falls of pretty hard come lategame when supports and mages can spam their cc (voli has short range and fairly long cooldown on his spells so stuffing him turns him into little more than a glorified soak for a while) thx to cdr, natural cooldown reduction and larger mana pool.
: Graves is a melee champion, for all intents and purposes. His burst could use a little bit of nerfing, but he should be on par with light fighters like Riven, damage wise.
> [{quoted}](name=Crewx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7LEE7Mv9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-23T01:33:04.569+0000) > > Graves is a melee champion, for all intents and purposes. > > His burst could use a little bit of nerfing, but he should be on par with light fighters like Riven, damage wise. Then turn him into A PROPER FUCKING MELEE CHAMPION, MELEE CHAMPIONS DO NOT SHOOT FROM RANGAH?SG(J`H!)B#V=UGK!LEWGQO MJH&* ^d
: Meanwhile, Mordekaiser
> [{quoted}](name=Reaper Review,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7LEE7Mv9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-23T01:28:07.736+0000) > > Meanwhile, Mordekaiser Yeah, but who gives a fuck about poor Mordekaiser, fucking Riot sure definately doesn't.
GlockHammer (EUNE)
: 340 MS on Graves?
Fuck it, I'm done witt top lane, leave that to other people who are masochistic.
Nahui (NA)
: He's basically melee.
> [{quoted}](name=Pojalsta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7LEE7Mv9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-23T01:23:47.965+0000) > > He's basically melee. He's fucking cancer, I hope however brought this shit to the top lane dies screaming.
Rioter Comments
magee101 (NA)
: Wanna know the best counter I've found to Quinn top? Malphite.... no shit, you just build armor not health. Her passive procs are based on health. Once I got my chain vest, ninja tabi and another cloth, she literally couldn't stop me from farming. Sure I couldn't kill her, but farming was fucking easy pretty early. Yes top lane Quinn sucks fucking balls (I have seen it in nearly every game since she went f2p this last week), but a good way to go against her also is a top lane syndra, yes the queen of balls shuts down the bird bitch. It takes an understanding team to do it, but if you swap up the mid/top champs and build a slightly tanky syndra it's really hilarious what happens to her (spoiler, balls hurt more than birds)
> [{quoted}](name=magee101,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKE51ABA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-03-23T00:25:28.654+0000) > > Wanna know the best counter I've found to Quinn top? Malphite.... no shit, you just build armor not health. Her passive procs are based on health. Once I got my chain vest, ninja tabi and another cloth, she literally couldn't stop me from farming. Sure I couldn't kill her, but farming was fucking easy pretty early. Yes top lane Quinn sucks fucking balls (I have seen it in nearly every game since she went f2p this last week), but a good way to go against her also is a top lane syndra, yes the queen of balls shuts down the bird bitch. It takes an understanding team to do it, but if you swap up the mid/top champs and build a slightly tanky syndra it's really hilarious what happens to her (spoiler, balls hurt more than birds) Actually, Quinn has great winrates even in mid lane, so to send your AP carry against her might now be the best idea. Ergo, what if my mid didn't pick Syndra?
: Are you actually saying that Leblanc is faceroll? Because that's ridiculous. Winning lane against baddies is faceroll maybe. Actually winning games on Leblanc takes quite a bit of skill and practice. She has one of the steepest mastery curves in the game for a reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZVIhkhWv,comment-id=000600020000,timestamp=2016-03-23T00:25:12.086+0000) > > Are you actually saying that Leblanc is faceroll? Because that's ridiculous. Winning lane against baddies is faceroll maybe. Actually winning games on Leblanc takes quite a bit of skill and practice. She has one of the steepest mastery curves in the game for a reason. She used to have a steep learning curve as in previous seasons, she would often need to land chains to lock down that solo kill to be able to snowball, in current stack damage meta it's Q-W-R byebye, you can't seriously be saying that requires skill?
: > [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZVIhkhWv,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-03-23T00:07:46.366+0000) > > Oh no, people's brainless, extremely low counterplay ball of stats champion is getting nerfed? That's tragic. I agree, Rammus is pretty BS man. A tank should never be putting out the kind of damage that Rammus does. I don't find marksman to be as problematic as they were earlier in the season.* The problem right now is again, tanks are doing massive amounts of damage and fighters are being played like tanks. It's a mess for anyone not playing a tank or a fighter, please stop encouraging that. There are those of us who aren't ADC, tank, or fighter, and we want you all to just go away because you're causing this game to be broken. *{{champion:133}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:133}}
> [{quoted}](name=Chaton,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZVIhkhWv,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2016-03-23T00:15:07.378+0000) > > I agree, Rammus is pretty BS man. > > A tank should never be putting out the kind of damage that Rammus does. I don't find marksman to be as problematic as they were earlier in the season.* > > The problem right now is again, tanks are doing massive amounts of damage and fighters are being played like tanks. It's a mess for anyone not playing a tank or a fighter, please stop encouraging that. There are those of us who aren't ADC, tank, or fighter, and we want you all to just go away because you're causing this game to be broken. > > *{{champion:133}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:133}} What is it you're trying to say? That Quinn isn't broken enough?
: Keep buffing Ekko Riot
Butbut! Muh flashy LCS Bigplay$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GlockHammer (EUNE)
: I just.
I honestly believe she would be perfectly balanced if she didn't get the free AS/MS passive from Heightened Senses, then she would actually have windows of weakness.
Aarn13 (NA)
: Then you played a champion that has literally any ability to chase her down and you destroyed her ability to counter-play? Cool story, bro, enjoy her needless nerfs = )
> [{quoted}](name=Aarn13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKE51ABA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-22T23:25:40.006+0000) > > Then you played a champion that has literally any ability to chase her down and you destroyed her ability to counter-play? Cool story, bro, enjoy her needless nerfs = ) And who would that be? Heightened Senses (W) PASSIVE: Vulnerable target grants Quinn bonus attack speed and movement speed for 2 seconds. BONUS SPEED: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% ACTIVE: Quinn orders Valor Valor to Sight icon reveal the area around her for 2 seconds. How do you chase someone who get's massive attack AND movement speed, for Vaulting, random passive proc AND Blind Assault? Especially when Vault also mini-stuns and slows you. She is literally more or less built to stuff engages by anyone not ranged. But yeah, keep defending your oppressive freelo whore. After all, even shit players must have champs that can carry their assess.
GlockHammer (EUNE)
: I just.
The problem is the synergy in her kit, she get's free extra movement speed, attack speed and passive proc for hiting point and click abilites like Vault, while having the same mechanism on her easy to hit Q, she can literally double and tripple proc you for incredible damage from a very safe distance. Makes engaging on her utterly pointless. By the time you do reach her you'll be dead. I'd have some understand if she took some remote resemblance of skill to make these plays, but she's more or less point and click and get's massively rewarded for it. Can't wait for the next time I lose a game in champion select because I refuse to main FoTY top cancer. I'll be so fun to sit under my tower until she pushes it down or kills me under it because I've been starved from not being able to do anything. Yaaay! Also can't wait for the slap on the wrist that will do absolutely nothing to curb her oppressiveness since it doesn't derive from cooldowns or numbers but from broken mechanisms.
Rioter Comments
: Is Janna overpowered
I think her Q needs a slight cooldown increase, being able to stuff engages is good, being able to singlehandedly stuff chases by spamming it is not, it makes her incredibly oppressive when her team gets a slight lead as you will almost never catch up to those 50 hp carries that just wrecked half your team. Otherwise I have no issue with her.
: It takes 10x more skill to play AGAINST Fiora than it takes to play AS Fiora
No numbers nerf will be able to balance her without making her useless, especially considering the toxic mechanics that her kit inhibit. She simply needs another rework, preferably one that will make her more true to the original Fiora.
Akenero (NA)
: She was MUCH worse for new players. Her parry was instant cast, she got a second lunge for free, and her ult made her untargetable. Also her e gave her massive stat boosts.
> [{quoted}](name=Akenero,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EtAgG6Pf,comment-id=000500000002,timestamp=2016-03-22T18:54:31.954+0000) > > She was MUCH worse for new players. > Her parry was instant cast, she got a second lunge for free, and her ult made her untargetable. > > Also her e gave her massive stat boosts. I never found the old Fiora half as obnoxius to deal with as the new one. She did primarily AD damage so itemizing against her was also fairly simple. Also, she was forced to commit if she wanted to do anything, new Fiora just jumps around at will dodging skillshots with her Q while eating everything that is a threat with her W. The silly minigame only serves to push you away from CS whenever it's facing her otherwise she wins every trade for free. 3 seconds in a bush might not seem like alot of time to reset it, but rack up all the times you have to do it to mitigate it's threat and you'll be losing out on a lot of cs or eating alot of free damage while sustaining her. This makes her extremely toxic as she already outscales alot of champions and should not have mechanics that deny other champs from scaling with her. Hyperscaling champs should not also be lane-bullies.
: Keep buffing Ekko Riot
bruiser build = squishy by rito logic anyway.
: ...What happened to your keyboard near the end there.
> [{quoted}](name=charcharmunro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zIWFrkIA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-03-22T11:07:40.522+0000) > > ...What happened to your keyboard near the end there. Susan = Nasus, I think you'll figure out the rest. ;)
: Has the Aurelion Sol hype died already?
I just don't care. His lore seems cool enough, his teaser was epic. But season 6 with Dynamic Qancer has just felt so incredlby lackluster my general gaming mode when playing LoL = Meh. If I win I meh, if I lose I meh. Game doesn't feel exciting anymore, it more often than not feels like matches are won in champion select so playing them out is just a waste of time. I don't think Sols release will change that. Soloooo Q, where are you?!!!
: Why Do We Get No Gold From Killing Voidspawn?
Considering the spawn rate, giving 5 gold per unit would be too much imo, but why not at least 1 gold, if not 2 or 3? At least something to not make ZZ'rot the obligatory goto item when Susan si gnikat a pan.
: Retirement Post: I cannot get myself to play League passionately again
Best of wishes to you brother. Sad to see a playa go, but a manzgadadoo what a manzgadadoo.
: What I meant by that is that I am pretty sure that if you are in a higher ELO this isn't so much of a problem. Another example like this would be someone trying to tank tower at level 1 with his team to try and get an early mid tower. Perhaps that is a bit of an exaggeration but it's something you would not see in Gold or Plat. I don't mean to say that "I'm stuck in elo hell and I'm never gonna get out", rather "There are just gonna be some games that I cannot win, and this tends to apply to low ELO only". Maybe they are the same thing, but I find them to be a bit different at the very least.
> [{quoted}](name=Hello I am Bird,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0lcburPv,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T17:02:59.939+0000) > > What I meant by that is that I am pretty sure that if you are in a higher ELO this isn't so much of a problem. > Another example like this would be someone trying to tank tower at level 1 with his team to try and get an early mid tower. Perhaps that is a bit of an exaggeration but it's something you would not see in Gold or Plat. > > I don't mean to say that "I'm stuck in elo hell and I'm never gonna get out", rather "There are just gonna be some games that I cannot win, and this tends to apply to low ELO only". Maybe they are the same thing, but I find them to be a bit different at the very least. Sorry to let you down, but throwing/misplaying is a problem that goes all the way up to challenger, I'm a gold 1 player and people in my division/league throw all the time.
67chrome (NA)
: > Instead of whining about it, I just want to know the thought process behind it. Why does he have a double critical chance for a passive, in the first place? Probably has to do with a few reasons. First and foremost: a lot of pure-offense melee champions are just really good at killing towers and kind of terrible at team-fighting, which has historically religated champions like {{champion:23}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:107}} to doing nothing beyond back-dooring and split-pushing 24/7 due to their melee AA steroids being extreemly solid vs. towers. Towers cannot be critically struck: so having critical strikes as Yasou's core auto-attack steroid prevents him from pushing down towers amazingly well. Secondly: a lot of AA steroids in the AD, AS, or even armor pen, true damage, and magical on-hit effects lead champions to having a really turbulent early-game in regards to power spikes. While champions like Tryndamere are generally thought of as having a weak early game, the raw power he gets from potent AA's at level 1 gives him an exceptionally strong level 1~2, where he falls off pretty hard at level ~5, sees a spike at level 6, and kind of falls off the planet around level ~11 when everyone else is getting ~55 damage per-level in their QWER combo. Yasou's double-crit steroid is a complete non-factor at levels 1~2 and gradually scales in power over the course of a game, allowing Yasou to be more reliable and predictable, as well as have better in-kit damage in QWER forms that allow him to be a relivant factor in early/mid/late game rather than being complete garbage and then switching on to game-breaking overpowered. > My personal opinion, I honestly feel like he could still be strong without it. It breaks the idea of it being critical **CHANCE** if he still has it. Chance isn't a good thing to have in competitive play in large amounts. It's ok to add some excitement and raise the stakes a little, but when chance can win or loose you games it doesn't really favor the training and commitment a competitive game wants it's player base to put in. To much chance, such as the game Candy Land or playing Slot Machines, allows for no display of skill whatsoever. Yasou's crit-chance passive still encourages some degree of chance as Yasou won't have 100% crit chance for the better part of a game, but Yasou landing critical strikes is going to be really reliable and not very luck-based with his high chance of landing a critical hit for the majority of the game as well.
> [{quoted}](name=67chrome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RKAkJ60E,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-21T20:06:49.314+0000) > > Probably has to do with a few reasons. > > First and foremost: a lot of pure-offense melee champions are just really good at killing towers and kind of terrible at team-fighting, which has historically religated champions like {{champion:23}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:107}} to doing nothing beyond back-dooring and split-pushing 24/7 due to their melee AA steroids being extreemly solid vs. towers. > > Towers cannot be critically struck: so having critical strikes as Yasou's core auto-attack steroid prevents him from pushing down towers amazingly well. > > Secondly: a lot of AA steroids in the AD, AS, or even armor pen, true damage, and magical on-hit effects lead champions to having a really turbulent early-game in regards to power spikes. While champions like Tryndamere are generally thought of as having a weak early game, the raw power he gets from potent AA's at level 1 gives him an exceptionally strong level 1~2, where he falls off pretty hard at level ~5, sees a spike at level 6, and kind of falls off the planet around level ~11 when everyone else is getting ~55 damage per-level in their QWER combo. > Yasou's double-crit steroid is a complete non-factor at levels 1~2 and gradually scales in power over the course of a game, allowing Yasou to be more reliable and predictable, as well as have better in-kit damage in QWER forms that allow him to be a relivant factor in early/mid/late game rather than being complete garbage and then switching on to game-breaking overpowered. > > Chance isn't a good thing to have in competitive play in large amounts. > > It's ok to add some excitement and raise the stakes a little, but when chance can win or loose you games it doesn't really favor the training and commitment a competitive game wants it's player base to put in. > To much chance, such as the game Candy Land or playing Slot Machines, allows for no display of skill whatsoever. > > Yasou's crit-chance passive still encourages some degree of chance as Yasou won't have 100% crit chance for the better part of a game, but Yasou landing critical strikes is going to be really reliable and not very luck-based with his high chance of landing a critical hit for the majority of the game as well. My only objection to this is that alot of Yasuos I see ingame rush static shiv and trinity for 100% crit chance or two other items that alone maxes out his crit to 100%, this is kind of obnoxious since these items also make him very very mobile even without using his E. Thus alot of Yasuo's tend to have their 100% crit by the time laning phase is over, thus no longer chance but constant permacrit. Even Tryndamere needs to go a minimum of 3 crit items AND ramp up his passive to get the same ammount of crit that Yasuo get's just from two sole items.
: Is runic echo's worth getting on volibear jungle?
> [{quoted}](name=Tanukihero,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EPOE6RkA,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2016-03-22T07:32:45.674+0000) > > Is runic echo's worth getting on volibear jungle? It's worth trying out at the least, you will do alot more burst damage whith your E, ult and bite and you will be faster. I hover at about 490 MS ramped up when I go MS Quints, RE, Deadmans, Merc threads with swiftness enchancement, so hence, you could easely ramp up over 500 MS if you prefer swifties boots over merc threads. Since I skip the Hulk, I get sunfirecape for more resistance and hp and damage, I will generally build this after RE and basic boots before going DMP. It's a riskier route since you're easier to kill before you get your real tank items but on the upside, you also kill stuff faster, in my opinion it's superior to going Hulk from a snowballing aspect and we all know how important snowballing is in the current metagame. The added mobility makes it easier to get out of bad engages and easier to make it in time for those good ones. Also, when you have sunfire cape and RE, you breeze through camps like alot faster than you'd do with just Hulk being your main source of non-ability aoe damage. Slapping champions (especially squishies) around with this build is fun since they more or less get vaporized by your combo with the extra onhit, since Echoes also scale with AP it opens up going a hybrid/ap-bruiser route for some sweet dps on ult and great burst on roar, I'm still experimenting with the build but imo it shows alot of promise I've performed very well going RE over Cinder in my games so far, so I say try it and see if you like it, if you do, remember who introduced you to this option. <3 Note that autoing and flipping does not proc RE. Your roar, bite, and ult however does. Also note that I use the same masteries in this build that I would do with Lane Voli, 18/0/12 instead of 12/0/18 going fervor of battle over strenght of aegis since you just melt opponents so much more quickly with that ramping up onhit. You will still get tanky once you get your items anyway so imo it's preferable to to the raw hp you get from aegis that also takes 30 larger minions/monster to fully ramp up, note however that you won't sustain as well as you do with SotA, but the difference is miniscule. But considering Voli's passive, what does he care.
Dengeden (EUW)
: It does damage, I was just making a point about the fact that tanks need to do some damage for the game to be in a healthy state.
> [{quoted}](name=Dengeden,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EPOE6RkA,comment-id=0006000100010000,timestamp=2016-03-22T05:50:14.239+0000) > > It does damage, I was just making a point about the fact that tanks need to do some damage for the game to be in a healthy state. Oh, I see.
: dynamic queue sucks ass
Lyte knows better than you. /s
n0ob (NA)
: There always has and always will be a top 20 champs.
> [{quoted}](name=n0ob,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IKKB6T6A,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-03-22T03:16:48.784+0000) > > There always has and always will be a top 20 champs. And? So? There are always a specific champions that practically are never allowed fall of the godtier. The disparity between God tier to tier 1 to tier 2 has never been as fucked up as it is now. Nowadays it's just God tier, viable tier and shit tier(and this is where about 100 champs from this game currently reside).
Show more

GlockHammer

Level 30 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion