: 1) This will be explore much, much later. (hopefully) When we are looking at Lissandra. Sorry no spoilers here! 2) There are female frost priests. We just haven't been in a place populated or important enough for one to be there. 3) An oath is an oath. Its about the culture you are raised in and your own convictions. Sejuani was willing to break the oath her mother was forced into because she didn't think it should count. This isn't a magical oath. This is your word, honor, and reputation. (now making an oath to a magical creature... that's a different beasty). 4) no spoilers. 5) Really, really hard. But depends on what you are hitting it with. True fire? Not to bad. True ice? yeah okay. Normal earth steel? Yipes. It might shatter the steel instead or both the steel and the ice-- but it would definitely freeze and shatter the weak hearthbound, normal-human hand that you were holding the steel sword with.) Demacian steel? wow good question... donno.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lfjyAswt,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-03-20T19:50:44.940+0000) > > 1) This will be explore much, much later. (hopefully) When we are looking at Lissandra. Sorry no spoilers here! > > 2) There are female frost priests. We just haven't been in a place populated or important enough for one to be there. > > 3) An oath is an oath. Its about the culture you are raised in and your own convictions. Sejuani was willing to break the oath her mother was forced into because she didn't think it should count. This isn't a magical oath. This is your word, honor, and reputation. (now making an oath to a magical creature... that's a different beasty). > > 4) no spoilers. > > 5) Really, really hard. But depends on what you are hitting it with. True fire? Not to bad. True ice? yeah okay. Normal earth steel? Yipes. It might shatter the steel instead or both the steel and the ice-- but it would definitely freeze and shatter the weak hearthbound, normal-human hand that you were holding the steel sword with.) Demacian steel? wow good question... donno. So can we say that per average True Ice is stronger/more durable than normal steel? Excluding the fact that any but incredibly powerfull beings and Iceborns are killed upon contact with it (and that even for the non-Iceborns that can touch it without dying, it would still cause immense pain). I mean from a durability PoV
: I hope the final model ends up being less like something from the Shadow Isles (wait a moment, I can explain)... One of the main thematics of Mordekaiser is being **The** Undead Overlord, not just a high ranked undead warmonger like Hecarim. His looks being different from any other SI undead champion are because he seeked these powers and became a undead via something entirely different form the Ruination, his looks should be more Noxian and peculiar, something you can tell it's not originated in the SI since in his _current_ lore it's openly said that he looks at the spectres of the Isles as lesser beings. Edit: Btw the emote is something for Ranked rewards, it might or might not be connected to Morde.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=nyMUfiyZ,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-03-20T10:30:06.156+0000) > > I hope the final model ends up being less like something from the Shadow Isles (wait a moment, I can explain)... > > One of the main thematics of Mordekaiser is being **The** Undead Overlord, not just a high ranked undead warmonger like Hecarim. His looks being different from any other SI undead champion are because he seeked these powers and became a undead via something entirely different form the Ruination, his looks should be more Noxian and peculiar, something you can tell it's not originated in the SI since in his _current_ lore it's openly said that he looks at the spectres of the Isles as lesser beings. > > > Edit: Btw the emote is something for Ranked rewards, it might or might not be connected to Morde. Remember, this is only the head that the emote showed. Im 99% sure he will also have Noxian aesthethics to the rest of his body and I think his cape will be full Noxian red
Vartius (EUNE)
: Seeing the new Mordekaiser emote, I decided to redraw him in a more serious style
Great work but to be honest you made his horns too tall. They are much taller compared to the main head than they are in the emote one compared to the head.
: Mordekaiser Update
Pretty sure all of those points will be adressed. I think that his Q is gonna be his mace ability and will have 2 casts, with the other abilties in his kit being related to necromancy aspects (aka offensive spells like his current E but different, controling enemy souls and controling the Black Mist itself), and metalmancy (aka metalbending)
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=enxepHlE,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T15:28:13.124+0000) > > Imo the horns are perfect. They arent too big. Sauron, Witch King and Lich King all have similar sized horns and Morde is heavly inspired in theme from them I know, but I feel like he needs to keep the shape from his current helmet or at least be identical, its everywhere on icons, merch, pentakill everything etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=enxepHlE,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T16:08:28.036+0000) > > I know, but I feel like he needs to keep the shape from his current helmet or at least be identical, its everywhere on icons, merch, pentakill everything etc. Like it or not, he is not gonna keep it for several reasons. One, aesthetic doesnt match with the other regions and champs. The other, its outdated and with too many spikes even for a spiky champ. I feel like this is the best possible version for the helmet alone tbh I mean it has horns and the SI aesthethic. But Im 100% sure that it is gonna look even better with the rest of his model (and keep in mind what you see here is the emote version which is much more polished and cartoonish than the real model. The real model will look much better)
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=enxepHlE,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-03-20T06:31:10.210+0000) > > It is an emote version of him. Aka more polished and much more cartoonish. His actual model will look much better don't worry I really hope so, the horns are way to big.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=enxepHlE,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-03-20T14:00:17.441+0000) > > I really hope so, the horns are way to big. Imo the horns are perfect. They arent too big. Sauron, Witch King and Lich King all have similar sized horns and Morde is heavly inspired in theme from them
Falrein (EUW)
: I'm stealing that :')
You're gonna use it when I post a JoJo shitpost on the lore server aren't you
: Is that Morde?
> [{quoted}](name=Bad Games Happen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=enxepHlE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-20T05:34:58.032+0000) > > Is that Morde? It is an emote version of him. Aka more polished and much more cartoonish. His actual model will look much better don't worry
: Seems reasonable for some of it. But the 4 eyes seem purposefully mentioned to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6mwHyywH,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T21:59:22.507+0000) > > Seems reasonable for some of it. But the 4 eyes seem purposefully mentioned to me. Well maybe when he is in full form the eyes on the sides combine each into 1
: About morde story and possible his rework
They will keep the core and change some minor details and most probably change his color story (it isn't up to date anymore for several reasons)
: Hmm having checked over at VoliMains reddit. Most seem aware, there is some positive voices for the change with few but noticeable indicating trepidation about the horror tone, and wish for him to remain a bear. Nothing against him being an evil demigod. Just the horns and eyes.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6mwHyywH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-17T18:59:42.125+0000) > > Hmm having checked over at VoliMains reddit. Most seem aware, there is some positive voices for the change with few but noticeable indicating trepidation about the horror tone, and wish for him to remain a bear. > > Nothing against him being an evil demigod. Just the horns and eyes. He is prob horror atm just cause Ornn melted his fking face off
yeulx (NA)
: So whats going on with the shadow isles
Falrein (EUW)
: Did we? I mean maybe, don't recall it. I know he did transmute matter (when he turned Starlord... Idk what it was, some sort of gun, into bubble)
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QhHqVxtx,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T13:04:17.903+0000) > > Did we? I mean maybe, don't recall it. I know he did transmute matter (when he turned Starlord... Idk what it was, some sort of gun, into bubble) When Drax and Mantis charged at him he turned one of them into some jelly cubes and the other into other thing. He reverted them back after he teleported away
Falrein (EUW)
: I think you missed the part where I said there would be limits :')! Have we seen Thanos use the Reality stone to transform the Avengers into something else? :p My point is, she could be able to transmute matter if my theory's right (which wouldn't be that weird since she can create matter from nothing), but not on humans, it would be too stupid of an ability don't you think?
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QhHqVxtx,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-15T12:43:02.710+0000) > > I think you missed the part where I said there would be limits :')! Have we seen Thanos use the Reality stone to transform the Avengers into something else? :p > > My point is, she could be able to transmute matter if my theory's right (which wouldn't be that weird since she can create matter from nothing), but not on humans, it would be too stupid of an ability don't you think? Actually we have seen Thanos do that. Even tho it required an Infinity Stone for that. But yes I agree I dont think she could turn humans into smth else IF your theory is correct
Falrein (EUW)
: Small theory on Syndra's powers
Could she transform people into smth else if your theory is right?
: Demacian VS Noxus Cinematic!
Targon manipulated* Shurima. They aren't doing that anymore
Fasmodey (EUW)
: {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:498}} And other ambigious ones I did not include. Im open to not caucasian/white champions all day but I don't think LoL severely suffers in that regard.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sO0PbUX9,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T07:59:15.210+0000) > > {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:498}} > > And other ambigious ones I did not include. > > Im open to not caucasian/white champions all day but I don't think LoL severely suffers in that regard. You forgot Azir there too (he was black).
Volcanuz (OCE)
: Plus size characters please riot?
Depends what you're asking. A little bit more fat I can understand. But straight up obesity shouldn't be encouraged or glorified. It is a problem afterall that many of the obese people are trying to get rid of (I didn't say all cause apparrntly there are some people who enjoy being obese and dying at 40 from a hearth attack)
: Demacian VS Noxus Cinematic!
Why betwen the champs only? This isn't that Institute of War bull shit anymore. I'd rather have a cinematic with a full battle betwen armies where some champs are involved too.
RISE994 (EUNE)
: Which is the greater threat in Runeterra?
: Honestly, I chose the examples I did because I found the the most compelling/positive examples. Bilgewater rework bored me so terribly I couldn't actually finish the stories, though I do like the /attempt/ to give Miss Fortune gravitas (and her login music for Captain Fortune skin is Fing great). Demacia is now just a fantasy dystopia ripped right out of Dragon Age. Shurima gets more dull the more they add to it, and I found Sivir's updated lore painfully awkward and pretzeled to pull Cassiopea into it (that might've been re-retconned, been a while). Freljord has been hypersimplified, to be honest, and I consider it the weakest link in the current lore. The IoW lore had it's issues, because every setting has it's issues. You've just listed out the ones for the new lore. There were several ways of working through or around the IoW to create virtually any story you want. Riot just chose to retcon instead of engaging. As for unifying theme: indeed, not all people are into that. And some people /are/. I'm one of them.
> [{quoted}](name=Cyrex Wingblade,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LfYjboT5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T00:32:05.908+0000) > > Honestly, I chose the examples I did because I found the the most compelling/positive examples. Bilgewater rework bored me so terribly I couldn't actually finish the stories, though I do like the /attempt/ to give Miss Fortune gravitas (and her login music for Captain Fortune skin is Fing great). Demacia is now just a fantasy dystopia ripped right out of Dragon Age. Shurima gets more dull the more they add to it, and I found Sivir's updated lore painfully awkward and pretzeled to pull Cassiopea into it (that might've been re-retconned, been a while). Freljord has been hypersimplified, to be honest, and I consider it the weakest link in the current lore. > > The IoW lore had it's issues, because every setting has it's issues. You've just listed out the ones for the new lore. There were several ways of working through or around the IoW to create virtually any story you want. Riot just chose to retcon instead of engaging. > > As for unifying theme: indeed, not all people are into that. And some people /are/. I'm one of them. I don't like Bilgewater either but..... Shurima? SHURIMA???? Ok I guess it's up to the preference in your case then but I prefer this 10000 times over random floating pyramids in the desert and space libraries. The problem with your post is that it seems that you think you speak for everyone the way you put it out when most lore fans don't think like that. That's all I respect your opinion even tho I don't share it.
Moody P (NA)
: Please don't swear
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tV0V5N0K,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-11T17:58:10.924+0000) > > Please don't swear Sorry sir this is a christian server so no swearing
: Maybe Vlad's been working on his tan
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LgmUbQnY,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-03-11T18:54:13.320+0000) > > Maybe Vlad's been working on his tan That too tho he seems to be fully brown in the pic. As i said he prob changed his skin color once
Moody P (NA)
: Where are Yordles on the power scale?
Ascended level...? The fuck? Average Yordles are prob just a bit above peak humans (humans with no magic I mean)
Galiö (NA)
: You're right. There is some highlight but no real shadow. So I guess its mostly between his past life. He was technically shuriman at one point if I recall correctly.
> [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LgmUbQnY,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-11T16:58:59.189+0000) > > You're right. There is some highlight but no real shadow. So I guess its mostly between his past life. He was technically shuriman at one point if I recall correctly. Shuriman doesnt automatically make him have a different race. Shurimans aren't all black or all white. They are mostly either black (Azir pre-Ascension, prob Nasus and Rene too), tanned white (like Sivir Kassa Kai'Sa Malzahar) or brown (Taliah) to give examples of champs that are Shuriman. Tbh outside Freljord there isnt a faction that has only 1 race.
Galiö (NA)
: Champions can do more in lore than they can do in game. Gotta try and slow down the big boy trying to crush you. Also I can prob attribute his skin to the lighting in the picture and/or it's one of Vladimirs previous lives where he could have looked more differentiated than modern/current Vlad
> [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LgmUbQnY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-11T15:57:22.402+0000) > > Champions can do more in lore than they can do in game. > > Gotta try and slow down the big boy trying to crush you. > > Also I can prob attribute his skin to the lighting in the picture and/or it's one of Vladimirs previous lives where he could have looked more differentiated than modern/current Vlad Ik they can do more in-lore than in-game but Vlad or blood magic in general hasn't shown string-like blood tendrils yet. I even made a list of abilities Vlad has/can use based on what we saw him doing and blood magic in general https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/2EOXEJsm-vladimir-in-lore-list-of-abilities-and-spells Anyways thats a cool idea of a blood magic spell. Now about the skin, I already said that there is no shadow there to be cause of lighting (another example of lighting is in Rek'Sai teaser where the boy and his father are tanned white skinned (like Sivir) but when there is shadow the skin looks darker. Here however there is no shadow. I find the previous life argument valid tho since his cloth style is different in the pic too
Galiö (NA)
: Cant draw blood from a stone
Very nice art but I have a question. Why does blood in there act like some strings/chains? Also why is Vlad's skin darker than base model and splashart? It doesnt seem its cause of shadow cause there is no shadow there.
: Favourite place on Runeterra that isn't a region and why?
The SunDisc capital (its not a region its a place) because fking Azir is there and it seems like a nice place ignoring that prob Xerath will try to invade it in the future
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=t8YoZU7s,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-11T08:16:46.619+0000) > > Shadow Isles entities can still be hurt with magic. If you kill Karthus with magic his spirit just gets released and prob incarnates (iirc thats what happens with souls on Runeterra) I mean if that's true what divides magic and not magic? If Annie used fire magic would that hurt Karthus? But then if someone used a torch that's on fire would that hurt Karthus? Does Taliyah's rock magic hurt Karthus? Would a normal rock hurt Karthus? If there's a specific type of magic he's weak to then that makes sense to me, but if magic in general hurts karthus that doesn't make sense to me.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=t8YoZU7s,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-11T10:16:31.998+0000) > > I mean if that's true what divides magic and not magic? If Annie used fire magic would that hurt Karthus? But then if someone used a torch that's on fire would that hurt Karthus? Does Taliyah's rock magic hurt Karthus? Would a normal rock hurt Karthus? If there's a specific type of magic he's weak to then that makes sense to me, but if magic in general hurts karthus that doesn't make sense to me. I guess blood or rock wouldn't affect them since blood and elemental magic control already physical aspects. But magical fire and arcane should be able to damage him and kill him.
Zapzya (OCE)
: The Shadow Isles are great
Morde rework is coming and I can't wait for it. Also he is so powerfull he doesnt need Black Mist but he can still control it like a boss
: Karthus...
Shadow Isles entities can still be hurt with magic. If you kill Karthus with magic his spirit just gets released and prob incarnates (iirc thats what happens with souls on Runeterra)
: Heart vs Shell: The Disagreement on Lore
Well imo new lore does have a hearth if you are into fantasty settings. I'm sorry that you aren't into it tho. Also the examples you provided are not the best among the new lore. Ex Shurima arc has a hearth, even tho I hate to say it Bilgewater has too, Demacia has too, Noxus has too, Freljord has too. Yeah there are a few bad things but that doesn't mean all lore is like that. Not even the narrative team are perfect to not make mistakes sometimes. Plus as you said, things can actually happen in new lore because there arent some incredibly op guys who can stop everything. Unifying theme? Meh... not all people are into that. You gotta understand about the new lore that not every champ in the same faction has the same background or motivations, and that there are multiple aspects to a region (no pun intended for Targon) that are each shown with a different champ from their PoV. About Riven, Ionia is divided asf. Even more than Freljord and Shurima who are unifying rn. It has a ton of different cultures and it's not gonna be the same everywhere there
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T21:58:03.227+0000) > > You don't have to be a condencending, "I know better than you" dick about it. I thought we were talking about lore, not holding a ridiculing contest. > > *"The four stars of the Pantheon constellation pulsed brightly, then turned dark overhead. Simultaneously, the burning light of a falling star appeared within the ethereal city and streaked toward the ground."* > > *"It screamed toward the temple, moving at astonishing speed, and the barbarians prayed to their heathen gods in quivering voices. The streaming light slammed down, striking the ground between the two forces with an earth-shattering impact."* > > Pantheon moves at the speed of a star, and collides with the earth in what is described as "an earth-shattering impact". > > This is what I meant with the force of a meteor. > > He had to be drawing power from somewhere, no one just manifests power like that out of the blue. > > Besides, even if he did, why did he wait until the last second before doing so? Why not just use all his powers at once from the beginning, rather than wait until the end? > > I haven't gotten around to reading the comic yet. My source of information depends on what I've already read, and the wikia, neither of which said True Ice was lethal. > > I will concede that I was wrong in this regard. > > Just because Voidborn grow more durable as the grow older, doesn't mean they aren't also durable from an early age. > > "Ritual"? > > No ritual was mentioned. > > Sacrificing someone just means leaving them to die, nobody is saying Lissandra set up some elaborate ritual. > > Lissandra is described as defying the wild magic of the world, not trying to steal it. > > Also, no, Volibear doesn't always "go for the kill", why else would he leave Udyr alive after he taunted him in the face? > > Again, like I said, I'm not saying any of this isn't impressive by our standards, I'm just saying that just because Syndra can lift a building, doesn't mean she can suddenly kill über-humans. > > They were blessed by Celestials, the same beings that shaped the world itself, beings like Bard, immensely powerful ones. > > Is it wrong for me to see them as something beyond simple Mages, who had not been blessed by a Celestial? > > Sure, Pantheon is the weakest of the Aspects, primarily due to the fact that he doesn't have any magic. I didn't try to use this as an argument that he was stronger > > It isn't, but their animosity has to stem from somewhere. > > This animosity, coupled with how Pantheon is stated to have rallied armies against Aatrox during the war, heavily hints that they fought. > > How is this not just speculation and assumptions on *your* part? > > It is power from the sun itself, why should we assume it isn't actually as strong as the sun at all? > > The small shard of a rune that had to be used in conjunction with others in order to create the planet is not on the same level as an entire star. > > I'm judging this based on in-game W, which grants her resistance to magic. > > Also, for someone that claims Leona's shield is "featless", I sure haven't seen one of these infamous "instant death beams" yet. > > Her ability to dash comes from in-game, her E, where she, after her sword's solar image connects with the target, turns into pure light and travels at faster than light speed toward the target. > > I'm not saying Leona can shoot them faster, I'm saying she can shoot them further. > > I'm basing this on in-game target range, where Leona's ultimate has more range and Lissandra's. > > And I will also refer to the above. > > A small chunk of a magic rock is not equivalent to an entire star. > > Leona, doesn't "throw" suns, but she does summon giant rays made of the energy of said sun, so it's not far from it I would say. > > Isn't this more in terms of controlling and refining their powers ("clicking" into their role, as Bobo said), not that they just innately grow more powerful as they grow older? > > I doubt you can just "dispel" a giant ray of the sun. Oh ok sry for being kind of a dick. I assumed you were just ignorant I didnt know you havent catched up onto everything. That said: 1. Yes, from that quote he did move at very high speeds, but he only seemed like a star light. Not as a star speed (also iirc stars don't travel...?). Earth-shattering yes but not the level that would be above what Ryze did. Meteors also vary in the destruction they caused based on many factors: their speed, size etc. Even a small rock from the space is considered a meteor. 2. Idk if you read From the Ashes yet, but Ryze says there where he draws power from. Almost all of his arcane spells are actually just manipulation of the arcane energy around him that he channels through his body, manipulates to take a certain form, then he releases. His tatoos amplify that potential a lot (aka they let him channel more arcane energy) which is why when he went all out they were all glowing including his eyes. Why he didn't do that from the beggining? Well, because: a) cinematic reasons. and b) because he prob think at first that more than the medium/low power he uses most of the times would be necesarry (i think thats the most viable argumentation here). Now i have a theory that the scroll contains some ancient spell that Ryze carries to use as a last resort (aka panic button) and we havent seen yet what it is, but that's just my theory about what the scroll is. Nothing is confirmed regarding the scroll. 3. Never did I say they arent durable when they are new born. My point is, they are the least durable when they are newborn, and even then they are very durable, enforcing my point about how durable the Voidborn Ryze fought is since it was one of the early ones so very very old. 4. > The Void erupted into the mortal world in the far north, and with it, Lissandra’s hidden allegiance to the Watchers became undeniable. In that moment, her only choices were to let all the world be consumed, or to give up what she cared for most—Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted. Lissandra sacrificed the Iceborn army in mere moments to freeze the Watchers. Don't tell me anyone can just do that. It would still require great power. Plus Odin himself said Lissandra is very, very powerfull. That's what I was trying to say. Volibear lefr Udyr alive because he prob wants to make him an Ursine. Volibear isnt the kind to make someone blind to punish instead of just killing. 5. It is a feat much greater than what almost all of our Aspect hosts has shown atm tho..? Also uberbeings. Wdym? They arent yet uberbeings they are young Aspects. And titles don't mean shit against opponents with better feats than you. 6. What is wrong is saying that young Aspects are just because when they didnt have time to grow in power. The concepts themselves aka the Aspects that posses the host to some extent are Leagues above them (the entity as a whole I mean not the host) but not young hosts. The World Runes weren't blessed, there is no evidence of that. They were just used. Ah also those I listed are not just "simple mages". 7. Because she is still a young Aspect, and Aspects grow in power over time. Sure with enough time she would be able to reach sun-hot levels, but atm I srsly doubt it. It's not like she opens a portal to the Sun and the fire from there errupts from the portal. > She thrust her golden sword toward him and a searing echo of its image blazed from the rune-cut blade. White-hot fire engulfed Dragon-helm, his furs and hair instantly igniting and his armor fusing to his flesh like a brand. He shrieked in hideous pain, and Leona felt the cosmic power inside her revel in the man’s agony. He staggered backward, somehow still alive and screaming as her fire melted the flesh from his bones. His men faltered in their assault as he fell to his knees as a blazing pyre. Pretty sure sun-levels of hot would have turned him to dust before even touching him let alone touching him. But he was agonising and screaming for a few seconds which mean they aren't nearly as hot. 8. Never once did I say its the same level as a star. But that one shard is still island level and WAAAY above anything Leona has shown so far. 9. They grow into that power by learning how to control it better and how to use more of it. The click thingy means how much did the host embody the concept of the Aspect possesing it, since its easier for a more appropiate host to said concept to use the respectives Aspects powers. But they still grow in power over time and young Aspects are much, much, MUCH weaker than fully developed hosts. 10. Judging in-lore by in-game abilities is wrong because they are featless ans range is incorect due to balance purposes. Lissandra must have been far away from the army to not get herself frozen. Regarding the insta death beams, they arent insta death like lets say Avada Kedavra is in Harry Potter. But remember what I said above about how Ryze uses arcane magic. By shaping it into what he needs to use. So far he has shown bursts blasts beams etc. He can go all out while using one concentrated beam on Leona and Leona along with all that is behind her and surroundings would be no more. But it would be overkill. Leona hasn't shown any durability feats. Im gonna ignore that for a sec but a mid-powered beam would still be enough to kill her. 11. I was talking about being trapped or rooted or stunned. A beam of light could be dodged or blocked which high-tier mages are more than capable of doing casually.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-09T11:02:24.761+0000) > > Look, I don't really think it's worthwhile to discuss the individual Mages' power level anymore. The discussions get drawn out and cluttered, and we're arguing semantics. I've already conceded that they are indeed powerful and capable of great feats. > > I'm just saying that, just because they are indeed powerful, I find it unfair that that automatically means they can "yeet" Aspects like it was nothing. > > Aspects will most likely have a hard time against the Mages, sure, I definitely agree, but I don't see the fights being as one-sided as you're claiming they are (With Ryze somehow having instant death laser beams that you can't dodge, or Lissndra instantly encasing someone in ice, automatically winning the fight). > > And even if that is the case, comparing all of their powers side by side and all, it doesn't make sense to have these powerful beyond-human warriors blessed by Celestials themselves... die instantly to anything thrown at them. > > It's incredibly anti-climactic and really downplays the worth they are supposed to have in the lore. > > I'm not saying the Mages aren't important either, they definitely are. > > But to have the Mages have all this power they can just manifest out of nowhere seemingly with little effort, whereas the Aspects had to go through tough trials in order to be lucky enough to be chosen by a Celestial... only to be curbstomped into the ground by a mortal that got their powers basically for free, just sounds terrible from a narrative perspective. > > At least in my opinion. The only one of those mages that got their power for free was Syndra. Ryze and Lissandra had to work, train and gather knowledge for thousands of years and achieve experience to be where they are now. Lissandra even got blinded. It's far from free and imo it's much difficult than climbing up the mountain and getting through some trials. I agree that old enough Aspects are way too powerfull, but the young ones aren't. The fights would be 1 sided only for now because given enough time an Aspect would surpass any mage in powerlevel. But they didn't have that time yet. They can be influencial and important without being super op from a narrative PoV (ex they may carry a secret weapon or something like that, they have authority etc). Their worth is not all about how powerfull they are but about the grand plans of Targon. Also the beams aren't undogable they are just very fast (beams in general are very fast) but Rune Prison roots a target in place. Lissandra can of course freeze someone where they are standing unless that person can break through it.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T21:06:19.490+0000) > > Jesus Christ so many assumptions and things said wrong.... You don't have to be a condencending, "I know better than you" dick about it. I thought we were talking about lore, not holding a ridiculing contest. > 1. When the fk did Pantheon do that in-lore? Also even if he did which i dont remember him doing, where was it stated that he can do it with a force of a meteor? Oh thats right. Never. *"The four stars of the Pantheon constellation pulsed brightly, then turned dark overhead. Simultaneously, the burning light of a falling star appeared within the ethereal city and streaked toward the ground."* *"It screamed toward the temple, moving at astonishing speed, and the barbarians prayed to their heathen gods in quivering voices. The streaming light slammed down, striking the ground between the two forces with an earth-shattering impact."* Pantheon moves at the speed of a star, and collides with the earth in what is described as "an earth-shattering impact". This is what I meant with the force of a meteor. > You also ignored that he still desintegrated in a 1 shot the Voidborn, and there is no proof he used the scroll to amp him up. He just went all out with his power which is why his tatoos, which are arcane energy conductors, were all glowing, including his eyes. It was a 1 shot because the Voidborn died from just 1 shot. Doesnt matter if Ryze went all out or not. Moving on since I debunked this statement. He had to be drawing power from somewhere, no one just manifests power like that out of the blue. Besides, even if he did, why did he wait until the last second before doing so? Why not just use all his powers at once from the beginning, rather than wait until the end? > 2. Umm wtf? There is several proof both True Ice is lethal and that Iceborns are superhumans in the Ashe comic series glossary. Here are the images btw: > http://imgur.com/a/A50nBiC I haven't gotten around to reading the comic yet. My source of information depends on what I've already read, and the wikia, neither of which said True Ice was lethal. I will concede that I was wrong in this regard. > > http://imgur.com/a/7IyfgO0 This doesn't mean Iceborn have superhuman strength, just that they have superhuman strength, stamina, and resistance *to cold,* not just in general. > Picaxes may not be great as weapons but they do have much striking power. The newborn Voidborn tanked several direct hits. Just because Voidborn grow more durable as the grow older, doesn't mean they aren't also durable from an early age. > 3. Do you think anyone could have done that? You would still need a huge amount of power and knowledge to be able to perform that sacrificing ritual in mere seconds. "Ritual"? No ritual was mentioned. Sacrificing someone just means leaving them to die, nobody is saying Lissandra set up some elaborate ritual. > 4. Wtf? Lissandra tried to steal Volibear's powers, so Volibear attacker her. If you knew 2 things about Voli, is that he was going for the kill. Lissandra is described as defying the wild magic of the world, not trying to steal it. Also, no, Volibear doesn't always "go for the kill", why else would he leave Udyr alive after he taunted him in the face? > 5. For some reason lifting a fortress isn't impressive..? Anyways you ignored the best feat of her which is island level. Again, like I said, I'm not saying any of this isn't impressive by our standards, I'm just saying that just because Syndra can lift a building, doesn't mean she can suddenly kill über-humans. > 6. I even said that Aspects with enough time surpass any mage. Zoe is the prime example. But among our champions, she is the only Aspect to do that cause all the rest are young. And no Aspects are not supposed to be "leagues above" right after their ascension. That's just your speculation. They were blessed by Celestials, the same beings that shaped the world itself, beings like Bard, immensely powerful ones. Is it wrong for me to see them as something beyond simple Mages, who had not been blessed by a Celestial? > 7. Ok my mistake about the army part. The 30 guys feat is not a feat even comparable to what the mages i listed can do tho. Ryze wouldnt even need to get close to do that, just 1 spell flux would be enough. Syndra would 1 shot them all. Lissandra would either freeze or impale them with ice. What Panth did is not an argument to say he is stronger. Sure, Pantheon is the weakest of the Aspects, primarily due to the fact that he doesn't have any magic. I didn't try to use this as an argument that he was stronger > 8. Where is it stated that Pantheon won over Aatrox either? It isn't, but their animosity has to stem from somewhere. This animosity, coupled with how Pantheon is stated to have rallied armies against Aatrox during the war, heavily hints that they fought. > 9. Hahaha. No. Her sunfire doesnt come directly from the sun. It is related to it but it doesnt come directly from it (like its not ripped of it to have the same heat). And it's featless except for killing fodder. How is this not just speculation and assumptions on *your* part? It is power from the sun itself, why should we assume it isn't actually as strong as the sun at all? > Ah and Brand's fire isn't just fire either. What he used when Ryze blocked it was indeed fire, but remember what powers Brand. A World Rune shard. World Runes were used by Celestials to create Runeterra, its smth they couldn't have done otherwise. Now what Brand has is not a full one, but still a shard of one nontheless. The small shard of a rune that had to be used in conjunction with others in order to create the planet is not on the same level as an entire star. > 10. Ok I checked. Regarding this youee right Leona can indeed react to a blast. A beam idk but I doubt she can't freeze time afterall. Plus she doesn't move faster while her perception of time is slower. Ah also even IF she could dodge a beam, and that's a big IF, Ryze can trap her in Rune Prison then she can't dodge shit. Her shields are featless so for now I am not gonna say they can block Ryze's spells. I'm judging this based on in-game W, which grants her resistance to magic. Also, for someone that claims Leona's shield is "featless", I sure haven't seen one of these infamous "instant death beams" yet. > 11. When did she dash? When did she move faster while her perception of time was slowed? Oh that's right. Never. Her ability to dash comes from in-game, her E, where she, after her sword's solar image connects with the target, turns into pure light and travels at faster than light speed toward the target. > Saying she can shoot them faster is pure assumption. Lissandra has 6000 years of experience (she is one of the oldest League champs, even older than Nasus and Renekton) doubt she wouldn't react in time. Also the range is pure assumption. She was quite far away from the Iceborn army when she sacrificed it in mere seconds and used her power combined with the army's power to make huge glaciers of True Ice to trap the Watchers. Doubt she can't make a single or more persons one from normal Ice or even True Ice if there is True Ice around but that would be an overkill. I'm not saying Leona can shoot them faster, I'm saying she can shoot them further. I'm basing this on in-game target range, where Leona's ultimate has more range and Lissandra's. > 12. I sent above proof regarding True Ice being lethal. About Brand, already adressed the feats of Leona's "sunfire" and what powers him up. And I will also refer to the above. A small chunk of a magic rock is not equivalent to an entire star. > 13. Umm no. There is literally no proof or statements Leona is the same powerlevel. There is counter evidence tho as Leona isn't nearly as old as Zoe. Leona is a young Aspect host. When did Leona throw the Sun or some shit? Also yeah Zoe is op asf as I said before but iirc what she throws around are meteors and comets. Her big power comes from the hax called reality warping. Leona, doesn't "throw" suns, but she does summon giant rays made of the energy of said sun, so it's not far from it I would say. > Regarding proof, this is a direct quote from a narrative Rioter, Whargabobo also called Odin: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/Ljw9wJKT-the-hate-for-zoe-makes-me-sad?comment=000400000000 Isn't this more in terms of controlling and refining their powers ("clicking" into their role, as Bobo said), not that they just innately grow more powerful as they grow older? > 14. They can, but not by most Aspects. Zoe could easly do that by reality warping. But Leona? Diana? Pantheon? Taric? No. Just... no. Plus if they are trapped it is easier for them to get out of sajd trap because disspels and other things like that. I doubt you can just "dispel" a giant ray of the sun.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T21:58:03.227+0000) > > You don't have to be a condencending, "I know better than you" dick about it. I thought we were talking about lore, not holding a ridiculing contest. > > *"The four stars of the Pantheon constellation pulsed brightly, then turned dark overhead. Simultaneously, the burning light of a falling star appeared within the ethereal city and streaked toward the ground."* > > *"It screamed toward the temple, moving at astonishing speed, and the barbarians prayed to their heathen gods in quivering voices. The streaming light slammed down, striking the ground between the two forces with an earth-shattering impact."* > > Pantheon moves at the speed of a star, and collides with the earth in what is described as "an earth-shattering impact". > > This is what I meant with the force of a meteor. > > He had to be drawing power from somewhere, no one just manifests power like that out of the blue. > > Besides, even if he did, why did he wait until the last second before doing so? Why not just use all his powers at once from the beginning, rather than wait until the end? > > I haven't gotten around to reading the comic yet. My source of information depends on what I've already read, and the wikia, neither of which said True Ice was lethal. > > I will concede that I was wrong in this regard. > > Just because Voidborn grow more durable as the grow older, doesn't mean they aren't also durable from an early age. > > "Ritual"? > > No ritual was mentioned. > > Sacrificing someone just means leaving them to die, nobody is saying Lissandra set up some elaborate ritual. > > Lissandra is described as defying the wild magic of the world, not trying to steal it. > > Also, no, Volibear doesn't always "go for the kill", why else would he leave Udyr alive after he taunted him in the face? > > Again, like I said, I'm not saying any of this isn't impressive by our standards, I'm just saying that just because Syndra can lift a building, doesn't mean she can suddenly kill über-humans. > > They were blessed by Celestials, the same beings that shaped the world itself, beings like Bard, immensely powerful ones. > > Is it wrong for me to see them as something beyond simple Mages, who had not been blessed by a Celestial? > > Sure, Pantheon is the weakest of the Aspects, primarily due to the fact that he doesn't have any magic. I didn't try to use this as an argument that he was stronger > > It isn't, but their animosity has to stem from somewhere. > > This animosity, coupled with how Pantheon is stated to have rallied armies against Aatrox during the war, heavily hints that they fought. > > How is this not just speculation and assumptions on *your* part? > > It is power from the sun itself, why should we assume it isn't actually as strong as the sun at all? > > The small shard of a rune that had to be used in conjunction with others in order to create the planet is not on the same level as an entire star. > > I'm judging this based on in-game W, which grants her resistance to magic. > > Also, for someone that claims Leona's shield is "featless", I sure haven't seen one of these infamous "instant death beams" yet. > > Her ability to dash comes from in-game, her E, where she, after her sword's solar image connects with the target, turns into pure light and travels at faster than light speed toward the target. > > I'm not saying Leona can shoot them faster, I'm saying she can shoot them further. > > I'm basing this on in-game target range, where Leona's ultimate has more range and Lissandra's. > > And I will also refer to the above. > > A small chunk of a magic rock is not equivalent to an entire star. > > Leona, doesn't "throw" suns, but she does summon giant rays made of the energy of said sun, so it's not far from it I would say. > > Isn't this more in terms of controlling and refining their powers ("clicking" into their role, as Bobo said), not that they just innately grow more powerful as they grow older? > > I doubt you can just "dispel" a giant ray of the sun. Oh ok sry for being kind of a dick. I assumed you were just ignorant I didnt know you havent catched up onto everything. That said: 1. Yes, from that quote he did move at very high speeds, but he only seemed like a star light. Not as a star speed (also iirc stars don't travel...?). Earth-shattering yes but not the level that would be above what Ryze did. Meteors also vary in the destruction they caused based on many factors: their speed, size etc. Even a small rock from the space is considered a meteor. 2. Idk if you read From the Ashes yet, but Ryze says there where he draws power from. Almost all of his arcane spells are actually just manipulation of the arcane energy around him that he channels through his body, manipulates to take a certain form, then he releases. His tatoos amplify that potential a lot (aka they let him channel more arcane energy) which is why when he went all out they were all glowing including his eyes. Why he didn't do that from the beggining? Well, because: a) cinematic reasons. and b) because he prob think at first that more than the medium/low power he uses most of the times would be necesarry (i think thats the most viable argumentation here). Now i have a theory that the scroll contains some ancient spell that Ryze carries to use as a last resort (aka panic button) and we havent seen yet what it is, but that's just my theory about what the scroll is. Nothing is confirmed regarding the scroll. 3. Never did I say they arent durable when they are new born. My point is, they are the least durable when they are newborn, and even then they are very durable, enforcing my point about how durable the Voidborn Ryze fought is since it was one of the early ones so very very old. 4. > The Void erupted into the mortal world in the far north, and with it, Lissandra’s hidden allegiance to the Watchers became undeniable. In that moment, her only choices were to let all the world be consumed, or to give up what she cared for most—Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted. Lissandra sacrificed the Iceborn army in mere moments to freeze the Watchers. Don't tell me anyone can just do that. It would still require great power. Plus Odin himself said Lissandra is very, very powerfull. That's what I was trying to say. Volibear lefr Udyr alive because he prob wants to make him an Ursine. Volibear isnt the kind to make someone blind to punish instead of just killing. 5. It is a feat much greater than what almost all of our Aspect hosts has shown atm tho..? Also uberbeings. Wdym? They arent yet uberbeings they are young Aspects. And titles don't mean shit against opponents with better feats than you. 6. What is wrong is saying that young Aspects are just because when they didnt have time to grow in power. The concepts themselves aka the Aspects that posses the host to some extent are Leagues above them (the entity as a whole I mean not the host) but not young hosts. The World Runes weren't blessed, there is no evidence of that. They were just used. Ah also those I listed are not just "simple mages". 7. Because she is still a young Aspect, and Aspects grow in power over time. Sure with enough time she would be able to reach sun-hot levels, but atm I srsly doubt it. It's not like she opens a portal to the Sun and the fire from there errupts from the portal. > She thrust her golden sword toward him and a searing echo of its image blazed from the rune-cut blade. White-hot fire engulfed Dragon-helm, his furs and hair instantly igniting and his armor fusing to his flesh like a brand. He shrieked in hideous pain, and Leona felt the cosmic power inside her revel in the man’s agony. He staggered backward, somehow still alive and screaming as her fire melted the flesh from his bones. His men faltered in their assault as he fell to his knees as a blazing pyre. Pretty sure sun-levels of hot would have turned him to dust before even touching him let alone touching him. But he was agonising and screaming for a few seconds which mean they aren't nearly as hot. 8. Never once did I say its the same level as a star. But that one shard is still island level and WAAAY above anything Leona has shown so far. 9. They grow into that power by learning how to control it better and how to use more of it. The click thingy means how much did the host embody the concept of the Aspect possesing it, since its easier for a more appropiate host to said concept to use the respectives Aspects powers. But they still grow in power over time and young Aspects are much, much, MUCH weaker than fully developed hosts. 10. Judging in-lore by in-game abilities is wrong because they are featless ans range is incorect due to balance purposes. Lissandra must have been far away from the army to not get herself frozen. Regarding the insta death beams, they arent insta death like lets say Avada Kedavra is in Harry Potter. But remember what I said above about how Ryze uses arcane magic. By shaping it into what he needs to use. So far he has shown bursts blasts beams etc. He can go all out while using one concentrated beam on Leona and Leona along with all that is behind her and surroundings would be no more. But it would be overkill. Leona hasn't shown any durability feats. Im gonna ignore that for a sec but a mid-powered beam would still be enough to kill her. 11. I was talking about being trapped or rooted or stunned. A beam of light could be dodged or blocked which high-tier mages are more than capable of doing casually.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T17:27:54.583+0000) > > "Pretty much it" > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} > Let me say why him desintegrating and 1 shotting that Voidborn is so impressive. > First, the explosion that disintegrated the Voidborn made the whole fking cave crumble and several Sion-sized rocks fall from it's top, as well as making a crack big enough in the roof of it to allow light to enter. Why is the crack in the roof impressive? Well, because of this: > > That fight was happening very, very, very deep underground. But the feat doesn't stop here. Oh, wow, Ryze made the big spooky cave shakey-wakey a bit. It's not like Pantheon can't land with the force of an entire meteor (and meteors are brutal, mind you). > 2. The Voidborn itself > It should be noted that Voidborns vary in power levels too. The older they are, the stronger and more durable they become. > > Another example of this is Vel'Koz. He is perhaps the oldest surviving Voidborn and because of that he is extremly durable and powerfull, which is why he is a high-tier Voidborn. What has that to do with the Voidborn Ryze fought you may ask? Well, a friend of mine from Discord, known here as The Iceborn, asked Scathloke, one of the narrative Rioters, about that Voidborn and a few other things. > https://twitter.com/IcerDice/status/1101558373806473216 > Scroll a bit down and you'll see what Scath said: > > He confirms that Voidborn is one of the early ones, meaning among the first created along with Vel'Koz, meaning it was extremly durable. As comparision, a newborn Voidborn was tanking direct hits with a pickaxe from Iceborns in Eye of the Abyss, which are basically MCU supersoldiers in strenght, and newborn ones are supposed to be the LEAST durable since they aren't older than 5 or 10 minutes at that time. 1. Pickaxes aren't great as weapons. 2. Iceborn don't have superhuman strength. The only thing special about Iceborn is that they can control True Ice. They aren't "MCU supersoldiers in strength". It makes perfect sense that normal humans (in terms of strength) only armed with pickaxes would have trouble taking down an eldritch horror. > 3. At the link above, Iceborn also asked about if that Ice wall that was trapping the Voidborn was or was not True Ice. Scath said that both versions are probable. If it was indeed True Ice (which I think it was), well, Ryze made several big cracks in it. True Ice is extremely durable too. Durable does not mean invincible. > Now take into account all the things listed above, he did in a 1 shot. And the high-tier Voidborn was disintegrated. I dislike your use of the term "1 shot". Ryze didn't just "poof" the Voidborn instantly. He had to charge up (visual representation of his old ultimate, Desperate Power), presumably through using that scroll on his back. > Now about other mages. > Did you just fking said "nothing really besides sealing the Watchers"? The fk? Yeah she didnt use just her own power and had to sacrifice the entire Iceborn army to entrap the Watchers into glaciers of True Ice, but to do that it still requires a shit ton of power and knowledge. Sacrificing the Iceborn shows nothing of Lissandra's powers. The only thing it shows is her disregard for the lives of others. > Also she survived an encounter with Volibear, and even tho she was blinded, surviving against fking Volibear is still an incredible feat. It's not stated it was in Volibear's intention to kill Lissandra. He might as well just have blinded her on purpose as punishment and just left it at that. > "Destroyed a city" > You're saying it like it's no big deal... also Brand is powered directly by a World Rune shard which as you said is City Level. Well actually, its island level. Remember the big empty place that looks kinda like a crater and is now part of the ocean East of Immortal Bastion? Thats what 2 World Rune shards did. If you divide that by 2, it's an island level. It's no big deal in comparison to Zoe. > Syndra lifted a fortress. How is that not a big thing? Also she is sent shockwaves through a whole island. Oh, wow, she lifted something, so impressive. Look, I want to make one thing clear here, I'm not saying any of the Mages didn't do anything impressive at all. I'm just saying that, just because they did something impressive, that doesn't mean they can suddenly kill Aspects (whom are supposed to be leagues beyond them) like it was nothing. > > Where did Pantheon defeat entire armies on his own? In his bio, where he fought off the barbarian army. Also during the Great Darkin War, where he fought against the armies of the Darkin. > I remember you saying that the current host killed 30 invaders without breaking a sweat like its supposed to be smth impressive. How is it *not* impressive? He killed soldiers in the blink of an eye, and killed all of them combined without taking a single wound either. > Ah also Aatrox killed him not the opposite lmao. No he didn't? Where is this stated? Also, I didn't say Pantheon "killed" Aatrox, only that he won over him. > We don't know who trapped Aatrox. The mortals of Shurima, obviously, but Aatrox and Pantheon did do battle. Why else would Aatrox show such animosity towards him? > About Leona. Her sunfire is featless tbh apart from killing some invaders. We need feats to see how powerfull it is. I'm sorry? The sun is the sun. We know how strong the sun is in our world, so we know how strong the sun is in Runeterra. And a giant beam of sunlight would melt anything in less than seconds. > Also Ryze could shield himself against it no problem, he was blocking with a magic shield Brand's continous attack and remember, Brand is powered by a World Rune shard. Blocking Leona's fire shouldn't be a problem. Leona's "fire" isn't just fire. It's, pardon my language, the fucking sun we're talking about here. > On the other hand, Ryze can 1 shot her with a beam. Remember beams are almost instant. Or even a normal blast as Leona has no reaction feats. In her short story, The Light Bringer, Leona is described as being able to attain a level of "perception not of this world", as well as the ability to slow down time for herself, so there's a "reaction feat" for you. Also, you're acting like Leona is made out of wet tissue paper and Ryze's "beams" are made out of instant death. Need I remind you that Leona can raise her shield, which grants her resistance to magic. > Lissandra can also block it with a barrier of Ice or just encase Leona where she's standing. Leona is able to fire her sun beams (as well as dash) before Lissandra gets close enough to encase her. > If she has True Ice nearby, se can even 1 shot her as True Ice is lethal for any but the Iceborns to touch. Even if it woudlnt 1 shot at mere contact, it would still be extremly painfull and damaging. Who says True Ice is lethal to non-Iceborns? Also, again, Leona can raise her shield, which grants her resistance to magic. > Also Brand is powered by a World Rune shard remember? A fire based one. Heat and fire attacks wont to shit to him especially attacks that are featless except for killing a few invaders. The sun is not simple fire, it's the sun. Brand might be impervious to *fire magic,* but I highly doubt he could survive the sun itself. > Already said Zoe is the exception cause she is the only old Aspect champ. Zoe is not "the exception", Leona is clearly around the same level of power (Zoe can throw stars and the sun is a star). And you still haven't shown anything that confirms Aspect power is somehow, for some reason, based on age. > Yeah not to be underestimated, but he could be immobilised thus defeated without being damaged or kill so.... You're acting like the Mages can't be immobilized either. > Brand, Ryze and Lissandra can't die of old age. They are basically Immortal in that regard. None of them are humans anymore. It's not because they are Mages that they are immortal, it's because they are no longer human (otherwise, if the power of your magic was the only factor for immortality, by that logic, Syndra should be immortal as well).
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T19:46:44.968+0000) > > Oh, wow, Ryze made the big spooky cave shakey-wakey a bit. > > It's not like Pantheon can't land with the force of an entire meteor (and meteors are brutal, mind you). > > 1. Pickaxes aren't great as weapons. > > 2. Iceborn don't have superhuman strength. The only thing special about Iceborn is that they can control True Ice. They aren't "MCU supersoldiers in strength". > > It makes perfect sense that normal humans (in terms of strength) only armed with pickaxes would have trouble taking down an eldritch horror. > > Durable does not mean invincible. > > I dislike your use of the term "1 shot". > > Ryze didn't just "poof" the Voidborn instantly. He had to charge up (visual representation of his old ultimate, Desperate Power), presumably through using that scroll on his back. > > Sacrificing the Iceborn shows nothing of Lissandra's powers. > > The only thing it shows is her disregard for the lives of others. > > It's not stated it was in Volibear's intention to kill Lissandra. > > He might as well just have blinded her on purpose as punishment and just left it at that. > > It's no big deal in comparison to Zoe. > > Oh, wow, she lifted something, so impressive. > > Look, I want to make one thing clear here, I'm not saying any of the Mages didn't do anything impressive at all. > > I'm just saying that, just because they did something impressive, that doesn't mean they can suddenly kill Aspects (whom are supposed to be leagues beyond them) like it was nothing. > > In his bio, where he fought off the barbarian army. > > Also during the Great Darkin War, where he fought against the armies of the Darkin. > > How is it *not* impressive? > > He killed soldiers in the blink of an eye, and killed all of them combined without taking a single wound either. > > No he didn't? > > Where is this stated? > > Also, I didn't say Pantheon "killed" Aatrox, only that he won over him. > > The mortals of Shurima, obviously, but Aatrox and Pantheon did do battle. > > Why else would Aatrox show such animosity towards him? > > I'm sorry? > > The sun is the sun. > > We know how strong the sun is in our world, so we know how strong the sun is in Runeterra. > > And a giant beam of sunlight would melt anything in less than seconds. > > Leona's "fire" isn't just fire. > > It's, pardon my language, the fucking sun we're talking about here. > > In her short story, The Light Bringer, Leona is described as being able to attain a level of "perception not of this world", as well as the ability to slow down time for herself, so there's a "reaction feat" for you. > > Also, you're acting like Leona is made out of wet tissue paper and Ryze's "beams" are made out of instant death. > > Need I remind you that Leona can raise her shield, which grants her resistance to magic. > > Leona is able to fire her sun beams (as well as dash) before Lissandra gets close enough to encase her. > > Who says True Ice is lethal to non-Iceborns? > > Also, again, Leona can raise her shield, which grants her resistance to magic. > > The sun is not simple fire, it's the sun. > > Brand might be impervious to *fire magic,* but I highly doubt he could survive the sun itself. > > Zoe is not "the exception", Leona is clearly around the same level of power (Zoe can throw stars and the sun is a star). > > And you still haven't shown anything that confirms Aspect power is somehow, for some reason, based on age. > > You're acting like the Mages can't be immobilized either. > > None of them are humans anymore. > > It's not because they are Mages that they are immortal, it's because they are no longer human (otherwise, if the power of your magic was the only factor for immortality, by that logic, Syndra should be immortal as well). Jesus Christ so many assumptions and things said wrong.... 1. When the fk did Pantheon do that in-lore? Also even if he did which i dont remember him doing, where was it stated that he can do it with a force of a meteor? Oh thats right. Never. You also ignored that he still desintegrated in a 1 shot the Voidborn, and there is no proof he used the scroll to amp him up. He just went all out with his power which is why his tatoos, which are arcane energy conductors, were all glowing, including his eyes. It was a 1 shot because the Voidborn died from just 1 shot. Doesnt matter if Ryze went all out or not. Moving on since I debunked this statement. 2. Umm wtf? There is several proof both True Ice is lethal and that Iceborns are superhumans in the Ashe comic series glossary. Here are the images btw: http://imgur.com/a/A50nBiC http://imgur.com/a/7IyfgO0 Picaxes may not be great as weapons but they do have much striking power. The newborn Voidborn tanked several direct hits. 3. Do you think anyone could have done that? You would still need a huge amount of power and knowledge to be able to perform that sacrificing ritual in mere seconds. 4. Wtf? Lissandra tried to steal Volibear's powers, so Volibear attacker her. If you knew 2 things about Voli, is that he was going for the kill. 5. For some reason lifting a fortress isn't impressive..? Anyways you ignored the best feat of her which is island level. 6. I even said that Aspects with enough time surpass any mage. Zoe is the prime example. But among our champions, she is the only Aspect to do that cause all the rest are young. And no Aspects are not supposed to be "leagues above" right after their ascension. That's just your speculation. 7. Ok my mistake about the army part. The 30 guys feat is not a feat even comparable to what the mages i listed can do tho. Ryze wouldnt even need to get close to do that, just 1 spell flux would be enough. Syndra would 1 shot them all. Lissandra would either freeze or impale them with ice. What Panth did is not an argument to say he is stronger. 8. Where is it stated that Pantheon won over Aatrox either? 9. Hahaha. No. Her sunfire doesnt come directly from the sun. It is related to it but it doesnt come directly from it (like its not ripped of it to have the same heat). And it's featless except for killing fodder. Ah and Brand's fire isn't just fire either. What he used when Ryze blocked it was indeed fire, but remember what powers Brand. A World Rune shard. World Runes were used by Celestials to create Runeterra, its smth they couldn't have done otherwise. Now what Brand has is not a full one, but still a shard of one nontheless. 10. Ok I checked. Regarding this youee right Leona can indeed react to a blast. A beam idk but I doubt she can't freeze time afterall. Plus she doesn't move faster while her perception of time is slower. Ah also even IF she could dodge a beam, and that's a big IF, Ryze can trap her in Rune Prison then she can't dodge shit. Her shields are featless so for now I am not gonna say they can block Ryze's spells. 11. When did she dash? When did she move faster while her perception of time was slowed? Oh that's right. Never. Saying she can shoot them faster is pure assumption. Lissandra has 6000 years of experience (she is one of the oldest League champs, even older than Nasus and Renekton) doubt she wouldn't react in time. Also the range is pure assumption. She was quite far away from the Iceborn army when she sacrificed it in mere seconds and used her power combined with the army's power to make huge glaciers of True Ice to trap the Watchers. Doubt she can't make a single or more persons one from normal Ice or even True Ice if there is True Ice around but that would be an overkill. 12. I sent above proof regarding True Ice being lethal. About Brand, already adressed the feats of Leona's "sunfire" and what powers him up. 13. Umm no. There is literally no proof or statements Leona is the same powerlevel. There is counter evidence tho as Leona isn't nearly as old as Zoe. Leona is a young Aspect host. When did Leona throw the Sun or some shit? Also yeah Zoe is op asf as I said before but iirc what she throws around are meteors and comets. Her big power comes from the hax called reality warping. Regarding proof, this is a direct quote from a narrative Rioter, Whargabobo also called Odin: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/Ljw9wJKT-the-hate-for-zoe-makes-me-sad?comment=000400000000 14. They can, but not by most Aspects. Zoe could easly do that by reality warping. But Leona? Diana? Pantheon? Taric? No. Just... no. Plus if they are trapped it is easier for them to get out of sajd trap because disspels and other things like that.
Jaspers (EUW)
: Out of interest, how/in what way do Aspect Hosts get more powerful the older they are? Is it just a case of growing into their power and therefore become more efficient at it? Kind like how the X-men work (Iceman was once covered in snow crystals, now he can turn his body into ice and is basically immortal besides aging). And what are their feats? Of the Aspects we know, Zoe is the most powerful but that only because of what has been show/told about. According to the Darkin stories, Pantheon lead an army against some of them and he couldn't kill them but had to trap them, if he was that powerful he wouldn't need to, he'd just kill them and as we know, Pantheon is not limited to a hosts ability to use his power as he takes the host for himself. High tier mages you mean Ryze and Morde, right? Yordle are ageless anyway and other mages are too young to have reached the stage of acquiring age reducing magic, many of these young mages are mages by birth not learnt as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:06:56.361+0000) > > Out of interest, how/in what way do Aspect Hosts get more powerful the older they are? > > Is it just a case of growing into their power and therefore become more efficient at it? Kind like how the X-men work (Iceman was once covered in snow crystals, now he can turn his body into ice and is basically immortal besides aging). And what are their feats? > > Of the Aspects we know, Zoe is the most powerful but that only because of what has been show/told about. According to the Darkin stories, Pantheon lead an army against some of them and he couldn't kill them but had to trap them, if he was that powerful he wouldn't need to, he'd just kill them and as we know, Pantheon is not limited to a hosts ability to use his power as he takes the host for himself. > > High tier mages you mean Ryze and Morde, right? Yordle are ageless anyway and other mages are too young to have reached the stage of acquiring age reducing magic, many of these young mages are mages by birth not learnt as well. Yeah I meant people like Ryze and Morde (prob Morde will be above high tier mages after his rework tho). Look at my answer to the other guy for more clarification)
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:42:19.262+0000) > > Such as Ryze Lissandra Brand Syndra. What feats did the Aspects show except for Zoe? Those feats you listed are child play compared to what those mages shown btw. You didn't list any of the Mages' actual feats that you claim are "so much greater" than the Aspects. What did Ryze do? Killed a Voidborn. That's pretty much it. What did Lissandra do? Nothing really beyond sealing the Watchers beneath the bridge. Brand? Destroyed a city. Syndra? Lifted a fortress. Meanwhile, you have: Pantheon, who can defeat entire armies on his own. Sure, he is lackluster, but remember that he defeated {{champion:266}} , one of if not the most powerful Darkin. Besides him, Leona, as I said, can summon giant rays of sunlight. Do you know how unfathomably hot the sun is? Enough to melt said Mages you mentioned in an instant, save for maybe Lissandra, who can summon herself in True Ice which cannot melt. I don't even think Brand would be able to survive it. I probably don't need to mention what Zoe is capable of. The only ones that haven't really done anything impressive yet is Diana and Taric, however, the Moon has been stated to be just as strong, if not stronger, than the Sun, so that's something. The one outlier is Taric, however, the ability to protect is just as powerful as the ability to attack, and Taric's ability to make things impervious to damage is not to be underestimated. > Also iirc a Rioter stated the aging thing Ill ask someone on the discord to send the link of that a bit later this day. What, that Mages are immortal?
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T14:14:26.449+0000) > > You didn't list any of the Mages' actual feats that you claim are "so much greater" than the Aspects. > > What did Ryze do? > > Killed a Voidborn. > > That's pretty much it. > > What did Lissandra do? > > Nothing really beyond sealing the Watchers beneath the bridge. > > Brand? > > Destroyed a city. > > Syndra? > > Lifted a fortress. > > Meanwhile, you have: > > Pantheon, who can defeat entire armies on his own. Sure, he is lackluster, but remember that he defeated {{champion:266}} , one of if not the most powerful Darkin. > > Besides him, Leona, as I said, can summon giant rays of sunlight. > > Do you know how unfathomably hot the sun is? > > Enough to melt said Mages you mentioned in an instant, save for maybe Lissandra, who can summon herself in True Ice which cannot melt. I don't even think Brand would be able to survive it. > > I probably don't need to mention what Zoe is capable of. > > The only ones that haven't really done anything impressive yet is Diana and Taric, however, the Moon has been stated to be just as strong, if not stronger, than the Sun, so that's something. > > The one outlier is Taric, however, the ability to protect is just as powerful as the ability to attack, and Taric's ability to make things impervious to damage is not to be underestimated. > > What, that Mages are immortal? "Pretty much it" {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Let me say why him desintegrating and 1 shotting that Voidborn is so impressive. First, the explosion that disintegrated the Voidborn made the whole fking cave crumble and several Sion-sized rocks fall from it's top, as well as making a crack big enough in the roof of it to allow light to enter. Why is the crack in the roof impressive? Well, because of this: > Far beyond the known lands of Valoran, in the deepest, darkest spaces beneath the world, servants of the mythical Watchers are drawn to the power of the World Runes… That fight was happening very, very, very deep underground. But the feat doesn't stop here. 2. The Voidborn itself It should be noted that Voidborns vary in power levels too. The older they are, the stronger and more durable they become. > Some legends suggest that, when they first emerged into the Runeterran air, the Voidborn were generally pale, fibrous and flexible. As they aged, sections of their forms harden into a darker, shell-like chitin, which can become strong enough to turn aside almost any weapon. Another example of this is Vel'Koz. He is perhaps the oldest surviving Voidborn and because of that he is extremly durable and powerfull, which is why he is a high-tier Voidborn. What has that to do with the Voidborn Ryze fought you may ask? Well, a friend of mine from Discord, known here as The Iceborn, asked Scathloke, one of the narrative Rioters, about that Voidborn and a few other things. https://twitter.com/IcerDice/status/1101558373806473216 Scroll a bit down and you'll see what Scath said: > That was a full-blown Voidborn! Not dissimilar to my man Vel'Koz - possibly one of the early ones. He confirms that Voidborn is one of the early ones, meaning among the first created along with Vel'Koz, meaning it was extremly durable. As comparision, a newborn Voidborn was tanking direct hits with a pickaxe from Iceborns in Eye of the Abyss, which are basically MCU supersoldiers in strenght, and newborn ones are supposed to be the LEAST durable since they aren't older than 5 or 10 minutes at that time. 3. At the link above, Iceborn also asked about if that Ice wall that was trapping the Voidborn was or was not True Ice. Scath said that both versions are probable. If it was indeed True Ice (which I think it was), well, Ryze made several big cracks in it. True Ice is extremely durable too. Now take into account all the things listed above, he did in a 1 shot. And the high-tier Voidborn was disintegrated. Now about other mages. Did you just fking said "nothing really besides sealing the Watchers"? The fk? Yeah she didnt use just her own power and had to sacrifice the entire Iceborn army to entrap the Watchers into glaciers of True Ice, but to do that it still requires a shit ton of power and knowledge. Also she survived an encounter with Volibear, and even tho she was blinded, surviving against fking Volibear is still an incredible feat. "Destroyed a city" You're saying it like it's no big deal... also Brand is powered directly by a World Rune shard which as you said is City Level. Well actually, its island level. Remember the big empty place that looks kinda like a crater and is now part of the ocean East of Immortal Bastion? Thats what 2 World Rune shards did. If you divide that by 2, it's an island level. Syndra lifted a fortress. How is that not a big thing? Also she is sent shockwaves through a whole island. > Syndra turned her powers against what was left of the temple, sending shockwaves throughout Fae’lor, and draining raw magic from the island itself. Where did Pantheon defeat entire armies on his own? I remember you saying that the current host killed 30 invaders without breaking a sweat like its supposed to be smth impressive. Ah also Aatrox killed him not the opposite lmao. We don't know who trapped Aatrox. About Leona. Her sunfire is featless tbh apart from killing some invaders. We need feats to see how powerfull it is. Also Ryze could shield himself against it no problem, he was blocking with a magic shield Brand's continous attack and remember, Brand is powered by a World Rune shard. Blocking Leona's fire shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, Ryze can 1 shot her with a beam. Remember beams are almost instant. Or even a normal blast as Leona has no reaction feats. Lissandra can also block it with a barrier of Ice or just encase Leona where she's standing. If she has True Ice nearby, she can even 1 shot her as True Ice is lethal for any but the Iceborns to touch. Even if it woudlnt 1 shot at mere contact, it would still be extremly painfull and damaging. Also Brand is powered by a World Rune shard remember? A fire based one. Heat and fire attacks wont to shit to him especially attacks that are featless except for killing a few invaders. Already said Zoe is the exception cause she is the only old Aspect champ. Yeah not to be underestimated, but he could be immobilised thus defeated without being damaged or kill so.... Brand, Ryze and Lissandra can't die of old age. They are basically Immortal in that regard.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T11:31:55.021+0000) > > Umm.... yes some are judging by feats? Such as? Aspects are fully capable of doing great feats as well. > Aspect hosts get more powerfull the older they are. Taric is young regarding that. What do you base this on? Leona is also fairly young, yet she can summon giant rays of pure sunlight. The newest incarnation of Pantheon, Atreus, is fairly young as well, yet he beats back invaders 1 to 30, and above, without breaking a sweat. Referring back to Taric, again, for someone so "young", he can still make himself, and all those around him, impervious to all damage. That's still pretty damn powerful. > Also the high tier mages are usually immortal, Syndra being the only exception Again, such as? How do you "tier" Mages exactly?
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:04:08.980+0000) > > Such as? > > Aspects are fully capable of doing great feats as well. > > What do you base this on? > > Leona is also fairly young, yet she can summon giant rays of pure sunlight. > > The newest incarnation of Pantheon, Atreus, is fairly young as well, yet he beats back invaders 1 to 30, and above, without breaking a sweat. > > Referring back to Taric, again, for someone so "young", he can still make himself, and all those around him, impervious to all damage. > > That's still pretty damn powerful. > > Again, such as? > > How do you "tier" Mages exactly? Such as Ryze Lissandra Brand Syndra. What feats did the Aspects show except for Zoe? Also iirc a Rioter stated the aging thing Ill ask someone on the discord to send the link of that a bit later this day. Those feats you listed are child play compared to what those mages shown btw.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T08:05:41.037+0000) > > Taric? Lmao he just stood there. There is no confirmation he did anything other than protect the flower aka he didnt go to solo 2 armies. High-tier mages would yeet him. A Mage (I.E, a mortal) is clearly not more powerful than an Aspect. Also, you're forgetting that Taric can literally make himself invulnerable.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T11:20:05.425+0000) > > A Mage (I.E, a mortal) is clearly not more powerful than an Aspect. > > Also, you're forgetting that Taric can literally make himself invulnerable. Umm.... yes some are judging by feats? Aspect hosts get more powerfull the older they are. Taric is young regarding that. Also the high tier mages are usually immortal, Syndra being the only exception
MS exceI (EUNE)
: New lore is just as bad as the old one but for different reasons
MOBA lore is garbage in general. I prefer the world of Runeterra lore than the lame Insitute of War one cause at least there is tension in this one.
: Gods of Runeterra
Btw where did you get that Nasus vs Renekton gif?
: Eh, I think the fact their getting juiced by medium gods helps boost them into that tier. Taric's flavor story is he stands between two armies and fights both at the same time to protect an endangered species of plant. That sounds pretty similar to what we hear the Ascended doing. I don't think all the Chosen are that powerful, but I think they range from the middle to lower levels of power among demi-gods. Their deffinitly not up there with the likes of Azir or Xerath, who reign at the top of the Demi-God spectrum, but they help fill out some of the more "normal" levels of power for a Demi-god
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fULKH6Mn,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-08T07:16:42.439+0000) > > Eh, I think the fact their getting juiced by medium gods helps boost them into that tier. Taric's flavor story is he stands between two armies and fights both at the same time to protect an endangered species of plant. That sounds pretty similar to what we hear the Ascended doing. I don't think all the Chosen are that powerful, but I think they range from the middle to lower levels of power among demi-gods. Their deffinitly not up there with the likes of Azir or Xerath, who reign at the top of the Demi-God spectrum, but they help fill out some of the more "normal" levels of power for a Demi-god Taric? Lmao he just stood there. There is no confirmation he did anything other than protect the flower aka he didnt go to solo 2 armies. High-tier mages would yeet him.
: Gods of Runeterra
Tbh most of our Aspect host champs aren't demigod tier in powerlevel and are just empowered humans (they arent old enough to be powerfull enough. The only one who is old enough is Zoe).
: The old lore was flawed, yes, but they should've worked with the IoW instead of nuking the world. Doing so only showed a lack of vision, creativity, and respect for those who actually bothered to read their lore. I loved the idea of the League of Legends as it was reminiscent of the League of Nations, and I found that to be a very interesting hook into getting to know all these warriors engaging in gladiatorial combat. They think they made the IoW too powerful, thus had to be erased? They had the PERFECT excuse to have it fall from grace in the Journal of Justice. Discuss how much cooperation they need from other nations to fund their majicks. Have essential artifacts be stolen, sabotaged, and/or destroyed. Show that the organization could never survive a siege scenario w/o the help of other states. Any of these would make it so that the IoW would have trouble intervening in lesser skirmishes and conflicts. Greater conflicts could then be one of the few events in the purview of the IoW, like S1's Ionia vs Noxus. Summoners too strong? Make it much clearer that their summoning and capture of otherworldly beings is extremely taxing and disturbing unless those beings see some use in allowing themselves to be 'controlled'. Not enough motivations? Add more into the lore or clarify some benefits. I found Sivir actually being the heir to a long lost civilization to be interesting. Syndra could be joining it to trick the IoW into giving her domain protection as she builds up her strength. The different gods? Either some Trojan War-esque motivations/Cold War proxy wars/idols and golems brought to life by the mutual cooperation of different nations. If they want to avoid destroying the efficacy of the lore, their goal should be alterations and clarifications, not total erasure. I used to read every piece of lore I could come across, after all the retcons? Can't be asked, what's to stop a Season 12 announcement of yet another retcon?
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9chvtwMp,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-03-07T23:23:59.999+0000) > > The old lore was flawed, yes, but they should've worked with the IoW instead of nuking the world. > Doing so only showed a lack of vision, creativity, and respect for those who actually bothered to read their lore. > I loved the idea of the League of Legends as it was reminiscent of the League of Nations, and I found that to be a very interesting hook into getting to know all these warriors engaging in gladiatorial combat. > > They think they made the IoW too powerful, thus had to be erased? > They had the PERFECT excuse to have it fall from grace in the Journal of Justice. > Discuss how much cooperation they need from other nations to fund their majicks. > Have essential artifacts be stolen, sabotaged, and/or destroyed. > Show that the organization could never survive a siege scenario w/o the help of other states. > Any of these would make it so that the IoW would have trouble intervening in lesser skirmishes and conflicts. > Greater conflicts could then be one of the few events in the purview of the IoW, like S1's Ionia vs Noxus. > > Summoners too strong? > Make it much clearer that their summoning and capture of otherworldly beings is extremely taxing and disturbing unless those beings see some use in allowing themselves to be 'controlled'. > > Not enough motivations? Add more into the lore or clarify some benefits. > I found Sivir actually being the heir to a long lost civilization to be interesting. > Syndra could be joining it to trick the IoW into giving her domain protection as she builds up her strength. > The different gods? Either some Trojan War-esque motivations/Cold War proxy wars/idols and golems brought to life by the mutual cooperation of different nations. > > If they want to avoid destroying the efficacy of the lore, their goal should be alterations and clarifications, not total erasure. > I used to read every piece of lore I could come across, after all the retcons? > Can't be asked, what's to stop a Season 12 announcement of yet another retcon? Cause this lore is good unlike the old one that was just a bunch of fanfics.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=lowrankhero,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9chvtwMp,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T22:20:27.789+0000) > > No, not really Mhm. You think The Empire in Warhammer would be free to be outright removed?
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9chvtwMp,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T22:22:38.143+0000) > > Mhm. You think The Empire in Warhammer would be free to be outright removed? This is not warhammer tho. Warhammer was always an enstablished universe where everything could happen, and events werent cock blocked by random guys that are big dick energy raging at eachother cause someone stole mid and blue buff
Falrein (EUW)
: {{champion:134}} is one of the Black Mist's biggest threat due to her magical fallout. We don't know what type of magic is the Black Mist, but if we assume it's Spirit Magic (and there isn't much to support that) that's entirely possible... Right?
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fuTUKIYw,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-07T11:39:16.572+0000) > > {{champion:134}} is one of the Black Mist's biggest threat due to her magical fallout. We don't know what type of magic is the Black Mist, but if we assume it's Spirit Magic (and there isn't much to support that) that's entirely possible... Right? IF it is spirit magic, yes. But it might be different than Spiritual magic most prob since its more necromancy and undead. It might be the exact opposite actually.
: Things you hope to see in the upcoming Lux comic
I just dont want her to be the main character of the novelle causr shr would prob stop a big fight. I want a big battle taking place in the present betwen Sylas's revolution and Demacian army
: Well, in the end he’s “Our big Metal Boi”. *USSR Anthem playing*
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EaVIFrUG,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-03-04T23:55:29.493+0000) > > Well, in the end he’s “Our big Metal Boi”. > *USSR Anthem playing* I've taught you well the arts of communism memes and starving
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EaVIFrUG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-04T22:28:39.910+0000) > > I think if anyone has the honor of calling him "my big metal boi" it's Malicious Metal. yea cause he's the only Mord main in the world.. *fart noise
> [{quoted}](name=ODiiiiiN,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EaVIFrUG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-04T22:34:39.482+0000) > > yea cause he's the only Mord main in the world.. *fart noise He is the biggest one. I for one can't wait for Morde rework even if Im not a morde main. Ngl I dont like Morde because of the metal theme I'm more attractes to him cause of his other theme aka the dark evil overlord.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=89xO9qch,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-03-04T06:47:50.610+0000) > > I'll say this again as I did before. That spell required the Chalicar, an extremly unique Ascended weapon, and it was required to be cast by a Darkin. It's not just "Oh Diana can 1 shot Ascended with the moon" because she can't. I mean, nobody is saying Diana can "one shot" Ascended, but Moon magic is probably still the best bet to defeating the Darkin. Also, the Chalicar came from Targon, which is also the place the Aspect of the Moon (and Moon magic in general) comes from, so that's a correlation for you.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=89xO9qch,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-03-04T07:07:50.353+0000) > > I mean, nobody is saying Diana can "one shot" Ascended, but Moon magic is probably still the best bet to defeating the Darkin. > > Also, the Chalicar came from Targon, which is also the place the Aspect of the Moon (and Moon magic in general) comes from, so that's a correlation for you. I saw some people here claiming Diana can pull off the same trick by herself that's why I clarified
Show more

RyzeTheSmurfMage

Level 120 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion