: What's up with these suspicious 6 digit number accounts?
Returning players, my guess. After not playing for quite some time, your name will be changed to a random combination of numbers and letters, in order to free up this particular alias. I think the name change is free once after this happens. At least, that was a case few years back, when this happened to one of my accounts.
: I hate the color for damage text the patch bought us, why can't we have an option please?
> now then will they take her clothes away from her next? They already did that
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=x8sUtqyk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-06T17:14:51.356+0000) > > Happens to all rewoks. > > Her design was made to sell skins. After all, bodysuits are more interesting to pent up boys, in comparison to armoured characters. I haven't played the game since that happened. I was heartbroken.
> [{quoted}](name=SilverFeatherWF,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=x8sUtqyk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T18:09:23.773+0000) > > I haven't played the game since that happened. I was heartbroken. Happened to me with Morg's redesign.
: Old Kayle.
Happens to all rewoks. Her design was made to sell skins. After all, bodysuits are more interesting to pent up boys, in comparison to armoured characters.
Nargo191 (EUW)
: Account Still Banned After The Lift Ban Date
The count starts right after you get suspended. I guess you will be able to play after a few hours, depending at what time you were punished.
Neriticc (EUW)
: Actual trash game. Only still popular because of the name.
: FIX HIGH ELO SOLO Q - People will just uninstall the game soon
Everyone talks about votes. That's why this reddit system is broken beyond belief. I don't know if the count was manipulated or not, but it just exposes the real issue here. Votes are not working, boards developers.
Noivern (EUW)
: My entry for the League Comic contest!
Relatable. Shame that those it's made based on redesigns. Otherwise it would be perfect, imo
Psi21 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-05T10:58:36.129+0000) > > Why were they taken away in the first place. That was a perfect counter against ARAM only accounts. > > Now we are back to seeing Veigar in every match. So, Riot should either bring back bans, or unlock everything for that mode Simple answer: The top MMR ARAM games are filled with Pre-made 5 man teams. And the Highest MMR ARAM games are commonly ARAM-Only accounts with the same open roster of champs. These five man teams with similar rosters (even with the 3 rotation of champs) found it easier with the bans to increase their chances on getting the champs they wanted by banning those they didn't want in their similar rosters. They ban champs they had available to them even more so to get the champs they wanted to play. essentially exploiting the system. Suspected fix maybe allowing all champs. We will have to see how Riot proceeds. But including all champs in ARAM kinda goes against a business process... you don't give all of your product out for free.
> [{quoted}](name=Psi21,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2019-07-06T01:14:03.704+0000) > > Simple answer: > The top MMR ARAM games are filled with Pre-made 5 man teams. > > And the Highest MMR ARAM games are commonly ARAM-Only accounts with the same open roster of champs. > > These five man teams with similar rosters (even with the 3 rotation of champs) found it easier with the bans to increase their chances on getting the champs they wanted by banning those they didn't want in their similar rosters. They ban champs they had available to them even more so to get the champs they wanted to play. > > essentially exploiting the system. Well, that makes sense. I just never thought about ARAM as a competitive environment, bu i agree when you put it that way. > Suspected fix maybe allowing all champs. We will have to see how Riot proceeds. But including all champs in ARAM kinda goes against a business process... > > > you don't give all of your product out for free. It's not giving away anything for free though. It's like giving someone a chance at a lottery. And people would still buy skins and champions, because there are other game modes that would not have unlocked roster.
: So... First, you don't understand the problem with Akali since you haven't bothered to look into it. Second, you don't even play new Yorick. And Third, again, you're so biased you can't even have a discussion. That's a real shame, 'cause at first it seemed like you were reasonable.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T21:54:32.619+0000) > > So... First, you don't understand the problem with Akali since you haven't bothered to look into it. Botched rework is terrible to balance. That's what i think about this. > Second, you don't even play new Yorick. I played him for a few matches when his rework came out > And Third, again, you're so biased you can't even have a discussion. That's a real shame, 'cause at first it seemed like you were reasonable. Well, i said that i didn't want to talk about reworks, yet you kept going with this topic. It always goes down like that. "You are stupid for not liking reworks" and so on I don't care if i'm biased. I just want old champions back, even if not in regular game modes. Make me a classic server and i would be content. Hell, keep the old bugs and balance issues in it too. We both know it would never happen, but a man can dream.
rujitra (NA)
: I can see how the word "pirating" leads to the assumption theft is involved, hence why I tried to make the distinction. Riot is losing profits because of custom skins, even if those profits or skins aren't being stolen by anyone in particular. Something is telling me there is a better word yet for this, but for the life of me I can't remember it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:52:12.787+0000) > > I can see how the word "pirating" leads to the assumption theft is involved, hence why I tried to make the distinction. Sorry, my mind is blank right now, and i might've misread your post. If i didn't understand your intentions behind it, then i apologise > > Riot is losing profits because of custom skins, even if those profits or skins aren't being stolen by anyone in particular. I would say that they are not "earning" profits, rather than losing them. I believe that this issue should be separate from losses > Something is telling me there is a better word yet for this, but for the life of me I can't remember it. Ah, i can't help you with that, i'm afraid. English is not my native language, and it's legal jargon is sometimes lost on me.
Theorex (NA)
: Well this just happened in a FB group I am in lmao
rujitra (NA)
: Important distinction - piracy when you use it means "decreasing X for Y by using Z" - in that it is "taking" profits away from Riot, even if it isn't giving them to another party (ex using free custom skins). It's an uncommon but valid definition.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:32:17.790+0000) > > Important distinction - piracy when you use it means "decreasing X for Y by using Z" - in that it is "taking" profits away from Riot, even if it isn't giving them to another party (ex using free custom skins). It's an uncommon but valid definition. Fair enough, but i don't really like this definition. It implies that piracy is stealing, and i disagree with that, when it comes to virtual goods, of course. I know that that's what it basically means, but i believe that "piracy" in virtual world is simply a denial of profit. As in, you don't give the provider of a service the fee for used goods, because you copied it I'm against piracy, because someone who worked hard to create said goods deserves to profit from it. But it's not an act of stealing, as in taking something from other party without their consent, resulting in that party losing part of their goods AND profits.
: For a month. And the issue was that it wasn't fixable. He had the kind of kit that could only be overpowered or underpowered, not balanced. It's not a skillshot. It's a ground target slow like the old E. It now has a travel time, but it isn't a skillshot. Luckily it isn't up to players who like unhealthy/outdated designs and are too blinded by bias in favor of the old champion to understand the problems with them. 'Cause if it were we'd just see massively buffed versions of old champs, since what you like about the old version is the stuff that needed to be changed.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:18:53.462+0000) > > For a month. And the issue was that it wasn't fixable. He had the kind of kit that could only be overpowered or underpowered, not balanced. > And current Akali is what? > It's not a skillshot. It's a ground target slow like the old E. It now has a travel time, but it isn't a skillshot. My bad, i forgot about that. > > Luckily it isn't up to players who like unhealthy/outdated designs and are too blinded by bias in favor of the old champion to understand the problems with them. 'Cause if it were we'd just see massively buffed versions of old champs, since what you like about the old version is the stuff that needed to be changed. Thankfully i can think for myself, unlike some that just quote tired, old "arguments" I don't care if they had to be weak to still be in the League. I just wanted them to stay. But, the blind masses like stupid changes, so i guess everything is alright.
CLG ear (NA)
: are eggs good for you
Well, as long as you don't eat like ten of them at once, you should be fine. Three eggs per day are generally considered safe, unless you have some kind of hidden alergy to them.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:05:55.794+0000) > > I would imagine that it's profit-based. > > Even though a custom skin (usually) won't allow a player to win more games, it's still impeding on Riot's main source of profits and as a result, probably shouldn't be allowed. Wouldnt be profit based. You cant link custom skins with a loss of sales, similar to piracy. If the person is using custom skins, its unlikely they would have purchased a skin to begin with, either because what youre offerring isnt good enough or the person lacks funds. However, that person continuing to play the game *does* directly increase revenue, given people have friends, and a you need a healthy influx of players for matchmaking.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:16:25.506+0000) > > Wouldnt be profit based. You cant link custom skins with a loss of sales, similar to piracy. If the person is using custom skins, its unlikely they would have purchased a skin to begin with, either because what youre offerring isnt good enough or the person lacks funds. Piracy is not about making losses. It doesn't generate income. That's the problem for Riot. I guess to them custom skins are a form of piracy. It's annoying, but every company wants to have as much money as possible. I think OP is right. > However, that person continuing to play the game *does* directly increase revenue, given people have friends, and a you need a healthy influx of players for matchmaking. And that person also promotes custom skins, that can result in more players using them instead of buying official content. It works both ways.
Hotarµ (NA)
: > I would want to know a reason behind condemning custom changes that do not benefit you, other than some visuals that only you can see. > > Is it about the money? Or maybe it's a case of security and protection from cheats or scripts that are being disguised as custom stuff? I would imagine that it's profit-based. Even though a custom skin (usually) won't allow a player to win more games, it's still impeding on Riot's main source of profits and as a result, probably shouldn't be allowed.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=H7JJbAJB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:05:55.794+0000) > > I would imagine that it's profit-based. > > Even though a custom skin (usually) won't allow a player to win more games, it's still impeding on Riot's main source of profits and as a result, probably shouldn't be allowed. Bah, i forgot how big companies work. I guess you are right. A real shame that it affects custom maps too. Current one is really hard for me to see what is happening on it. Oh well.
: Rujitra! RUJITRA! WHERE ARE YOU?
Rujitra isn't a mod, dude (~~still kinda annoying though~~). Also, have you really spent months to prepare for this? Lol, that's some dedication.
Hotarµ (NA)
: PSA: Riot (potentially) becoming much more strict with 3rd party programs
Well, shit. We already loat wooxy, and now this? Shame. I wonder why Riot changed their procedures over the years. I know that custom skins were never really supported, but they have not been treated that harshly. I would want to know a reason behind condemning custom changes that do not benefit you, other than some visuals that only you can see. Is it about the money? Or maybe it's a case of security and protection from cheats or scripts that are being disguised as custom stuff?
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T16:01:15.210+0000) > > Care to elaborate? Because some people actually enjoy playing lux or sona or ziggs or brand, and aram accounts havnt been a real problem for years. The only reason you see good champions often is due to rerolls, which no one will argue help the mode far more and make it much more enjoyable.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T16:39:23.025+0000) > > Because some people actually enjoy playing lux or sona or ziggs or brand, and aram accounts havnt been a real problem for years. I don't know about NA, but on my server, there is a ton of those accounts. And i have no problem with those that want to play as them. Bans solved some problems, but they weren't perfect, i can agree on that. > The only reason you see good champions often is due to rerolls, which no one will argue help the mode far more and make it much more enjoyable. So make all champions unlocked for this mode. We know Riot can do this, and it would be fair to all sincere players.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-05T10:58:36.129+0000) > > Why were they taken away in the first place. That was a perfect counter against ARAM only accounts. > > Now we are back to seeing Veigar in every match. So, Riot should either bring back bans, or unlock everything for that mode Because bans are a garbage idea that hurts far more than it attempts to help.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sHjbwHgA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-05T15:09:16.653+0000) > > Because bans are a garbage idea that hurts far more than it attempts to help. Care to elaborate?
: Remider: We still want bans in ARAM back
Why were they taken away in the first place. That was a perfect counter against ARAM only accounts. Now we are back to seeing Veigar in every match. So, Riot should either bring back bans, or unlock everything for that mode
: should i propose to marry one of the leageoflegends reddit mods so they would unban me?
Pff. Avantel maybe? He/she likes to change name, maybe you will get a chance there?
: I would like to hear how you think that old lore could have been fixed without replacing it. Old lore was degrading champions to the level of pokemon fighting in an arena for some ominous summoners to decide major politcal conflicts in Runeterra. This basically forbid any forthgoing political conflicts which happened directly in the world. That whole Ionian campaign from Noxus? Nope, just a set of matches for summoners to play to know if Ionia has to give Noxus some land or not. Not to mention that weirdly, even if these matches were supposed to solve political conflicts in Runeterra, summoners _borrowed aliens_ for these games. And the hilarious part: basically **everything that wasn't human** was automatically alien. Yordles? Aliens, they even prayed to a god damn mothership. Anivia? Alien from some ice phoenix planet. Malphite? Alien from a planet with living rocks. **Even god damn Kayle and Morgana were aliens from an angel planet**. I fail to see how a world, which reduces complex political crisis to a **sport**, can have more meaning in your eyes than what we have now. How a world, which decided that anything mildly different is automatically alien, is better than a world which shows that the world is complex and inhabited by different beings coexisting.
So you are not familiar with retcons? Remove some champs from the IoW, retcon it's power over the world. Make it so that it only controls Demacia and Noxus. About that alien part: Pff, easy fix. Retcon some backstories. I don't mind small or big changes, but removing something that was core to it, throw away champion stories and make shit like Varus lore? Lore that nobody wanted? But it was easier to burn it all, huh? Because fuck everything that's somewhat original, right?
: > I wouldn't say that he was OP. He could finally stand his ground against other top laners. Then you wren't paying attention. He dominated pro play _and_ had a 56% win rate across the board. That's overpwoered. > I think his kit WAS cohesive. Master of ghouls, with his own creeps that worked wonders against certain matchups. New one is all over the place with a random wall and a ball of goo that is nothing but a pointer. You're not thinking about his kit, you're thinking about his theme. And if you think his new one isn't cohesive, that's pretty funny considering they kept most of his old kit. The only difference is that his Q and E don't summon a ghoul on the spot. But Q is still his auto enhancer and E is still his ground-target AoE slow. And his ultimate doesn't have a random pseudo-revive tacked on. But you hate reworks. So you're not going to pay attention to the similarities or the fact his rework was by far one of the most successful both in terms of gameplay and keeping the same feeling as the original.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T09:45:40.814+0000) >Then you wren't paying attention. He dominated pro play and had a 56% win rate across the board. That's overpwoered. Sure he did. For one patch. Fixable > You're not thinking about his kit, you're thinking about his theme. And if you think his new one isn't cohesive, that's pretty funny considering they kept most of his old kit. What? Most of his old kit? His Q and passive is mostly the same, but the rest? Random wall and a skillshot ball doesn't really scream "Old Yorick" > But you hate reworks. So you're not going to pay attention to the similarities or the fact his rework was by far one of the most successful both in terms of gameplay and keeping the same feeling as the original. For you he kept the same feeling. Yorick is vastly different for me, and not only me. You are projecting your own thoughts on to the rest of us. Same with most reworks. You might like them, but some players would rather go with old champs.
: Because what you want is the game to stop progressing. The old lore was bad. Like, legitimately horrible. They changed it and it is so much better now, but doesn't get reflected in the game properly. You want them to keep it that way simply because you don't like changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rcLxFl3X,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T07:05:59.861+0000) > > Because what you want is the game to stop progressing. > > The old lore was bad. Like, legitimately horrible. They changed it and it is so much better now, but doesn't get reflected in the game properly. You want them to keep it that way simply because you don't like changes. Pff, nice diagnosis there. I dislike the new lore, because old one could have been fixed. But Riot opted to write new one, with even less meaning behind it. Changing it was pointless and a result of bad writers.
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rcLxFl3X,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:12:44.692+0000) > > I really don't care about lore. I just don't want change for the sake of change. > > Lee's change was made out of cowardice, but not every champion has to face the same fate. It's not "change for the sake of change". The lore is an important part of the game for many people. Orianna in game and Orianna in lore are COMPLETELY different and that needs to be remedied. Don't know why this bothers you so much. Anyways, I've got no fucking idea what you're on about with this lee sin update.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Body Pillow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rcLxFl3X,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:19:09.014+0000) > > It's not "change for the sake of change". The lore is an important part of the game for many people. Orianna in game and Orianna in lore are COMPLETELY different and that needs to be remedied. Don't know why this bothers you so much. Why does it bother YOU so much? Why don't you want to let other get what they want too? > > Anyways, I've got no fucking idea what you're on about with this lee sin update. Lee Sin got a new VO, because his previous voice actor is facing accusations of sexual harrasment. Nothing proven yet, but Riot is scared that they might be associated with his name. So, they hired a new guy (mediocre actor imho) to voice for him. I guess the same will happen to Malzahar, he voiced him too.
: No, he wasn't "good". He was overpowered. That's exactly what I was saying. _Until_ then, they left him underpowered. But they gave him a just a little bit of strength and he became completely overpowered. And new Yorick was never as buggy or hard to balance as the old one. The bug bit is simply untrue. As for balance, they now have a goal in mind for what he is and can balance towards it. His old kit wasn't cohesive.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:57:08.226+0000) > > No, he wasn't "good". He was overpowered. That's exactly what I was saying. _Until_ then, they left him underpowered. But they gave him a just a little bit of strength and he became completely overpowered. I wouldn't say that he was OP. He could finally stand his ground against other top laners. > > And new Yorick was never as buggy or hard to balance as the old one. The bug bit is simply untrue. As for balance, they now have a goal in mind for what he is and can balance towards it. His old kit wasn't cohesive. I think his kit WAS cohesive. Master of ghouls, with his own creeps that worked wonders against certain matchups. New one is all over the place with a random wall and a ball of goo that is nothing but a pointer. But whatever. I don't really care about balance all that much. I hate reworks, and replacements are unacceptable to me.
: Not really. They add more room to adjust champions, in most cases. It's less of an issue than simply buffing champions that are outdated. We saw exactly what happens when a champions whose kit is too simple gets buffed to hell with Aatrox right before his rework was done. And he was always like that. They left him outclassed by every other AA diver because he had the kind of kit that any strength would make overpowered.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:39:43.215+0000) > > Not really. They add more room to adjust champions, in most cases. It's less of an issue than simply buffing champions that are outdated. We saw exactly what happens when a champions whose kit is too simple gets buffed to hell with Aatrox right before his rework was done. And he was always like that. They left him outclassed by every other AA diver because he had the kind of kit that any strength would make overpowered. I have my own views on reworks, that's why i don't want to bring them. Besides, Aatrox was good right before rework hit. And then there's Yorick that was almost as buggy and hard to balance as the old one. But whatever, i don't want to start this discussion all over again now.
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:05:15.225+0000) > > Lol, and what are those stupid reworks then? > > Well, that might be true. But then again, how would Riot keep people in? New champions are needed to make people excited about incoming content, to keep them play for as long as possible. Like I said, the reworks aren't a problem. I said right there that if they were replacing champions, it wouldn't be an issue. And... meh? It's really a scenario we can't test. The game is fun. There's no question about that. But we've never had an entire year of no updates to see whether or not it's actually the constant changing that keeps people playing. Plenty of games are still great to play even when they don't make updates or don't do them nearly as often
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:18:09.710+0000) > > Like I said, the reworks aren't a problem. I said right there that if they were replacing champions, it wouldn't be an issue. Well, they are an issue, but let's not talk about it now. > And... meh? It's really a scenario we can't test. The game is fun. There's no question about that. But we've never had an entire year of no updates to see whether or not it's actually the constant changing that keeps people playing. > Plenty of games are still great to play even when they don't make updates or don't do them nearly as often Agreed, but i think League community is simply too used to being showered with new stuff. Slowing down with introduction of content might be more beneficial than many might think, sure, but people don't want that. The problem stems from expectations of fellow players. Riot cannot risk to slow down, or they could be made unhappy, and that can cause losses in sales of premium currencies. I don't think they can afford that.
: Auto Chess, But It's League of Legends? (Teamfight Tactics) [LoL Auto Ch...
So you used mock accounts? Or have your fans jumped in not even 5 minutes after posting?
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rcLxFl3X,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-05T04:58:21.373+0000) > > That's why i hate massive retcons... > > Riot, don't do that, for the love of god. Dont do what? GIve hero a new VO? Even in the original lore she was a professional dancer or something that wanted to join the League and died in a botched tower diving exercise. Not exactly a crazed robo killer. Seems like riot changed their minds rather quickly about what they wanted Ori to be.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Body Pillow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rcLxFl3X,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T05:06:40.540+0000) > > Dont do what? GIve hero a new VO? Even in the original lore she was a professional dancer or something that wanted to join the League and died in a botched tower diving exercise. Not exactly a crazed robo killer. Seems like riot changed their minds rather quickly about what they wanted Ori to be. I really don't care about lore. I just don't want change for the sake of change. Lee's change was made out of cowardice, but not every champion has to face the same fate.
Proxy345 (NA)
: I bought almost every Teemo skin available.
: You're missing the very important fact that they aren't _replacing_ champions. If it were like 2011 and adding 40 champions still only meant 80 total, sure there wouldn't be an issue. But adding even 10 champions when the pool is already 144 would be crazy. There are basically two issues that can occur when they add too many champions-- assuming they make champions that are viable so they actually make money instead of making an intentionally bad champion: 1. New champions will have new mechanics that are far too strong, and can't be contested fairly because either no other champion has that mechanic to do a pseudo mirror-match and/or a mechanic that directly counters it. 2. New champions will be too similar to champions that are already too powerful, resulting in a game where we simply don't have enough bans to cover them all. As we gain more champions, these problems become more prevalent. Fairly soon we're going to see the same problems with Qiyana that we had with Akali.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oiGM7bZ9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-05T04:51:19.619+0000) > > You're missing the very important fact that they aren't _replacing_ champions. If it were like 2011 and adding 40 champions still only meant 80 total, sure there wouldn't be an issue. But adding even 10 champions when the pool is already 144 would be crazy. Lol, and what are those stupid reworks then? > As we gain more champions, these problems become more prevalent. Fairly soon we're going to see the same problems with Qiyana that we had with Akali. Well, that might be true. But then again, how would Riot keep people in? New champions are needed to make people excited about incoming content, to keep them playing for as long as possible.
: Battle Bunny Evelynn ( Update )
: Orianna is in desperate need of a new VO.
That's why i hate massive retcons... Riot, don't do that, for the love of god.
: They have enough in their own hands they did a smart move changing the voice actor.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iLrBGuga,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-07-04T23:53:27.559+0000) > > They have enough in their own hands they did a smart move changing the voice actor. Cowardly move, you meant. They did it to avoid any potential contoversies, we know. Doesn't mean you can just replace something just because that person ALLEGEDLY did something wrong. I'm far from defending anyone here, i'm just telling you how it looks to me.
Pyrosan (NA)
: I think League's way too forgiving when it comes to demoting people
> Consistently under-performing should impact your MMR, even if it's invisible and we wouldn't know about it, it's just another way to indicate people don't belong at that MMR. Should be applied both ways. Being better than an average player in your bracket should have more impact, even if you don't win.
: Qiyana ACTUALLY DABS
: LISTEN TO THIS MELODIC MASTER PEICE!!
Have you forgot to change accounts or what? Oh, and sorry to say, but i would not call it masterpiece. It's impossible to listen to all of it.
Zac x Me (NA)
: Yes but it is poopoo crap, butchered the original into an abomination.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IjGPfy3s,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-04T22:50:13.259+0000) > > Yes but it is poopoo crap, butchered the original into an abomination. Whacha' mean?
: WAIT. THEY'RE REMAKING LINK'S AWAKENING?
Uh. I really need Switch now.
: Characters who needed this voice update more
Change out of cowardice. Because simply being accused is destroying what you built. I would understand that action if he was proven guilty. But right now, with inconclusive allegations? Sigh... i sometimes hate big companies...
Zemasu (EUW)
: The reason behind HUMANS battle bosses
It's actually really simple. Humans want to play as pretty humans. When you play something, you want skins for it. Hell, even if you play as a monster champion, like Kench who is pretty popular, you are still more likely to buy a skin for Ahri, at least according to what we can deduce from Riot's skin lines. It's not about pathetic lore shit, or designs. It's all about the money. Also: > Many monster characters are just flat out worse than other options (Bard) Now that's simply wrong.
: Guilty until proven innocent in the 21st century btw.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7cecXt9s,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-04T21:12:27.803+0000) > > Guilty until proven innocent in the 21st century btw. Good to know that broken "law" is being used on social media. Why did i like humanity again?
: Lee Sin Voice Update
And another pointless change. Good to know.
: I miss old yorrick
We all miss him. Well, at least those that played him for more than just bot games.
: Why does mass delusion run through the playerbase
Why do people dress as animals? Humanity is the greatest species on Earth, and some of use would rather be wolves? Honestly, they have a fit when someone points that out...
Iz0 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:24:34.384+0000) > > Everything has to be annoyingly minimalistic. Truly, we are living in sad times. > > Your takes are not ideal either. They are waaay too off for what kind of company Riot is. Letters need to be more blocky, and without all those added decorations. Yours are distracting, and hard to remember. And what kind of company is Riot? The font can be easily changed my friend, what decorations? How is it distracting and still hard to remember? You're contradicting yourself. A minimalistic style is simple and plain, without any decoration...given your first statement I thought you didn't like that sort of thing, then you go on to say letters need to be more block and without decorations...consider me confused :S {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Hanz0 Hasashi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:32:05.304+0000) > > And what kind of company is Riot? > The font can be easily changed my friend, what decorations? How is it distracting and still hard to remember? You're contradicting yourself. A minimalistic style is simple and plain, without any decoration...given your first statement I thought you didn't like that sort of thing, then you go on to say letters need to be more block and without decorations...consider me confused :S {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Sorry, i work with fonts everyday, and i tend to be very critical about them. Dont't take it as a personal attack, i'm just talking about those propositions I won't go into technical details, because those are only projects (i assume), buut... your fonts are wild and amatourish. They are not suitable for most companies, especially gaming. They need to be simple to look at and recognizable, even after a glance. Previous logo needed some clean up, but it was still very easy to spot it amongst all the other logos. What you made is not easy to look at, it's too crowded. Also, if you wanted to make logotypes you have to separate the logo itself, or at least somehow make it pop out. Coloring, and most importantly design is necessary to make the image visible for regular Joes. Previous logo was all over the place, but i disagree with Riot's direction. That's what i meant. It is minimalistic, and it's designers could've made it much better, but they opted not to. Current one seems like it was made by someone who has talent, but it's just a facade. It's unoriginal. That is my problem with it.
Iz0 (NA)
: Possible Logo Designs? Riot Games
Everything has to be annoyingly minimalistic. Truly, we are living in sad times. New logo is stupidly generic. Your takes are not ideal either. They are waaay too off for what kind of company Riot is. Letters need to be more blocky, and without all those added decorations. Yours are distracting, and hard to remember.
Show more

GreenKnight

Level 109 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion