: Reason why I don't play TFT
2 Mystic or 3 Poison (slow incoming mana) or Blademasters (mages don't have time for second cast) 4 Mystic - reduce 60% magic dmg
Riftn00b (EUNE)
: Has anyone bought woodland Lux?
Yes I got Lux woodland twice. She has 70% chance to duplicate if you have another wood
: this game is just shit.
Saezio, he played a comp that game gave him. Maybe 1 force of nature (late game) and 2 spatula (early game) from carusel and 2 spatula dropped. Can be possible.
: I somewhat agree as Set 1 had overtuned 1 and 2 cost units, however, Set 2's sheer reliance on epics+legendaries to win games is a little bit much. I think that Set 1 and Set 2 show both extremes of overtuning units. I just want a set that doesn't force players to play one way or the other, it allows players to use ANY unit and make it work.
> [{quoted}](name=catch this work,realm=OCE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=MvRd8RlH,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2020-01-16T10:34:46.636+0000) > > I somewhat agree as Set 1 had overtuned 1 and 2 cost units, however, Set 2's sheer reliance on epics+legendaries to win games is a little bit much. > > I think that Set 1 and Set 2 show both extremes of overtuning units. I just want a set that doesn't force players to play one way or the other, it allows players to use ANY unit and make it work. Actually we call them "legendary" because we barely touch level 9 to get them. These legendary units makes this game to be fun: more flexibility, changing compositions, anti meta, anti boring and combat gold comps. If your opponent is so strong then you can chose to sacrifice HP, save golds, level up and try to get legendary units. A gold comp will have a poor interest to get legendary units (too much egg-rolls).
Heroboy10 (EUNE)
: The most OP comp blender Azir
1. Need a spatula ? Position well first carousel or lose the first 2-3 PvP fights. 2. Need specific items ? No. On Azir works well AP, AD, AS items. And 1 star Azir is enough to carry you till level 7. Olaf, Brand, Khazix need specific items. 3. What rare carry units are you taking about ? Sivir and Azir are 3 tier and you don't need Master Yi. If is hard to get tier 3 units is because of RNG not the comp itself. If yorick won't come then take any other tank: Braum, Annie, Malph etc. 3 Sumoners is optional. > [{quoted}](name=Ratrose,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=aHTi7hFz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-01-16T21:26:10.170+0000) > > Comp is strong but your missing a huge negative of that comp. The early game of it is very weak and if you dont get good rnd your very likly to end up 8th place. You don't need to start with blademaster. Play whatever you consider is best for early-mid game. meanwhile collect BM on bar and when they are ready replace the actual comp with new one. With other comps I try to make level 9 to find tier 5 units to assure my 1th place. But with BM I do hiper-roll at level 7 to upgrade my units. I don't need tier 5 units. The only problem is if a good ranger won't show up then BotRK is useless till you get Azir. Man, is it normal tier 2-4 units (blender Azir) to win against tier 3-5 units or gold comp ? Really ? This happen because Sivir can silence or disable a lot of opponent units. Enemy don't even have time to ulti because BM are too fast. No matter who is blender, Sivir's ulti with those items is the real anti-play.
Rioter Comments
: Light + Soulbound every game
1 star singed with that {{item:3165}} dies in 2 seconds once he is focused.
: Algorithm Fix
Beteljext13 are you talking about how hard is to get 2 stars at 6% chance ? Seriously ? Nappa is talking about getting 2 stars at 35% chance. I'm not agree to deserve 2 stars tier 5 units at level 8 so easy. Level 8 is right for tier 4. Level 9 is right for tier 5 where the chance increase to 15%. I would make a restriction: to be impossible to get 2 stars tier X unit for level < X + 4. Also I would give the third unit if you pay an amount of golds (30-40) for it and if you reached right level.
: Light + Soulbound every game
I don't know why Azir received buff, he was already strong before. Light + Soulbound every game because there're so many ways to combine their units especially with Lunar and this makes game less boring. Also I'm still fun mage + inferno/summoner + ocean because of the same reason. Lunar can be combine with many comp. There're some thing that required balanced but overall I'm satisfied with the the progress of set 2.
: You die way too fast in Set 2
I'm totally agree with the first post, the damage during 3-1 to 4-1 should be reduced a little. > [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=MvRd8RlH,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2020-01-16T04:31:02.527+0000) > > Nothing like being 6th then rolling into a singed and picking up a zed on the carrossel and then ending up with a lux on the next to last turn and managing 2nd somehow and it's all because of those champs (only happened once anywhere near that lucky but it was just stupid and I was annoyed I did that well cause I would have been out 4th or 5th otherwise as Singed basically knocked out 2 people for me) Tier 5 units are OK to be strong, it's a reward for rushing level. About set 1 vs set 2: set 2 has much more viable comps/combinations early, mid and late game. The progress of set 2 is fine.
Murky (NA)
: Light soulbond, Blademaster azir, any compy with Posion Singed. Unplayable patch unless you play these 3
> [{quoted}](name=Murky,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=PA8oHqms,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2020-01-15T05:42:38.707+0000) > > Light soulbond, Blademaster azir, any compy with Posion Singed. Unplayable patch unless you play these 3 Poison Singed is OK because 2 stars tier 5 unit is not easy to get unless you are level 9. 1 star Singed is not OP. Lights soulbound + 2 lunar is a problem now.
: Read again: he freezes 3 units near him, and by the time anyone can start focusing him again after they thaw, he has popped ult and started permafreezing them. Plus, Rageblade/double RFC, and he's basically Vayne 6.0.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=r7AlnrhI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2020-01-14T21:17:11.144+0000) > > Read again: he freezes 3 units near him, and by the time anyone can start focusing him again after they thaw, he has popped ult and started permafreezing them. Exactly "near him". Near him should be your tanks not carries. > [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=r7AlnrhI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2020-01-14T21:17:11.144+0000) > > Plus, Rageblade/double RFC, and he's basically Vayne 6.0. Vayne stay behind, Olaf go in and has big chance to be focused. With rageblade, BT is defenceless.
: Some things never change... (and some need to)
Olaf needs time and luck to not be focused before he ultimate. Even he get to ulti magic damage or rangers can delete him. Vest is best against him. Look at master/challengers stats. You barely see Olaf in their late game comp because they keep the interest high and reach level 9. 5 tier units are much better.
: Who is creating these TFT Classes
5% chance Electric Lux is very rare > [{quoted}](name=Elementalìst Lux,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=EyK4QQu5,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-11T17:38:07.129+0000) > ... a good example of this is Electric, its not the strongest early but if you can hold out and get that zed, that zed or lux that has a 5% chance of spawning you are strong but not ridiculously strong, lets face it tho you guys made the Lux spawn rates so low i hardly see them in a game and when i do its usually not the one i need or one i can even use. > Lux can have 5% chance to be spawn but Electric Lux is very rare, maybe 0.5% chance. About Zed you are right but you need level 9 to have more chances to get 2 stars Zed. Reaching level 9 is not easy. Also Zed needs at least 2 tank items to be good. A comp hard to get worth to be OP.
: Light + Soulbound every game
There are so many combinations now. Try lunar + assassins/electric/rangers.
Kuponya (NA)
: Poison does not disable a team, poison increases the mana costs of units up to 50%? Unit priority is always based on proximity, if you do not know how to position, then of course a Singed can waltz right in and never leave or be focused.
Singed is fine, once he is focused he's out. > [{quoted}](name=Kuponya,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=prPe7OsA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-01-13T05:12:58.111+0000) > > if you do not know how to position, then of course a Singed can waltz right in and never leave or be focused. Oh, interesting, how do you position units to focus Singed ?
Rioter Comments
: What I would change in TFT
2) Did you try infinity, BT on Khazix or BoRK, Infinity on Nocturne ? 3) No shit. Is not enough that blender Nocturne and Hash Sivir silence and delete the entire opponent team ? 4) This is why you have to play at 50 interest gold. Stop re-rolls for golds units and level up to have better chances to get higher tier units. Look at the stats, challenger players every game play with 5-cost units. 7) That's why summonings makes summoners to shine. The idea is the decoy (summoning) to distract the enemy target. Without this will be just a damage that can be done by the summoners themselves, right ?
: Who is creating these TFT Classes
Replace lower tier units with higher tier ones. For sample: mid game woodlands/druids replaced with Malph/Yorick/Annie with can be replaced with Amumu/Taric late game. Zyra replaced with Brand/Annie which can be replaced with Lux late game. And so on.
: the META
You decayed from Diamond 3 to Plat 3. Eggrolling didn't work ? To get Diamond 1 it's not hard, but Diamond 3 it is.
Katyala (EUNE)
: Please do something with Olaf on TFT
Olaf's mechanic is simple: if he is focused till get his ultimate then he loses else he wins.
Wolity (EUW)
: i went on winstreak to there xD with eggrolling. it took me like 3-4 days
> [{quoted}](name=Wolity,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=uMVVjM3n,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-04T16:49:49.051+0000) > > i went on winstreak to there xD with eggrolling. it took me like 3-4 days I can’t find you on tracker.gg
: 1. no 2. no 3. yes 4. ad. she's an assassin. 5. im not sure 6. predator, light, and electric 7. same unless something changed between the time of the first and second knockup on the board. 8. look at her AP stat. if she has a "----" on her spell power section then she can't use them. same goes for other champs 9. need buff. 10. assassins predator is fun. berserkers also.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=aEEF13wb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-01-04T11:52:33.119+0000) > > 6. predator, light, and electric Predator just for early game. Electric if you get electric Lux. Google it.
Wolity (EUW)
: in season 1 i was Masters , right now i left my account at Diamond 2 because it was just so boring to play indeed. and High elo combo is get it before some1 get it.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolity,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=uMVVjM3n,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-04T08:45:10.972+0000) > > in season 1 i was Masters , right now i left my account at Diamond 2 because it was just so boring to play indeed. and High elo combo is get it before some1 get it. If it was so boring then you wouldn't play so many games to get Diamond 2.
: I just want Set 1 back...
> [{quoted}](name=KazKaz,realm=OCE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=9I1T8WMv,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-04T12:30:45.755+0000) > > Why is Olaf 4 gold and not 5? Did you play Olaf ? I played many times full build Olaf with many combinations and I couldn't get more than 3-th place. Usually 4-5th place. No matter how OP Olaf seems to be, he dies quick once he is focused. He is focused because he is melee. He is not tank because he need Rageblade, BT to be good at something. You definitely needs a second carry if you want more than 3-th place. Actually Olaf is my last pick as ADC.
Heroboy10 (EUNE)
: 3 Mage, 4 Ocean, 3 Inferno, Amumu
Another reason that players go mage/inferno is items. Seraph, Rabadon and Morello work great on Mage/Inferno. Mage+Inferno are 13 units and they can cover early, mid and late game. If you want a good Olaf you have to put on him Rageblade and BT, but these items are good for Rangers, Noc and Sivir but compared to the power of AP/mana items on mage/inferno is too poorer. For sample Seraph/Rabadon/Morrelo on Zyra/Kindred is much more powerful than Rageblade/BT on Vayne/Kindred. Seraph works great on Khazix too, so I rather prefer to prepare Seraph or AP items for mage/inferno/assassins instead for Olaf/Rangers. IMO Olaf falls behind as ADC because there's no tier 1-3 unit to keep Olaf's items (to work better with Olaf's items). A sample for Seraph: Start on Zyra/Malzahar/LB/Neeko than transfer it on Kindred (if he comes) and than mid-late game to Brand/Annie/Khazix. Work like a charm. Conclusion: Seraph is one of the best offensive starting item.
: Teamfight Tactics strategy??
He said “1 lvl Brand”. 1 star Brand has poor dmg he can’t be carry.
: Teamfight Tactics strategy??
Caries do most damage. I suppose your carry was Reksai. Well he is tier 2. Late game tier 4-5 units inflict more damage. 3 Predator fall late game. Also your opponent had more CC.
Rioter Comments
: Silver is a mess now.
Maybe because there are not so many ranked players and after a while matchmaking system try to find them lower/higher divisions. Maybe that’s why I met 3 times one day the same player.
: So much to Complain about!
Ocean/mage, without Deathcap, have only Brand as carry. There’re 12 Brands in the pool. So only 4 players can play Brand 2 stars. Will be hard for the last player to find the last Brand, so will remain 3 Brand players. Now they must protect Brand against assassins and poison. Also they need at least one seraph on Brand, I prefer 2 Seraph, otherwise he won’t get the second ulti. But if he has 2 seraph and rabadon he become OP. Hmm, you need a second carry to increase the chances to win. 6 inferno is more powerful, because it has more carries. Late game, when you face mage/inferno grab one Singed, 2 poison and put all tank items on him. You will be surprised.
TheGrot (NA)
: Nerf Woodland/Predator
Come on guys. Early-Mid game I always prefer to play Vladimir/Renekton/Nasus as tank and inferno(zyra) / mage(veigar) / ranger(Kindred, Varus) / Malzahar as ADC/APC instead of woodlands/predator because they are much more powerful. I have no problem to fight against woodland/predator.
: Oh look Olaf perma stunning yet again...
According to stats Olaf is OK. But you can whine if you feel better.
Heroboy10 (EUNE)
: Can’t see my opponent’s name
I know is not a bug but I don’t know other place to write about this. I didn’t know about shifting the screen. I will try this, ty.
Porglit (NA)
: Brand ult uses mana before it fires
Happened to me too more times. He had 2 seraph, full starting mana and the mana was vanished without ulti when the battle started.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: TFT probability
Don’t re-rolls for Vayne if you don’t have at least 5 Vayne otherwise you have big chance to fall behind and lose.
: imagine nothing but rerolling.
Don’t re-roll so much for 2 star tier 3 units. Keep money for lvl up to get better chance for tier 4-5 units. Late game comp is the aim. The problem is when you spend more than 70 golds to get 2 stars tier 4 unit knowing that nobody else collect them.
: Set Two is trash.
So, why do I see a different comp winner each game ? They play mage/ocean because the net still says this is the meta. But if you try mage/ocean you will see this comp is OK now. Remember when Olaf was meta, everyone forced Olaf and people complained on forum about how op is Olaf. But Riot never nerf Olaf because the stats shows he is OK. Any comp can be beaten by other comp. This is the maximum balance you can get for this type of game. If you expect more such like “all comp should be equals”, then you should look for other game. “set 2 is trash” makes me to say “set 3 will be trash too for you”, the same for set 1. This game is not for you guys.
: Set Two is trash.
Set 1 early-mid good comp: 2-4 knights, 2-4 wilds, Lucian, 3 BM, kenen. Set 2 early-mid comp: woodlands/druids+LB/neeko, 3 predators, kindred (solo or 2 ranger+3 inferno), zyra, malzahar, veigar(3 mage), tanc sion, 4 warden, 3 shadow. Set 1 tier 5 solo strong units: Pantheon, Swain, kaissa, kayle. Set 2 tier 5 solo strong units: amumu, singed, lux, zed, nami, master yi. Set 1 strong late game comp: - 6 brawlers - 6 knights, 4 imperial - 6 nobles - 4 wild, 3 shape, 3 sorc, 2 dragon - 3 sorc, 2 dragon, 2 gardian, 4 knights - 6 assassins - 4 wilds, 3 assassins - 4 rangers, 6 glacial - 3 elementalist + ... - 6 yordle Set 2 strong late game comp: - 6 lights, 2 soulbound - 3/6 mage, 4 ocean - 6 inferno - blender noc - Olaf + his sinergies - 4 rangers, 4 warden - Poison + Singed - 6 shadow - 3/6 summoner + 3 assassins - 4 crystal - 4 electric I think set 2 is better.
: Selling carousel unit for interest?
Wow, this can help you to not join it with other 2 if you don’t want.
Pika310 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Heroboy10,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=unGiH0YN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-29T21:37:12.910+0000) > > I disagree. Set 2 has much more viable comps than Set 1. Viable =/= enjoyable. Olaf 1v9'ing; Glacial permastun hax; Predator executing from half health; Mage 100% twincast; Assassins; Infernos; Zed; Summoners. All of these were huge mistakes & deserve to be removed/gutted for game enjoyment, if not for balance issues.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika310,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=unGiH0YN,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-29T21:44:40.127+0000) > > Viable =/= enjoyable. Olaf 1v9'ing; Glacial permastun hax; Predator executing from half health; Mage 100% twincast; Assassins; Infernos; Zed; Summoners. All of these were huge mistakes & deserve to be removed/gutted for game enjoyment, if not for balance issues. You already enumerated 7 good comp. you can add Soulbound, Poison, Lux, Amumu, Singed, electric, crystal. A lot of comps here. TFT 1 had 4-5 good comp. Sample of circle of balance: Assassins/Poison > Mage/inferno > Olaf > Assassins. Almost every game the winner has a different comp. This proves balance. What “enjoyable” means for you ? To win ? Players lose a game and then go here for winning. Olaf is OK, I barely see Olaf high division. Once he is focused he is dead. I saw many other good comps that are not described on net. You can wait the next version of TFT. I’m very sure it will have the same “problems” for you. Maybe you feel good when blame on game or Riot.
Thilmer (EUW)
: I'm already waiting for TFT set 3
You winning like babies. You’ll never like TFT no matter what version will be.
Thilmer (EUW)
: I'm already waiting for TFT set 3
I disagree. Set 2 has much more viable comps than Set 1. I liked set 1, I like set 2, I guess I will like set 3 too, but I have a feeling you will not like set 3.
: TFT Ranked
Anatera (NA)
: No one wants gold
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=3wUcBf6E,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-28T18:32:40.910+0000) > > 3 star champion > 2 star champion with half an item every single time. A big "IF" for 3 star champ that requests at least 20 re-rolls (if you are lucky). With 3-8 gold => maxim 4 re-rolls. Especially early game a good item can help you to have a good win streak => lot of golds.
Anatera (NA)
: No one wants gold
Depends on quantity. 10 golds is a thing but 2-3 golds instead of half item is not OK. Right items on right champ rules this game.
: "Balance"
> [{quoted}](name=Sirfetchd21,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=NyAimB60,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-23T14:27:44.157+0000) > > No matter how much things like Olaf, Glacial, Sword breaker, Hush, BM Noct get nerfed they still seem to run rampant. > Riot never nerf Olaf because according to stats he is OK. Maybe the same reason you played Olaf once from 20 games. > [{quoted}](name=Sirfetchd21,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=NyAimB60,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-23T14:27:44.157+0000) > > I'm starting to believe that riot don't have an issue with balance, the bigger faults lie in the game design with these broken mechanics. "broken mechanics", do you mean blender Noc ? As blender Noc you finished maximum 3 top position. I guess you complain because opponent's blender Noc won't let you to build a specific comp ? > [{quoted}](name=Sirfetchd21,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=NyAimB60,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-23T14:27:44.157+0000) > > Set 2 just needs to go and be built from the ground up. > Set 2 is much better than set 1. So many viable comps now. I like it. > [{quoted}](name=Sirfetchd21,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=NyAimB60,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-23T14:27:44.157+0000) > > The elemental idea was nice but unfortunately executed poorly. > Elaborate please!
: Atm the game is very luck-based, so you simply can't rely on certain comp. If you consider building 9 infernos, you are likely to be kicked from 8th place before you see any inferno lux in the shop. If you consider building ocean-mage, you may lose huge amounts of hp before you get silver thresh/nauti/malph. which you will need desperately to protect ur sorcerers. I often see lucian players losing long before culling strategy starts working. The first thing to be nerfed is random. Than we will be able to discuss any balance. I don't even mind 'broken' combos if all players have fairly equal opportunities to create them. Atm I often have a feeling that I am playing a game 'Who gets silver singed/olaf/zed first' and it's more annoying than existence of most powerful or even imbalanced comps.
> [{quoted}](name=Aikido Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=Eu0AuZRj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-25T22:02:28.448+0000) > > Atm the game is very luck-based, so you simply can't rely on certain comp. If you are right then this proves TFT 2 is balanced. Relying on certain comp to win proves that comp Is OP and should be nerf.
Show more

Heroboy10

Level 124 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion