: How come Akali, with impunity, can stand on top of minios and spam Q on me
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BG5EsVxr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-13T09:07:41.027+0000) > > If their recent history is any indication, Riot will turn him into a ripped hot dude cosplaying as a scorpion. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that, but I'll go to the corner and feel depressed over it probably.
> [{quoted}](name=I say Facts,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BG5EsVxr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-14T00:59:10.579+0000) > > I wouldn't be surprised if they do that, but I'll go to the corner and feel depressed over it probably. I'd laugh maniacally at the futility of this world until I became Joker 2.0 if they did that
: Lets talk about Tryndamere
Play Quinn/Kennen/Teemo. I know you don't want to hear this, but counter matching is the best way to play right now.
: @Riot Any news about him?
If their recent history is any indication, Riot will turn him into a ripped hot dude cosplaying as a scorpion.
: Kaisa is not an ADC, Pyke is not a support, and Jax is not a fighter
Pyke: Actually meant to be an assassin support Kai'sa: Actually meant to be an assassin ADC Jax: Is a skirmisher, the closest thing to an assassin Why not complain about the majority of champions if you think like that? Most champs in league can burst come the right moment. Trynda can burst you. Vel'koz can burst you. Varus can burst you. Nidalee can burst you. What's the point if this post?
Syte (NA)
: RYZE E TRAVEL SPEED
To hell with that. Just MAKE IT INSTANT STOP TORTURING US.
: [Gameplay Update] Aurelion Sol, The Star Forger
Overall really nice concept. But I think that his passive, as you said, shouldn't give passive stars anymore, unless the rate at which he can blow out new stars is decreased. Instead maybe you could make it so his 3 star charges on Q could be cast more rapidly and added to his star rotation when he activates W The stars would stay with him indefinitely unless a new start is cast, in which case it would replace the oldest star cast in the orbit. Perhaps then you could move his old E passive to his actual passive. All in all sounds very cool, actual thought went into it, but I think that would make him even more mechanically intense although I don;t mind that at all.
: Turret plating is honestly the worst thing I've ever seen added to the game next to rng scuttles
: You are exagerating quite a bit. There has been the Juggernaut rework, the introduction of Lethality and Runes Reforged. Sure, turret plating is still a mess but we are talking about Riot. It's just a little mistake compared to the average fuck-ups they are used to do. Other misdeeds include: * Removal of Dominion and incoming removal of Twisted Treeline. * ARURF. * Eternals. * The sheer existence of {{champion:157}} , {{champion:238}} , {{champion:67}} , {{champion:84}} , {{champion:39}} , {{champion:141}} , {{champion:145}} , {{champion:555}} and {{champion:142}} . * {{item:3161}} . * Jungle plants; and in general any kind of change to the jungle since Season 5. And a lot more.
> [{quoted}](name=FrancisMuni,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4wqVRhr2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-05T18:13:05.300+0000) > > You are exagerating quite a bit. There has been the Juggernaut rework, the introduction of Lethality and Runes Reforged. Sure, turret plating is still a mess but we are talking about Riot. It's just a little mistake compared to the average fuck-ups they are used to do. Other misdeeds include: > > * Removal of Dominion and incoming removal of Twisted Treeline. > > * ARURF. > > * Eternals. > > * The sheer existence of {{champion:157}} , {{champion:238}} , {{champion:67}} , {{champion:84}} , {{champion:39}} , {{champion:141}} , {{champion:145}} , {{champion:555}} and {{champion:142}} . > > * {{item:3161}} . > > * Jungle plants; and in general any kind of change to the jungle since Season 5. > > And a lot more. Man I know this will sound like mocking but you just mentioned some of the most fun champs in the game.
Typhl0 (EUW)
: Only for the execute, the numbers looks big but it's a good buff because a lot of champ can tank her ult with 20%hp in early game and her ult is supposed to be an execute but when u see that some champ even supp has better execute with reset on kills {{champion:122}} {{champion:555}} I think.it's OK to buff only the dmg on low life ppl
> [{quoted}](name=Typhl0,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-09-05T20:13:59.262+0000) > > Only for the execute, the numbers looks big but it's a good buff because a lot of champ can tank her ult with 20%hp in early game and her ult is supposed to be an execute but when u see that some champ even supp has better execute with reset on kills {{champion:122}} {{champion:555}} I think.it's OK to buff only the dmg on low life ppl Ye I've no problem with the buff, Eve is my jgl pocket pick plus she is not in the best state she could be. Any early game bully who knows his job will chase her out of jungle, she needs some better payoff for surviving early game. I'd be also nice to see her in competitive.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T17:49:37.847+0000) > > It's a 40% bonus damage increase :P I said damage increase, not bonus damage increase.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T17:58:54.332+0000) > > I said damage increase, not bonus damage increase. no u
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T16:30:03.360+0000) > > Actually it says in the link that the multiplier goes from 100% to 140% Which is a 20% damage increase
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-04T16:39:37.300+0000) > > Which is a 20% damage increase It's a 40% bonus damage increase :P
: > [{quoted}](name=Genghis Khat,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-04T15:27:35.612+0000) > >buff her ult for 40% and that wont be too strong. It's a 20% damage increase, but yeah, it's still stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-04T15:36:03.070+0000) > > It's a 20% damage increase, but yeah, it's still stupid. Actually it says in the link that the multiplier goes from 100% to 140%
: Wouldn't that just be another sign of power creep which has been a problem for a while now? Not that you should only thing of nerfs but sometimes it is the better option.
> [{quoted}](name=HubeartheGrizzly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T14:36:25.055+0000) > > Wouldn't that just be another sign of power creep which has been a problem for a while now? > > Not that you should only thing of nerfs but sometimes it is the better option. Essentially, there is no rule that says balance should be achieved with buffs over nerfs. Ezreal too strong? Nerfing him would solve the problem of him being strong just like buffing everybody else would, right? But here's the thing. in league, the general playstyle is very PvP focused when compared to other mobas. This philosophy creates an inherent baseline that champions need to meet in terms of utility and kit flexibility in order to be able to compete. As I wrote before, most champs that are strong in league are so because either their kit and play patterns are useful and flexible or because everything around them is really low on these requirements. In the case of Ez, he is strong because: A) His build is literally set in stone and balance rarely if ever messes with it. B) He can avoid the harassment of other strong lane ADCs while scaling like a late game mage would. C) Few mid-late game ADCs have a payoff good enough to surpass him (e.g. Kai'sa, Xayah, Kalista). The problem arises when you nerf such champions. If, say, Ezreal is stripped of his utility that would make him like any other bad ADC, while not removing other stronger ADCs from the equation. In the end, nerfing utility and numbers just becomes a rabbithole at the end of which lies a neutered and lethargic game, where people just farm and don't interact with eachother until 20 mins into the game. Now let's examine a marksman that's in a really bad spot, Kogger. Kogger is a late game ADC whose late game damage has nothing to envy in other champs like Kai'sa, Xayah or Caitlyn. However, his powerspikes and power budget are all over the place. His passive is one of the worst passives still in the game, a mediocre burst that actually requires you to die. His slow is ok but it's not nearly as debilitating as it should be. Here's a suggestion, what if his slow was a lot stronger when enemies run towards him and weaker when they run from him? That would allow him to disengage faster while running them down with superior range. And what about his AP scaling. Kai'sa has no problem building AP, but that's because she has an actual passive that can apply it with her autos. Simply give him some utility that doesn't require him being strapped to his support to be a champion and then give him some better ratios, perhaps making him truly hybrid. If something like Kog'maw/Miss Fortune/Twitch/Tristana becomes a good pro champ, the whole power structure of bot lane would be reorganized instead of just shifting one step higher to the immediately more broken champ.
rujitra (NA)
: I'm not saying it's meta. I'm saying that to punish someone for playing "off meta", you both **must define a meta** - clearly and unambiguously, and you must punish **any** player that plays outside that meta, regardless of if it "works" or not.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=klqMAtd0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-01T19:30:07.814+0000) > > I'm not saying it's meta. > > I'm saying that to punish someone for playing "off meta", you both **must define a meta** - clearly and unambiguously, and you must punish **any** player that plays outside that meta, regardless of if it "works" or not. Ahh yes, the exalted "red line" argument. Let me ask you something, when you ban people for offensive language, do you ban them on the ground that what they type is UNDOUBTEDLY, with COMPLETE CERTAINTY offensive? Do you actually psychologically evaluate the reportedly offended party to find out if they are indeed offended on a deeper level and aren't just faking? Are you taking into account the cultural context of certain terms and the respective impact? Pretty sure you don't. Why punish at all then? You clearly enforce chat bans on a totally arbitrary basis, so why not do that for champion picks as well? Why not enforce softer punishments for people who are trolling? And you might pretend that "off meta" is beyond you for the sake of your argument but really, you know. I know what trolling is or looks like, everyone here knows it, my grandma and her dog know it, a god damn sheep farmer from the steppes of Mongolia knows it. Be real.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:47:05.990+0000) > > Ok but can we please for the love of god stop asking for nerfs? Strong champσ are merely pointers to the poor way in which riot is handling their more obsolete champs. Ezreal's playstyle is always going to make him good. You either nerf his numbers to the point he is trash and depressing to play, or you remove his strong mechanics and turn him into every other worse ADC. Just find new ways for worse champs to compete with the better ones and tweak their power budget accordingly. better then the boring pussy shit like {{champion:90}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:115}}
> [{quoted}](name=DangerousOreo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2019-09-03T22:52:16.367+0000) > > better then the boring pussy shit like {{champion:90}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:115}} I'm going to refrain from terms like those just because a simpler kit doesn't necessarily mean less complexity. But because of league's general gameplay direction which is more pvp than in other MOBAs, champs' kits need to have a minimum degree of flexibility for them to be viable.
Profirix (NA)
: Any champion who can reliably poke early with very little cost (mana-wise) is going to be a problem. Kai'sa has less issue with the poke because it costs a bit more (though this is mitigated by Tear of the Goddess).
> [{quoted}](name=Profirix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-09-03T19:10:57.987+0000) > > Any champion who can reliably poke early with very little cost (mana-wise) is going to be a problem. Kai'sa has less issue with the poke because it costs a bit more (though this is mitigated by Tear of the Goddess). Ezreal's poke is not inherently reliable. On the contrary, its skill-shot nature makes it inherently un-reliable. What's good is that it's spammable and even then, it's not a guaranteed hit. Ezreal's strength comes from his safety and the fact that ADC itemization doesn't affect him. If you make true late game ADCs more rewarding and worthy of the resource investment, that would be an actual balancing action.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:47:05.990+0000) > > Ok but can we please for the love of god stop asking for nerfs? Strong champσ are merely pointers to the poor way in which riot is handling their more obsolete champs. Ezreal's playstyle is always going to make him good. You either nerf his numbers to the point he is trash and depressing to play, or you remove his strong mechanics and turn him into every other worse ADC. Just find new ways for worse champs to compete with the better ones and tweak their power budget accordingly. But then, Riot will almost never buff some champs. Ahri for example is nerfed anytime she is somewhat viable. Right now she is utter trash, but champs like Zoe and Ekko is going to get buffed over Ahri while they are much better than her.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-09-03T18:22:08.363+0000) > > But then, Riot will almost never buff some champs. Ahri for example is nerfed anytime she is somewhat viable. Right now she is utter trash, but champs like Zoe and Ekko is going to get buffed over Ahri while they are much better than her. Isn't Ahri Glacial like really good rn? Anyway, could be wrong on that. The problem is that strength in league usually means that a champ has useful and flexible mechanics. But riot refuse to put more resources into optimizing the overlooked kits of older champs. That might have to do with the inherent difficulties that would present if you introduced a lot of radical changes all at once, but I agree riot has to put more effort and manpower on their obsolete roster, instead of reworking a champ every 3 months or so.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:47:05.990+0000) > > Ok but can we please for the love of god stop asking for nerfs? Strong champσ are merely pointers to the poor way in which riot is handling their more obsolete champs. Ezreal's playstyle is always going to make him good. You either nerf his numbers to the point he is trash and depressing to play, or you remove his strong mechanics and turn him into every other worse ADC. Just find new ways for worse champs to compete with the better ones and tweak their power budget accordingly. When you cant nerf, you rework it. Ezrreals kit is beying broken in current meta. What is the point in picking any other adc while you can pick ez and spam your q late game that deals up to 1k dmg every 1-2 seconds, where is the logic in that?
> [{quoted}](name=Vicious Jq,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VEHV2PUP,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:58:09.676+0000) > > When you cant nerf, you rework it. Ezrreals kit is beying broken in current meta. What is the point in picking any other adc while you can pick ez and spam your q late game that deals up to 1k dmg every 1-2 seconds, where is the logic in that? When you can't nerf, the healthiest option in terms of meta, is to buff counters or champs that could do well with an adequate push. I say that because, going back on existing mechanics just makes the game more stale and regressive, while it doesn't address the problems of other champs. Ezreal faces a bunch of other top tier champs that have nothing to do with his playstyle. Instead of nerfing Ezreal's mechs, give someone like Kog'maw more tools to deal with him. Like a more potent slow or an actually useful passive instead of the joke he is right now.
: Kai'sa every game
Ok but can we please for the love of god stop asking for nerfs? Strong champσ are merely pointers to the poor way in which riot is handling their more obsolete champs. Ezreal's playstyle is always going to make him good. You either nerf his numbers to the point he is trash and depressing to play, or you remove his strong mechanics and turn him into every other worse ADC. Just find new ways for worse champs to compete with the better ones and tweak their power budget accordingly.
: Auto fill is fine. TLDR @ bottom
"You should like lima beans because kids in Africa have to eat mud pies", is basically the gist of this post.
: Toxic behavior is not the problem of the person who "Caused" the toxic behavior just cause they want to play the champ they want. At the end of the day, the one who will normally get punished in that is the one who is being toxic towards the player who is actually playing correctly with off meta even though they are being bitched at. Your whole attitude like the multitude of people in here is a big cause of toxic behavior you know. Despite what you want to believe, you have the mind set of a meta slave.
> [{quoted}](name=GamingExotic,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=klqMAtd0,comment-id=00010003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T01:00:24.280+0000) > > Toxic behavior is not the problem of the person who "Caused" the toxic behavior just cause they want to play the champ they want. At the end of the day, the one who will normally get punished in that is the one who is being toxic towards the player who is actually playing correctly with off meta even though they are being bitched at. Your whole attitude like the multitude of people in here is a big cause of toxic behavior you know. Despite what you want to believe, you have the mind set of a meta slave. "Toxic behavior is not the problem of the person who "Caused" the toxic behavior just cause they want to play the champ they want". Again, reductive thinking. In a team game, playing to the detriment of your teammates is toxic behavior, just like in any social interactivity in which a member refuses to co-operate. You narrow your viewpoint on purpose to support your claim. A large number of troll picks exist just because people want to have fun by worsening their teammates experience. It's not just innocent angelic snowflakes that want to be unique. "At the end of the day, the one who will normally get punished in that is the one who is being toxic towards the player who is actually playing correctly with off meta even though they are being bitched at". Appeal to the status quo. No argument. In Saudi Arabia, woman=inferior, just because things roll that way that doesn't make it right. "Your whole attitude like the multitude of people in here is a big cause of toxic behavior you know". Because we are annoyed by people intentionally ruining our game experience. Pretty standard stuff "you have the mind set of a meta slave" Again, misleading speech. If someone can make a viable strategy out of something unusual then by all means. But most "off meta pioneers" are just trying to create drama themselves, it's what they feed on. And they usually break the backs of the team carrying them. They actively ENJOY annoying others. If your argument is "playing optimally is bad" then that is immediately contrary to the mindset of playing a strategy game. If those people wanted pure fun, then they should consider playing with silly putty.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PfJ2sAkr,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:10:52.280+0000) > > That's not an argument, mind unchanged :P Ok, heres an argument; the rework solved close to 0 problems and added a bunch new ones
> [{quoted}](name=Trist mid opop,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PfJ2sAkr,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T20:17:36.688+0000) > > Ok, heres an argument; the rework solved close to 0 problems and added a bunch new ones I get why you would think that but here's the thing: Gameplay wise, the champ stopped being so streamlined. Her feast or famine problem was largely solved as before she played like a Katarina early. The rework might have come with a shit-ton of unnecessary mechs on her kit, but they were progressively removed. True invis, Q healing, maxed Q bonus damage all gone, lower ratios. Also, her popularity was the biggest success of the rework. Her main community almost quadrupled in size and she became a pro play and high elo staple. The champ remains strong because of her play patterns. Akali being so good just speaks miles of how about half of the roster is a decade behind in terms of balancing and power budget.
: People who are strict about following the meta are much worse then most off-meta players. When it comes to toxicity, I always see more toxicity come for meta slaves, then what I see from people who want to play what they want to play. Also, there are plenty of riot employee's that are much better then the average player. The whole rioters are hard stuck Iron/bronze is simply a joke. Also, there are plenty of high ranked players maining off meta picks, basically you want to punish people for being good at champions that aren't apart of the meta.
> [{quoted}](name=GamingExotic,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=klqMAtd0,comment-id=000100030000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:06:06.198+0000) > > People who are strict about following the meta are much worse then most off-meta players. When it comes to toxicity, I always see more toxicity come for meta slaves, then what I see from people who want to play what they want to play. Also, there are plenty of riot employee's that are much better then the average player. The whole rioters are hard stuck Iron/bronze is simply a joke. Also, there are plenty of high ranked players maining off meta picks, basically you want to punish people for being good at champions that aren't apart of the meta. You don't comprehend toxicity. Toxic behavior might be verbal harassment and negative attitude, but an attitude that also incites such behavior, sometimes to the whole rest of the team is also toxic. And of course players who try to play the game optimally are going to be more upset than people who just don't care. What's the surprise there? Did you ever play street soccer as a child? Remember that idiot whose sole purpose was to kick the ball hard out of field? Or the self absorbed kid who only cared about juggling the ball and always lost it? Yeah, everybody hated those players and there's a good reason for it. It's a TEAM game. By going off and playing whatever makes solely YOU content, you are openly disrespecting the fact that your teammates rely on you and expect cooperation. Maybe you want to delude yourself into thinking picks can't be troll on their own, but I bloody doubt that a supp Ivern, a top Lulu, a supp Akali or a mid Yi would be considered acceptable in certain elos. Sometimes people just admit that they are picking their main in a useless role just out of spite for the autofill. Let's be real here. And off-meta is a really reductive term. We are talking trolls, meaning purposefully bad strats, as opposed to unpopular, sometimes obscure but effective strats.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Both Stomping and getting stomped suck
I dunno, I'm new to the game, relatively, so it might just be I'm not tired of it yet, but I love stomping. Hell, when the enemy supp goes AFK and me and my supp get to pound on the little lonely adc it's tons of fun. Even makes up for like 10 games of trolling teammates.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PfJ2sAkr,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-01T21:33:30.250+0000) > > Akali is top 5 VGU. Change my mind Read her abilities. I think i just changed ur mind
> [{quoted}](name=Trist mid opop,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PfJ2sAkr,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-02T09:12:39.828+0000) > > Read her abilities. I think i just changed ur mind That's not an argument, mind unchanged :P
rujitra (NA)
: No. Locking in a champion with spells is not a punishable action. Players will not be punished for trolling just because you think they "might" or "probably will" troll.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=klqMAtd0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-01T18:40:13.243+0000) > > No. Locking in a champion with spells is not a punishable action. Players will not be punished for trolling just because you think they "might" or "probably will" troll. Translation: We have no idea what playing this game feels like. PSYCHE we do, but god forbid that we adopt a stricter policy towards the easily irritable twelve year olds that play this game.
: The Kinkou Order is all about keeping balance
Akali is top 5 VGU. Change my mind
: Lets have a discussion on the new client.
It's all around clunkier and even if it stays it has internal issues of visual communication. It's sad that this is the standard for a new layout to go live.
: Any plans on reverting the shitty ASol ''rework''?
Don't listen to the bitter trolls. I too think the rework was unnecessary. Keep voicing. Leblanc and Rengar got reverted, why not Sol?
Naalith (NA)
: Riot, just make a new Collection tab for Eternals. The new champions tab looks terrible
This tab looks like the team in charge doesn't even know how visual communication works. When you sort champs by Ownership it gives you the free rotation first ?!?!?!?!. And you can't even tweak it to show your owned champs first. The chest icon moves down whenever the free rotation icon is on the champ border WTF are they putting graphics design interns on the job? You can't even mess with the size of the fonts and the density of display. Is that what the standard for an update is in Rito? That's...just sad.
: The champion collection tab was perfect---I could see so many champions in one screen. Go back plz
I logged in today not knowing what had happened while having drunk a beer, so my head was already a little light. The moment I laid eyes on the new tab I almost fell on the floor from dizziness. Wow thanks Rito.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jz00EFib,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:25:07.901+0000) > > They did listen to feedback. > > They're making more unique stats. That's all people wanted, and all anybody really cared about. Those are the eternals people will be buying. Not the "Common" ones. We will be able to, and should, buy those with BE, not RP. So it's a ton of RP we're saving. > > This is definitely an improvement. Imagine being happy to only have to pay 5€/champion for an achievement system. Yikes. You only think this is good because the system before was even worse. If you look at it from an unbiased POV you're still paying 5€/champion for the privilege of having some miscellaneous stats tracked by Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jz00EFib,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:31:37.393+0000) > > Imagine being happy to only have to pay 5€/champion for an achievement system. > Yikes. > You only think this is good because the system before was even worse. > If you look at it from an unbiased POV you're still paying 5€/champion for the privilege of having some miscellaneous stats tracked by Riot. Well the dude you are trying to reason with is part of the demographic that allows them to launch this travesty of a monetizable item in the first place. Deeply brainwashed into thinking corps are the do-gooders of this world. Every time they roll a good skin, ward or what have you first they thank capitalism before thanking god.
Rockman (NA)
: so when do we get an old lady champ
Omg I think I'm reinstalling Dota 2 now. But back on topic, possibly never. Have you seen their latest champs? They are all fuccbois and fuccgrils. I mean they make a new enchanter, perfect chance for an old witch, but instead we get a youtube algorithm. We barely have any elderly men to begin with apart from Zilean, and he looks like a daddy, not a shriveled old dude.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Please ADD more features to Practice Tool
Rito listened: Practice Tool features will be available next patch and will cost a measly 1800 RP each You are welcome
SmartGreat (EUNE)
: I lost my promo because of your bugged client.... AGAIN
Oh how cute, today the client crashed every time I pressed a command on it. It was hilarious.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wUOKFEtE,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T06:29:02.172+0000) > > This was just so mean > Nevermind, I got no beef > Yes you got the gist I commend your style. I try and rhyme smile with file. Yup! That's my freestyle. (Been practicing my rhyming haiku's)
> [{quoted}](name=Samflash3,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wUOKFEtE,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T12:38:07.676+0000) > > I commend your style. > I try and rhyme smile with file. > Yup! That's my freestyle. > > (Been practicing my rhyming haiku's) Rhyme is luxury And a simple man I am But to each his own
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OHgA8igA,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T17:50:49.071+0000) > > Can you spare a moment to explain the Fiora rework situation? I legit have no idea what happened to this champ. release fiora had plenty of point and clicks so it was deemed unhealthy as the game evolved and QOL allowed players to be "better." rito had some considerations to make as to whether they could retain any parts of her old kit or not, because her kit had wicked interactions that actually forced item changes to occur although now those item changes are seen as regular oversight (unique passives). so she get's gutted somewhat on 4.20 because she's now abusing armor pen with her "fun" kit, she get's put on the rework bench and is borderline a troll pick in yoloq for a season and a half, and then her rework lands. she's now "skill expressive" with tools that seemingly permit her to play into any matchup, the people rejoice until they get the champion in their hands. now ofc there was the usual laissez-faire as there are with reworks where some people dunno how teh champ works so it's useless or other's get it instantly and can god tier the champion right away but that's not the issue with her, the issue is that the rework solved a real problem relating to the health of her kit, while eliminating most of the original player base of the champion. but that wasn't much of an issue she had "new" players now, and they "loved" the champion until her riposte cooldown was rightfully increased on 6.4 and her bladework was normalised on 6.6, because she was just busting up the rift with that sjot. and then her play rate plummeted not because the nerfs actually removed her from the game like the 4.20 one, you would still come across two fiora's a week and they would probably shrek you, but because the champ did not feel good to play. so riot at some point decided to just start buffing her here, there and everywhere with one of the stated reasons in one of these patch notes since 6.14 being to get her play rate up when the champion was just fine the way she is. so riot started buffing her incrementally over a few years to get her play rate back up but her play rate didn't go back up until last season, the buffs never stopped, the champion had always been strong the players simply didn't want to play it because it wasn't "fun" despite her current gimmick being that she autowins the lane. please understand i'm saying all this with the context that the new fiora was able to go against azir in his early day pomp, the juggs when they were reworked, she's pretty much been useful in every soloq meta since her introduction but her play rate plummets simply for being made a fair champion. rito have given her mickey mouse changes from patch to patch where an effect get's removed for being unhealthy then get's added back two patches later with another new effect on top of it, if the champion is ever in a "balanced" state then she can't win games or doesn't get picked, if she's overpowered and geared to autowin encounters then well done we have a functional rework, there'll probably be a fiora player chiming in saying how difficult she is to play because everyone pays their taxes against her (tabi and bramble) but none of those items work when she get's a triforce and her stupid base dmgs from years of overbuffing can take over everything, something she was able to do when fresh off the rework bench prior to her hotfix buffs btw. galio is about to be put through the same ringer as his old player base wonders what happened to their champion as a new base adopts him when he starts being brought into some semblence of power with his newly gutted kit, but quite simply if fiora is a successful rework then there are no unsuccessful reworks by that barometer. galio will have his core strength removed and then be rebuffed in other ways and maybe (hopefully) his gameplay loop will feel good to play as and against, there are other reworks who have fantastic gameplay loops but fiora is not one of them, galio is but he's been retooled now while we wait to see what he becomes, i don't consider that rework a failure yet but maybe the balance team is honestly just lost on what to do with him, i wouldn't mind if they shortened the range on his ulti and allowed it to be free aimed cause clearly one is not going to balance his ulti for both organised and low elo games. fiora is like the opposite she has things that are valuable in pro play but she can be dealt with there unless blatantly overtuned, in soloq if the fiora is an evenly matched player with you then you lose cause her bases have been overtuned to shit, but on the flipside a bad fiora can be exploited till she get's her triforce then suddenly she exploits you even if she's 2 levels down. i'm sorry i just hate the state of this champion right now and that she get's played by metahumpers looking for free wins when the champion just feels trash on both ends of play. and for some reason her riposte change can't be found on the wiki where an atk speed slow was added to it, there's so much dumb shit that got thrown on her without real notice and suddenly she's S-tier, wow what a surprise how did that happen.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OHgA8igA,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:53:40.019+0000) > > release fiora had plenty of point and clicks so it was deemed unhealthy as the game evolved and QOL allowed players to be "better." > rito had some considerations to make as to whether they could retain any parts of her old kit or not, because her kit had wicked interactions that actually forced item changes to occur although now those item changes are seen as regular oversight (unique passives). > > so she get's gutted somewhat on 4.20 because she's now abusing armor pen with her "fun" kit, she get's put on the rework bench and is borderline a troll pick in yoloq for a season and a half, and then her rework lands. > she's now "skill expressive" with tools that seemingly permit her to play into any matchup, the people rejoice until they get the champion in their hands. > now ofc there was the usual laissez-faire as there are with reworks where some people dunno how teh champ works so it's useless or other's get it instantly and can god tier the champion right away but that's not the issue with her, the issue is that the rework solved a real problem relating to the health of her kit, while eliminating most of the original player base of the champion. > > but that wasn't much of an issue she had "new" players now, and they "loved" the champion until her riposte cooldown was rightfully increased on 6.4 and her bladework was normalised on 6.6, because she was just busting up the rift with that sjot. and then her play rate plummeted not because the nerfs actually removed her from the game like the 4.20 one, you would still come across two fiora's a week and they would probably shrek you, but because the champ did not feel good to play. > so riot at some point decided to just start buffing her here, there and everywhere with one of the stated reasons in one of these patch notes since 6.14 being to get her play rate up when the champion was just fine the way she is. > so riot started buffing her incrementally over a few years to get her play rate back up but her play rate didn't go back up until last season, the buffs never stopped, the champion had always been strong the players simply didn't want to play it because it wasn't "fun" despite her current gimmick being that she autowins the lane. > > please understand i'm saying all this with the context that the new fiora was able to go against azir in his early day pomp, the juggs when they were reworked, she's pretty much been useful in every soloq meta since her introduction but her play rate plummets simply for being made a fair champion. > > rito have given her mickey mouse changes from patch to patch where an effect get's removed for being unhealthy then get's added back two patches later with another new effect on top of it, if the champion is ever in a "balanced" state then she can't win games or doesn't get picked, if she's overpowered and geared to autowin encounters then well done we have a functional rework, there'll probably be a fiora player chiming in saying how difficult she is to play because everyone pays their taxes against her (tabi and bramble) but none of those items work when she get's a triforce and her stupid base dmgs from years of overbuffing can take over everything, something she was able to do when fresh off the rework bench prior to her hotfix buffs btw. > > galio is about to be put through the same ringer as his old player base wonders what happened to their champion as a new base adopts him when he starts being brought into some semblence of power with his newly gutted kit, but quite simply if fiora is a successful rework then there are no unsuccessful reworks by that barometer. > galio will have his core strength removed and then be rebuffed in other ways and maybe (hopefully) his gameplay loop will feel good to play as and against, there are other reworks who have fantastic gameplay loops but fiora is not one of them, galio is but he's been retooled now while we wait to see what he becomes, i don't consider that rework a failure yet but maybe the balance team is honestly just lost on what to do with him, i wouldn't mind if they shortened the range on his ulti and allowed it to be free aimed cause clearly one is not going to balance his ulti for both organised and low elo games. > fiora is like the opposite she has things that are valuable in pro play but she can be dealt with there unless blatantly overtuned, in soloq if the fiora is an evenly matched player with you then you lose cause her bases have been overtuned to shit, but on the flipside a bad fiora can be exploited till she get's her triforce then suddenly she exploits you even if she's 2 levels down. > > i'm sorry i just hate the state of this champion right now and that she get's played by metahumpers looking for free wins when the champion just feels trash on both ends of play. > and for some reason her riposte change can't be found on the wiki where an atk speed slow was added to it, there's so much dumb shit that got thrown on her without real notice and suddenly she's S-tier, wow what a surprise how did that happen. Woah I got some info overload there but my brain and I will try. So, Fiora got VGU'd to become more skill expressive and fair but as her playerbase got alienated they got her through a balance roller coaster that made her broken in order to bring people in. I think I got the gist, Thanksee man.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wUOKFEtE,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-08-22T15:26:37.523+0000) > > This deserves a haiku > > Oh my god this rules > Rito please, make it happen > Or I uninstall This is just so bad Or am I the one who's mad? Nah, I'm just so sad. (Am I doing this right)
> [{quoted}](name=Samflash3,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wUOKFEtE,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-08-23T02:15:02.967+0000) > > This is just so bad > Or am I the one who's mad? > Nah, I'm just so sad. > > (Am I doing this right) This was just so mean Nevermind, I got no beef Yes you got the gist
: > [{quoted}](name=Timeless Echo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OHgA8igA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-22T13:47:40.291+0000) > > Abosulutely Not. > > There are a lot of instances where Riot has ruined champions by reworking them and even worse when they have done so a 2nd and 3rd time or as many times as Ryze which I honestly have just stopped counting. > > I could mention at least 10 champions I don't play anymore because of it and so could many other players. > > It's feels even worse when you see the treatment champions like Yasuo, Zoe (initially anyway, I think) Irelia get , as they make everyone else useless. > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} all the reworked champs are less frustrating to play against and have clearer fail states, and frankly just communicate more clarity to the game. so yeah they're objectively better, not even gonna get into the visuals. go look at kata's previous kit you can barely make out what she's executing and i have over 400k mastery on that version of kata, 200 on the new one. reverts weren't entirely reverts, rengar hasn't gotten his bonetooth back as intended and his cleave actually removed his counterplay, leblanc is not the leblanc with the silence, sej is healthier despite her previous iteration being a more compelling execution of her thematic cause she doesn't now autorun games with her easily applied aoe, the fiora rework has failed but there's allegedly a new market for her so who cares what champs i used to play when i still have champs to play some of which have been reworked. despite the ryze rework being a sore point for me because he could very well have been a new staple of balance and design, the current one is all around healthier for gameplay overall, likewise removing mechanics from aatrox, irelia and akali but hey those champs still have avid fanbases despite those mechanics being removed. galio is one of these champions that the community thinks is really weak so there's no one playing him when in fact he's probably just hit balanced for mid while everyone goes about thinking he's a support or something.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OHgA8igA,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T16:46:45.038+0000) > > all the reworked champs are less frustrating to play against and have clearer fail states, and frankly just communicate more clarity to the game. > so yeah they're objectively better, not even gonna get into the visuals. > go look at kata's previous kit you can barely make out what she's executing and i have over 400k mastery on that version of kata, 200 on the new one. > reverts weren't entirely reverts, rengar hasn't gotten his bonetooth back as intended and his cleave actually removed his counterplay, leblanc is not the leblanc with the silence, sej is healthier despite her previous iteration being a more compelling execution of her thematic cause she doesn't now autorun games with her easily applied aoe, the fiora rework has failed but there's allegedly a new market for her so who cares what champs i used to play when i still have champs to play some of which have been reworked. > despite the ryze rework being a sore point for me because he could very well have been a new staple of balance and design, the current one is all around healthier for gameplay overall, likewise removing mechanics from aatrox, irelia and akali but hey those champs still have avid fanbases despite those mechanics being removed. > galio is one of these champions that the community thinks is really weak so there's no one playing him when in fact he's probably just hit balanced for mid while everyone goes about thinking he's a support or something. Can you spare a moment to explain the Fiora rework situation? I legit have no idea what happened to this champ.
Kanzler (NA)
: Now if only they could fix akali's walk.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dyjABMrK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-22T13:58:05.696+0000) > > Now if only they could fix akali's walk. Akali's tippy-toeing is the cutest walk cycle in league, stay away from waifu. Grrrrrr
: Thank You Riot For ABSOLUTELY Nothing...
I feel you but I also feel like I have to address the mentioned champs one by one and why I think Sol is in a different league. - Irelia: I don't think her rework belongs in the rest of your category. Mechanics got changed but It was basically to put more weight on her dashing ability and to make her dueling less reliant on items. Even hardcore mains agree that she mostly retained her gameplay identity. - Akali is a tough one. If I mained her pre rework I'm sure I'd be bitter for the changes BUT, Akali was in a problematic state because of her fed-or-starved gameplay. She was too monotone, in need of at least a visual rework, most players hated going against her even back then and the only difference is she was nowhere to be seen. The rework surely was a success. Made her more fun although it's kinda subjective, skyrocketed her popularity and at least gave her a kit you can balance around. She's pretty much in a good spot rn. - Mordekaiser is in the same vein as Akali: Very problematic, visually unappealing to most players and in need of a kit you can balance around. - Aatrox: I loved his rework, although I have to admit that's because it fit me personally. It was a radical change but it was all to match his warlord identity and his draintankiness. I agree that maybe riot could have looked to make him more auto-attack heavy like he was but he's a really fun champ in his own right. - Galio: From what I've gathered, the champ was pretty much a meme pre VGU. He needed one either way but the problem lies with riot not deciding or which role they want to land him, dragging him through a rollercoaster of a balance history. - Malz/Zac: Frankly, I know jack shite about those two so I won't touch on them. NOW, for the main issue. I DO think Sol's changes were unwarranted, because there are some differences between him and the rest of the bunch that make it a bad idea to change him so much: - Sol fills probably one of the, if not the most, specific niches in league. A 24/7 roaming battlemage. There is NO champ that remotely resembles his playstyle. His stars are one of the most unique mechs in the game and he's the only battle mage that operates that way. People have been saying that his playstyle is too uninteractive. Well, learn to abuse it then, here, it's not hard, just push your lane when he leaves and make him lose XP and gold for unsuccessful roams. And Sol can choose to play around that by faking roams and other such things. It's not uninteractive, it's just macro-heavy - Sol is in a spot where he can be balanced without big mechanical changes. Smaller QoL changes on his Q to stun at any distance/be faster or E with lower cooldown or higher speed could very well balance him out and make him even pro strong. - His changes might make him stronger, but as Fizzics also said, he's just not that fun anymore. Believe it or not, his W being constant/toggle actually IS a big deal. It completely turns his early game, which is his bread and butter and the reason most people play him, completely on its head. It also changes the pace of his teamfighting from slower but constant to burstier but in intervals. You no longer get to say, "sit while I push you" to the enemy. Sol is changed from probably the most unique mage in league to a burst Anivia.
Manxxom (NA)
: "You should have not played with fire."
This deserves a haiku Oh my god this rules Rito please, make it happen Or I uninstall
: Riot, if you didn't remove game modes, you'd have almost about as many as Dota2
They would be more but not even close. If we're talking regular modes then yes, but if we're talking customs which are where the real fun is, Dota has god knows how many dozens of them.
: RIOT ARE BUFFING YASUO AND KINDRED
Please bring Lucian back in the meta PLSSSSSSS.
: "Really, Riot?" No, it's the players' fault.
Let's not ignore the basic economic truth of commerce. Production precedes demand, and the side of production has evolved over time to trigger demand. When a product fails to sell it's usually because of bad marketing or a self fulfilling prophecy that makes the supplier stick to what is already popular, avoiding risks. Just look at all the SHIET companies have convinced us to shove down our throats over the decades. Coke, cigarettes, highly corrosive cleaning products, microtransactions and the list goes on.
: > [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jHipj68h,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-09T07:59:17.898+0000) > > Also, meaningful balance patches. Sincerely, Lone Druid, 41.86% win rate and 1.32% pick rate.
> [{quoted}](name=BigBellBrute,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jHipj68h,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-08-09T16:25:41.263+0000) > > Sincerely, Lone Druid, 41.86% win rate and 1.32% pick rate. Point being? I think we can agree that winrate is meaningless by itself especially in a game of such difficulty. Skip a few places ahead and you have Io, a champ that fluctuates around a 45% WR that's considered the strongest competitive champ in the game. This tendency of winrate-splaining is unhealthy for the game and for balance. Lone druid is considered OP in the right hands and of course he is accompanied in these low ends of WR by heroes that have always been pro-play regulars like Batrider, Puck, Earth Spirit, Nature's Prophet etc.
: While Riot is busy removing large parts of their game like 3v3 map
Hehe, meanwhile Dota 2 has like hundreds of custom maps and mods and half the fun is in those. Also, meaningful balance patches. It's no surprise any game critic will cite Dota as the quality MOBA.
: It's not for you.
I mean if people are going to complain even for Pantheon, who is one of the least radical reworks ever, then that should tell you people will never stop complaining. Anyway, that's not a purely bad thing, but people tend to rant on frustration rather than offer something constructive.
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: you can disagree with them but you shouldn't force your morals onto them tell them they are assholes tell them that those words hurt your feelings but telling them that they can't use their language because it hurts your feelings is not OK nobody deserves respect that isn't earned this doesn't mean that you should disrespect them something called middle ground the right to physical and mental well being vs the right of free speech which do you prefer being all nice and cozy with your mouth and arms glued together so you can't express yourself or the right to not have your feelings hurt or punched for being an asshole?
> [{quoted}](name=Pxerkza,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=efkXE3vi,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-02T15:00:31.414+0000) > > you can disagree with them but you shouldn't force your morals onto them > > tell them they are assholes > tell them that those words hurt your feelings > but telling them that they can't use their language because it hurts your feelings is not OK > > nobody deserves respect that isn't earned > this doesn't mean that you should disrespect them > something called middle ground > > the right to physical and mental well being > vs > the right of free speech > > which do you prefer > being all nice and cozy with your mouth and arms glued together so you can't express yourself > or > the right to not have your feelings hurt or punched for being an asshole? If insulting the existence of other people is the quintessential form of expression to you, then I can only feel sorry for you. Maybe you can't experience actual happiness without hurting others, but there are forms of expression that don't violate humanitarian values, just so you know. Holding yourself back from being misanthropic and hurtful isn't tantamount to being tied and muzzled, unless you are that much of a horrible human being that you need to spread hate every time you exhale, at which point, you wouldn't deserve to be held up to the standards of human rights. Here's a more accurate version of the twisted dilemma you concocted: Acting reserved when you want to direct your anger at other people and not insulting them with slurs that misportray entire groups vs Doing the opposite, making them feel horrible to boost your ego. That's it
Show more

NelsieLisnen

Level 70 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion