Manxxom (NA)
: What if I told you there are some champions that don't need a leash
Irrelevant. You should still leash. Delete this post!
: Kayle is in a good spot
Her ult legit feels terrible to use and should be reverted.
: The thing is, there are a lot of kids (or immature adults) who will target you with misogynistic comments, but it usually has absolutely nothing to do with you being female (or appearing to be so); these people target insecurities and will take *anything* you give them to use as ammunition to trigger you and make them feel important and powerful. This could be your gender or sex (yes those are different things people), ethnicity, nationality, religion and so on. They are not likely racist or sexist (some really are, unfortunately) but are just taking an opening presented to them. Obviously this does not mean their behavior is ok, because it absolutely isn't, it just means that people aren't usually doing it because they actually hate that part about you.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EHI6WXBZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-13T00:14:11.031+0000) > > The thing is, there are a lot of kids (or immature adults) who will target you with misogynistic comments, but it usually has absolutely nothing to do with you being female (or appearing to be so); these people target insecurities and will take *anything* you give them to use as ammunition to trigger you and make them feel important and powerful. This could be your gender or sex (yes those are different things people), ethnicity, nationality, religion and so on. They are not likely racist or sexist (some really are, unfortunately) but are just taking an opening presented to them. > > Obviously this does not mean their behavior is ok, because it absolutely isn't, it just means that people aren't usually doing it because they actually hate that part about you. You're 99% correct.
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rMGdkqg5,comment-id=0002000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-01T11:52:12.251+0000) > > It depends. Although the situation is as I described most people (including Mods) try to put on a facade sayin that "Rules matter" therefore I am trying to adhere to the rules that should be in place not the rules (or lack of thereof) that aren't. http://i.imgur.com/I6SSmOp.jpg[]
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rMGdkqg5,comment-id=00020002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-01T11:57:29.203+0000) > > http://i.imgur.com/I6SSmOp.jpg[] I know, right?
: > [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rMGdkqg5,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:27:49.963+0000) > > Everything? even political topics? _Not again_ _**Please not again**_
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rMGdkqg5,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:44:02.557+0000) > > _Not again_ > > _**Please not again**_ Well?
Terozu (NA)
: My sister is pregnant again!
Why is this post still up? It's not League related. Delete it.
Neosphoros (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=paBoOqQo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T10:45:15.130+0000) > > That's because your English is as broken as League's balance. The complexity of the subject was so big that the translator could not cope with it. ;) However, everyone understood the meaning of my thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Neosphoros,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=paBoOqQo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-29T10:51:54.164+0000) > > The complexity of the subject was so big that the translator could not cope with it. ;) > > However, everyone understood the meaning of my thread. There is nothing complex in what you wrote. You completely misunderstand the meaning of P2W and your general understanding of MMR and Matchmaking Systems in general is anemic at best.
: Phreak brings up a good issue about Jinx's kit
Minigun is for dueling and kiting. Rocket launcher is for teamfights and waveclear. it's not that difficult of a concept to understand.
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T15:28:01.228+0000) > > So you think it's ok to be a condescending bitch? wow..... > > Now to the argument. We are not using "gay" as an insult. We are insulting a person by attributing inaccurate traits to him. For example, if you are a guy and I call you a girl, you'll be offended or you'll switch it around and go "Ha, I AM a girl, monkey!". Was "the girl" an insult? Not really as the insult crumbled the moment you revealed you were a girl. Now, I could keep going with kitchen jokes etc. but at this point the "You're a girl" isn't an insult. > > Here's the question then. Is calling someone a girl an insult or implying that a guy is a girl an insult. Would it work the other way around? > > In terms of using "gay" as an insult. Deviations from norm are usually what constitutes for a good insult. If you are born with 9 fingers, you can bet it'll be used against you as an insult. If you are born without hands you might get called "handless *insert another insult here*". Same with "gay". it's a deviation from norm and therefore good content for an insult. Isn't the whole point of an insult to make someone feel bad? Deviations from the norm are usually what constitute for a good insult because the whole point of using them as an insult is to make the target feel excluded (like an outcast). When you call someone autistic for acting "weird" (even though he's not actually autistic) you are being a 'condescending bitch' towards them. When you call a guy "girly" for acting feminine, same thing. Attributing inaccurate traits doesn't work without a connection, as in calling a guy "girly" after he does something that has no correlation with masculinity doesn't even hint at an insult since there is no foundation (opportunity) for the insult in the first place. Other than that, insults generally breed toxicity which is detrimental to a competitive environment, unless you're simply joking with friends.
> [{quoted}](name=SpiritController,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T16:49:43.995+0000) > > Isn't the whole point of an insult to make someone feel bad? In most cases, yes. >Deviations from the norm are usually what constitute for a good insult because the whole point of using them as an insult is to make the target feel excluded (like an outcast). That's a way of looking at it. I'd argue that the point of an insult is to show opposition to certain actions of the opposing party. If a guy gets called "girly" because he plays with dolls, for example, it's because the insulting party has a problem with the guy playing with dolls. They aren't necessarily doing it just to make the guy feel bad. > When you call someone autistic for acting "weird" (even though he's not actually autistic) you are being a 'condescending bitch' towards them. I think that's called "being a dick". > When you call a guy "girly" for acting feminine, same thing. Attributing inaccurate traits doesn't work without a connection, as in calling a guy "girly" after he does something that has no correlation with masculinity doesn't even hint at an insult since there is no foundation (opportunity) for the insult in the first place. > Yeah, I agree. In fact, doing so would be detrimental to himself as he would just look like an idiot. > Other than that, insults generally breed toxicity which is detrimental to a competitive environment, unless you're simply joking with friends. I disagree. Korea and Europe are generally most toxic regions in League of Legends and they're also miles ahead of a region that's been taught to be "positive" (NA). Toxicity breeds competitiveness. If you insult someone after he fails, he will want to prove you wrong. If you insult someone after you kill him, he'll do his best to get his revenge. If you just say "Hey, you lost but you did a pretty good job." then it's like "Well, fuck, I did a pretty good job. Meh." I could agree that toxicity without reason has no place in League but regions that have no toxicity at all are shit because they lack competition, drive and desire to prove others wrong.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T15:28:01.228+0000) > > So you think it's ok to be a condescending bitch? wow..... > > Now to the argument. We are not using "gay" as an insult. We are insulting a person by attributing inaccurate traits to him. For example, if you are a guy and I call you a girl, you'll be offended or you'll switch it around and go "Ha, I AM a girl, monkey!". Was "the girl" an insult? Not really as the insult crumbled the moment you revealed you were a girl. Now, I could keep going with kitchen jokes etc. but at this point the "You're a girl" isn't an insult. > > Here's the question then. Is calling someone a girl an insult or implying that a guy is a girl an insult. Would it work the other way around? > > In terms of using "gay" as an insult. Deviations from norm are usually what constitutes for a good insult. If you are born with 9 fingers, you can bet it'll be used against you as an insult. If you are born without hands you might get called "handless *insert another insult here*". Same with "gay". it's a deviation from norm and therefore good content for an insult. You are **insulting** someone by calling them **gay**. Thus you are saying that **being gay deserves to be insulted**. You are saying that being gay is insulting. That is homophobic. It does not matter if they are gay or not. The use of "gay" as an insult is **homophobic** and **sexist**. Period. Plain and simple.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-27T00:07:07.744+0000) > > You are **insulting** someone by calling them **gay**. Thus you are saying that **being gay deserves to be insulted**. You are saying that being gay is insulting. That is homophobic. > The word doesn't matter though. It's the fact that "that someone" isn't gay what offends him. If you are hardworking but somoene calls you lazy, you'd be bothered the same way if you were straight and someone called you gay. The attribution of false traits to the character is what's offensive, not the word. > It does not matter if they are gay or not. The use of "gay" as an insult is **homophobic** and **sexist**. Period. Plain and simple. However, that's how you want to see it so you do. I could probably make someone offended by calling him a carrot. And again, it's not the word that's insulting someone. It's the meaning of it in relation to the opposing party's character. At the end of the day, being offended is a choice.
LilyPichu (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=qko pate,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T12:34:17.632+0000) > > I shoud have used puncuation maybe then you woud have understood something... so you think it's ok to call people gay as an insult? wow.....
> [{quoted}](name=LilyPichu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pogevUGQ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T14:31:25.971+0000) > > so you think it's ok to call people gay as an insult? wow..... So you think it's ok to be a condescending bitch? wow..... Now to the argument. We are not using "gay" as an insult. We are insulting a person by attributing inaccurate traits to him. For example, if you are a guy and I call you a girl, you'll be offended or you'll switch it around and go "Ha, I AM a girl, monkey!". Was "the girl" an insult? Not really as the insult crumbled the moment you revealed you were a girl. Now, I could keep going with kitchen jokes etc. but at this point the "You're a girl" isn't an insult. Here's the question then. Is calling someone a girl an insult or implying that a guy is a girl an insult. Would it work the other way around? In terms of using "gay" as an insult. Deviations from norm are usually what constitutes for a good insult. If you are born with 9 fingers, you can bet it'll be used against you as an insult. If you are born without hands you might get called "handless *insert another insult here*". Same with "gay". it's a deviation from norm and therefore good content for an insult.
: Yo Balance Team! I just fixed crit adcs. You're welcome.
You didn't fix anything though. What are the actual changes you offer? Just saying "Make crit and as seperate" doesn't do anything.
: Idk if having an actual Mongolian champion would make the insult "you fucking mongolian" better or worse lol
> [{quoted}](name=Get Ogre Here,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E03PPMbf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-17T03:36:37.801+0000) > > Idk if having an actual Mongolian champion would make the insult "you fucking mongolian" better or worse lol Whatever increases the quality of flaming as it's 90% of the game anyway.
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d4nKq18W,comment-id=00070001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-17T05:50:25.154+0000) > > Nowhere did he say ALL. He even specifically mentioned that it happens "almost always" which simply isn't ALL. To say that they don't have horrible english is simply stupid. They're Chinese, they do not use English that often as it isn't necessary to them therefore their English suffers. That's simply a fact. > > Do they flame? In most cases I've seen, yes. IWD literally made a video about it. > > Feeding - IWD's video. > > You know what, just watch this. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UlcDrhZddU > > Generalizations happen because they are true. It is a fact that most Chinese League players have terrible English. Prove it wrong. I think you're looking for this videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDj7OlWJ1g which is the first part of 3 where the same player uses a chinese booster who does everything listed and doesn't get the account banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellmaximus1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d4nKq18W,comment-id=000700010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-17T06:20:56.203+0000) > > I think you're looking for this videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDj7OlWJ1g > > which is the first part of 3 where the same player uses a chinese booster who does everything listed and doesn't get the account banned. Oh boy, I actually linked the wrong video. My apologies. But yes, that's the one I was looking for.
: My apology to the Asian community
Next time you remove my comment, at least make sure you put in more appropriate reasoning Mr. "Boards Developer". http://prntscr.com/lvvdyq Nowhere in my comment did I discuss Religion, Sex, Politics or any social issues. My comment was strictly League and it's ecosystem- related.
: Ever had one of those nights where you feel like your brain has just 90% shut down?
: You’re missing my point- I’m saying breaks are a natural part of a gamer’s cycle, and that a lot of Rioters might not be playing League right now, and that’s fine.
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-11T01:29:27.232+0000) > > You’re missing my point- I’m saying breaks are a natural part of a gamer’s cycle, and that a lot of Rioters might not be playing League right now, and that’s fine. I guess the question we should be asking is "Which Rioters aren't playing the game right now?" as it would give us a great insight in why the game is in the state it's in. If the balance team and lead designers aren't playing the game at all, that's a huge problem. If low-tier grunts aren't playing, it doesn't matter.
: investing thousands of dollars for an education for your career, spending thousands of dollars for your own personal equipment to do your job and the time of your life when you can do anything else does show at least a bit of evidence of liking your job. me not going home and working on car for FUN and for FREE dont mean i dont like my job, hence my comparison i used involving a surgeon. you are correct they will keep up to date with different training, medical journals/forums ect. i research and learn from different things on lines. forums. ect at home on my own time.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=0000000200000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-12T23:42:15.936+0000) > > investing thousands of dollars for an education for your career, spending thousands of dollars for your own personal equipment to do your job and the time of your life when you can do anything else does show at least a bit of evidence of liking your job. > Yeah, I can agree with that > me not going home and working on car for FUN and for FREE dont mean i dont like my job, hence my comparison i used involving a surgeon. > The thing is - plenty of mechanics do it because of how much they like it. Comparing surgeon and mechanic isn't necessarily fair as surgeons can't just open up a body and do it for fun. > you are correct they will keep up to date with different training, medical journals/forums ect. i research and learn from different things on lines. forums. ect at home on my own time. In that case you do care about your profession. That in turn means that even with those 50 hours a week you still invest additional time to improve yourself and, consequentally, product / service you put up. Therefore it's safe to say that developers who don't do at least that aren't necessarily invested in their careers.
: actually to invest time and money into a career means something. 2nd paragraph is more reasons why i like my career so it is relevant. so do you think surgeons go home after performing surgery all week at work and operate out of their spare room in their house for fun? and cuz they dont they dont like their job? and back to the OP original statement just cuz some riot employees enjoy playing other video games dont mean they dont like league or dont play league. and if they are playing other games they can compare and see things and get ideas to bring to league. also not every one who works for RIOT work directly in departments that have influence of what ends up in league of legends.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=00000002000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-11T23:47:58.265+0000) > > actually to invest time and money into a career means something. > Sure, it means something. It has nothing to do with liking / disliking a career though. > 2nd paragraph is more reasons why i like my career so it is relevant. > Fair enough. > so do you think surgeons go home after performing surgery all week at work and operate out of their spare room in their house for fun? and cuz they dont they dont like their job? > Way to grasp at straws there. Of course they don't. However, they do read books about it, they constantly learn new things in order to become better. Now, not all of them, obviously. Those that don't care as much obviously don't. But there is a good portion of medical personell that actually do study in their free time. > and back to the OP original statement just cuz some riot employees enjoy playing other video games dont mean they dont like league or dont play league. and if they are playing other games they can compare and see things and get ideas to bring to league. also not every one who works for RIOT work directly in departments that have influence of what ends up in league of legends. Of course it doesn't mean that. But, just as surgeons need to care the most about people they operate on developers have to mostly care about the game they develop. Playing other games is fine, playing other games more than League if you're a League developer isn't. And I've already mentioned that grunts do not matter.
: right thats why i invested 10 yrs of my life so far, over $10k in tools. i mean i rather deal with a car/truck then people so yea . i make my own paychecks based on my production. i get to listen to music as i work. i dont deal with public work in service or retail. how does it seem i dont like it ?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-12-11T00:21:44.106+0000) > >right thats why i invested 10 yrs of my life so far, over $10k in tools. > Invested time has nothing to do with anything. There are people that have worked in retail for 10 years as well. Doesn't mean they like it. > i mean i rather deal with a car/truck then people so yea . i make my own paychecks based on my production. i get to listen to music as i work. i dont deal with public work in service or retail. > Nothing of what you said in the second paragraph has any relevancy here. > how does it seem i dont like it ? Because the only time you actually spend doing it is during work hours?
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-11T00:08:17.175+0000) > > 2. That makes no sense whatsoever. Unless you are just a grunt doing whatever masters tell you to do you have to enjoy the game you're working on more than other games. If you don't enjoy it while making decisions that directly impact the way game is played, how can you expect players to enjoy it? Enjoy it != Always want it to be your top-played game. :P
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-11T00:22:36.405+0000) > > Enjoy it != Always want it to be your top-played game. :P Usually when people enjoy something they tend to spend their time doing it as much as possible. Since we're talking about developers here, if they're not playing the game they develop for and it isn't in their top 3 most played games (and I'm referring to people that actually have voice in the company as no one cares if a grunt plays it or not) they should be fired.
: >Why are riot workers playing more, on other games compare to League of Legends? 1. Working on a game requires playing that game. Usually a *lot*. So it makes sense to take breaks to play other games when you're not working. 2. Working on a game doesn't mean it has to be your favorite game or most-played game. It just means you need to know that game well and like that game a lot, even if ti's not your most played at all times.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-10T23:32:23.190+0000) > > 1. Working on a game requires playing that game. Usually a *lot*. So it makes sense to take breaks to play other games when you're not working. > 2. Working on a game doesn't mean it has to be your favorite game or most-played game. It just means you need to know that game well and like that game a lot, even if ti's not your most played at all times. 2. That makes no sense whatsoever. Unless you are just a grunt doing whatever masters tell you to do you have to enjoy the game you're working on more than other games. If you don't enjoy it while making decisions that directly impact the way game is played, how can you expect players to enjoy it?
: well shit i work as a mechanic for a living i dont go home and work on cars for fun. kinda do that 50 hrs a week.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6fsjEVWh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-10T23:29:12.089+0000) > > well shit i work as a mechanic for a living i dont go home and work on cars for fun. > > kinda do that 50 hrs a week. That's probably because you don't like it as much as you think you do.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GNhXiJA7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T08:50:35.063+0000) > > As it currently stands, the code is redundant. Dude, somebody else already explained why it's like this, they've been given a "correct, you win". Just read back...
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GNhXiJA7,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T18:34:46.545+0000) > > Dude, somebody else already explained why it's like this, they've been given a "correct, you win". Just read back... I don't have to. This is an example of bad code. You risk screwing up your entire thread sequence just because you don't want to actually solve the problem.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GNhXiJA7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-01T19:44:12.111+0000) > > It doesn't. Seems that way, doesn't it :) As I said, it looks crazy. But there's meaning behind it.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GNhXiJA7,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T19:47:46.881+0000) > > Seems that way, doesn't it :) As I said, it looks crazy. > But there's meaning behind it. As it currently stands, the code is redundant.
zoliking (NA)
: Crazy programming
knobblez (NA)
: its not a big deal... just wanted to let you know you sound funny. some people say its right on a technicality. im not gonna act like i know the technicalities of it, but it doesn't sound right at all.
> [{quoted}](name=knobblez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-26T03:39:52.733+0000) > > its not a big deal... just wanted to let you know you sound funny. some people say its right on a technicality. im not gonna act like i know the technicalities of it, but it doesn't sound right at all. Hey, I'm always happy to fix my mistakes. Thanks for pointing them out ;)
knobblez (NA)
: all the ways you said it are fine, but he said none of those. this is what he said: "I feel like not only their balance team is bad". that is caveman talk(read the quote again, please.) the problem falls between 'only' and 'their'. you can't say "im only one home" you say "i'm THE only one home". "i feel like not only IS their balance team bad" is correct.
> [{quoted}](name=knobblez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-24T04:15:37.378+0000) > > all the ways you said it are fine, but he said none of those. this is what he said: "I feel like not only their balance team is bad". that is caveman talk(read the quote again, please.) the problem falls between 'only' and 'their'. you can't say "im only one home" you say "i'm THE only one home". "i feel like not only IS their balance team bad" is correct. Give me a break. English is my third language and I have 4 more to keep track of.
Aseraan (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-11-24T14:29:53.161+0000) > > Which is something they didn't do. "Small indie company" No budget.
> [{quoted}](name=Aseraan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-24T19:32:52.735+0000) > > "Small indie company" > No budget. Exactly.
Shazzbot69 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=xG Spectre,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-23T05:17:21.690+0000) > > I feel like not only their balance team is bad at actually balancing the game, but they're also extremely bad at basic math. i wouldn;t say balance team is bad, I'd say that it is an case of what you want and what the balance team wants are at odds. Remember, Riot is buy out by tencent, who has incentive to keep games as short as possible to pander to the internet cafe crowds
> [{quoted}](name=Shazzbot69,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2018-11-24T03:14:31.407+0000) > > i wouldn;t say balance team is bad, I'd say that it is an case of what you want and what the balance team wants are at odds. Remember, Riot is buy out by tencent, who has incentive to keep games as short as possible to pander to the internet cafe crowds You are probably correct. The game isn't made for players at this point, it's made to satisfy the big brother (Tencent),
Aseraan (EUW)
: For basic math use a calculator damitXD
> [{quoted}](name=Aseraan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-11-24T02:05:36.195+0000) > > For basic math use a calculator damitXD Which is something they didn't do.
RAKCUS (NA)
: How can they balance it if it has not been tested yet?
> [{quoted}](name=RAKCUS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-23T23:34:32.453+0000) > > How can they balance it if it has not been tested yet? By using math.
knobblez (NA)
: your english ain't so hot either lmao
> [{quoted}](name=knobblez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-23T17:01:46.917+0000) > > your english ain't so hot either lmao If you say so "lmao". Edit: Oh, and I am not being paid to know English at native speakers level but they are being paid to balance the game properly, aren't they?
: I thought turret plating would be a shield that you had to kill before the tower's real HP showed up
I feel like not only their balance team is bad at actually balancing the game, but they're also extremely bad at basic math.
: I like neeko's character and design
I don't get it. Why does champions sexuality matter?
JTHancok (NA)
: What Should I be doing under level 30
I'll give you an advice you'll appreciate down the line - uninstall the game before you hit level 30. It'll help your mental health immensely. Learn a skill rather than play this mess of a game.
: lol what?
> [{quoted}](name=Trilobit731,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=N9tN67Yz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T19:45:27.854+0000) > > lol what? Passive and E (kinda) are taken from Leoric, Q is just basic as sh*t and similar to one of Leorics abilities with a diminished effectivity, W is just Maiev's Ult with a different effect, R is Ragnaros's Heroic ability. There is nothing new or interesting about the character. Since you have refurbished everything else, I presume the art itself also isn't yours.
: Gottfried,the Ruined king.
So basically an amalgamation of numerous Heroes of the Storm characters. No thanks.
: can we stop the sexualization in League of Legends i agree with hashinshin !!
: 1) Except.... you don't because your opponent cant see you in W, has their minion wave and yours in their way, and once done clearing their wave, yours is still between you and them. And it's something called "Pacing." If you know anything about the new Akali, you know that she needs to keep her energy high, and last hit waves, not aggressively clear. That's what Pyke does. You don't technically need your entire kit to clear; You just need Q. I'm just telling you how to 100-0 them. Realistically most wave clears use one skill, and just wait until the last hit. 2) Doran's has 2 features that heal...... and at a higher rate than Relic shield does..... hence why adcs regularly take it..... 3) I have played every single champ in the game at least 20 times. In Season 4 I mained Udyr. In Season 6-7 I was playing Nidalee. Right now..... the only junglers who reliably clear fast enough to be comparatively a threat to Pyke's clear are Udyr and Xin Zhao. Anyone else..... Pyke can pace with. And I can invade Xin Zhao and put him behind. Udyr will just fall victim to my Q if he actually tries to engage me. Overall, Xin is the most oppressive to a Pyke jungler. Warwick can harass Pyke, but won't kill him, and has FAR slower clear than Pyke does. Let me put it this way: I'm level 6 by 6:52 without a Leash as Pyke. With a Leash, depending on ganks, I'm usually level 6 by 5:48. That's how fast my clear path is. 4) Amumu is holding a 52.43% Win rate...... dunno where you get that he's weak..... He IS currently holding only rank 26 of 48 meta junglers in CS though, and that's partially because his rework has incentivized tank builds over AP Tank secondary builds. The capacity for faster clear is there. But the current meta doesn't always use it. He is currently the 5th highest win rate meta junglers. 5) 1 CC in ....... 5 champs..... technically 2, since he also has a Silence...... A lot of CC implies 7-10 skills with hard CC...... 6) What are you smoking? How did you construe that I dive 5 people late game? I'm saying you CAN'T, but that's what all late games boil down to. If you try to pull someone out of the mess, you're dead. If you try to E someone, you're dead. If you try to R someone, you're dead. If you wait for someone to walk away from the huddle, it never happens..... Late game = grouped teams, and Pyke can't do anything as long as anyone can focus on him. He can potentially R if he waits 5-7 seconds after a team fight has started to "appear" and clean up, but then his team is dead, and he might get 2-3 kills before he too is dead. That's how late game high elo play ALWAYS happens.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-11T22:14:01.523+0000) > > 1) Except.... you don't because your opponent cant see you in W, has their minion wave and yours in their way, and once done clearing their wave, yours is still between you and them. And it's something called "Pacing." If you know anything about the new Akali, you know that she needs to keep her energy high, and last hit waves, not aggressively clear. That's what Pyke does. You don't technically need your entire kit to clear; You just need Q. I'm just telling you how to 100-0 them. Realistically most wave clears use one skill, and just wait until the last hit. > > 2) Doran's has 2 features that heal...... and at a higher rate than Relic shield does..... hence why adcs regularly take it..... > > 3) I have played every single champ in the game at least 20 times. In Season 4 I mained Udyr. In Season 6-7 I was playing Nidalee. Right now..... the only junglers who reliably clear fast enough to be comparatively a threat to Pyke's clear are Udyr and Xin Zhao. Anyone else..... Pyke can pace with. And I can invade Xin Zhao and put him behind. Udyr will just fall victim to my Q if he actually tries to engage me. Overall, Xin is the most oppressive to a Pyke jungler. > > Warwick can harass Pyke, but won't kill him, and has FAR slower clear than Pyke does. > > Let me put it this way: I'm level 6 by 6:52 without a Leash as Pyke. With a Leash, depending on ganks, I'm usually level 6 by 5:48. That's how fast my clear path is. > > 4) Amumu is holding a 52.43% Win rate...... dunno where you get that he's weak..... He IS currently holding only rank 26 of 48 meta junglers in CS though, and that's partially because his rework has incentivized tank builds over AP Tank secondary builds. The capacity for faster clear is there. But the current meta doesn't always use it. He is currently the 5th highest win rate meta junglers. > > 5) 1 CC in ....... 5 champs..... technically 2, since he also has a Silence...... > > A lot of CC implies 7-10 skills with hard CC...... > > 6) What are you smoking? How did you construe that I dive 5 people late game? I'm saying you CAN'T, but that's what all late games boil down to. If you try to pull someone out of the mess, you're dead. If you try to E someone, you're dead. If you try to R someone, you're dead. If you wait for someone to walk away from the huddle, it never happens..... Late game = grouped teams, and Pyke can't do anything as long as anyone can focus on him. He can potentially R if he waits 5-7 seconds after a team fight has started to "appear" and clean up, but then his team is dead, and he might get 2-3 kills before he too is dead. That's how late game high elo play ALWAYS happens. 1) Depending on your proximity to him, he can. Speaking of waveclear though: Pyke Q -> 16/14/12/10/8 Syndra Q -> 4/4/4/4/4 Orianna Q -> 6/5.25/4.5/3.75/3 Xerath Q -> 9/8/7/6/5 See the pattern here? Most Midlaners have lower CD abilities to clear waves with, most of them also hit more minions than Pyke's Q. What happens when he uses that Q to "clear"? He gets hit by 3 Dark Spheres (at the bare minimum) and loses half of his HP. And guess what, most midlaners have multiple abilities that can function as waveclear that are on a lower cooldown than any of Pyke's "waveclear" abilities. In addition to that, most of those midlaners can also stay in range out of harm's way while Pyke has to put himself in danger to CS. Without any real all in potential and good waveclear you can't possiby argue that he is a good midlaner. Also also, you if you want to use E as waveclear ability, you have to go through minions one of or another. Basically, you describe a situation where you walk behind the enemy's caster minions and he through them in the direction of your Turret OR you E through the minion wave in the direction of the enemy champion. How do you presume that ends? I'll give you a tip - not well. 2) ADC's take Doran's Shield because it's objectively better than Doran's Blade at surviving the lane. In addition to that, Support Pyke doesn't take Doran's Shield & Sololane Pyke doesn't take Relic Shield. Stupid argument on your part, really. Case closed. 3) It's hard to believe that you hit 6 before sololaners especially on Pyke. That's about it, for now. 4) Just because few onetricks spam Amumu (it's a fact, not an opinion) doesn't mean he is a good jungler. 5) And? It's a highly disruptive ability that can potentially shut down a character. Not respecting it, especially if you are ahead, is just ridiculous and downright stupid. No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with the amount of CC. One ability with 3 seconds of Hard CC is always better than 6 abilities with 0.5 second Hard CC. 6) Because that's the assumption if you argue that you cannot use a single ability on Tank Pyke. No, they don't (maybe in Silver they do). You are not supposed to pull someone out of the teamfight if it has been initiated. You are supposed to do that before that. If you are actually arguing that Tank Pyke is incapable of staying alive for more than 3 seconds in a teamfight then the problem isn't the champion. It's you. Do not talk about high elo games, you have no idea what those are.
: You sure like to troll people. 1) Ever try to W past a minion wave, E back through them, and then non hold Q them? It's almost a guaranteed wave clear. Learn to use your kit. It also doesn't put you at risk, and is safer than {{champion:84}} at clearing and has 2 aoe abilities, where she has one. 2) You do not need Relic shield to heal. You have your passive, and whatever sustain you build. For example, {{item:1054}} ...... In jungle, the items themselves give you all the sustain you need. After the first 3-4 camps, Pyke is never at risk, and his clear is absolutely fine. I don't lane Pyke, but I know people who do, and they do fine..... I only Jungle/Support him. 3) Omfg Amumu has the second fastest jungle clear in the game, and when played right is one of the most oppressive junglers in the game. not good? Omfg..... There are plenty of people who know how to counter his kit, but he can get around that with the right builds and right positioning.... 4) I did. If you want more evidence, check the games I played tonight. Every single game I played tonight is a top tier carry performance. Even the losses. (The last game I literally carried as Leona, with an early int feeding Irelia, Yi, and 0/4 Malhazar..... Our entire base was gone for 14 minutes of the game, and they couldn't finish because I literally stopped ever advance by every carry. It took us two pushes to win). 5) It actually put it up to about + 583 (Nullifying Orb + Maw....), and the resist/cdr/ad is far more valuable to Pyke. Again.... he killed me twice the entire game. QSS is something I'd buy if I actually consistently have cc to deal with. After I got Mercurials, I could generally just muscle through his ult..... escape, heal, and come back. Setting up kills vs grouped, Conquerer and Guinsoo's stacked Stormrazor champs really isn't viable that late. Damage output has far exceeded Pyke's HP by then, and armor reduction is so high that he dies in one hit. If you try to play as a support at that point, you're going to die before you get your Q off..... If you try to E, you're dead before your E finishes. You're dead before your R completes, even if you weren't in the fight that brought the person down to R level hp.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-11T09:47:23.186+0000) > > You sure like to troll people. > > 1) Ever try to W past a minion wave, E back through them, and then non hold Q them? It's almost a guaranteed wave clear. Learn to use your kit. It also doesn't put you at risk, and is safer than {{champion:84}} at clearing and has 2 aoe abilities, where she has one. > > 2) You do not need Relic shield to heal. You have your passive, and whatever sustain you build. For example, {{item:1054}} ...... > > In jungle, the items themselves give you all the sustain you need. After the first 3-4 camps, Pyke is never at risk, and his clear is absolutely fine. > > I don't lane Pyke, but I know people who do, and they do fine..... I only Jungle/Support him. > > 3) Omfg Amumu has the second fastest jungle clear in the game, and when played right is one of the most oppressive junglers in the game. not good? Omfg..... There are plenty of people who know how to counter his kit, but he can get around that with the right builds and right positioning.... > > 4) I did. If you want more evidence, check the games I played tonight. Every single game I played tonight is a top tier carry performance. Even the losses. (The last game I literally carried as Leona, with an early int feeding Irelia, Yi, and 0/4 Malhazar..... Our entire base was gone for 14 minutes of the game, and they couldn't finish because I literally stopped ever advance by every carry. It took us two pushes to win). > > 5) It actually put it up to about + 583 (Nullifying Orb + Maw....), and the resist/cdr/ad is far more valuable to Pyke. Again.... he killed me twice the entire game. QSS is something I'd buy if I actually consistently have cc to deal with. After I got Mercurials, I could generally just muscle through his ult..... escape, heal, and come back. > > Setting up kills vs grouped, Conquerer and Guinsoo's stacked Stormrazor champs really isn't viable that late. Damage output has far exceeded Pyke's HP by then, and armor reduction is so high that he dies in one hit. If you try to play as a support at that point, you're going to die before you get your Q off..... If you try to E, you're dead before your E finishes. You're dead before your R completes, even if you weren't in the fight that brought the person down to R level hp. 1) Oops, you blew all of your abilities. You lose half of your health at the very least and die in the worst case scenario. 2) If you want to survive laning phase? Yeah, you need it. Doran's Shield only heals for so much. if you think his clear is fine, you've never actually played junglers that have good clear. 3) And you say that at the time where Amumu is probably one of the worst junglers out there. Oh Lord. "There are plenty of people who know how to counter his kit, but he can get around that with the right builds and right positioning" - and you just disproved your own argument. 4) Sure you did. 5) "if I actually consistently have cc to deal with." - thank god Malzahar's R is not CC. Imagine that kind of world. Lel, it sounds like you're the one that doesn't know how to play Pyke here. Also, you are not supposed to fully charge Q in the midst of 5 enemies. That might be the reason you die before you get your Q off. Anyway, this conversation has been laughable at best. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. Just for comedy's sake, you can respond though.
: Okay .... 1) Playing Pyke anywhere BUT support bolsters his gold income, damage output, experience, levels, and HP thresholds. This means..... playing him as support is actually inferior in every way. In lane, he has less income, less xp, and constantly has to dodge damage and waste skills to live. Every single factor about supporting him argues that losing as a Jungler emphasizes his weaknesses even more. 2) I have been jungling him since his inception to a tune of 52-54% Win rate. Pyke does NOT struggle to clear, take objectives or even get drakes. He's as good as any jungler. 3) I did do everything right. 4) Don't you remember? We have to build "Lethality" now for Pyke's skills to be operational. I only died twice to Malhazar, and they were at points in the game where buying QSS is not money feasible. Furthermore, building QSS just turns around and creates a chronic weakness versus the REST of Mal's team, by taking an item slot that can be used to deplete Armor, or create a magic shield (which is effectively Pyke's only way to gain HP). No one other than Pyke on their entire team is actually affected by a QSS..... I effectively bought {{item:3111}} right after the first time he killed me. And I was working a {{item:3156}} 5) You didn't read a word I said OR look at my stats. -I was 19/8/8. I WAS ahead. -Pyke does Not carry from being ahead. P.S. Zed can still do his job at 50 minutes. Pyke can't.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:56:25.610+0000) > > Okay .... > > 1) Playing Pyke anywhere BUT support bolsters his gold income, damage output, experience, levels, and HP thresholds. This means..... playing him as support is actually inferior in every way. In lane, he has less income, less xp, and constantly has to dodge damage and waste skills to live. Every single factor about supporting him argues that losing as a Jungler emphasizes his weaknesses even more. > > 2) I have been jungling him since his inception to a tune of 52-54% Win rate. Pyke does NOT struggle to clear, take objectives or even get drakes. He's as good as any jungler. > > 3) I did do everything right. > > 4) Don't you remember? We have to build "Lethality" now for Pyke's skills to be operational. I only died twice to Malhazar, and they were at points in the game where buying QSS is not money feasible. Furthermore, building QSS just turns around and creates a chronic weakness versus the REST of Mal's team, by taking an item slot that can be used to deplete Armor, or create a magic shield (which is effectively Pyke's only way to gain HP). No one other than Pyke on their entire team is actually affected by a QSS..... I effectively bought {{item:3111}} right after the first time he killed me. And I was working a {{item:3156}} > > 5) You didn't read a word I said OR look at my stats. > -I was 19/8/8. I WAS ahead. > -Pyke does Not carry from being ahead. > > P.S. Zed can still do his job at 50 minutes. Pyke can't. 1) His solo lane potential is squandered because he has no reliable waveclear and he needs to move around the lane in order to reliably set up kills with a jungler. Any competent mid / top will simply push him out of the lane and he will sit under the turret being unable to roam. His solokill potential is also squandered because of unreliable his abilities are meaning that any mid / top can simply walk around his extremely telegraphed abilities. Support Pyke works because he doesnt have to focus on farming. He can reliably move through bushes and around minions trying to pick out bad positioning. He can't do that in sololanes as he needs those abilities to counter-push the wave. "...constantly has to dodge damage and waste skills to live." - and he doesn't have to do that in sololanes? Sololanes in fact are harder to pull off a you can't heal off relic shield which is a huge part of Pyke's early game. in addition, sololanes usually have harder lane bullies than botlane. In addition to that, you can simply back off, heal while staying in xp range if you're in botlane without losing anything. You can't do that in sololanes unless you want to be 30 cs down by 10th minute. 2) Amumu also doesn't struggle with clear and drakes. That doesn't make him a good jungler. Just because you don't struggle doesn't mean you're a viable jungler. 3) Sure you did. Keep living in your dream world. 4) You bought Hexdrinker instead of QSS. If you value 300 hp magic shield over cc removal against Malzahar well then, that's probably why you're silver. 5) Pyke's job is to set up and execute. i am pretty sure you can still set up kills at 50 minutes. I am pretty sure he can still execute targets at 50 minutes. Arguing otherwise is just foolish. If you were ahead and you lost, that's on you not the champion or your team.
: Just another update: just did an updated game with Lethality Pyke Jungle https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2906419874/243999882?tab=overview Yeah. I was pretty much 1v5ing. Guess what? didn't win. Brand let Malhazar free farm to the point one ult could kill. (Because guess what? It outstrips Pyke's HP growth, and there's nothing Pyke can do about it) Kai Sa and Soraka...... did NOTHING the entire game..... even though I ganked and killed their lane three times. Nasus was too busy chatting with the enemy to do anything. I also killed Yi twice in his lane. He won Turret, but then proceeded to get caught out alone in the jungle 7 times...... 5 resulting in his death. Brand's kills were all pick ups from bad engages where Kai Sa died and I was set up for R's. Guess what? -After about 22:00, Voli, Mal, both popped me like a grape. Sion didn't get the chance. Yi generally sucked at predicting what skills/orders I was going to do and would Alpha right into a E... or would meditate into a Q being up. Ezreal only killed me twice, and both times was due to his posse, not him; one at the end of the game, and one mid game where my team wouldn't peel Voli/Sion. I was literally doing everything right. Still lost. Why? I don't blame my team. I blame the fact this is how Pyke's win curve goes on Lethality: https://champion.gg/champion/Pyke/Support? His win rate falls of a cliff to itemization, and the eventual tankiness that shuts down his capacity to do his job, even when he's fed. Most fed champs..... stay fed. Stay Relevant. P.S. Most of these kills were solo, not team kills.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-10T19:14:30.382+0000) > > Just another update: just did an updated game with Lethality Pyke Jungle > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2906419874/243999882?tab=overview > > Yeah. I was pretty much 1v5ing. Guess what? didn't win. > > Brand let Malhazar free farm to the point one ult could kill. (Because guess what? It outstrips Pyke's HP growth, and there's nothing Pyke can do about it) > > Kai Sa and Soraka...... did NOTHING the entire game..... even though I ganked and killed their lane three times. > > Nasus was too busy chatting with the enemy to do anything. I also killed Yi twice in his lane. He won Turret, but then proceeded to get caught out alone in the jungle 7 times...... 5 resulting in his death. > > Brand's kills were all pick ups from bad engages where Kai Sa died and I was set up for R's. > > Guess what? > > -After about 22:00, Voli, Mal, both popped me like a grape. Sion didn't get the chance. Yi generally sucked at predicting what skills/orders I was going to do and would Alpha right into a E... or would meditate into a Q being up. Ezreal only killed me twice, and both times was due to his posse, not him; one at the end of the game, and one mid game where my team wouldn't peel Voli/Sion. > > I was literally doing everything right. Still lost. Why? I don't blame my team. I blame the fact this is how Pyke's win curve goes on Lethality: > > https://champion.gg/champion/Pyke/Support? > > His win rate falls of a cliff to itemization, and the eventual tankiness that shuts down his capacity to do his job, even when he's fed. > > Most fed champs..... stay fed. Stay Relevant. > > P.S. Most of these kills were solo, not team kills. I generally do no care about your excuses as to why you lost. Also, this match has no bearing on our conversation. We are discussing why people generally played Tank Pyke over Lethality / AD Pyke in the Support position. You playing a character in a role he is not designed to be played in does nothing to bolster your side of the argument. Like I said before, his job is to set up a kill and then execute targets using his ultimate. His kit isn't designed to be played in the jungle therefore you obviously will struggle later on in the game as you are playing a sub-optimal jungler. Arguing that you "literally did everything right" makes you look like a Silver (which makes sense since that's what you are) but please stop being delusional. Also, not buying QSS against Malzahar is a travesty and makes your "literally did everything right" irrelevant. If you can't even do that, I don't even want to think about what else you screwed up. Also, looking at winrates few days after rebalancing is useless. Give him time to settle, then we can talk. In addition to that, assassins generally fare worse in late game as their job is to get ahead and snowball. It's the case with Zed, it's the case with Talon and so on. That's one of the reasons Tank Pyke was so prevalent. But I guess it pointless to argue that with you as you've just proven you don't really know what you're talking about.
: I am Diamond II. Again, Pyke's Survivability has never had anything at all to do with his tank build; It's had far more to do with what champs he's vs and the proficiency of those players playing those champs: {{champion:103}} Can stalk Pyke to the ends of the earth, and a good one can eliminate Pyke's Counterplay (As Pyke I have beat Ahri, but it's with different rune trees than the meta, including Nullifying Orb) {{champion:84}} Can mark and one shot Pyke and follow him after any mobility skill, which will then be on cooldown. {{champion:12}} Creates an environment where Pyke can't reliably assassinate anyone in Bot lane, or anywhere Alistar exists, on risk of Stun, heal outs, and tankiness. {{champion:32}} Can out skill Pyke's mobility, and usually can win every engagement. {{champion:34}} Pyke has no actual way to win this without help. If he attempts to skill in on Anivia, Anivia responds with a Frost wall, Point and click R, and line of sight stun/massive damage. Usually can solo Pyke in one combo, and her R reasonably prevents Pyke's R, in Pyke's damage pace. {{champion:1}} 1 shots Pyke and Pyke generally has no counterplay. Even with Nullifying Orb, Mag Resist, he cannot get his tankiness high enough to mitigate her raw output. Furthermore, Pyke is a single target auto attacker, so he can't both juggle Tibbers and Annie at the same time. He kills her..... Tibbers kills him. {{champion:22}} R literally pubstomps Pyke. He's dead before the stun is over. And she doesn't even have to try to hit it, because for Pyke to do ANYTHING, he creates windows of guaranteed hits. I'm not going to go through the entire list. 1) E/W has NEVER actually been strong at getting him out. Literally half the champ roster counters it, and so does good warding, {{summoner:14}} , champs with faster move speed, and low cooldown skills which gap close. {{champion:131}}, even though she has no movement speed utility..... destroys Pyke's E/W's. Why? Because her Q outranges the distance Pyke can travel in the time it takes her to set it up, reveals him, and allows her to R to him and displace him/1shot him. And that's if Pyke is running in a straight line. If he's weaving, she can just directly R him. There are a LOT of matchups like this. And they don't boil down to skill. They boil down to basics of the champs. 2) There are MAJOR differences between the reasons Irelia/Akali have a low win rate and why Pyke has a low win rate. Irelia and Akali are technically challenging champions to manage/perfect. Pyke is not. You can grab Pyke out of the bag and do his job, because it's a linear job. The fine tuning is just in trying to die less. Irelia has a clunky and easy to abuse lane phase, and is pretty easy to counterplay if you know her kit. Her skill order requires training and discipline as a player. Akali suffers the same problems: She has two ways to gain energy, but most people don't use them correctly right out of the box, and don't properly conserve. Her E's proper use is complicated to learn, and getting used to auto attacking when your kit is 90% skills is hard for new players. Some old players don't even auto attack on Akali correctly. To date, she is probably the highest skill cap champion released/reworked. What I'm getting at is, if a champion's kit is simplistic to begin with, it does absolutely reflect his capabilities to cite win rates, especially when one is as POPULAR as Pyke was. 3) People didn't pick AD Pyke because it had even worse performance than Tank. "Better" is a very subjective word, your premise is laughable. If AD Pyke was better than Tank Pyke, people would be playing it? lmfao. If AD Pyke was better than tank Pyke, tank Pyke would be running about a 38%-42% win rate. No one would be playing him. They would be throwing him in the heap with 90 other champs no one plays. People don't just have a choice between playing one meta and playing another. They can also choose to substitute and NOT play. 4) Counters are NOT irrelevant, especially when so many TYPES of counters apply to one champ's interactions. The only champs who generally are not countering Pyke, are SOLO ADCs WHO GET CAUGHT OUT. And some of them, like Jhin, Kalista, Draven, actually can solo Pyke. The rest of the game, he's more or less a cleanup crew when built AD. He can't skirmish. Tryndamere and Jhin can literally 1 shot Pyke with an auto attack. Kai Sa can literally 1 shot Pyke with a Q. And 2 of these are champs he's supposed to lane against. Pyke is part of the reason Kai Sai is so popular now. She can 1 shot him. If I see a Pyke pick other than myself, I go {{champion:43}} , and game is over. After lane phase, Pyke will never get another kill if I Karma, at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T17:53:02.786+0000) > > I am Diamond II. > > Again, Pyke's Survivability has never had anything at all to do with his tank build; It's had far more to do with what champs he's vs and the proficiency of those players playing those champs: > > {{champion:103}} Can stalk Pyke to the ends of the earth, and a good one can eliminate Pyke's Counterplay (As Pyke I have beat Ahri, but it's with different rune trees than the meta, including Nullifying Orb) > {{champion:84}} Can mark and one shot Pyke and follow him after any mobility skill, which will then be on cooldown. > {{champion:12}} Creates an environment where Pyke can't reliably assassinate anyone in Bot lane, or anywhere Alistar exists, on risk of Stun, heal outs, and tankiness. > {{champion:32}} Can out skill Pyke's mobility, and usually can win every engagement. > {{champion:34}} Pyke has no actual way to win this without help. If he attempts to skill in on Anivia, Anivia responds with a Frost wall, Point and click R, and line of sight stun/massive damage. Usually can solo Pyke in one combo, and her R reasonably prevents Pyke's R, in Pyke's damage pace. > {{champion:1}} 1 shots Pyke and Pyke generally has no counterplay. Even with Nullifying Orb, Mag Resist, he cannot get his tankiness high enough to mitigate her raw output. Furthermore, Pyke is a single target auto attacker, so he can't both juggle Tibbers and Annie at the same time. He kills her..... Tibbers kills him. > {{champion:22}} R literally pubstomps Pyke. He's dead before the stun is over. And she doesn't even have to try to hit it, because for Pyke to do ANYTHING, he creates windows of guaranteed hits. > > I'm not going to go through the entire list. > > 1) E/W has NEVER actually been strong at getting him out. Literally half the champ roster counters it, and so does good warding, {{summoner:14}} , champs with faster move speed, and low cooldown skills which gap close. > > {{champion:131}}, even though she has no movement speed utility..... destroys Pyke's E/W's. Why? Because her Q outranges the distance Pyke can travel in the time it takes her to set it up, reveals him, and allows her to R to him and displace him/1shot him. And that's if Pyke is running in a straight line. If he's weaving, she can just directly R him. > > There are a LOT of matchups like this. And they don't boil down to skill. They boil down to basics of the champs. > > 2) There are MAJOR differences between the reasons Irelia/Akali have a low win rate and why Pyke has a low win rate. Irelia and Akali are technically challenging champions to manage/perfect. Pyke is not. > > You can grab Pyke out of the bag and do his job, because it's a linear job. The fine tuning is just in trying to die less. > > Irelia has a clunky and easy to abuse lane phase, and is pretty easy to counterplay if you know her kit. Her skill order requires training and discipline as a player. > > Akali suffers the same problems: She has two ways to gain energy, but most people don't use them correctly right out of the box, and don't properly conserve. Her E's proper use is complicated to learn, and getting used to auto attacking when your kit is 90% skills is hard for new players. Some old players don't even auto attack on Akali correctly. To date, she is probably the highest skill cap champion released/reworked. > > What I'm getting at is, if a champion's kit is simplistic to begin with, it does absolutely reflect his capabilities to cite win rates, especially when one is as POPULAR as Pyke was. > > 3) People didn't pick AD Pyke because it had even worse performance than Tank. "Better" is a very subjective word, your premise is laughable. If AD Pyke was better than Tank Pyke, people would be playing it? lmfao. If AD Pyke was better than tank Pyke, tank Pyke would be running about a 38%-42% win rate. No one would be playing him. They would be throwing him in the heap with 90 other champs no one plays. People don't just have a choice between playing one meta and playing another. They can also choose to substitute and NOT play. > > 4) Counters are NOT irrelevant, especially when so many TYPES of counters apply to one champ's interactions. The only champs who generally are not countering Pyke, are SOLO ADCs WHO GET CAUGHT OUT. And some of them, like Jhin, Kalista, Draven, actually can solo Pyke. The rest of the game, he's more or less a cleanup crew when built AD. He can't skirmish. > > Tryndamere and Jhin can literally 1 shot Pyke with an auto attack. Kai Sa can literally 1 shot Pyke with a Q. And 2 of these are champs he's supposed to lane against. > > Pyke is part of the reason Kai Sai is so popular now. She can 1 shot him. > > If I see a Pyke pick other than myself, I go {{champion:43}} , and game is over. After lane phase, Pyke will never get another kill if I Karma, at all. Well, this account is in Silver so that's what I'm going with. It has all to do with tank build. That is literally what tanks do - Survive. Tank items give survivability. I mean, come on, it's basic stuff. 1) None of the champions you mentioned, apart from Alistar and Ashe have any interaction with Botlane Pyke so those arguments are irrelevant. If you are making those examples because of Mid / Late game then we can have a discussion about that later. You just need to clarify whether you are mentioning them as a Early game matchups or Mid / Late game counters. Alistar: Tank Pyke does not function as an assassin in the botlane. He functions similarly to Thresh - Hook into E into Ult. If Alistar tries to disable Pyke the fight is already won as ADC has free reign to do whatever he wants. Besides that, Pyke doesn't really have to engage Alistar lane because of how Tank Pyke functions. Ashe: Depends on the way the initiation is created. Again, if she ults Pyke, the ADC is allowed to do whatever he wants. If the arrows cc isn't long enough, Pyke can simply disengage. I don't really see how it serves your argument though as mentioning only half of a matchup in botlane does nothing. Same for the Alistar example. 2) Pyke's popularity is the reason his winrates are low. Generally, the more people play a champion the lower its winrates are. Take the easiest example available - Kai'sa. She is single handedly the most broken champion in the game right now, yet she is sitting on 49.13% winrate. There is no arguing that her kit is complicated as it's as straight forward as it gets. If she's so OP why is her winrate so low, you ask? Well, that's because her pickrate is 18.08%. In the opposition we have Mordekaiser with 50.84% winrate. His pickrate, however, is 0.15%. So, is Mordekaiser a better champion than Kai'sa? Winrates seem to suggest he is. However, we both know that Pickrate directly impacts a champions winrate which is why I previously mentioned that the statistics aren't clean. They are polluted by people who don't know how to play a character. Vayne is one of those champions that not only is mechanically intensive but requires a good support to actually be viable yet she sits at a comfortable 49% winrate. There are tons of examples where easier champions that supposedly are stronger have lower winrates and vice versa. Now, because Akali / Irelia have low pickrates and low winrates, you could argue that the stats are pretty clean on both of them. However, I won't give it to you that easily. Because of how high their banrate is, I will make the argument that a lot of players would pick them regardless of whether they can play the champion because of "it's open, gotta pick it". If they didn't have the highest banrate in the game, I would give you the argument. Pyke's complexity is also not so easily determinable. Q can be used as a hook, slow and used in variety of ways to misposition or gapclose an enemy champion. W can be used for zoning, as a decoy or to restore health. E can be used as stun and escape or to reposition. R can be used as an execute or to reposition. Just going by functionality, he is a lot more complicated than Irelia as each of her abilities mostly does 1 thing apart from R and potentially Q. 3) Yes, people generally play what's better / stronger. That's literally how META is made. If AD Pyke was a stronger champion overall, people would have played that rather than Tank Pyke. Because that wasn't the case, people played him Full Tank. What are you basing those numbers on? Just because you make that up in your head, doesn't mean they exist. Pyke's winrate right now is ~50%. It wasn't 38% and it's not 42%. Because most people played Pyke Full Tank I will argue that Tank Pyke's winrate was also ~50%. If AD Pyke would've been better, there, of course, is no telling what his winrate would be as it didn't happen. 4) I don't really understand why you compare Pyke to ADC's and Mid's etc. He is a Support. He was designed as a support, he is mostly played as support. Most supports would die 1v1 to an ADC. Pyke is one of the few supports that actually can duel an ADC and Mid when the setup is correct. That in itself is impressive. He is not supposed to duel, he is not supposed to skirmish. He is supposed to set up a play and then finish it using his ult. That's his job. OK, in what world does Jhin oneshot Tank Pyke in a lane? In what world does anyone oneshot Tank Pyke? Stop imagining things, this is getting ridiculous. Pyke has nothing to do with Kai'sas popularity. Did you watch Worlds? Karma generally doesn't impact Pyke's ability to CC and execute targets so I don't know where you're going with that.
: It's the definition of a rework. And sorry. I haven't played him since this came down the PBE. And if you couldn't kill tank Pyke... I'm sorry to say..... YOU ARE A BAD PLAYER. I have never lost to a Pyke when I wasn't playing him. Ever. No matter what build. I did pubstomp both tank and AD pykes though.. Tank Pyke averaged a 49.8% Win rate at the end. Totally "Gross." And, the change doesn't stop him from Jungling or Topping or midding..... he's actually safer in those positions than in Support. If anything it's shifting him AWAY from support, because now Adcs can brutalize him even more, especially once they have {{item:3095}} and running becomes impossible. You have no clue how weak Tank Pyke was (as someone who played a variant). People didn't play it because they wanted to. They played it because they HAD TO. Even Tank Pyke often died in 1 second. His kit is not all powerful, and there are TONS of champs that prevent him from even using it. Pyke's Ult scaled LESS on a tank build. The base increased with level, but his access to the AD portion of it was always less.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T00:28:31.479+0000) > > It's the definition of a rework. > > And sorry. I haven't played him since this came down the PBE. > > And if you couldn't kill tank Pyke... I'm sorry to say..... YOU ARE A BAD PLAYER. I have never lost to a Pyke when I wasn't playing him. Ever. No matter what build. I did pubstomp both tank and AD pykes though.. > > Tank Pyke averaged a 49.8% Win rate at the end. Totally "Gross." > > > And, the change doesn't stop him from Jungling or Topping or midding..... he's actually safer in those positions than in Support. If anything it's shifting him AWAY from support, because now Adcs can brutalize him even more, especially once they have {{item:3095}} and running becomes impossible. > > You have no clue how weak Tank Pyke was (as someone who played a variant). People didn't play it because they wanted to. They played it because they HAD TO. Even Tank Pyke often died in 1 second. His kit is not all powerful, and there are TONS of champs that prevent him from even using it. > > Pyke's Ult scaled LESS on a tank build. The base increased with level, but his access to the AD portion of it was always less. It's called rebalancing. Reworking means that something is getting changed completely. You might want to check that again. Pubstomping in Silver doesn't mean much, though. Most Plat+ players could probably win games with AP Zed there. That can't really be used in an argument. The change wasn't supposed to impact his solo lane potential as he built mostly AD there anyway. The reason support Pyke was incredibly strong was the fact that he could build full tank and still be a threat because of how his abilities worked. It was a low risk high reward approach. He would absorb tons of damage, slide out using W / E -> Regenerate and by the time that had happened he would be in a situation where using R could be done easily. He was changed because they want to enforce the high risk high reward approach where he should build full AD if he wants to be a damage threat. He still works in the same manner but he can't just run into 5 people and survive. Other champions that are quite OP in community's eyes while maintaining a low winrate -> Irelia, Akali. Winrate doesn't really apply when talking about champion balance as you can't get clean statistics anyway. Huh? They played it because it was the best option out there. If AD Support Pyke was better than Tank, they would've played it. Tank Pyke was extremely durable while maintaining high survivability. You literally couldn't blow him up without consequence and if you failed to do so, he would just regenerate most of his health back. I mean, I don't know what kinds of Pykes you played with / against if they died in one second. Sounds tragic. No one's kit is all-powerful, that's not an argument. Yeah, counters exist. The same could be said for every champion in the game. That's also not an argument. Of course it scaled less but I've already laid out reasons why he was played full Tank. Ult had nothing to do with that.
: Passive: Base heal is getting drastically reduced, but is going to scale to bonus AD, and exceed the old value..... if you build AD. W Going to scale its move speed to a base start of 30% move speed, still decaying, but added 200% of your Lethality to that, up to a cap of 138% (Forces you to go Lethality, or die even more; You're going to die either way now; either from being too squishy, or from being too slow to escape) E will no longer scale its stun duration with Levels of the skill, but .1 second per 20 lethality. R is going to scale its threshold by 1.5 HP per Lethality (so on Youmuu's + Duskblade, without runes, about 70 more damage cap on ult). They're basically eliminating all his survivability and forcing an assassin meta on a champ who can't get away, has no real core damage. But hey. if he doesn't get 1 shot..... he'll have his ult......
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T22:38:58.622+0000) > > Passive: Base heal is getting drastically reduced, but is going to scale to bonus AD, and exceed the old value..... if you build AD. > > W Going to scale its move speed to a base start of 30% move speed, still decaying, but added 200% of your Lethality to that, up to a cap of 138% (Forces you to go Lethality, or die even more; You're going to die either way now; either from being too squishy, or from being too slow to escape) > > E will no longer scale its stun duration with Levels of the skill, but .1 second per 20 lethality. > > R is going to scale its threshold by 1.5 HP per Lethality (so on Youmuu's + Duskblade, without runes, about 70 more damage cap on ult). > > They're basically eliminating all his survivability and forcing an assassin meta on a champ who can't get away, has no real core damage. But hey. if he doesn't get 1 shot..... he'll have his ult...... That's not a rework and it's already live. Considering the post was added an hour ago your comment makes no sense. Concerning Pyke they are not reworking him. They are fixing him. Tank Pyke was gross. You couldn't kill him and all the damage you would deal to him would get replenished by his Passive. He would still execute you under the threshold as his ult scales from levels. Basically, he would get best of both worlds previously. Now he must choose between Lethality and Tank. He was designed as an AD Assassin Support. That's what he should be. That's what he is right now.
: The truth is, people are getting out their Pyke play before he gets buried by his upcoming rework and subsequent pitfall to 40% win rate. Other than that..... he's "Fun" and people have stopped mechanically counterpicking him with champs, giving him breathing room while they instead choose to counter Kai Sa, Jax, and other overly toxic champs. Half the champ roster counters him, but it's the half that isn't being played.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tbErXow7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-09T22:09:29.718+0000) > > The truth is, people are getting out their Pyke play before he gets buried by his upcoming rework and subsequent pitfall to 40% win rate. > > Other than that..... he's "Fun" and people have stopped mechanically counterpicking him with champs, giving him breathing room while they instead choose to counter Kai Sa, Jax, and other overly toxic champs. Half the champ roster counters him, but it's the half that isn't being played. What rework are you talking about?
: I swear to fucking god, this client makes me wanna quit the game
This is what you get when the developers of one of the most successful gaming companies in the world decide to code the front end of a game client in HTML.
Ahrinn (NA)
: Apparent "leaks" about Riot's upcoming plans for champs and skins
That's a huge wall of text that contains nothing. Literally seems like someone came up with that in 10 minutes. Which is why I'll say it could very well be a Riot leak.
rujitra (NA)
: Why do you spread disinformation? Still can't accept your toxicity and combative attitudes are the problem?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QNM6MEhE,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-11-03T18:18:08.801+0000) > > Why do you spread disinformation? Still can't accept your toxicity and combative attitudes are the problem? Prove me wrong. And how exactly am I toxic? Some facts, please.
Show more

Olga Rajecka

Level 231 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion