: I just hit silver the other day.. of course the moment I got there I got afks in every game until I dropped back down. A spell doesn't make or break you
yes, you keep telling yourself that :)
Rioter Comments
: This is why I don't take flash when I jungle
Why would we want to change your mind? If you enjoy being bronze, keep playing tp/smite combo :)
ItsLowbo (NA)
: Changes to Sightstone/Support Items coming to PBE
Jesus Christ. 8 seasons and you still have no clue what the problem is. Sightstone is fine. Mandatory 800g is fine it is the same as mandatory Armsguard for a mid laner against an assassin. #Real issue with supports is that LoL is game about taking objectives and supports CANT TAKE BLOODY OBJECTIVES unlike any other role. So yes, keep doing unimportant changes and then wonder why nobody wants to play support. After 3 years of being support main I am moving to jungle to be able to take down objectives. It is so frustrating for a support after a team fight to see the team recalling or chasing one straggler with 30hp instead of taking down tower with 700hp. And guess what - as a support you can't do sht about it. I believe game team should play the game and the roles they wanna change if you want to do it right.
calicfer (NA)
: the normal mode is a "fun mode" that is a light break from slugging it through. And you can play onslaught without try-harding too much... Its PVE with 2 retries per level. Who cares that much if you screw up? Now as to the quests: Are you suggesting Riot should give away free memorabilia just for participating? sure you get the icon... But it is nice to have a reward/incentive for try-harding on the fun game mode. Don't have enough time to earn champs? well then I expect you have a job and can buy them with real money...
> [{quoted}](name=calicfer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dYHJ9rgE,comment-id=00080002,timestamp=2017-09-08T19:43:07.042+0000) > > the normal mode is a "fun mode" that is a light break from slugging it through. >And you can play onslaught without try-harding too much... Its PVE with 2 retries per level. Who cares that much if you screw up? > >Now as to the quests: Are you suggesting Riot should give away free memorabilia just for participating? sure you get the icon... But it is nice to >have a reward/incentive for try-harding on the fun game mode. > >Don't have enough time to earn champs? well then I expect you have a job and can buy them with real money... As for the tryhard - why not making more difficulty levels then? Like with Doom bots. You had your fun mode, then for tryhards there was really hard difficulty. All I wanted to do was to finish the mode without the need to google strategy and get my own team with Discord communication and tryhard as if I was doing some WoW raid or something. That's for those who likes that shit. Give me some fun mode I can enjoy when I come back from work, tired and not really in a mood for tryhard. As for participation rewards - no thank you. That is downright retarded. Also buying champs with real money is one thing I never understood. Why would I do it? At some point I get them eventually. I am missing 10 at the moment. I rather spend my RPs on nice skins. You can't get those with IP so there's where my RP goes. But Riot made a precedent. With missions you can get a free champion. And now they decided you can't because.... why exactly? Are they loosing money because few people, who most likely would not pay for champs anyways, got 1 champion from missions?
: @Riot : These Star Guardian Quests Ask Way Too Much of the Player(s)
The whole mode is BS. Why should I tryhard in "fun mode"? I thought fun weekend modes were to lighten up the mood and enjoy bit of freedom and just joke around. This sht is intense. You have to tryhard more than in ranked game and the missions are just downright retarded. I'm pissed because I wanted to get champ shards and since I don't have much time to play this looked like fast way to get new champions. But no. I don't have time to waste whole day just to learn strategy of one single stupid mode that goes away soon, then get frustrated by not winning a game and wasting so much time playing it. It's longer than normal game. Concept is great (although I don't like SG theme at all) but the game mode is not fun. It's frustrating and just bad.
Revali (NA)
: Gp used to be able to execute minions to buff others or himself
And I remember milk being much cheaper and computers that used to be big as a living room and being only able to calculate basic math equations that today's calculators do.... Stop living in the past, mate. The future is now.
: A new kind of combat-focused support, centered on getting kills?
I can tell from your post you are not a dedicated support player. We don't play support to get kills. We play support to enhance our team's abilities to better perform their job. And to save their arses when they fuk up. Support with an execute ability is not a support. You want to make support feel useful and powerful? Give them an ability to deal damage to objectives. This is the main reason why supports suck. They have no way how to take down dragon, herald, baron - or more importantly - a tower. In objective-oriented game, support is the only class that can't take down objectives. That is the reason why supports suck and nobody wants ti play them. Except masochistic idiots like me.
: What to do when you get you main two champs and they both get banned every ranked game?
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Inquisitor Kane,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wb8j79nn,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-08-05T14:49:42.666+0000) > > Your argument is like one of those "We use horses for travel. It takes a month to get to the other city but it works. So if you prefer your stupid cars to get to the other town in 20 minutes, go buy a car, I will ride my horse." > > An this, dear sir, is the difference between winners and losers. > > Just look at Blizzard. They look around, find what someone does great, copy it, polish it by throwing lots of money on their copy-cat product, then profit enormously. It worked for WoW, SC, HS, OW... you name it. So obviously it is not a problem to look around and copy something that is good, is working and people like it. It can only improve the state of things. And promotes competition which is always healthy in the business of any kind (maybe expect criminal activities). > > Just to make sure you get it and save you time posting something non-related - I am not saying Paladins will be better than LoL or anything like that. Because those are two different types of games, companies and so on. What I am saying is, that this company got the ranked system just right. And Riot should too. > > Why couldn't LoL change it that way? Why should Riot keep doing something wrong, if they doesn't have to? I am just pointing out that someone did it and there is nothing to be scared of. > > PS: I actually enjoy rankeds in Paladins more and even though I am playing LoL for 3+ years and Paladins only for 3+ months, I already played more rankeds in Paladins than in LoL overall :-)) So you don't have to tell me to play what I enjoy more, to me it is logical and I do it already. ;-) Ohh Blizzards decisions worked in wow, sc, diablo? Is that why all those games lost most of population?
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wb8j79nn,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-08-05T14:52:03.813+0000) > > Ohh Blizzards decisions worked in wow, sc, diablo? Is that why all those games lost most of population? You mean WoW, the best mmorpg there was for nearly 2 decades? Uncontested, spawned hundreds of better and worse copy-cat games, and could keep "pay to play" scheme even at the times when all other games had to either go F2P or shut down? I say yes, it worked like charm. Starcraft? Most popular RTS till this day, mother of eSport? Game that is played even today, despite it being released in 90's? I say they did a lot of good stuff. Or Diablo? That surely got profit only because people were starved for 3rd game and by the time it was released fanboys would buy any crap if you stick Blizzard and Diablo logo on it? People buy that crap of a game even today. Despite it being garbage. Sure, it was not as popular as it could be, but for being what it is (a steaming pile of poop) it did pretty well. And they deleted auction immediately as they got negative vibes from the community. Something Riot doesn't do since mid Season 4. Blizz started to lose their fans only recently, because they got too big and too greedy. Something Riot is getting into right now. But since recently, Blizzard was big, and had great ways with their fans. (Don't get me wrong, I hate Blizzard since W3FT when they all became braindead and all the good people, the real game makers were forced to leave.. but their marketing is still one of the best.)
archerno1 (EUNE)
: I dont understand people coming with: "Oh look, this random game uses this system which is better" If u like them better, go play here. League of Legwnds uses its own system, it wont copy inferior games. If u like em better, go play there. Im sure, since they have so much better system that its more popular than League.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wb8j79nn,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-08-05T14:35:02.508+0000) > > I dont understand people coming with: > > "Oh look, this random game uses this system which is better" > > If u like them better, go play here. League of Legwnds uses its own system, it wont copy inferior games. If u like em better, go play there. Im sure, since they have so much better system that its more popular than League. Your argument is like one of those "We use horses for travel. It takes a month to get to the other city but it works. So if you prefer your stupid cars to get to the other town in 20 minutes, go buy a car, I will ride my horse." An this, dear sir, is the difference between winners and losers. Just look at Blizzard. They look around, find what someone does great, copy it, polish it by throwing lots of money on their copy-cat product, then profit enormously. It worked for WoW, SC, HS, OW... you name it. So obviously it is not a problem to look around and copy something that is good, is working and people like it. It can only improve the state of things. And promotes competition which is always healthy in the business of any kind (maybe expect criminal activities). Just to make sure you get it and save you time posting something non-related - I am not saying Paladins will be better than LoL or anything like that. Because those are two different types of games, companies and so on. What I am saying is, that this company got the ranked system just right. And Riot should too. Why couldn't LoL change it that way? Why should Riot keep doing something wrong, if they doesn't have to? I am just pointing out that someone did it and there is nothing to be scared of. PS: I actually enjoy rankeds in Paladins more and even though I am playing LoL for 3+ years and Paladins only for 3+ months, I already played more rankeds in Paladins than in LoL overall :-)) So you don't have to tell me to play what I enjoy more, to me it is logical and I do it already. ;-)
Velthios (NA)
: Riot, They broke your banning system and it's DISGUSTING
Wanna hear a joke? 2 days ago on Czech boards dude posted a thread about getting banned for intentional feed. Guess what - he is a new player, fresh level 30 - who obviously is going to feed and play badly, because this game is hard and he is new. Yet - he got banned just for learning to play the game. While tards like those in the video run free, ruining the games on purpose. WP RIOT, WP.
Rioter Comments
: Maybe assassin items should be exclusive to assassin champions
#we need more "melee only" and "ranged only" items I've been saying that for years now. Having the same items usable by marksmen and assassins both make it so that when you buff it for marksmen you overbuff asassins. And then when you nerf assassins, you render marksmen useless. But that would require ballance team to play the actual game at lerast once in a week and Meddler to take his head out of his arse and leave Riot finally.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheViper7911,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A11REcT2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-16T19:47:23.218+0000) > > None. No one cares about blind. Instant locking is against the summoners code, please don't be a jerk.
Sure, it is against Summoner's Code. But Summoner's Code is not a law. Only a guide on "how not to be a d-bag". Instalocking is a jerk move but it is not an offence. You are playing blind pick. First come, first serve. Instalock is just a part of blind pick. Like random champions in ARAM. Sure, it would be nice if everybody was following call order in chat, but let's be real. People will instalock because they want to play certain champion. Nothing you can do abo.. oh wait. Don't play stupid blind pick and play draft instead. Easy :-) There is no instalock in draft and chance for troll going other than assigned role is very small. GL&HF
: There are some champions where you can 1v1 a 3/0 enemy and still kill them.
It all depends on champions and situations. If you let Ilaoi get items even 0/5 ILlaoi in mid game starts wrecking shit. Also 0/7 Vayne in late game with 4 items starts miraculously 1v5 everybody. But in general, no. You can't 1v1 if you are behind. 3/0 enemy has item and level advantage over you. So unless you stop feeding, farm up levels and gerar, you can't 1v1 them. If oyu do, you feed more.
: Oh wow. Really? You think that these "DPS" characters are perfectly balanced while being able to 1-shot people late game? You're probably the same person who'd argue that Rengar 1-shotting people while ahead 10 kills was imbalanced, yet here it's okay because they're "late game hyper carries". No champion or class of champions should be able to do this to someone. It's not fun for any player on the receiving end, and it's really frustrating when champions labled as "DPS Heroes" are bursting faster than those designed quickly take out targets.
> You think that these "DPS" characters are perfectly balanced while being able to 1-shot people late game? Crit chance. > You're probably the same person who'd argue that Rengar 1-shotting people while ahead 10 kills was imbalanced Anyone even 5 kills ahead have a right to one shot you. > No champion or class of champions should be able to do this to someone. How about assassins and burst mages? Who are designed to BURST you down within a second. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it is impossible. If you don't know lethality items were buffed. You should be able to one shot squishies as before. > "DPS Heroes" are bursting faster than those designed quickly take out targets. Jhin is not DPS. Jhin is burst damage and that is what he does. If you want DPS let's talk Caitlyn. Sivir. Or Tristana. But not Jhin. Also I still have to see Vayne or Twitch one shot someone. They can't do that unless fed and shooting someone far behind.
dnsup (NA)
: Re "Poro King Again?" (L4T3NCY, GHOSTCRAWLER, MEDDLER & RUMTUMTUMMERS)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KH6qVhvp,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-07-16T04:22:41.764+0000) > > The worst team I've had thus-far is: > {{champion:92}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:67}} > > I was the support that game and I just dodged. I'm surprised at how these mobility flashy characters are the most popular (squishy, don't really have any AOE, and take a ton of time to practice to do anything) Like I've always naturally been drawn towards AOE artillery style characters and battle tanks. But so many games go without them.
You said it yourself. MOBILITY and FLASHY. Kids love flashy things. Because they've seen gosu, box box, Cowsep and co. montages and it looks SOO COOOL MAAAAAN... so they have to pick it and be as flashy and 65/2/4 as those cool people so they can also be YT stars!!! And then they feed, rage and flame because they have no idea how to play this game and have 0 basics. :/
: It's really sad being 1-shot by an ADC as an Assassin.
Oh wow. Really? Twitch, Vayne and Jhin? Are you kidding me? You mention literally 3 late game hyper carries and still wonder you get one shot late game? As an assassin it is your job to shut them down early and not allow them become late game monsters. Also all 3 of them put a timer on your game. If you feed them or let the game go over 25-35 minutes (depends on elo and ADC skill), it's pretty much gg. And also it sounds like you don't watch when and how they use their abilities so you go in when they have all CDs up and then can kill you. Watch for flash, heal, ult and you should be good.
: I feel like it's the other way around. I'm in Plat and people are way more toxic. The reason being that high elo players can point out other people's mistakes more easily than others.
You problem is that most of the plat 5-4 are just boosted bronze-low gold players. So they bring the low elo toxicity with them. EDIT: I have few real plat players in my friend list and play with them normals on occasion. They are not toxic, but since I am low silver, they never listen to my shot call. Even if it's a good call, they never acknowledge that and do whatever. But that's a low price for having mates who (outside of the game) can help me get better with advice and answering noob questions :)
: Gold-Plat elo is such a joke
All elo below Dia 3 is a joke. Because of elo boosting and smurfing that Riot condones and does nothing against, since Season 4 divisions means nothing.
: Q: How to take Draven down? A: Kill him and don't die. Really sound advice. I know denying passive stacks is big, but he really needs some counterplay that's more than just "kill him", since that pretty much applies as counterplay to anyone that isn't Yasuo.
Since you get so many responses I am not going to repeat them, they are all legit. I just add that if there was no counterplay he would be nerfed long time ago. He had about 52% win rate in high elo which means he is not broken. And it went up to 55% just recently and that is because Lethality got buffed. Just wait till they nerf lethality or Draven and he'll be gone.
Rexxiee (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Inquisitor Kane,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aursbbtQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-14T18:54:30.872+0000) > > If he doesn't get fed, he is weak mid and late. > > Draven needs 2 things: > 1. Get tons of stacks and then proc his passive > 2. Get items > > If you kill him and make him lose stacks you render his passive useless and much harder to achieve point 2. > > And Draven without items is very weak because his damage is very dependable on itemisation (that is why he is so often out of META because he needs specific, expensive items to be good, to prosper). > > So basically - you fed him and he is invincible early to late. You do not feed him, then kill him few times to delete his passive stacks.. and he is useless from mid to late. > > Hope this helps :-) What champ isnt weak if they dont have items except supports like janna? nice fucking argument lmao, draven mains trying to defend their blatant op champ.
> nice fucking argument lmao, draven mains trying to defend their blatant op champ. If he is so "blatant OP" why don't you play him and climb the ladder? > What champ isnt weak if they dont have items except supports like janna? Any good utility support: Thresh, Blitz, Soraka, Janna, Nami, Morgana, Lulu, Nautilus... should I continue? It's a long list.
: What phase is draven ever weak?
If he doesn't get fed, he is weak mid and late. Draven needs 2 things: 1. Get tons of stacks and then proc his passive 2. Get items If you kill him and make him lose stacks you render his passive useless and much harder to achieve point 2. And Draven without items is very weak because his damage is very dependable on itemisation (that is why he is so often out of META because he needs specific, expensive items to be good, to prosper). So basically - you fed him and he is invincible early to late. You do not feed him, then kill him few times to delete his passive stacks.. and he is useless from mid to late. Hope this helps :-)
: save the replays......make them a formate riot can view..send a support ticket with names..and start flooding there support system....with actual you know..reports...
Great idea, will not work. Riot's ROFL files are usable only for 2 weeks, before new patch hits. And that ticket will be reviewed maybe half a year later. So your advice is good, just don't send any files. Upload the video on YouTube or Plays.tv and then send the link. But +1 because that might actually be the right way to do it.
: Speaking of garbage, your name. Filing a report after typing this. What the hell.
[I guess he hates that outdoor company so much...???](https://www.blacks.co.uk/) https://i.imgflip.com/za8sv.jpg
: Why cant LoL have teamchat/voice chat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewmg0uXU2cM&t=31s Do you really need more reasons?
: How to deal with ELO terrorists?
First of all - wording. He was not a terrorist. He was just a douche bag.He obviously was not hijacking the game, just wanted to play Katarina, even top lane. Sounds like he did not care what lane, just wanted to play Kat. Secondly if you played he would go Katarina top. Even though he would feed, you still had chance to play it out and maybe even win. If the rest of you pulled it together. Chances would be minimal, but still chances. You could use him as meatshield to soak up enemy ults and important CC then clean up and push objectives. Or split push. Or.. something. And mostly - after game you could report him for trolling and intentional feed. It would be justified and he would get punished.
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8TJ4oZaR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-14T17:39:50.936+0000) > > You shouldn't dodge, it's better to stick it out and report them after the game, if you don't do it, then that player will never get punished for role-stealing, because dodged games do not get reviewed for chat. Not true. Rito has access to all of Pregame chat. Just take screenies and send in a ticket to report them.
Oh yes good luck with that :D Support is cluttered with BS messages like "when is URF coming back" and "i got banned for nothing". To sort out report ticket will take months. And it will end up on pile of other reports that came through the report system and have higher priority. Reporting like this is in my opinion not really doing anything. But maybe I am wrong...
: What do people think about an in-game voice chat system?
nope, nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE. It may be OK for NA or single langauge servers, but EU would be a mess. For comparsion - I started to play Paladins. Didn't even know it has a voice chat. In my first game some kid started to give us commands in very bad English. I had to mute him and some other kid who started to argue with him. Next game, we just joined lobby and first thing I hear is one guy talking to his mom in some weird language and another guy listening to some kind of... "music" I guess .... so loud it was unbearable. At that moment I turned off the voice chat, never ever had a problem. Everybody uses either chat or in-game voice commands and I never had a problem. Also I am flame-free from toxic players who just HAVE TO tell you how bad you are, because obviously it helps :-D So, thank you, but NO. Btw. you reminded me of this funny video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqnCfxKdSao
Lace Up (NA)
: Let me say that I do always buy red trinket if I'm playing AP fid haha
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Wygol (EUW)
: Is Kayn the first canonically gay Champion?
It's transgender Jinx from alternative universe. Just look at him in game.
: Why Riot missed the Mark with Kindred.
> Why Riot missed the Mark with Kindred. Because she's a **MARKS**(wo)man, right? http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/074/461/I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_HOLYSHIT.jpg
Lace Up (NA)
: I would like to change to a red trinket, but considering I typically place more wards than the rest of my team combined, I can't afford to get rid of the yellow :/
Sine you have already tons of CC, why not going for green jungle knife and have wards from that? I don't think Fidel needs blue smite. By the time your fear or silence is gone they should be dead. And still if youu need slow, get Ryali. It procs with all your skills, E and R makes it AoE... way better than blue smite. And this way you can have your red trinket and still place wards. Ulting over the wall from warded bush is one of the worst things that can happen to poor ol' Fidel. (Ofc I mean this only as and advice and another idea to think about, don't take it wrong pls.)
Lace Up (NA)
: I think I may be on to something here
: Well remember, supports do more than just zone. They also peel. Those three can't peel. Also Lux cannot zone and becomes irrelevant into the mid game as a support.
But what is peel then? Lux and Zyra can root the enemy so ADC can move away. Xin can knock them up (Q) or just kick them away (R). How is that different from... don't know.. Thresh's (E) or (Q)? Also the point was whether to include zoning as an important factor to the support role, or not. Not about if Xin is good support.
Fahr3nh3it (EUNE)
: Before I say anything I would like to make this clear: I did NOT talk about ranked SPECIFICALLY, but instead what I had in mind was any kind of game that has pick queue and bans - that is **Draft, Solo/Duo and Flex**. I think even an amoeba wouldn't play a new champion in any kind of ranked games, because everybody should actually learn to play they champions they're playing first, and I'll agree with you that new champions should be banned in **RANKED** games for the first two weeks. Now, I think your comment conveyed extreme negativity, along with most of your opinions having no constructive criticism related to the post I made. > You, sir, you are bright example of why you should never pick new champ for rankeds and why we ban new champs. Did having no actual arguments towards the topic of the discussion make you attack me _ad personam_? You could easily replace this with an actual insight, this comment was not necessary > I looked at your stats, you play Kayne all right, but you always get carried. In each game you feed, your kill participation is terrible and even in the game you won and had like 30 kills, you died 10 times. You have no idea how to play him yet you insist on picking it in ranked games. WHY, DUDE, WHY? How can you say that I always get carried, even though you saw that I play Kayn all right? You contradict yourself. Also, you must have selective observational skills, as you didn't notice that the only games I played Kayn in were **NORMAL DRAFTS**. Also I did not **INSIST** that he should be picked in ranked games. Please read carefully. > Banning champion so your team mate doesn't pick it - especially in low elo - is wise strategic move. Why do you think I always ban Vayne or Yasuo? Because low elo Vayne/Yasuo are garbage that are losing me games. If you are in diamond, then you can stop banning your team mates's picks because they should know how to play it. Repat: SHOULD KNOW. You cannot compare a skill with a champion to the elo the summoner is in. For example, I have over 140,000 mastery points on my main champion Jhin, and a high win rate. Does that mean, by your logic, that one of my teammates (that doesn't know about my champion skill level) should ban my Jhin in lobby, **even if it isn't ranked**, just to prevent even the slightest _possibility_ that I might suck? This way nobody would have any chance to learn to play any champion. The situation I described, where my teammate banned Kayn on purpose, happened in a **normal draft** lobby. Also, it is generally seen as a jerk move to ban a champion that your teammate would like to play as, and there is no denying that anyone who does that is also seen as a jerk by their team, and the whole community, if they behave like that constantly. > This is so stupidly childish... like "mom, he rolled over my sand castle with his toy car, take that toy car away from him beeeeeeeeee" The point is not to take the toy car away from the child, but to teach the child not to roll over sand castles. Again, please read carefully. Next time before you comment, make sure you can provide more useful insight or information than negativity. **_A wise man once said nothing_**
> Before I say anything I would like to make this clear: I did NOT talk about ranked SPECIFICALLY, but instead what I had in mind was any kind of game that has pick queue and bans - that is Draft, Solo/Duo and Flex. You still have blind picks and I didn't say new champ should be banned from normal draft. So what is exactly your point? You have a possibility to play your champion in blind pick. Going into ranked games knowing it's gonna get banned like 99% and then crying about it, is pure madness. > Did having no actual arguments towards the topic of the discussion make you attack me ad personam? You could easily replace this with an actual insight, this comment was not necessary Actually I believe it was illustrating my point very nicely. If you take it as an attack, well, that's your point of view, I can't change that. Anyways, I mentioned it because if we met in a ranked team, you told me not to ban Kayn and then I checked your OP.GG, I would 100% ban him. Just to make sure you will not throw my game playing something you clearly have no idea how to play. I do it with every Vayne and Yasuo intent pickers and so far it saved me a lot of elo. Therefore if your team mates do as I do (and many ppl check your OP.GG in lobby), then I hope you understand now why would people ban it in ranked even if you intent pick it. > You cannot compare a skill with a champion to the elo the summoner is in. For example, I have over 140,000 mastery points on my main champion Jhin, and a high win rate. Does that mean, by your logic, that one of my teammates (that doesn't know about my champion skill level) should ban my Jhin in lobby, even if it isn't ranked, just to prevent even the slightest possibility that I might suck? This way nobody would have any chance to learn to play any champion. The situation I described, where my teammate banned Kayn on purpose, happened in a normal draft lobby. I know Heimerdinger with 7 million mastery point and lvl 7 badge... stuck in bronze 5 because he suck. I agree that banning intent pick in normal game is jerk move. But in ranked it is justifiable. Also if your team mate checked your Jhin stats and have seen you are good, he would not ban your pick. Also "This way nobody would have any chance to learn to play any champion. " is irrelevant. There are nearly 140 champions and you can ban max 10 of them. Still have plenty to choose from to learn. Yes, it sucks if they ban your desired champ, but shit happens. Life suck. Get used to it. The sooner the better ;-) > The point is not to take the toy car away from the child, but to teach the child not to roll over sand castles. Again, please read carefully. I read it carefully. Still, my point stands. By this jerk move you would only create more trolls and discord in a lobby than now. Let use Kayn for an example. I guarantee you at least 3 people on your team wants to see Kayn banned at the moment. If you intent pick it so they can't ban it they start to abuse you verbally not to pick it. If you insist, they will troll because "you already lost their game" (by the low elo logic). So now you have at least 3 trolls in the team and nobody is happy. Compared to how it is now when you have only one unhappy, potentially trolling ashole, it's way better. Just basic math, percentage and probability. > A wise man once said nothing That is why you and me both are writing these walls of text ;-) Also if I really wanted to be nasty, I would remind you of the famous quote about quoting people :-)))))
: can i climb playing xayah ,?
You're bronze. You can climb with anything up to plat. Your problem is not the champion but lack of basic knowledge and skill. Work on those then you can climb with any champion you like to play.
: > 1.) Be able to provide support (CC, shield/heal or stat boost (even lowering stats for the enemy would count) Include "Zoning" too. This is what Zyra (and Brand) do. Keep in mind Lux does not do this because her base damage sucks and she doesn't scale without AP.
I would argue about that "zoning" thing. I can zone you out with many champions that would be bad supports. Say Pantheon, Xin Zhao... whose all in engage can't be underestimated by squishy bot laners... but would be terrible supports (believe me I tried :D). Even Lux can zone you out with her E. Because even weak E + AA is quite a lot of dmg bot lane early game.
: We need KINGPIN UrGOD!
I think "Debonair" Urgot skin would cover the idea of mafia boss. Or... since we already have "mafia" skin line... I like this idea :D
: Suggestion A Way To Dump Ip
* You can waste IP on chroma packs twice a year. And there is so many chroma packs.... * You can rename yourself for a lot of IP.... * Often there are icons for IP... * You can waste IP on champ shards to get blue essence and get mastery lvl 7 on all your champions.... I am not saying we have enough sink holes for IP but we have more than before. Also helping your ELO with IP... as if it wasn't enough that ranked ladder is garbage and can't be taken seriously and elo boosting is easier than ever... you want to worsen it by buying ello for IP? Plox stahp :-D
Fahr3nh3it (EUNE)
: Banning a teammate's champion - countermeasures and punishments?
#Yes. Newly released champions should be banned from ranked plays at least for 2 weeks. Because on first days of release there are only 2 outcomes: 1.) Shit's broken so whoever picks it wins, and if your team doesn't have first pick and first picker doesn't have the new champ = 100% loss 2.) Nobody knows how to play it and usually new champ end up feeding and losing the whole game And yet, people want to ruin rankeds for others (and themselves) thinking _"I played new champ for 5 times I am good now, gonna carry kids"_. **You, sir, you are bright example of why you should never pick new champ for rankeds and why we ban new champs.** I looked at your stats, you play Kayne all right, but you always get carried. In each game you feed, your kill participation is terrible and even in the game you won and had like 30 kills, you died 10 times. You have no idea how to play him yet you insist on picking it in ranked games. WHY, DUDE, WHY? But back to your post... If you start trolling because someone banned your champion, you are not fit to play this game. Go play tetris. **Banning champion so your team mate doesn't pick it - especially in low elo - is wise strategic move.** Why do you think I always ban Vayne or Yasuo? Because low elo Vayne/Yasuo are garbage that are losing me games. If you are in diamond, then you can stop banning your team mates's picks because they should know how to play it. Repat: SHOULD KNOW. > 1. When a teammate picks a campion, make the champion unable to be banned. BS. You can abuse it by clicking on Teemo, then not pick him and let Teemo open for the enemy. And since your top laner is Trynda and was counting on you first picking Teemo, now he is going to have a bad game. Or make any other example. And as I said before - banning your own team is good in low elo. > 2. When one of your teammates bans your champion, they get a ban restriction for the next game This is so stupidly childish... like _"mom, he rolled over my sand castle with his toy car, take that toy car away from him beeeeeeeeee"_ What good would that do? Forcing us let you play something you clearly can't, making it harder for our team to carry you? No, thank you. I rather ban the new champion and risk that 33% chance of kid starting to troll. After game I can give him report and he'll get punished for being a wanker. And there is still 66% chance he either dodge or calm down. But for real - new champs should be disabled for ranked games at least for 2 weeks, until builds settle down, some guides are made and until they get patched if needed (whether buff or nerf depends on OPness of the champion). GL&HF
: Pantheon has had a 53%-55% win rate for about 6 months now if not more
> Pantheon has had a 53%-55% win rate for about 6 months now if not more And yet you never play him.... you don't even play rankeds. Why do you care? And why don't you abuse the freelo?
: [Meta] "PICK A REAL SUPPORT!"
There are two things that defines real support: 1.) Be able to provide support (CC, shield/heal or stat boost (even lowering stats for the enemy would count) 2.) Be able to do his/her job without the need of items, scaling into game purely by gaining levels The second point is the reason why i.e. Lux support is only played in low elo and is not effective.
: Riot doesn't do much to stop the creation of new accounts. Account creation is pretty much unregulated. Riot would prefer to go after players who abuse the system rather than those who make new accounts. I would personally prefer they disallowed smurphs to que with lower elo account. Like if after 5 games the MMR rating goes to 1400 and the duo partner is at 700, lock that smurph for 10 games to play by himself to see if the elo goes up or down. I don't know, something like that is really complicated so I can understand Riot not wanting to take a good look at it.
That's actually a solid idea. I reallly like it. But once again: no smurfs = no money from exp boosts = bad business = Riot never turn down good business = never gonna happen :-((
Kloqdq (NA)
: I wish they would just suck it up and change it. People that smurf are either people that need another account in high elo to help avoid long queues and have back ups just in case. The other kind of people are the ones that just want to smash low elo players. I suggested this before but an account link feature to create another account and get it into your main's ELO would remove the people that want a smurf for legit reasons and still help push people from the grind of smurfing to somewhere else.
The only way how to make it work would be that linked accounts would be banned from soloQ (still eligible for flex que). But then people would never link their accounts and just make new ones for elo boosting frineds and strangers for money.
: > [{quoted}](name=Inquisitor Kane,realm=EUNE,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=jYdwrZiG,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-11T16:58:33.972+0000) > > So high elo player wants to play with a low elo friend. Why does he need smurf for? There is this thing called normal draft... or blind pick... no need for smurf. Smurfing dia player with bronze friend will not only have boring games where he always goes 35/2/1, he can also fck up promos for low elo players and worst of it all - he will boost his bronze friend into gold and then this poor sod can't play rankeds anymore because boosted bronze will fall down to bronze within few games. So what good can come out of it? I see only downsides. > Personally, I can name a few good reasons. I play with friends who are all bronze/silver and I'm diamond 5, I'm also that guy that uses lolskill in norms, and I can tell you as a duo q with me being diamond and my partner being silver, we 90% of the time get him matched against all plats and diamonds in normals (or rarely we just go in duo q against a 5 man that's gold and communicating) In ranked queue, the issue is not being able to play at all due to rank brackets, in norms the MMR makes their experience more hell and makes yours just as hell carrying them. I personally don't have a smurf (well I do.. but its been level 7 for the past 2 years cause I'm lazy) but if I have any reason to outside just having a pure one trick account or to play on a different region without transferring its partly because of the normals mmr issue. > Normal draft or Blind pick... hello? Anybody ever heard about those ancient modes? Those are for fun and practice. And don't give me that BS about how ppl don't care in normal draft. They sometimes care more than in rankeds. Also if you wanna practice, those games are good enough. And if you are OK with that champ, play in ranked. Easy. > > A.k.a. "I hit my skill ceiling so instead of working on my flaws I need to unwind by stomping low elo noobs." 100% legit reason for smurfing, right? Normals don't really teach you anything. I'm level 7 on a lot of the junglers in this game, and I can only play 2 or 3 of them in solo queue ranked reliably. In norms, me going 13-0 is just giving me false confidence to go 0-13 on xin or yi in ranked. Its best to practice champions in ranked where all players are trying at their highest skill rating otherwise you might as well include using bots to learn champions. I'd say the best thing to do right now wouldn't be to smurf but rather just use flex queue for this sorta thing, its honestly like a separate ranked queue for you to mess around in but people try decently enough to learn from it. Reaching your skill ceiling isn't bad, and sometimes its just boring. A lot of people don't want to climb any high (I could've been plat last season, but stopped gold 5 0lp, and this season I stopped playing ranked at diamond 5 but I'm slowly climbing on 1 game a week to stop mmr drop) and because of this, some want to see progression again for their own or other's entertainment. Granted it may seem unfair with the match making, but regardless is adds to the same argument for feeders or afks on your team: its a 50/50 either you or the enemy will get them. > **Divisions under Diamond 2 are a joke and from about 100 people in my friend list there are only about 20 that are where they are because of their real skill.** What does this have to do with smurfing? Like I said, some people just don't care. I solo ranked climbed to diamond 5 and I'm personally proud of myself for that, and I simply don't care to overachieve what any league player probably dreamed of when they jumped into ranked. I feel being stereotypically insulted that I should be automatically called a boosted monkey for being D5 (yes there's a skillgate between D3 and D4 but diamond doesn't mean you're shit like you claim its just turning into the dumpster elo). Believe me, if that person is boosted and played in diamond elo more than a week then they should be dropped by then, if not maybe they really are fine in that rating until they get banned for boosting, you still have to respect that diamond is, no if buts or maybes, a top percentage rating and its populated, d5-d1, by some of the best. Its also worth mentioning anybody above a particular rating would call what's below them dumpster, because that's exactly what they view anything below their own skill. > #The last season with people being where they belong (most of them) and when divisions actually meant something was Season 3 and partially 4. Yea I can't argue there, ranked isn't what it used to be and the community hasn't been kind to it either, you're either automatically bronze trash or you're automatically assumed boosted if you're any higher. I can't find a pants are dragon video, a challenger player, without him being called boosted in a serious manner, I personally don't watch him but that's just an example.
Thanks for a nice reply. Nice to see the other viewpoint. I know you said you don't smurf, but just to make it easier, I'll answer as if you were one of them. Don't want to ned up confused who am I talking about and who am I talking to. So excuse me in advance, please :-) > In ranked queue, the issue is not being able to play at all due to rank brackets, in norms the MMR makes their experience more hell and makes yours just as hell carrying them. If you make an unranked smurf and play normals with your bronze friends, that would be totally fine. No harm done if smurfs stomp a normal game every now and then. It may be a good eye-opener to those low elo challengers being stuck in low elo hell :-D But why do you have to play rankeds? Why fck up games for everybody? > Normals don't really teach you anything. I'm level 7 on a lot of the junglers in this game, and I can only play 2 or 3 of them in solo queue ranked reliably. In norms, me going 13-0 is just giving me false confidence to go 0-13 on xin or yi in ranked. I can't fully agree on this. Sure, mastery levels are not an indication. I know Heimerdinger "main" who has lvl 7, 4 million mastery points and he is Bronze 5 because he is garbage player. But back to the point: You can still practice last hitting, animation cancels, skill combos and many other things like roamingh, warding, map awareness, etc. ... in normals. Also these days so many ppl tryhard in normals it's becoming pathetic and even harder than soloQ. At least down here. Also how long do you need to practice? high elo needs just few games to get the hang of it then can hit the soloQ. Or - as you exactly mentioned what I wanted to suggest - go play flexQ. Ppl take it seriously enough to play at their best, and if you are like me, you take it as a secondary normal draft so win/loss won't get under your skin. > What does this have to do with smurfing? Like I said, some people just don't care. I solo ranked climbed to diamond 5 and I'm personally proud of myself for that, Boosted "animals" have everything to do with smurfs. Thanks to smurfing being allowed, it's harder to catch elo boosters. And even "playing with low elo friends" messed up ranks beyond repair. I have platinum friends who have no idea how runes and masteries work. Diamond support who lays 3 wards per game and never buys Sightstone. Plat 4 ADC main whose average CS per 10 minutes is fcking 60. Even I, low silver support can get 60CS per 10 minutes if I am forced to play ADC once a month... Wanna guess how they got there? Right. High elo friends smurfing with them, playing "rankeds for fun". Or just openly elo boosted them because Riot would never do shit about it. Have a good friend who boosted 3 ppl to mid gold already just for fun. > Believe me, if that person is boosted and played in diamond elo more than a week then they should be dropped by then, if not maybe they really are fine in that rating until they get banned for boosting, you still have to respect that diamond is, no if buts or maybes, a top percentage rating and its populated, d5-d1, by some of the best. And this is the thing. I respect everybody who gets to their division on their own. Because whether you are master, diamond or silver player - if you play on your own level, it's equally hard to win the game. But these days, how can you tell who is in that rank by actually being good? I checked my Plat 3 friend (jungle main) who could not raise above Plat 2 for the life of him. Now he's hovering between Dia5 - Dia 4. Last year he got Dia because he started to play FlexQ (the only rankeds at the time) with 4 people who were plat2 - dia3. Now he is playing with one of them, Dia ADC every time he is about to drop from Dia5. 90% of my gold friends are boosted, in Season 3 they would be in silver 5 - Silver 2. But meanwhile they got high elo friends so they are mid to high gold now. How can I respect that? And mostly - how can I believe that "this" dia player is real dia player? Today you have to check everyone's op.gg and waste 5-15 minutes checking them just to make sure. And I am sick of it. Mostly because these players now have ego of real high elo players while creating clown fiestas in their ranked games... :-( And nobody does anything about it.
: Not gonna lie, I smurf, and I'll take all the spit I deserve, but even then I'm still going to be at it for selfish reasons explained below. There's this thing, it's called ultra rapid fire, and I love it. But then ~~I took an arrow in the knee~~ riot thought it's ok to take it off the altar and replace it with arurf and convince us it's same thing when, well, a rock doesn't hold the value of a gold even if they happen to weigh the same. Since then I could spam hundreds a game and literally have 0 chance of playing the champion I want (note that even if I miraculously get a decent champ someone in champ select would suddenly feel a helpless urge to dodge). After a while, I had to admit that if I want even just 1% chance of getting something I want to play, I will have to make a new account and buy only the champions I wish to play, and with enough rolls stocked up from playing aram, gambling on the chance that I won't get free rotation ones, and pretending I'm a hot girl irl so my teammates will feel less inclined to click the x button, I might just make that one game or two happen. So yes, I'm evil, and I'm sorry varus with the {{item:3077}} and the {{item:3089}} {{champion:19}}, I shouldn't have been in your game, and I'm well aware I'm doing bad things for my own benefit without concern of others ( ' _/\_ ' )
If you make new account, get few specific champions and only play normal games, there is nothing wrong with it. As long as you don't fck up soloQ, knock yourself out. My OP was about those people, who are ruining ladder all across the board. How would you like if challenger smurf came to your Dia promo game and fcked it up for funzies? :-/
Arakadia (NA)
: The entire skins haven't even been showcased yet. Slow down.
But they had been: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/07/omega-squad-twitch-tristana-fizz-and.html And I stand my ground - good ideas but hastily scrambled together for fast cash.
Show more

Inquisitor Kane

Level 94 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion