: What happened to League after season 5
They reworked my Poppy {{champion:78}} and i cursed them with the intention of the game dying
: But your op gg shows u are blitz main
I was blitz second, always.
Rioter Comments
: Next week: Bring a 5 minute surrender please. We know these games are done by first blood anyways.
They are often done in champ select now
saltran (EUW)
: I still don0t get it, what's exactly the secret mmr
Its the thing that decides who you are matched with and against. But its hidden.
Rioter Comments
: Hit Master on my main account 2 weeks ago. Here's what I've learned.
No amount of philosophy is gonna help you when your bot goes 0/12 and refuses to ff.
: "We're nerfing Poppy's positioning ability and defensive values because she's too stat checky"
Give me my prerework {{champion:78}} back Riot i told you after reworking her your game will die and its happening. Your only chance is to surrender to my demands.
Rioter Comments
: "Forced 50% WR" is just a result of reaching your peak.
Even riot admitted every team has 50% chance to win lol.
CppL (EUW)
: After i unnnistaled the game ,yea i have plenty of fun.
: Is anyone having fun?
I uninstalled so I am.
: Why are you nerfing Poppy when she's at 48.55% win rate and the BOTTOM for performance in Top Lane?
: What's taken the fun out of league for you?
They reworked my {{champion:78}} game has never bees as fun after
Hibeki (NA)
: If riot wants to stop allegations of game states they need to start providing actual info.
emajul4 (EUNE)
: Move duo to flexque
that would make too much sense thus wont happen
: Top 50 Challenger Can Duo
" It threatens the ranked system's integrity " In order for something to be threatened it must be there in the first place.
Eedat (NA)
: Thats what matchmaking should do. Teams get matched equally. If you are actually performing at a level higher than your MMR, then you will have >50% chance at victory. The thing people complain about is that they think Riot will give them less fsvorable odds if they win some games. People think since they won, the next game will be stacked against them 40/60 which is not true. That is not what is described in your quote. If you win, you will get a fairly matched game the next match. The issue with matchmaking is that humans are extremely inconsistant. A person can go 6/0/5 one game then 1/4/2 the next. There is no way to account for this in matchmaking period.
"Thats what matchmaking should do. Teams get matched equally. If you are actually performing at a level higher than your MMR, then you will have >50% chance at victory." ___________ So the teams wont have 50% chance for vicotry. Either you are wrong or RIOT doesn't know what they are doing. "The issue with matchmaking is that humans are extremely inconsistant." ________________ 37% win rate renekton gold 5 in plat game isnt incosistency. Period. https://imgur.com/a/cvSK0 And yess i checked he had 37% winrate
Rioter Comments
: Team goes 0/13 Before I Get Level 6, How Can I Win?
The only way ou could win is to FF and save TIME. But riot dont want to implement FF at 10, cause they have no idea how their game is shitty now.
: Meanwhile game times have remained practically the same for 3 years despite the addition of ff15
Its not aoubt game times its about when games are decided.
Faliandra (EUW)
: and then there are people crying for nerfs to shields and heals, because god forbid,someone is actually trying to heal/shield through all that power creep. Omg shields so OP, now they have to land one more hit to kill you. Crazy. Nerf plz. /s Please explain to me, why everyone and their mum complains about power creep but at the same time ask for nerfs to Janna and Lulu as if their shields had no CD at all and literally prevented ANYONE from dying. They are doing their job, and yes, they can save people, but I dont think theyre as OP as many people here make them out to be when there's Rengars flying out of brushes and 100 to 0 you in 0.01 seconds with a shield on top of yourself. Maybe there is something that I'm missing,so I'm genuinely asking.
Because its a binary game if you dont blow out opponent first they will do it in retaliation. its boring
: >But it cannot give each team 50% chance to win if it doesn't care about individual win rate. The system tries to recalculate value or strength after every match (your MMR). It uses that estimation when creating matches. All that matters to the system is where you were during queue, and whether you won the specific match it put you in. Everything before you queued up is irrelevant.
"Everything before you queued up is irrelevant." But it is relevant !! You only WISH it weren't
: >No if my win rate is 60% then my teammates must have as much less to balance 50% chance to win. AS RIOT STATED. This goes in both directions. Some times your allies or down and/or enemies are up. Some times *you* are out-match to balance someone else. Ideally, most of the players are close. That's just how the system works. It wants to give each *team* a 50% chance to win. It doesn't care about your individual win rate.
But it cannot give each team 50% chance to win if it doesn't care about individual win rate. If am a challenger smurf in silver elo with 80% winrate my team have much more than 50% chance to win. So either riot dont understand what they claim or they dont understand what they are doing or lie, or combination of them all. That or RIOT knows exactly what its doing but YOU ARE CLUELESS.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mojihito666,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=atUcbvAc,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-05T14:30:59.913+0000) > > Riot: "We do not force 50% winrate" > > Riot : "Your Team has a 50% (+-1) chance to win" what the hell are with these fake riot quotes that they have never said anything like before also the MMR/ELO system does inherantly push your winrate towards 50%. If your win rate is 60%, your ELO goes up and you play against better people until your win rate naturally goes down
"what the hell are with these fake riot quotes that they have never said anything like before" Its not fake lol. It was like from 2 weeks ago. "also the MMR/ELO system does inherantly push your winrate towards 50%. If your win rate is 60%, your ELO goes up and you play against better people until your win rate naturally goes down" No if my win rate is 60% then my teammates must have as much less to balance 50% chance to win. AS RIOT STATED.
Onotori (NA)
: "Oh, you're in promos?"
Riot: "We do not force 50% winrate" Riot : "Your Team has a 50% (+-1) chance to win"
adjoth (NA)
: Can we have a true solo queue?
That would make too much sense
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Hibeki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xR6eJvig,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-19T01:35:39.430+0000) > > >Matchmaking enforces a 50% winrate. > > Im sorry, but this is true. Patterns in streaks clearly show its forced. https://i.gyazo.com/d85b3529a87386c70d84476d86abe94d.png k
Obviously by forcing people means influencing the odds not actually "forcing"
: Across the years from 55% win rate on master tier to 46% win rate on low plat. [Soraka main sadness]
: tip for climbing ranked, don't play on weekends
Weekends have nothing to do with it you just won too much in a row now you must hard carry
: Quality of games is actually garbage.
Game length is not the problem. It is how soon they are decided. ( A lot of them even in champ select !! )
: my IQ dropped 70 points reading this
: Please stop embarrassing these boards with your "forced 50% winrate" conspiracy theories.
: No, if the system truly wanted to force people at 50%, there is no being good enough. Put one Challenger with four Diamond 5 against a team of five Master, and the Challenger will still lose. If the system was truly designed with that 50% goal in mind, that would be damn easy to do. Making a game where each team has 50% chance to win is hard, and every small mistake counts a lot. But if you want to force the result, you can make a game where one team has an 80% chance of win, and if you make a mistake and it's only a 75%, well, doesn't matter, they'll still probably win. If the system really wanted to force the result, it could. And just check random accounts, I told you. You'll see some of them at 48% some at 54%, etc. Point is, not everyone is at 50%, far from it. And you seem to be confusing fair for fun. A fair match is a match where you can't tell before the game starts which team will win. It can still turn out to be a one-sided stomp that is miserable to play through, totally unfun. But if you can't say before the game starts which side will stomp and which will be stomped, that's still a fair match.
"No, if the system truly wanted to force people at 50%, there is no being good enough." You don't understand **the argument**. Stopped reading here.
: https://i.imgur.com/sbbICkd.png Basically the challenger tier speaks for itself. If the matchmaking forced these players to a 50% winrate it could do it quite easily by giving them so shitty teammates they couldnt carry enough. The fact these guys have got a winrate >55% with hundreds of games proves the system works as intended It doesnt force anything, it just tries to match you with teammates of your average skillset.
> If the matchmaking forced these players to a 50% winrate it could do it quite easily by giving them so shitty teammates they couldnt carry enough. By forcing everyone mean stacking odd against. For every normal person it just feels like forcing cause not everyone is Faker. > The fact these guys have got a winrate >55% with hundreds of games proves the system works as intended It doesnt force anything, No it only proves they are very good ( they are challengers after all ) and can win even with odds stacked against them. > it just tries to match you with teammates of your average skillset. Need proof
: > With the whole forced 50% winrate is extremely cheap. Well that's okay since they do not force 50% winrate. It's a comon missconception. Take a look at ELO system on wikipedia for more informations, it comes from chess. Edit : after reading the whole topic, I see smart people tried to explain it quite better than I could and yet failed. It makes me happy to see there are so many dumb people out there. :)
"Well that's okay since they do not force 50% winrate. " Need proof.
: Simple enough. Check random accounts on OP.GG or whatever, and you'll see that most of them aren't exactly at 50%. Check the Top Challenger and Master accounts and you'll see they are **far above** 50%. If the system was *forcing* people at 50% winrate, he could give very bad teammates even to a Challenger player to make sure they got 50%, but that doesn't happen. Most people are around 50% but it's just a consequence, not a goal, and so it's very approximative. What the system tries to do is giving you fair matches. If it manages to do that, if your matches are actually fair, you will win half and lose half. But the goal, the priority, is giving you fair matches, that's exactly the opposite of forcing the results.
"If the system was forcing people at 50% winrate" By forcing everyone means influencing the odds. Sure if you are good enough you can win even harder games. Thats not a proof of anything. I would gladly prove you wrong but i cant since RIOT has hidden all the important data. ( geee i wonder why ) And also "What the system tries to do is giving you fair matches" Well then ** it fails miserably **regardless if matchmaking is fixed or not.
: 50% winrate balance mechanism
I unistalled until RIOT fix it, or at least admit it or provide MMR data. Propably i will never play again ...
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anatera,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2Oa0z1Nu,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-15T01:50:50.951+0000) > > Uh yeah, it would go up, but not by 20 minutes, that value you came up with under the assumption that all MMR has an equal distribution. Well, you're right about that. It would go up by about 20 minutes in the areas where it currently takes 5 minutes to queue - silver, gold. In Diamond where it takes half an hour, it would take 2 hours.
: For fuck's sake, how many times do we have to debunk this old myth. The matchmaking is NOT forcing a 50% winrate. What the matchmaking is doing is this: it tries to determine your true skill level, and it tries to match you with people as close as possible from this level. If it works well, you will **naturally** have a 50% winrate, because you're matched against and with people just as good as yourself, so it's a coin toss to determine who will win. But the system does not FORCE you at 50%. If it underestimates you, if you improve your skills, you WILL have a >50% winrate, and you will keep it, the system will never force losses on you just to keep you at 50%. Or to put it another way: the 50% winrate is a consequence of the system, not its goal.
"For fuck's sake, how many times do we have to debunk this old myth. The matchmaking is NOT forcing a 50% winrate. " Need proof.
: Came back to this game after a two month break, and wow, just wow...
: Riot only did the same mistake like thrice. This time it will surely work. Removal of wards so pro play becomes more risky and exciting. Pros stop going for too risky plays. Let's just remove even more vision from the game. Well pros play even more safe. Let's just give every lane a jungler non stop so there will be more action---> even less action. Let's just make adcs the most broken class in the game spiking at two items so games will end sooner--->pros completely stopped playing the game, pick the most overtuned rightclicker and stall until lategame where everyone has the same odds. I'm sure THIS time it's going to happen and pro play becomes a big clownfiesta. Meanwhile riot introducing stopwatch so noone dies anymore or goes for plays or ganks or anything at all. I wonder where 90 minute games come from. Meanwhile soloq is complete and utter dogshit garbage piece of shit dirt shit. Where people literally give up and open at a game being 7/1 because that especially for dia+ often means it's over and not worth to fight to the last bullet for that 50%50 chance of a comeback. Games being a coinflip on whos jungler is not a retarded piece of shit. Stopwatch killing the opportunity to deal with champs like GP and vlad and AD carries where you only have a certain window to put them down anyways until they win the game eventually.
"Meanwhile soloq is complete and utter dogshit garbage piece of shit dirt shit. Where people literally give up and open at a game being 7/1 because that especially for dia+ often means it's over and not worth to fight to the last bullet for that 50%50 chance of a comeback." TRUE
: 50% winrate balance mechanism
I uninstalled until they change their matchmaking which probably i will never play lol again.
Rioter Comments
: Promotion Series and what Riot has decided about them.
Everybody with IQ > 80 knows that riot matchmaking is fixed. But lapdogs keeps defending it cause no "proff". Well cant give you "proof" since data is HIDDEN for a reason.
Rioter Comments
Barkley (NA)
: The 50% forced win rate bullshit has GOT to go.
Its simple. Make MMR visible. Oh wait its HIDDEN ON PURPOSE.
Addam (OCE)
: Smurfs are ruining the ranked system
50% forced winrate + duos + smurfs + one shot snowball meta = shitty game experience
Show more

Mojihito666

Level 92 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion