: The Good, The Bad, and the League: 1/10 - 1/16
Can I just say Im not experiencing wrong season border but rather wrong rank border.. My higher rank is plat in Flex but my border is gold for soloDuo. Hope it resolves soon
: > [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L6GpaWys,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-22T16:39:00.969+0000) > > She might just have a connection to the "untainted" iceborn like braum. > > Would somehow make sense given that lissandra represents the opposite side and those two are hostile to eachother. In her old lore, yes. But with Lissa's new bio, it doesn't make sense. Lissandra is TRYING to hoard true ice to stop the Watchers, because she was retconned to not be able to make true ice or dark ice anymore, so given that Anivia is one of the few entities know that CAN create true ice, it would seem to me that Lissandra's new lore should have her kissing ass to Anivia instead of antagonizing her. And also, Lissandra's Iceborn aren't tainted, unless they become corrupted by the Void when she sends them to check on the seals and mend them. She's just created a cult and instilled within them certain ideals, but they're not actually tainted.
No, lissandra is unaffiliatd and that will remain toward anivia... We dont know if anivia can create true ice..she will get new lore so we need to wait.. Anivia and liss were always enemies and that wont change! She will force nunu to make her true ice and except she still posesses some so no rush
Naalith (NA)
: Wishlist for the next Awaken-esque game cinematic?
I like the wish list{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: You left out his connection to Lissandra being the one who blinded her, he must know who she is and what she's done. Aware that she is the one manipulating history.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Xeq82VJF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-22T19:54:02.610+0000) > > You left out his connection to Lissandra being the one who blinded her, he must know who she is and what she's done. Aware that she is the one manipulating history. No not really, She was just a fool thinking she can gain more power right in front of his eyes.. thats all He just wanted to show her to sit the f down, he saw he as an arrogant individual who needed to be put in her place.... And besides, she was nobody at the time volibear blinded her, it was after that that she sealed the watchers
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Xeq82VJF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-22T16:46:45.479+0000) > > It is definitely plausible and would be a nice callback to his old lore. > > It also makes Volibear a more sympathetic character, because right now, he doesn't really have anything going for him except "big meanie that killed all of Ornn's followers and pisses lakes". > > However, most of all, I want his role in the Winter's Claw explained further. As we know, he has decided to throw in his lot with Sejuani in the War of the Three Sisters, but why? Does he believe that Sejuani is the only one who has the strength to stand against the Watchers when they return? Is Sejuani aware of what he is trying to do? Is he telling her? Is this why Sejuani is so focused on war and despises the peace the Avarosans bring? Because she fears it would leave them too weak to stand against the comming threat? Here's my thing. He's a demigod. Why does he need to have a multidimensional personality? Gods in myths do their own thing because they can, occasionally interfering in mortal affairs because they can, and sometimes rarely because of compassion. But the compassionate reason for stepping into mortal affairs is usually atypical, mostly because it almost always is underscored by some political move against another god or entity. So giving Volibear a large scrap of humanity by making him sympathetic doesn't work, and breaks down the nature of his godhood. Small degrees of sympathy worked with Ornn, because we understand he's ornery, and often neutral, but sometimes benevolent - it fits with him being the very aloof forge god who will help mortals on a whim or for a price. Anivia we also understand as being the most benevolent of the three, as she shows deep compassion for the people of the Freljord, and it fits with her being the goddess who cares for and treats mortals as her children of sorts, as we see her as a protectorate goddess. But Volibear? He embodies war, thunder, and anger. He's not a benevolent god, and in the scope of the pantheon, making him sympathetic breaks down how we view him, and makes him no different than the other motals in the game and lore. At that point, if we are seeing him in no different light as the other beings in the game, what even is the point of having him be a demigod then? Narratively speaking, you run into redundancy of characters and storytelling if you humanize everything, because then you don't have the non-human mentalities and beings to gauge humanity against. It's the same reason why Riot's insistence on making everyone gray characters and removing all of the good and evil character works against their world building, as you lose the scope of morality when the extremes disappear.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Xeq82VJF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-22T16:59:50.839+0000) > > Here's my thing. He's a demigod. Why does he need to have a multidimensional personality? Gods in myths do their own thing because they can, occasionally interfering in mortal affairs because they can, and sometimes rarely because of compassion. But the compassionate reason for stepping into mortal affairs is usually atypical, mostly because it almost always is underscored by some political move against another god or entity. > So giving Volibear a large scrap of humanity by making him sympathetic doesn't work, and breaks down the nature of his godhood. Small degrees of sympathy worked with Ornn, because we understand he's ornery, and often neutral, but sometimes benevolent - it fits with him being the very aloof forge god who will help mortals on a whim or for a price. Anivia we also understand as being the most benevolent of the three, as she shows deep compassion for the people of the Freljord, and it fits with her being the goddess who cares for and treats mortals as her children of sorts, as we see her as a protectorate goddess. But Volibear? He embodies war, thunder, and anger. He's not a benevolent god, and in the scope of the pantheon, making him sympathetic breaks down how we view him, and makes him no different than the other motals in the game and lore. At that point, if we are seeing him in no different light as the other beings in the game, what even is the point of having him be a demigod then? Narratively speaking, you run into redundancy of characters and storytelling if you humanize everything, because then you don't have the non-human mentalities and beings to gauge humanity against. It's the same reason why Riot's insistence on making everyone gray characters and removing all of the good and evil character works against their world building, as you lose the scope of morality when the extremes disappear. This is on point! The fact that Ornn and Volibear dont care about the humanity and being humanized plays perfectly into Lissandras plan! While she can go on manipulating and corrupting the demigods dont care and the only one who does,Anivia, is the easiest to get rid off.. Volibear is not about the void or the watchers, I dont think he even wittnessed them because they were sealed shortly after errupting at the Citadel. Again youre right the only one who couldve sensed something, if anything at all is Anivia. And to Answer the title; Im not quote sure that Volibear is the freljords swain, if you stretch it maybe...
: > [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Xeq82VJF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-22T15:31:16.250+0000) > > Volibear, being a demigod who was alive during both, would likely have knowledge of the Watchers and the war in Icathia. It's not so much a theory as it is completely _obvious._ He would know the Void wasn't stopped, only delayed, just as anyone else that old knows. He doesn't need any kind of foresight besides inference from the experience. > > The only way his situation is similar to Swain is that he's gathering an army. Swain's story doesn't imply the coming threat _he_ has been shown was the return of the Void-- it may be an entirely separate _demon_ uprising. > > If anything, the right comparison to make would be to the Aspect of Twilight. This is making assumptions. First of all, Ornn didn't really know or even care about the Three Sisters' dealings with the Watchers and their plans to trap them, not even when he built the bridge over the Howling Abyss for them. This was mainly because the Watchers themselves _have never been present in the world._ Volibear, by that stretch, may have encountered the Sisters' armies and even fought them, but again, _he would have never encountered the Watchers as the Watchers are currently in the Void seeking entry into this world_, something which Lissandra postponed with True Ice seals. So neither Volibear or Ornn would have come into direct contact with the Void unless they traveled into the Howling Abyss closer to where the Watcher's seals are cracking and the Void has corrupted the land, which I am of the impression that they probably haven't. In fact, the only one of the Freljordian demigods to have experience with the Watchers is Anivia, as her connection with True Ice allows her to sense corrupting influences on it, such as the Void. And also, none of the three would have gone to Icathia to witness the Void there. They are in the Freljord. Icathia is at the literal other side of the globe from them, and the internet nor postal service nor 6 o'clock news exist. Like Ornn and Anivia, Volibear is just like ward gods and demigods in our myths and legends. He does things on a whim, and he currently has beef with his brother, possibly his sister, and so amasses an army to antagonize them and have a pissing contest with the mortals for dominance over the Freljord. Sometimes, there doesn't need to be some convoluted reason for someone to do what they do, especially if they're gods.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Xeq82VJF,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-01-22T16:34:27.104+0000) > > This is making assumptions. First of all, Ornn didn't really know or even care about the Three Sisters' dealings with the Watchers and their plans to trap them, not even when he built the bridge over the Howling Abyss for them. This was mainly because the Watchers themselves _have never been present in the world._ Volibear, by that stretch, may have encountered the Sisters' armies and even fought them, but again, _he would have never encountered the Watchers as the Watchers are currently in the Void seeking entry into this world_, something which Lissandra postponed with True Ice seals. So neither Volibear or Ornn would have come into direct contact with the Void unless they traveled into the Howling Abyss closer to where the Watcher's seals are cracking and the Void has corrupted the land, which I am of the impression that they probably haven't. > In fact, the only one of the Freljordian demigods to have experience with the Watchers is Anivia, as her connection with True Ice allows her to sense corrupting influences on it, such as the Void. > And also, none of the three would have gone to Icathia to witness the Void there. They are in the Freljord. Icathia is at the literal other side of the globe from them, and the internet nor postal service nor 6 o'clock news exist. > > Like Ornn and Anivia, Volibear is just like ward gods and demigods in our myths and legends. He does things on a whim, and he currently has beef with his brother, possibly his sister, and so amasses an army to antagonize them and have a pissing contest with the mortals for dominance over the Freljord. Sometimes, there doesn't need to be some convoluted reason for someone to do what they do, especially if they're gods. This!
Moody P (NA)
: What has Anivia done in the Freljord? What's her purpose as a deity?
She represents the ever changing weather, the cold in the freljord.. We shouldnt discuss that part too much as she will get some lore in the future.. But what we know is that she is the protector of Freljord thats why she exists, she represents the Lands emotion (she mirrors the lands state). She is also connected to Ashe, seeking peace and unification for the freljord.. She is,uknown to Ashe, guiding her toward a great path of unity.. So her main purpose is protection, that is exactly hy she doesnt like Lissandra.. Anivia senses Darkness in her land, check out her quotes! By being the lands spirit, she is prone to corrpution ( hence why there is a Blackfrost Anivia skin, she was corrupted by lissandras darkness) and that makes her not want to protect Freljord anymore, which again is great for Lissandras plans
Terozu (NA)
: *skeptic And no, until they are explored they are nonCanon. That's simple fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hnMdTIE1,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-22T10:27:37.796+0000) > > *skeptic > > And no, until they are explored they are nonCanon. That's simple fact. Lewanor was right, these pretty much are/will be canon... This will happen in the future, so its pretty much set in stone
FireToa (NA)
: Jhin's Escape?!?!?
He is an Artist, he probably has a trap door under him.. Sadly even tho I want it so bad, Camille will not get him, he will get away!
: How would you rank your favourite Runeterra factions?
1.Freljord 2.Shadow Isles 3.The Void 4.Noxus 5.Ionia 6.Shurima 7.Piltover ...
Weensw (NA)
: If not for the fact that Maalcrom worked for Lissandra...do you guys think Ashe made the worst choice? It was clear that the real person that was in the wrong was Ashe's mother. Ending of issue 2 made it clear that Ashe supported her mother's wrong ways, only saved by the fact that she got lucky Maalcrom was working for Lissandra, thus blindly made the right choice, but the ends doesn't justify the means. Had Maalcrom not worked for Lissandra, it'd be implied that Ashe supports her mother's doings in throwing away innocent lives and marching her people to death treating their lives as cheap. By supporting her mother, Ashe is at least part of the dehumanization of her people. Thus supporting evil makes Ashe an evil person. Had Ashe really been a woman of justice, she'd of tried to make peace with Maalcrom the moment she is free'd from her mother if not for the fact that he worked for Lissandra.
> [{quoted}](name=Weensw,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-21T23:22:18.086+0000) > > If not for the fact that Maalcrom worked for Lissandra...do you guys think Ashe made the worst choice? It was clear that the real person that was in the wrong was Ashe's mother. Ending of issue 2 made it clear that Ashe supported her mother's wrong ways, only saved by the fact that she got lucky Maalcrom was working for Lissandra, thus blindly made the right choice, but the ends doesn't justify the means. Had Maalcrom not worked for Lissandra, it'd be implied that Ashe supports her mother's doings in throwing away innocent lives and marching her people to death treating their lives as cheap. > > By supporting her mother, Ashe is at least part of the dehumanization of her people. Thus supporting evil makes Ashe an evil person. Had Ashe really been a woman of justice, she'd of tried to make peace with Maalcrom the moment she is free'd from her mother if not for the fact that he worked for Lissandra. So what writers will always tell you is that there is no real goo or evil in Runeterra.. Every character things that he is mostly doing the right (good) thing. I think that Ashe was really under pressure from her mother and she didnt have much saying in it.. I mean you can see in Issue 1 that Ashe was always trying to stop her mom from going for that Avarosan throne. I wouldnt say she supported them, i would say she was quite against it but in Issue 2 Ashe was in such emotional pain, maybe regretting that she dindt support her mom while she was alive and by her side, so now to go after that Legend that grena always sought to complete would honor her Mother even if it means Ashes death(I would assume). Maalcrom working for Lissandra doesnt make her lucky not even a bit.. What makes her lucky is that Maalcrom was somewhat in love with her and the luck was in Maalcrom telling the frostguard that he can keep Grena from finding that bow and executing that legend.. Because by putting in a good word of faith, he didnt have to kill Ashe as long as she and Grena wouldnt go seek the bow.. But now that Ashe did go and find the bow Maalcrom had no choice but to try to kill her! (My theory is that Lissandra allowed Maalcrom to not kill Ashe, she probably knew he liked her so Lissandra wanted to test Maalcrom allegiance to the Frostguard.... but disregard this as its very complicated to get into)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r9k2gfTV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-21T13:40:18.537+0000) > > They need to start kissing some Lissandra ass, Poor girl hasnt been in one REAL cinematic... :( > Im glad camille got one tho, she looked like she is running this place :D No but seriously a lil promo cinematic with Lissandra's fuckin spooky ass emerging from a fog just gliding on ice shards with the Frostguard behind her? God damn...
> [{quoted}](name=Shooktopus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r9k2gfTV,comment-id=00020004,timestamp=2019-01-22T01:35:44.575+0000) > > No but seriously a lil promo cinematic with Lissandra's fuckin spooky ass emerging from a fog just gliding on ice shards with the Frostguard behind her? > > God damn... You hit the nail right on its damn head!! Exactly can we get some spooky lissandra ass gliding across the bridge or freezing people??`Cmon Riot!
: A New Journey
This is laughable at this point {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: I'm over Ionia for now. They need to let the shit rest before browbeating us with it again. We are currently inundated with Ionian lore and characters, and we are dying of thirst for lore for other areas, like correcting the HORRENDOUS Lissandra bio they fucked up, expanding on Demacia's currently infantile lore, and giving us another highlight on the Shadow Isles, because it's been YEARS.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=V9kIrcE9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-21T16:13:07.302+0000) > > I'm over Ionia for now. They need to let the shit rest before browbeating us with it again. We are currently inundated with Ionian lore and characters, and we are dying of thirst for lore for other areas, like correcting the HORRENDOUS Lissandra bio they fucked up, expanding on Demacia's currently infantile lore, and giving us another highlight on the Shadow Isles, because it's been YEARS. thumbs up
: I get that you like Lissandra. I like her too, but realistically, the only important Freljord characters are Targon/Void-related. Do you really care about some comic-filler trash who are just going to die at the end of the story? How is someone like Maalcrom going to stay relevant when you have have reincarnation, star weapons, world runes, demigods, and the Watchers? However, I think they could do more with Sejuani.
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1Ea4kVnG,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T16:41:40.034+0000) > > I get that you like Lissandra. I like her too, but realistically, the most important Freljord characters are Targon/Void-related. Do you really care about some comic-filler characters who are just going to die at the end of the story? > > How is Maalcrom going to stay relevant when you have already have Ashe, Sejuani, Lissandra, Brand, and the demigods? > > However, I agree that Sejuani has gotten nothing recently, which needs to change now. I understand your point, the Watchers give freljord great value.. But still everyone would like to know what happened when the watchers were sealed, at least that.. Lots of people like Maalcrom,he gives lots of insight into the frostguard and he isnt even dead... (btw I didnt down vote you)
King Lego (EUNE)
: While the video gave me chills
Camille also gave me goosebumps! That was iconic
: They've overlinked the lore; everything leads back to Targon and Shurima. You can't do much with the Freljord that hasn't already been done. Demacia is boring. They've never been too interesting, but Sylas hasn't created nowhere near the shake-up he could have. I don't know what you're looking for in the Shadow Isles (other than the Ruined King) when its power players are related to Noxus. Honestly, I'd rather Piltover be revisited or just move on to Bandle City.
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1Ea4kVnG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T16:25:18.208+0000) > > They've overlinked the lore; everything leads back to Targon and Shurima. You can't do much with the Freljord that hasn't already been done. > > Demacia is boring. They've never been too interesting, but Sylas hasn't created nowhere near the shake-up he could have. > > I don't know what you're looking for in the Shadow Isles (other than the Ruined King) when its power players are related to Noxus. > > Honestly, I'd rather Piltover be revisited or just move on to Bandle City. Strongly disagree...we have literally 0 Idea what is going on at the Frostguard and literally 0 Idea at what is going on with sejuani.. Most importantly Id still love a watcher-sealing story and we didnt get that yet... Theres plenty in the freljord left open...
: I hope not. Riot has the biggest throbbing boner for Noxus and Ionia, and quite frankly, I'm over it. It's been done to death, and it resurfaces every single time we get any champion, lore, or anything regarding either nation. Like Riot, we get it, but stop browbeating us with the war. There ARE OTHER WARS TO HIGHLIGHT. They completely glossed over major activities happening in Demacia, The Shadow Isles, and the Freljord.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1Ea4kVnG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-21T16:10:09.940+0000) > > I hope not. Riot has the biggest throbbing boner for Noxus and Ionia, and quite frankly, I'm over it. It's been done to death, and it resurfaces every single time we get any champion, lore, or anything regarding either nation. Like Riot, we get it, but stop browbeating us with the war. There ARE OTHER WARS TO HIGHLIGHT. They completely glossed over major activities happening in Demacia, The Shadow Isles, and the Freljord. Agreed
: Some still images from the 'Awaken' Cinematic Video (+32 Images)
Yo literally missed the fiercest, camille lol
Ligseo (EUW)
: Awaken
It was definitely a sick cinematic, I wonder what the future holds ? :D
: Riot needs to stop kissing Yasuo's ass
They need to start kissing some Lissandra ass, Poor girl hasnt been in one REAL cinematic... :( Im glad camille got one tho, she looked like she is running this place :D
: Awaken cinematic.
Im so excited for you, damn Camille straight up made me shi* my pants! She was fierce af! What a beautiful cinematic i loved camille the most, she is a bossssssss (Wouldve loved to see my Liss tho ..)
Febos (EUW)
: Dude, did you even read what I said? There's more than one rift to The Void. Read lore: - [Where Icathia once stood](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/where-icathia-once-stood/) - [Into the Abyss](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/nami/intotheabyss/59/) - [Ryze cinematic](https://youtu.be/oGnZk-_R0KQ?t=224) The one in Frejlord, in specific in the Howling Abyss, is just one of them. Don't incorrect me.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tUb1gssq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-19T17:27:59.722+0000) > > Dude, did you even read what I said? There's more than one rift to The Void. > Read lore: > > - [Where Icathia once stood](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/where-icathia-once-stood/) > - [Into the Abyss](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/nami/intotheabyss/59/) > - [Ryze cinematic](https://youtu.be/oGnZk-_R0KQ?t=224) > > The one in Frejlord, in specific in the Howling Abyss, is just one of them. > Don't incorrect me. My bad I didnt read it correctly but also no need to throw a tantrum because of it-.- The ryze cinematic Im guessing youre refering to the voidspown Ryze killed?
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tUb1gssq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-19T14:06:18.286+0000) > > So now the Void is like a cosmic vacuum that wants to swallow everything in existence. But now the portal thingy in Freljord is frozen Frejlord isn't the only place with a rift to The Void. The Void wants to destroy existence. As you said, The Void is nothingness, so anything that isn't "nothing" disturbs it. *** > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tUb1gssq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-19T14:06:18.286+0000) > > So that is why they have these little beings like kha, kog, vel, rek are running around and killing stuff You're thinking about The Void as a small scale thing. It isn't. Can't vouch for Kog'Maw or Cho'Gath, but voidborns exist in Runeterra because they spawned from one of the rifts. There's one in Shurima, one somewhere in the sea (probably near Bilgewater), one in Frejlord, probably one in Ionia and probably many more spread across Aurelion's creation. I reckon most voidborns came from Shurima. ######Now that It knows "reality" exists, It wants to destroy it. That includes everything in Aurelion's domain. > ### * [Aurelion Story](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/aurelionsol-color-story/)[](https://.) >[](https://.) I sense the Voidborn perversions of life tunneling through reality’s firmament, sending tides of unseen energy coursing through the aether. They shred the veil that separates nothingness and form with their unwelcome passage.[](https://.) They’re drawn to me, those multi-eyed, carapaced abominations. They seek to devour me, the greatest of their threats.[](https://.) From the epicenter of the corruption, I feel a will… hungry and indomitable, and far from the typical mindlessness I’m accustomed to from these Voidborn aberrations.[](https://.) Whatever exists on the other side is laughing.[](https://.) >[](https://.) That's what I really want to know. Is there some entity in The Void that we've yet to know about. Time will tell. *
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tUb1gssq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-19T17:01:39.408+0000) > > Frejlord isn't the only place with a rift to The Void. > The Void wants to destroy existence. As you said, The Void is nothingness, so anything that isn't "nothing" disturbs it. > *** > > You're thinking about The Void as a small scale thing. It isn't. > > Can't vouch for Kog'Maw or Cho'Gath, but void borns exist in Runeterra because they spawned from one of the rifts. There's one in Shurima, one somwhere in the sea (probably near Bilgewater), one in Frejlord, probably one in Ionia and probably many more spread across Aurelion's creation. I reckon most voidborns came from Shurima. > ######Now that It knows "reality" exists, It wants to destroy it. That includes everything in Aurelion's domain. Actually it very much is... The Portal from the void to the freljord was in the Abyss.. The watchers actually went through the portal,portal closed and before the could go anywhere Lissandra froze them under an Ice sheet...
: I really don't understand why they are putting Yasuo and Blitz in it since they were in last years video the climb. Like whats the point of repeating the same over and over while you have like 140 and something characters to choose from.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nqE4a8Ey,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-01-19T11:56:50.465+0000) > > I really don't understand why they are putting Yasuo and Blitz in it since they were in last years video the climb. Like whats the point of repeating the same over and over while you have like 140 and something characters to choose from. I hate the champions.. Literally we had Yasuo and BLitz not so long ago animated now again?!
: 2019 Login Screen
I hate it... Its always the same damn champions over and over again... Can we get some Lulu, some Rumble, Camille,Sejuani,Karthus!!!!!
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Can i ask if there will be a physical purchase of these 4 comics as a bundle in the future? Since i've never owned a comic in my life (was not familiar with the medium) and Ashe being my first champion that got me into League, i'm really itching for having a piece of Freljordian lore immortalized on paper. I'm really invested in Ashe's story and i love that i've seen her in her younger days and still holding to the belief that war with the tribes is not the answer to Freljord's prosperity as a whole. She's no doubt a strong Warmother on her own right but she doesn't see endless war as a way of achieving anything that will benefit their future generations.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=00040000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-17T22:02:59.728+0000) > > Can i ask if there will be a physical purchase of these 4 comics as a bundle in the future? > Since i've never owned a comic in my life (was not familiar with the medium) and Ashe being my first champion that got me into League, i'm really itching for having a piece of Freljordian lore immortalized on paper. > > I'm really invested in Ashe's story and i love that i've seen her in her younger days and still holding to the belief that war with the tribes is not the answer to Freljord's prosperity as a whole. She's no doubt a strong Warmother on her own right but she doesn't see endless war as a way of achieving anything that will benefit their future generations. There will be a physical issue coming in may that will contain all 4 Issues in one book! You will probably be able to purchase it on Amazon, I can in germany.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3xLpEqie,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-17T20:41:21.400+0000) > > I dont feel like Skins deserve long stories, i believe that that should be reserved for champions... > What I would honestly look for is short stories but only under the condition that it wouldnt inhibit the Lore release for our champions! > The Coven skin line seems very cool so Id love to see them get stories.. I also hope the skin line did well to deserve that :) This. Skin lore would be pretty cool, but it shouldn't be done if it slows the main lore. A more personal question, wanna join the lore Discord server? I'll give you the link if so
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3xLpEqie,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-17T20:47:25.555+0000) > > This. Skin lore would be pretty cool, but it shouldn't be done if it slows the main lore. > A more personal question, wanna join the lore Discord server? I'll give you the link if so Ye sure, thanks for the invite didnt even realize Discors lore was a thing :D
: Separate writers, separate resources. Skin lore will never impede or “slow down” development of main-canon lore. And yeah, Eclipse/Coven is uh... requested a lot. A whole lot.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3xLpEqie,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-01-17T21:43:22.467+0000) > > Separate writers, separate resources. Skin lore will never impede or “slow down” development of main-canon lore. > > And yeah, Eclipse/Coven is uh... requested a lot. A whole lot. Then im on board! Again now that we know it wont slow down real lore im for short stories for skins. And dont overdo it,my advice! And yes Coven skins are hot! definitely consider :)
: Respek to The Annie Bots and Box Boxes of the World
Thank you, I have 500k in Lissandra and I still love every second of playing her :P Everyday I play her I get excited all over again :)
: Skin Universe Lore in 2019: Alt Fantasy, Multiverse Theory, and You
I dont feel like Skins deserve long stories, i believe that that should be reserved for champions... What I would honestly look for is short stories but only under the condition that it wouldnt inhibit the Lore release for our champions! The Coven skin line seems very cool so Id love to see them get stories.. I also hope the skin line did well to deserve that :)
MS exceI (EUNE)
: About the Ashe comic
Theyre testing the waters thats why it isnt too long...
: Just one question since I don't want to read them: - Does it explain what Ashe's bow is and where it comes from? Is there anything newer than: "It's a trueice weapon used by Avarosa"?
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1ORpB7E9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-17T13:55:45.578+0000) > > Just one question since I don't want to read them: > > - Does it explain what Ashe's bow is and where it comes from? Is there anything newer than: "It's a trueice weapon used by Avarosa"? Weapons probably not from avarosa.. we dont know yet you need for other comics
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=000500000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:46:36.448+0000) > > YESSSSSS! > I knew my witch had it in her, she is the true Queen! > This reply makes me so happy thank you thank you for this :DD > Omg Im so excited I mean she has been alive for thousands of years she sure knows how to unleash her powers MAX level. > What an incredible mage she is, what incredible knowledge she posesses over magic, I can only Imagine!!! > Im so fascinated by what she has created,her Fortress, Her army, loyalty and duty to her and only her. > What great mind she has, my words cannot describe how happy I am with your reply! > Yes no doubt there are even more powerful frost priests that serve her, wow wow wow > {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:sg-lux}} I'm getting excited seeing you getting this excited because of your character lol. I can't imagine how it truly feels lol no love for Camille T__T
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=0005000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T13:40:20.893+0000) > > I'm getting excited seeing you getting this excited because of your character lol. I can't imagine how it truly feels lol no love for Camille T__T OMg thanks for sharing the excitement! :DD Having that confirmation is felt so great you cant imagine, but I do hope that Camille gets something,she seems like a great comic character tbh
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=00040000000000040000,timestamp=2019-01-17T11:21:53.595+0000) > > Map just got updated! I just checked I can't find anything new... Or I am missing something ¿
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=000400000000000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T13:31:40.541+0000) > > I just checked I can't find anything new... Or I am missing something ¿ Ghulfrost got added!
Chimecho (NA)
: Mastery 8 for one tricks?
I agree we need mastery 8 I dont understand why some people are against it literally I do not understand why??
: Can we get an Hide & Seek gamemode or bring back the old dominion ?
: > [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T19:00:02.902+0000) > > 1. Yes. And yes, though this is usually settled between the candidates. Another woman from the tribe will usually step forward. Often as it is blood relatives, this is settled peacefully or with a non-lethal duel. > Unhappy members of the tribe might offer themselves to another tribe as kin or thralls. But remember that ultimately magically gifted warriors are so much more powerful than a normal people, and the freljord is so dangerous that everyone wants to live under the protection of people with magic. So really your mostly looking for who will keep you and your children safe. Also people have noted that magical ability is usually passed from mother to child. --so female magical warriors are a better long term investment for your children's and grandchildren's survival. > > 2. It's not uncommon for a male to lead a tribe if they lack any female magical warriors-- but it's considered a tenuous position, and often a short term solution. Because you can't be sure he will have magical children. If the male leader is strong (and magical) he will usually look for a strong warmother, or skarthane to pledge his allegiance too-- thus the tribe he is in will become a clan under a larger tribe. Will we get some locations from this part as map pins ¿
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=0004000000000004,timestamp=2019-01-17T08:22:36.996+0000) > > Will we get some locations from this part as map pins ¿ Map just got updated!
: > [{quoted}](name=Nevrankroaton,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-17T08:09:26.025+0000) > > I... don't agree with this take. > > The idea is to make the opposition threatening, he is slaying EVERYONE in his ways. EVERYONE. > It is the number of people taken, the idea of incoming doom, the "easiness" of their death even. > > You present him and you don't know how strong he is, but you see during the comic that he never falter, he never go back, he kill everyone in his path. > > That is how you make a buble pop, how you introduct a narrative to a new dynamic. It isn't about Ashe's internal problem with her mother apparent madness, it isn't about the quest when he is here, it is about a new doom. Something that just destroyed among Freljord best warrior. > I think it is fair, I think it show that people that are spoken as incredible warrior are kind of "no match" against him. > > It prove how terrifying Lissandra army truly is. It just feels like Ashe doesn't stand a chance in the long run and we shouldn't bother cheering for her. Maalcrom is little more than a minion compared to Lissandra (a recent redpost on the matter described Lissandra as being able to do "some DBZ level shit, destroying armies".) If her best men can't stand up for even a split second against an enemy basic mob, why even care? It seems to me like if Yrael was shown fighting off Maalcrom, even just for a little while, we'd know for sure Iceborn aren't just some clowns with magical ice endurance. Even if they all died, the idea that there's at least a fighting chance against the lesser Frostguards would have made it better, i think.
> [{quoted}](name=GinoSoldier,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-01-17T10:29:40.917+0000) > > It just feels like Ashe doesn't stand a chance in the long run and we shouldn't bother cheering for her. Maalcrom is little more than a minion compared to Lissandra (a recent redpost on the matter described Lissandra as being able to do "some DBZ level shit, destroying armies".) If her best men can't stand up for even a split second against an enemy basic mob, why even care? > > It seems to me like if Yrael was shown fighting off Maalcrom, even just for a little while, we'd know for sure Iceborn aren't just some clowns with magical ice endurance. Even if they all died, the idea that there's at least a fighting chance against the lesser Frostguards would have made it better, i think. SPOILER DONT READ The reason to cheer for Ashe is because she can do it, she can be stronger than Maalcrom or the other priests.. ALL she needs is time! She needs time to learn she needs time to become the in game character, probably Runeterras best archer! She has a chance she just needs to learn all we saw was her barely picking up a bow and surviving.. And yes Lissandras army is terrifying but Ashe can kill so many so quickly, she just needs time to become the in game archer she is :) Once Ashe has reached her full potential she will teach others and she will rise, the comic wants you to start cheering for her because she has the potential to do so... You cant blame her for being weak she barely became an Iceborn ,where as Lissandra has been one for literally thousands of years
Qazsarea (NA)
: 1.Q: While Ashe was hallucinating on top of that Lake did she actually see Anivia there or was it also an Illusion? This was very likely an illusion, since Anivia wouldn't have an interest in Ashe's journey just to appear once. There's also the design of the Anivia we see in the comic. It's not particularly accurate to "real" Anivia from the game, so it's probably Ashe's interpretation of what she looks like, again enforcing the idea she's also an illusion. 2.Q: Why do the Draklorn use Dark Ice? I know its sacred at the Citadel but still why? It was mentioned that it was more dangerous than True Ice,how? P sure the Rioter answers are p good for clearing this up. But I think they use the Dark Ice because it has ties to Lissandra and her magic since she is the one to corrupt it. This is also why it's probably more dangerous. The magic is inherently corrupting. 3.Q: Lissandra's Bio Intro says that she still corrupts True ice,so just to be clear the Dark Ice is Lissandras doing? Are they honoring her by using it? Yea I'd say so. Admittedly the above answer is totally just a theory but I feel it holds up. 4.Q: What battle took place in where Ashe found her bow? If I were to take a guess, I'd say it's the one where Lissandra freezes over her sisters and their armies, since we find the weapon of one of the sisters AND see soldiers mid combat frozen, which is consistent to what Lissandra has done in the past. "Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted." 5.Q: Who's grave was it? See above again to answer this. 6.Q: Is there really Avarosas Golden Hall with Mountains of True Ice? If there was it's never mentioned in lore outside of these comics and Ashe's new lore. I would argue heavily AGAINST the existence of such a place since I don't see Avarosa having the time or resources to create such a thing. It seems the sisters spent most of their life fighting and together. To create her own fancy hall is something that seems . . . unreasonable. It should be noted that Q4 and Q5 are possibly contradicted by Swain. However it could be the OTHER sister's bow and "grave".
> [{quoted}](name=Qazsarea,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-17T06:00:03.635+0000) > > 1.Q: While Ashe was hallucinating on top of that Lake did she actually see Anivia there or was it also an Illusion? > This was very likely an illusion, since Anivia wouldn't have an interest in Ashe's journey just to appear once. There's also the design of the Anivia we see in the comic. It's not particularly accurate to "real" Anivia from the game, so it's probably Ashe's interpretation of what she looks like, again enforcing the idea she's also an illusion. > 2.Q: Why do the Draklorn use Dark Ice? I know its sacred at the Citadel but still why? It was mentioned that it was more dangerous than True Ice,how? > P sure the Rioter answers are p good for clearing this up. But I think they use the Dark Ice because it has ties to Lissandra and her magic since she is the one to corrupt it. This is also why it's probably more dangerous. The magic is inherently corrupting. > 3.Q: Lissandra's Bio Intro says that she still corrupts True ice,so just to be clear the Dark Ice is Lissandras doing? Are they honoring her by using it? > Yea I'd say so. Admittedly the above answer is totally just a theory but I feel it holds up. > 4.Q: What battle took place in where Ashe found her bow? > If I were to take a guess, I'd say it's the one where Lissandra freezes over her sisters and their armies, since we find the weapon of one of the sisters AND see soldiers mid combat frozen, which is consistent to what Lissandra has done in the past. "Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted." > 5.Q: Who's grave was it? > See above again to answer this. > 6.Q: Is there really Avarosas Golden Hall with Mountains of True Ice? > If there was it's never mentioned in lore outside of these comics and Ashe's new lore. I would argue heavily AGAINST the existence of such a place since I don't see Avarosa having the time or resources to create such a thing. It seems the sisters spent most of their life fighting and together. To create her own fancy hall is something that seems . . . unreasonable. > > It should be noted that Q4 and Q5 are possibly contradicted by Swain. However it could be the OTHER sister's bow and "grave". I would agree with most of the answers.. Maybe the frozen lake are the warriors that fought the void BUT The void is sealed below the frostguard and that lake is far away.. Do you think that her magic expanded and like a huge blast and froze everyone around the frostguard?
: I share with many a common disappointment in how poorly Macron's character was handed. Also, every side character in lol lore dies. It's starting to become a cliche at that point. That said, it is a pleasure to see lol lore finally fleshing out.
> [{quoted}](name=GelsominoKiller,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-17T00:12:54.670+0000) > > I share with many a common disappointment in how poorly Macron's character was handed. > > Also, every side character in lol lore dies. It's starting to become a cliche at that point. > > That said, it is a pleasure to see lol lore finally fleshing out. You need to pay attention about Maalcrom that is all that I will say ;)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:57:03.751+0000) > > Hell no XDDDDDDD omg yes this is even better *drops dead* btw go to my post last reply Holy shit. Now I'm waiting for the reply to see if other high-tier mages that have similar traits to Lissandra can too (ex: Ryze and Vlad. Both are ancient, very knowledgeable, and have full mastery over their respective types of magic)
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T23:22:42.293+0000) > > Holy shit. Now I'm waiting for the reply to see if other high-tier mages that have similar traits to Lissandra can too (ex: Ryze and Vlad. Both are ancient, very knowledgeable, and have full mastery over their respective types of magic) Good question, I Mean we saw Ryzes powers in many cinematics you are very very lucky that he is very much involved all sorts of media! Ryze can wreck havoc if he had enough XD (although that Sona cinematic isnt his strongest card,was probably exhausted).. As for Vlad I doubt it, I think blood magic is great magic to use on oneself or another person but I dont think that is has great potential in fighting many enemies because if it would the Darkin wouldve used it in fights but they dont, they use their raw power to fight because its reliant.. Ive always said it, lissandra has incredible knowledge and power to wield! She is very smart... I mean she certainly had time to learn! Holy shit INDEED!! Reply on my thread if you wish to!
: > [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-16T18:29:50.186+0000) > > You think he is alive? Well Ive checked and in the special edition in the notes it says that Ashe ,,anihhilates maalcrom into a wall of ice, so It probably pierced him and it didnt freeze him (Maybe sejuanis weapon works like that at least in game but not Ashes bow).. > If you check the comic again you will see that Maalcrom held his hand in front of the arrow so maybe he barely stopped it from killing him? > Maybe if he survived he healed himself but I doubt that he lives... > > Ye XD you shall not pass moment wouldve been iconic but anyway id like to see more of Maalcrom too! > MAJOR THEORY if Maalcrom lived and the last Issue is on the Frostguard maybe we will see him return to the gates of the frostguard wounded?? OMG Special edition? Caan you please telle me where do you find it? And what does it have in addition to the normal one?
> [{quoted}](name=DriveGuido,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-01-16T23:28:10.866+0000) > > Special edition? Caan you please telle me where do you find it? And what does it have in addition to the normal one? The special edition has additional pictures (sketches!) and it has scripts (raw writing that shows the thought process and lets you udnerstand the story easier and from a writers raw perspective) It is definitely worth it! Go to comicology and type in Ashe.. You will see Issue 1 and 2 there, you can read them online there after buying the or in the app
: They are good questions! But.... The remaining questions are at this point... left to be questions. They are intentionally left open. If i revealed answers it would telegraph some of the plot and give the reader information that Ashe herself doesn't have. So, I'm not even gonna say when, which, or if they will be answered. IMHO stories are often motivated by the audience's questions and a sense that there is an underlying logic and momentum towards something greater. Iceborn, knowing your focus on Lissandra I will say you may have to wait a while for some of stuff you want-- but there is a plan and personally I think it will pay off for you.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=0004000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T23:21:13.721+0000) > > They are good questions! > > But.... > > The remaining questions are at this point... left to be questions. > They are intentionally left open. If i revealed answers it would telegraph some of the plot and give the reader information that Ashe herself doesn't have. So, I'm not even gonna say when, which, or if they will be answered. > > IMHO stories are often motivated by the audience's questions and a sense that there is an underlying logic and momentum towards something greater. > > Iceborn, knowing your focus on Lissandra I will say you may have to wait a while for some of stuff you want-- but there is a plan and personally I think it will pay off for you. I appreciate your answer, I will wait patiently , thank you again! You answered to the best of your abilites and the other shall be revealed in due time, I understand. Your engagement on the boards is greatly appreciated Odin, you and the Lore team deserve all the support!
: I loved it too, but it's pretty hard to wait a month for every chapter {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
> [{quoted}](name=DriveGuido,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=d2kp3Boj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-16T23:11:09.621+0000) > > I loved it too, but it's pretty hard to wait a month for every chapter {{sticker:sg-soraka}} They will be coming out much sooner if people read them and buy them.. All the support counts :) Tell your friends who enjoy comics, great way to start learnig about the League universe even if theyre not playing the game
: {{champion:22}} ; I am the daughter of Grena. I am Ashe. I am the bow. I am.... **_THE SENATE_** http://imgur.com/a/lCRYxMX
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:54:40.379+0000) > > {{champion:22}} ; I am the daughter of Grena. I am Ashe. I am the bow. I am.... > **_THE SENATE_** > http://imgur.com/a/lCRYxMX Hell no XDDDDDDD omg yes this is even better *drops dead* btw go to my post last reply
: I am the hammers! *proceeds to get slashed by Maalcrom's Dark Ice magic* I am the dead!
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sAbQJxOo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:51:07.053+0000) > > I am the hammers! > *proceeds to get slashed by Maalcrom's Dark Ice magic* > I am the dead! This is a funny one XDDD gj
: there will be more, and more powerful frost priests than Maalcrom. And while he is definitely gone (for now.) Keep in mind he was not very high ranking in the organization. Lissandra is capable of some DBZ level stuff-- destroying whole armies by herself.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=00050000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:38:51.408+0000) > > there will be more, and more powerful frost priests than Maalcrom. > > And while he is definitely gone (for now.) Keep in mind he was not very high ranking in the organization. Lissandra is capable of some DBZ level stuff-- destroying whole armies by herself. YESSSSSS! I knew my witch had it in her, she is the true Queen! This reply makes me so happy thank you thank you for this :DD Omg Im so excited I mean she has been alive for thousands of years she sure knows how to unleash her powers MAX level. What an incredible mage she is, what incredible knowledge she posesses over magic, I can only Imagine!!! Im so fascinated by what she has created,her Fortress, Her army, loyalty and duty to her and only her. What great mind she has, my words cannot describe how happy I am with your reply! Yes no doubt there are even more powerful frost priests that serve her, wow wow wow {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:sg-lux}}
Echoing (NA)
: "I am Yrael. I am the hammers."
Yrael fulfilled his duty his essential position is first an Oathsworn before a warrior and he showed what oathsworn do for the tribe.. Now he is no longer needed
: Correct. It would be rare for a women not to pass the traits.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7AVXxNMa,comment-id=00040000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-16T22:29:20.890+0000) > > Correct. It would be rare for a women not to pass the traits. Odin, will I find the answer to the remaining questions/answers in the incoming comics? Or are you signaling me that you cant answer the others (I need a subliminal message help me out here :P)
Show more

The Iceborn

Level 126 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion