: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wEeiYzT6,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2020-02-06T02:54:11.514+0000) > > You chat log had the same slur and you were pointed out what you did wrong then. It being on different accounts is irrelevant. > > You claim; > > "I didn't even know you could get banned from one game..." > > But the thread I linked only showed one game and you were banned. So you should already know that a single game can get you banned. > > What are you confused about now that wasn't explained previously? well this time i said %%%%%%. last time i said %%%%%%. they aren't the same word so i'd assume different terms apply. like one is clearly worse than the other lol. or at least viewed by society worse. i wouldn't say a word is necessarily worse than another. i mean i didn't use either in a malicious or belligerent way either time
I totally agree with you. %%%%%%%%%% is way worse than %%%%%% it's almost like %%%%%%%%%% but not exactly on the level of %%%%%%. I would also mention that the worst word you could use is %%%%%%%%%%%%%, obviously right after %%%%.
: First Timing a Champ in Ranked
No, its not punishable. You are allowed to pick whatever champions you want on any lane with any experience. (Of course there are exceptions, for example if your teammates have friends at Rito, you might get banned for Teemo support, but that is a rare occasion)
l MrD l (NA)
: Harsher punishments are needed for trolls/AFKs
Nah, im sure he just had a bad game. But you should be banned for shaming on Boards!
MASENKO (NA)
: wtf is this
You used the chat, what do you expect from Rito? This 'lol' probably melted some snowflakes.
: I am Toxic, but I want to Improve Honestly
SImply do not use the chat for anything else than dragon/baron/splitpush etc calls. Or do not use it at all.
: I always wonder... The amount of dia playerrs is already very low. Master is a fraction of that; same for grandmaster. And somehow, these players (that also play their main accounts) are supposed to be in every single low elo game with its huge playerbase? People moight take you more seriously if your claims arent so utterly ridicolous
Where did he say he has a GM smurf in every one of his games? I can not find this part... I've seen him writing: - He had a GM smurf in a game. - He usually has smurfs in his games.
: Tarzaned meets an Inting Duo booster
Can you imagine how hard it is to detect? :D
: How should I play my next game?
> How should I play my next game? 1. Uninstall LoL 2. Install anything else 3. Play 4. ..... 5. Profit!
Dizaro (NA)
: Guy told me to slit my wrists
I do not see the problem here. 2 friends shittalking eachother. Nobody forced you to befriend this guy.
: its stupid easy. idk what you're talking about they don't do it cuz they're lazy asf and the company doesn't care as long as they keep making money on new players. their policies don't even make sense ie not willing to tell people if a reported person was banned because of privacy. f*** that I've literally reported people in other games and they looked at the evidence and were like "yea cool thanks we just banned them thanks for reporting and caring about our game" far as I know they're the only people that have an issue with it and I honestly feel like its a smokescreen for them to hide behind not banning people with superficial or outright not investigating obvious issues.
It's kinda sad that nobody realizes i was sarcastic :D You are totally right about their shit polices and system.
VoKks9 (EUW)
: Player who reached level 30 through assisting the enemy team. Reporting = useless?
Can you imagine how hard it is to detect for Rito, you can not expect them to look at every match of every person.
: I got perma banned 2 years ago
Do you know what permanently means?
: Ya probably. I forgot that you can only play Ranked mode and there literally is no other mode to play. Dangit. Thanks for pointing that out!
If you play literally anything for 9.5 years, you should be better than silver. God damn, if you do not play the game, but watch some streamer you should be better than silver….
: > [{quoted}](name=XxXZumbaXxX,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7LckwJMk,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-30T06:53:43.061+0000) > > my beliefs are that if nothing changes this could be bad for their long term player base. you are VASTLY overestimating the number of people who get perma'd
Yes, it's only 0.006% of the playerbase.
: which part of this chat log was contributing to winning the game? all i see is you complaining CONSTANTLY while begging for and bragging about reports, both of which are punishable >Dimotai: Imagine getting mad >Dimotai: over a video game ironic huh?
> which part of this chat log was contributing to winning the game? How does "GL HF" contribute to a wining game? Should that also be punishable?
: No information given on temp ban
I totally agree with you, the Nilfgaardians are total assholes!
SheFakes (EUW)
: People who say EZ in the end of the game should be perma baned
Totally agree with you, Ezreal is an annoying champ, everybody who even tries to mention it in the game should be ID banned.
: for everyone who is unsure if "bad game or inting", here is a case of inting.
So how does it help anyone to decide if a case is inting or not? You showed one inting example. Nobody below 29 deaths is inting? Or specifically the 0-29-5 is the inting, everything else isnt? Is 1-12 fine if he died 12 times for baron, or he inted 11 times and died once for baron? What's the point of your post, how does it help anyone?
: Your thoughts on my ban or punishment? Just looking for feedback ♥
I exhaled slightly more air on my nose, so good joke :D Anyway, Rito is going to punish you for anything like this, because according to them and a significant part of the community, reading the word british word for cigarette causes serious mental and physical damages to easily melting individuals. In the future you should avoid using words that might hurt the mimosas or just chat at all, because you are extremely easily punished for anything after a 14 day ban (and the next one will be perma).
rujitra (NA)
: TLDR either they didn't review yet, or you're wrong and the player does not merit additional punishment.
rujitra (NA)
: Yes, but this requires manual review. Do you know how you get a manual review? Because the boards are not it. And this is extremely clear if you would read the rules of the boards. File a support ticket. They will investigate the technical logs. For all you know, the player may have *intended* to AFK, but actually had a technical issue (or potentially Riot was). You do not have all the information and you do not have the ability nor the authority to say what punishment the player does or does not deserve. TLDR: Not a boards issue.
Of course, this is the case for everyone. When they admit that they want to AFK in a game, suddenly an "emergency" happens and they had to leave "accidentally". It's very nice from you to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case you are just hilarious.
Hatè (EUNE)
: which was updated like 6 years ago lol..
It was written on report cards from 2019.
UwÛ (NA)
: Any way to get all my money back from a banned account?
No you won't get it back. And i recommend you never to spend a cent more on this game, since you will get banned for random reasons. The game is completely playable on a free account (although i admit, getting the champions is a bit pain in the ass, but whatever..)
: I just wanna vent
Stick a sticky not to the screen where the chat is, if you get tilted by some words. Of course there is no point to shittalk in chat select but people will do it. If you get triggered by that(you shouldn't), just use the sticky not trick.
: Then that 1% has found a way to be in almost everyone's game at once. No... what riot considers "toxic" is only the very worst of the worst. People throwing racial slurs, sexist or homophobic trash-talk and advocating suicide. What they don't consider "toxic" is the casual, everyday BS that shows up in EVERY game. Passive-aggressive pinging. The top laner who dies twice pre-5 minutes trying to tower dive then flames the jungler all game. The jerks who go out of their way to offend, anger and insult people every game. That 1% is probably just the number of people who have no ability to keep their hate in check and so they get banned over and over for cursing people out or throwing around offensive language. Most of the players of the game are more about trying their best to piss everyone off in ways the ban bots can't detect. I hear people called trash and bad almost every game. Not a match goes by that someone (usually the guy feeding the hardest, ironically) doesn't decide to flame another player on his team because he's pissed that he's doing poorly and wants to spare his inflated ego by pretending it's someone else's fault. Worst to me, are the premades you sometimes run into if you play solo normals... because if you end up stuck with one of them and the game doesn't go the way they like... prepare to be flamed, blamed and chain reported by all of them. I had a group of them just last night literally DEMAND I give up my assigned role to their friend who was autofilled or they would all report me post game. They knew well enough to not say that crap once the match started tho, since then the ban bot might have noticed. No.... riot's stats on player toxicity are bull, because the very definition of "toxic" is vague. They can't say no one is because that's just obviously false, but they do a lot to downplay how crap the community is and how casual harassment is just part of the game that they can not or will not do anything to fix.
Actually according to their numbers the permabanned players for toxicity are 0.006% of the players.
feral one (EUNE)
: Why do low elo players give up so easily.... ?
> Anyone know whats up ? Snowballing.
M1stry (NA)
: Yup the only one. Which I found amazingly strange because usually there's like 3 games and it gives you the blow by blow, here this is the only game.
That's really strange then. I do not say that you were the most friendly guy in your team, but imho you didn't say anything particularly toxic.
M1stry (NA)
: 100% proof that mass reporting gets you punished
Is this the ONLY game on your report card?
: I bite my tongue while others flame
> I ask him how was I inting? He says check your score. It was a 41 min game. During this game you: - placed 7 wards - dealt 6,391 damage (less than half of the 2nd worst in the game) - had 13% kill participation (which by itself is not a problem, but did you splitpush whole game?) Ps.: Sadly i can not check other stats, since the site is bugged for me, but just by looking at these it feels like Yasuo was right.
: Never said anything about the specific word nagger. The n word spelled with an a at the end is extremely commonly used by the same people over and over. I see them in rooms all the time. Along with the same people that call others trash and homophobic names.
Sorry i might have completely missed what you meant.
: This isn't real life man. the guy was annoying so I think it'd be hilarious if he was perm banned. Since it's against the rules technically he can. It doesn't directly offend me, but if the guys gonna act like hes a challenger in a silver's shoes I want him out. And I got the instant feedback report so I think he got permed.
> if the guys gonna act like hes a challenger in a silver's shoes I want him out. So you do not agree with letting him say whatever he wants, right?
Hexshot (EUNE)
: wait they haven't fixed it yet? I played against swain support and his E was invisible but I think it's on a specific skin but not sure.
The bug is STILL not fixed.
: 15 Pings Straight
"I have a perfect solution to a problem, but i don't want to use it, because then i could not write a pointless post on the Boards complaining about a problem i have a solution for."
: Why are so many racist and sexist words allowed?
Do you realize, that the word "nagger" is a completely normal word with a non racist meaning? I know that the censor gods on the forums can not read, but it doesn't change the fact that "nagger" is a real word.
Cann (NA)
: Inting
Why are you surprised? It's about inting. They way to make them punished is to bait them somehow into ZT words.
DNR (NA)
: Getting a friend request is annoying, I don't want to see it filled up. What do they have to lose?
Accepting a friend request takes the same effort as blocking. And if you block it you do not have to deal with the rest.
16 Chars (EUW)
: Mute option should apply post game lobby.
Rito doesn't add this, because this feature makes sense. And doing things that make sense is not really Rito's style. You should ask for shiny new skin, you would get it delivered asap :D
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/tvviuURj-multiple-reports-and-other-misconceptions Its under there. The sources are now unavailable since the accounted was locked (he may no longer be with Riot), but it was said during an AMA that multiple reports do not stack. This is to prevent premades from ganging up on a single player, politics within a game, etc, that would end up causing more damage. If a report is valid, the account is flagged. More reports do not cause it to be "more flagged". Also - I've been on this forums for quite awhile and it has been consistently mentioned that reports don't stack. However, if you have a source for your point I am more than happy to look at it.
Rito also said that they ban trolls. O.o
DNR (NA)
: Pregame lobby reporting #2
> Is a stupid thing to say because they will keep doing it to abuse riots system and not get banned. How do they abuse the system if people just don't accept their request? :O
: Please unlock my account - false reported
Just write to the support! At first you will probably get a reply from Blitz bot, just reply to that and you might get a biological robot (then pray for this bio-robot to have a CPU)! And do not use the chat, it's a trap!
: When I eventually retrace my steps for 4-9, I will put it on my favorites tab to share with anyone. However, as Umbral mentioned, they are 5-6 years old now, and the program may have changed since then. Riot has not been sharing what they've done with the system very much in the years since. Further, it is only commentary by the original developers of the program, and might not be representative of what the program actually does. Still, when I do find it... Most of the others are based on my interpretation of the EULA, adjusted by the history of punishments and debates on the forums, and further tempered by public statements by Riot developers- NOT representatives- over the years. I've incorporated wisdom shared from countless articles with commentary by developers, from videos and documentaries on online behavior conventions, and research documents about online behavior including data and cooperation from League of Legends. I've rejected comments by representatives because they know about as much as you or I could- with the unfortunate reality that they could be told to tell the public anything and believe it. Riot Tantrum (a developer) has said the most about the behavior system and is probably the most reliable source on the boards. There's no need to link anything- it's all within your reach. I do not believe this makes my opinion special, but rather, because I have spent so much time studying this topic, I wanted to fact-check to make sure these assumptions were accurate. I have nothing to gain but to aid me in trying to help improve online behavior in the future- and I think others might benefit from these understandings as well- I do have specific individuals in mind who I hoped would show up if they had facts that contradicted anything. ~~cough rujitra~~ Debates on the forums (aka Boards Wisdom) are generally a good source to understand the behavior rules. There are many cases to look at, and like the one TrulyBland shared, can shed light on what exactly is and isn't okay by the rules.
: Forcing 50% win rate
Forcing 50% winrates mean, that you are matched with people on the same skill level as you. It does not mean, that you will get an instalose team if you won too many………. At least that's how it is supposed to work in theory. In reality the matchmaking system is totally trash, and feels more like a pure random number generator..
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wBJqwY7G,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-21T19:12:36.871+0000) > > You do not have the right to decide what the thread is about. > > The OP made clear this thread is asking why punishment for AFK players is not harsher. Any form of compensation or punishment to the other 4 teammates is out of scope for this thread. > > Please stop hijacking this thread to support your own topic. If you wish to discuss your ideas or topic, create your own thread. why are you so angry ?
He's not blue anymore, maybe that hurt his feelings :D
rujitra (NA)
: 1. Because the punishment for any behavior is not going to be "higher" simply because it's a ranked game. If someone has an emergency, it doesn't matter what game mode they're playing in. Shit happens, and people aren't going to be punished harder just because it happened at the "wrong time(TM)". 2. Overwatch's punishment systems, be it for chat, voice, or gameplay, are absolute shit and should **NEVER** be used as an example of good systems. There's a reason the game went to shit, and that Overwatch 2 is basically a meme at this point even before it's come out. 3. The X mark is **NOT** what you think it is. Players can be detected as leavers regardless of the X mark, and there is no set time. Regardless, you don't even consider people with real life emergencies mid game, or who have computer/other issues that prevent them coming back. 4. You haven't even seen the same player in your games. The chance that AFK players are having a negative impact on your climb is next to none. Maybe instead of trying to blame/punish others, you should focus on remembering that **shit happens** and there's honestly no way for you to know they ragequit. Assume the best in people - it will do you wonders in life.
OW2 is a meme, not because of the punishment system, but because that is not a game, that's a mod to the original game. It's like releasing ARURF as a new game xD > You haven't even seen the same player in your games. The chance that AFK players are having a negative impact on your climb is next to none. It happened to me multiple times, that just after reporting a player, he is again in my team the next match. Also for example if you regularly have problem with your internet, you SHOULD be banned from ranked. ( I would say from the whole game, but from ranked for sure.) I think nobody is asking to permanently ban people for afking 1 game or 2 game in a season. And sorry, but if you live in a way, that you have emergency every hour, then DO NOT play online games.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57BikZfg,comment-id=00040000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-22T11:58:37.296+0000) > > You clearly do not understand. > > But okay, i'll try to explain it. > > Who was talking about specifically me in "No, i don't want that one game, but i don't want the other 500 either, yet Rito thinks that preventing that ONE made a big impact, while it is literally nothing."? If you read the previous calculation it means, that EVERY player (me included) would encounter ONE trolled game per year if they play 10 games every day. But does that really matter? I mean, i get BSOD more often than that. So Rito talking about how much they prevent trolling by not permamuting people is a joke, it is unmeasurable, meaningless. > > So when you talk about the "benefit of the entire playerbase", that means that hardcore addicted players will encounter 1 less troll every year, on the "normal" players it has even less impact. Do you honestly think that it matters? You are lvl88, so i guess you played less than 4000 games in total on this account. So what i said would probably not affect you in any way. You probably would not even have met a player who would have been permamuted. And this is what i mean, that in total it does not matter. > > The same about my bus example. Of course, it is bad when someone is hit by a bus, that's not even a question. But inventing something, and being so loud about it which prevents 1 bus hit out of 5000 is not really a big thing. Is saving that one life good? Obviously yes, does it matter in the statistics? Not at all. > > And on the "Doesn't matter" side, while i was writing this message more than 500 people died in the world. (Maybe i just write slowly, but you get the idea). There will be a hundred more while you just read this message, and you probably did not care. When you stumbled your toe on the edge of a furniture, and it hurt, i guess you were thinking about your toe and your pain, not about the tens of people dying meanwhile you care about your toe. Does this mean, that your toe matters to you more than the death of people? > > I mean, it's nice to play the white knight, and loving everybody and caring about everything, but someone simply can not care about everybody, it's impossible. Also, if one of your relatives die, that obviously matter to you, but do you think a random person in an african tribe should give a fck about it, when they do not even know that the given person existed? I got two things from that. 0. You think I only have one account. 0. You think Riot not only cares about each and every player, they care _too much_.
You really understood the main point of what i said! *CLAP CLAP* Guess anything else i write here is pointless. Ps.: This post took around 15 deaths worldwide.
: Fact Checking!
And where is the sauce for all this?
: Riot Needs to Consider IP banning players
Do you know how IPs work? Do you want to ban entire dormitories and internet cafes because of one person? Because Rito does not want to do that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57BikZfg,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-21T22:33:51.255+0000) > > Probably you do not understand what i'm talkin about, so i'll give you some time to find out :) Unfortunately, I think I do understand. Just found this gem earlier in the thread: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57BikZfg,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-21T12:56:01.431+0000) > > "Do i think a random person gettin' hit by a bus is bad?" Obviously the answer is "It's bad.", but in reality it doesn't matter, since waaay more people die in accidents every day. I don't think there's any chance of convincing someone who thinks that it doesn't matter when someone gets hit by a bus that it matters when someone gets trolled in a video game. Except if it happens to you; then you suddenly care. You worry me.
You clearly do not understand. But okay, i'll try to explain it. > "ONE" game? You're not the only person who plays LoL. Trolls get banned for the benefit of the entire playerbase. Who was talking about specifically me in "No, i don't want that one game, but i don't want the other 500 either, yet Rito thinks that preventing that ONE made a big impact, while it is literally nothing."? If you read the previous calculation it means, that EVERY player (me included) would encounter ONE trolled game per year if they play 10 games every day. But does that really matter? I mean, i get BSOD more often than that. So Rito talking about how much they prevent trolling by not permamuting people is a joke, it is unmeasurable, meaningless. So when you talk about the "benefit of the entire playerbase", that means that hardcore addicted players will encounter 1 less troll every year, on the "normal" players it has even less impact. Do you honestly think that it matters? You are lvl88, so i guess you played less than 4000 games in total on this account. So what i said would probably not affect you in any way. You probably would not even have met a player who would have been permamuted. And this is what i mean, that in total it does not matter. The same about my bus example. Of course, it is bad when someone is hit by a bus, that's not even a question. But inventing something, and being so loud about it which prevents 1 bus hit out of 5000 is not really a big thing. Is saving that one life good? Obviously yes, does it matter in the statistics? Not at all. And on the "Doesn't matter" side, while i was writing this message more than 500 people died in the world. (Maybe i just write slowly, but you get the idea). There will be a hundred more while you just read this message, and you probably did not care. When you stumbled your toe on the edge of a furniture, and it hurt, i guess you were thinking about your toe and your pain, not about the tens of people dying meanwhile you care about your toe. Does this mean, that your toe matters to you more than the death of people? I mean, it's nice to play the white knight, and loving everybody and caring about everything, but someone simply can not care about everybody, it's impossible. Also, if one of your relatives die, that obviously matter to you, but do you think a random person in an african tribe should give a fck about it, when they do not even know that the given person existed?
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57BikZfg,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2020-01-21T21:55:39.066+0000) > > No, i don't want that one game, but i don't want the other 500 either, yet Rito thinks that preventing that ONE made a big impact, while it is literally nothing. > > If they would fix their system, that one would not happen either. "ONE" game? You're not the only person who plays LoL. Trolls get banned for the benefit of the entire playerbase.
Probably you do not understand what i'm talkin about, so i'll give you some time to find out :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57BikZfg,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2020-01-21T12:29:41.560+0000) > > According to Rito, 0.006% of players are permanently banned. Now let's say they chat ban these people and these people are going to troll every game they are in (which is a huge exaggeration). Your team consists of 5 players, one of those is you, and i assume you are not trolling, So the chance of at least one of your teammates being a (permanently chat banned troll) is 1-(1-0.006/100)^4 which is around 0.00023997840086398704. So the HUGE problem this question asks, is if you would like to have a 0.00023997840086398704 chance of your game getting trolled. Or to put it in other words, 0.023997840086398704% this means on average one of your 4167 games would be trolled. This is less than ONE game in a year if you play 10 games every day. > > So let's be honest, this question is a lie. Okay, one game a year, great. Do you want that one game a year? How about the entire rest of the playerbase who has to deal with that one game a year? I don't think they want it.
No, i don't want that one game, but i don't want the other 500 either, yet Rito thinks that preventing that ONE made a big impact, while it is literally nothing. If they would fix their system, that one would not happen either.
Show more

Ph03n1xb1rd

Level 44 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion