: > [{quoted}](name=Louka221,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6oEjt0d0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T18:03:15.575+0000) > > so we cant play together? unless you move closer to the servers then you cant really fix that issue. That said though... there are posts about people in dubai having a stable 100-150 ping. Thats doable, but still bad. To get that you probably need a better provider.
> [{quoted}](name=Live2LetDie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6oEjt0d0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T18:07:05.221+0000) > > unless you move closer to the servers then you cant really fix that issue. That said though... there are posts about people in dubai having a stable 100-150 ping. Thats doable, but still bad. To get that you probably need a better provider. if i play alone I usually get ping around 100-120 but it jumps to +7000 when we both play Thx
: Ping is how long it takes for information to go from your computer, to Riot's server, and back to your computer, measured in milliseconds. If your ping is in the 700's, you've got a serious problem with the overall route the data is taking. That's not a problem with your wireless router. Ping (milliseconds) and Bandwidth (Megabits per second, or Mbps) are completely unrelated. This is most noticeable with satellite internet services, which in the best case scenarios can have a Ping of about 500-600ms, but can still offer plenty of Bandwidth - making them absolutely terrible for real-time gaming, but completely fine for streaming HD videos. I suspect that when you say "upgraded the wifi connection" you mean you've changed to a satellite connection for your internet.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6oEjt0d0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-14T18:06:57.699+0000) > > Ping is how long it takes for information to go from your computer, to Riot's server, and back to your computer, measured in milliseconds. If your ping is in the 700's, you've got a serious problem with the overall route the data is taking. That's not a problem with your wireless router. > > Ping (milliseconds) and Bandwidth (Megabits per second, or Mbps) are completely unrelated. This is most noticeable with satellite internet services, which in the best case scenarios can have a Ping of about 500-600ms, but can still offer plenty of Bandwidth - making them absolutely terrible for real-time gaming, but completely fine for streaming HD videos. > > I suspect that when you say "upgraded the wifi connection" you mean you've changed to a satellite connection for your internet. if one of us plays the ping is about 100-120 which is fine by me.but what i dont get is why it jumps to 7000 when we both play also thx
: so ping is basically the amount of time it takes your data to get to riot and then back to you. This is more of your distance from the server than your conneciton in house
> [{quoted}](name=Live2LetDie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6oEjt0d0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-14T17:58:50.343+0000) > > so ping is basically the amount of time it takes your data to get to riot and then back to you. This is more of your distance from the server than your conneciton in house so we cant play together?
Rioter Comments

Louka221

Level 133 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion