: Champion pool getting smaller and smaller when its getting bigger and bigger
> [{quoted}](name=Cosmochris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1PE67TJA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-16T19:01:20.637+0000) > > kind of wish I can play others without having my teammates calling me a troll here is where /fullmute all comes in handy :)
: Aatrox dropped to 42.75% Winrate this patch
i quite honestly tought that aatrox was in a pretty good spot in the meta since most people dont hit all q's and he is easy ish to build against. just build executioner and randuin and he cant do shit.
xelaker (NA)
: Have you heard of this thing called... money? {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}}
> [{quoted}](name=xelaker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ur5sesn2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-11T18:17:22.059+0000) > > Have you heard of this thing called... money? {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}} What is that money thing you are talking about? would you like to elaborate.
: We knew how Kai'sa would turn out.
jUsT BuY {{item:3110}} OmeGalUL
Rioter Comments
: Why Do Simple Gameplay Concepts Seem Completely Lost On People?
simple answer is that people just play the meta top 3 pick so they dont really need any of that to get fed and snowball. be unkillable and such. kind of sad yes. riot is bad at balance yes. this game fucking sucks, yes. you can make it to diamond with a bad champ and a bad build if you have good gamesense but it goes the other way too.
: Why everyone is ragequitting even in ranked now?
because playing from behind is worse than ever before. whats the point of playing if you cant even get into xp range.
: Champs feel unskilled now
they all are just. hover your mouse over the enemy and button smash unlike before it was like. can i kill this man? if no = dont go in If yes = go in now its always just go in doesnt matter if the enemy has half an item more and lvl advantage.
: Idk why you're complaining about Kai'sa when Akali exists I'd rather fight Kai'sa every game for the next 10 years then play with another GOD DAMN **AKALI**
just because the other one is a problem doesnt mean the other one isnt. both of them have bs kits.
Syte (NA)
: RYZE E TRAVEL SPEED
or how about you wait like everybody else. you are not supposed to hit your keyboard as hard as possible. smh ryze mains
: Don't all the plants have a fixed location and a time limit before they pop up?
yes and no. they arent like jungle camps. sometimes they are there. sometimes they arent. they take 1 autoattack. also honey fruits have random spawn to my knolidge.
Ruh (EUNE)
: You don't need to. Kled has healing reduction in his kit, so does Katarina, and she's currently sitting at a nice 55% wr against sylas mid. Kled is sitting at 60% wr against Sylas top. There're champion counters to Sylas, just like Fizz's E can counter Zed's R.
> [{quoted}](name=Ruh,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p4sI0i4G,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-06T08:48:18.652+0000) > > You don't need to. Kled has healing reduction in his kit, so does Katarina, and she's currently sitting at a nice 55% wr against sylas mid. Kled is sitting at 60% wr against Sylas top. There're champion counters to Sylas, just like Fizz's E can counter Zed's R. WOW. 2 whole champions who dont need a must item????? what is this. its almost like the stat is a requirement to win games. what is this. who could have seen this comming. and i wouldnt call it the same as fizz e counter zed r. zed r is dmg and inflicting dmg on the enemy but healing is more unhealty in those amounts. also fizz is literally the ability. but the healing reduction is simply a stat
Ruh (EUNE)
: You can't be seriously comparing a ranged AA buff to a melee one? Lucian has attack speed to his advantage in this case, where as Sylas has the damage. Lucian can just W+AA+E+AA+Q+AA or whatever the order of skills is with having AAs in between. The damage on Sylas (if you don't build ANY magic resist) is strong, not gonna lie (it's basically if you don't build armor against ADCs), but the combo said in the original comment is exclusively if you don't have any magic resist/sylas is fed as fuck and you're literally sitting in his melee range (since the comment proposes he misses 2nd E). I don't think any living being has the mental capacity to lose that trade if they go 50/50 with Sylas in lane. ALSO, JUST GET BLOODY GREVIOUS WOUNDS. MORELLO IF YOU'RE APC. IT'S LIKE YOU'RE PLAYING VS ADC/AATROX/ILLAOI. GET THE HEAL REDUCTION.
it shouldnt be a requirement to build healing reduction to fight a champion. like are you required to build zonyas to fight a zed? yes it helps but you arent required to. the reason we are in this state is that people started building healing reduction, healing tanks and healers got buffed for compensation, and now you are required to go healing reduction. its honestly quite r%%%%%ed
Anatera (NA)
: It's very funny to see Sylas solo kill basically everybody because of his overloaded sustain
: > [{quoted}](name=AquariusGine,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ruU9u4YO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-05T19:31:16.882+0000) > > Who is that champion? Its the new one coming out, Cockroach Champion xD
and skarner and elise is a direct counter to him.
: Turret plating is honestly the worst thing I've ever seen added to the game next to rng scuttles
: Kai'sa every game
i would say 3rd is cait and then maybe xayah
Enderkk (NA)
: Lol I go troll strats all the time, not in ranked but in norms with my friends. Azir adc, Swain adc, Malzahar support, sion mid. I only pick these and others in certain situations but I can usually have a decent amount of success.
i dont understand how this is troll? they all have a decent success rate and were even once meta. and that should mean that they can work at a decent level. can you say double jungle was ever meta?
: although mid Shaco might not be viable right now. Support Shaco for sure is, It's been my most played lane for Shaco recently. Definitely a lot more entertaining than top or mid.
support shaco is just as or even more succesful than jungle at the moment some would argue.
Lapis (OCE)
: I mean, you can still do most of those things. Even though you really shouldn't unless you're in a premade. If you're using these strategies, then you probably don't care too much about winning. And if you don't care about winning, then why not do it anyway?
i care about having fun. winning or at least not inting is fun. i am not trying to lose and i had about 40% winrate with these strats and i could actually do stuff. now you just fall behind
: > i used to go smite support or mid shaco and then occasionally take enemy jungle but now that is ruined with minion gold reduction Supports shouldn't really care about minion gold. Also you can just not pick jungle item > you are ruining every fun aspect of the game by the season just because people abused it. Thats how the world works, unfortunately. It would be much easier if everyone was nice and nnobody would abuse anything. Also, playing against shaco is not really fun, especially if he uses such 0 interaction strats > you also ruined smite on lane but now that minion gold is reduced with the item you cant go blue smite for extra mobility. 1k gold for a weak ghost+weak exhaust with low cd and is also good for getting objectives and also gives you healing and bonuses against jungle camps? Jungle items are so fucking strong(and they have to be, otherwise junglers will be too weak, and if you compensate with jungle camps givin more gold and being easier to kill, we will return to the funneling meta), without such limitations there would be 2-3 smites per team. > you ruined double jungle with a friend. How exactly? It was never good, there isn't enough resources for 2 jungers to justify leaving someone 1x2 bot
it wasnt good. none of these were very good but they were fun. now double jungle is almost unplayable
Lapis (OCE)
: I mean, you can still do most of those things. Even though you really shouldn't unless you're in a premade. If you're using these strategies, then you probably don't care too much about winning. And if you don't care about winning, then why not do it anyway?
you will be behind in xp and gold by a significant amount not to mention that being behind is now worse than ever. its just not fun to be 3 levels behind everyone and 2 items. and no. most of them dont work at all
Rioter Comments
good rat (EUW)
: Why does riot care about toxicity so much, there are more important problems
i have been muting everyone at the beginning of the game for a year now and im honestly fine with the verbal shit but people inting and afk ing is so much worse. like really. i had a nunu take ghost cleance. run mid. die and afk. and he didnt get noting
iiGazeii (NA)
: Both Stomping and getting stomped suck
Po wer minion also known as creep
: > [{quoted}](name=Useless Jester,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zcB1tncF,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-01T21:01:28.454+0000) > > it really doesnt work like that. they would have to think how much and for whom. 170 champs so that will take a while and they haven't even started.
well yes because they have said that they balance for e+sports and not for the playerbases fun
: > [{quoted}](name=Useless Jester,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zcB1tncF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-01T19:33:41.377+0000) > > unlike balancing this is super easy to change. > > also this used to be bigger so im complaining about them making it smaller Balancing could be as simple as nerfing damage across the board so I as a Sejuani am not able to one v one bruisers or late game adcs even if I miss say my ultimate or the second part of W.
it really doesnt work like that. they would have to think how much and for whom. 170 champs so that will take a while
musixxal (EUW)
: it's been made smaller because people were complaining about their mastery showing and others having expectations on their gameplay.
that is super stupid and also there is mute all at the start of game
: Broken meta in right now where everyone one shots everyone and balance is horrendous and you want Riot to focus on the size of mastery points?
unlike balancing this is super easy to change. also this used to be bigger so im complaining about them making it smaller
Rioter Comments
Abyz (EUW)
: So Ryze is still a no skill champion, Akali has now a 3 minute ultimate CD as an assassin (omegalul), no power has been added back to her like you said you would (unless you first ship nerfs then buffs ?) and these changes to Aatrox are so over the top it's ridiculous, his ultimate movespeed is way too often not enough by itself to the point that you need to take Nimbus Cloak to make it effective. Aatrox already gets kited to death by every late game adcs, and his scaling doesn't allow him to solo an adc that has lifesteal (he also can't solo Vayne, Tristana orCait at pretty much any time in the game). Cutting the movespeed in half is ridiculous, maybe lowering it overall would be fine, but straight up half is stupid. Also why do you not remove Kled's Q buffs, they make no sense at all with the theme of the champion, it's just stupid and Keld was already strong, he didn't need any help. The game is broken to the point that the best players there is are playing Garen in pro play ... High elo and especially pro play should be skilled champion only, it makes no sense that no skill champs (literally like Garen, Rammus, Malzahar ... This type of bot champs) are playable or even effective in a pro environment, the highest level of play should bring the highest level of champions, because it just makes sense ... You can't have the most skilled players play the dumbest champions, it just sounds wrong at all levels. If a pro team can't stop a Garen, it's not okay. Champions like that are supposed to have extremely straight forwards counterplay, and should be abusable in a high level game. But these no skills champs are so overtuned that they somehow work in pro, idk ...
aatrox is a bruiser right? well waht class is supposed to counter bruisers??? oh right adc's
: Okay so, let me get it right: we do not have a crit implanted in our kit anymore, now. It seems that building crit is stronger, somehow? Will lethality still be viable on Shaco, despite E being magical now? I wish Q stealth was a flat duration at all level, so we don't need to level it up at all. I love the fast trigger of boxes on R, however, I'd like to remind you guys that explosion damage was already nerfed in the past with the new addition of these "mini-boxes", and now explosion is nerfed once again despite having very little damage (for AD). Other than that, I absolutely love the changes so far, the bonus damage on feared targets is definetely rewarding for being able to proc boxes on an enemy and trick them into traps and more. And finally, the E may be a REAL ability now, we needed an execute. As I always say: we don't want Shaco to be super-strong OP or anything, we just want him to become fun to play again, please keep this in mind while doing changes!
e was much better pre physical dmg and i can almost quarantee it will be better against an adc with ga
Meddler (NA)
: We're testing a range of things. Sharing below, please note these aren't confirmed and wouldn't necessarily all ship even if they did work out. We haven't done full power testing for example so this is a list of things being tried NOT a proposed change list. Goal is for both AD and AP Shaco to be well supported builds with each having a distinct playstyle. P * Bonus damage on targets you're behind or that are feared * Passive attacks can crit * Deceive benefits from passive to some degree Q * Stealth to 2.5-3.5 by level * Lower CD, CD doesn't reduce if triggering Deceive's bonus damage * AD ratio down, bonus damage can crit though * AP ratio removed E * Deals magic damage instead of physical * Bonus AD ratio in addition to AP ratio * 50% increased damage on enemies below 30% instead of 0-50% increased damage by enemy missing health R * Boxes trigger immediately and fear duration is 1.5s flat * Explosion damage reduced
i do not really like this R change. or the passive change in particular but other than that its good
Nekorus (NA)
: honestly i love old morde 999x more than new morde because of his 1v2 potential. Now morde is just a 1v1 and i always remember 1v2ing the enemy top and jg early game because they forget about my heal on w and i ALWAYS rushed gunblade and never rylias or anything else..always gunblade because of the healing and its active dmg. the harass is insane and by the time the enemy jg comes u just ult ignite the enemy top and they give u ghost to help u kill the enemy jg. the rework just made him so different which i can understand since he was considered a bad champ. I just hope they keep {{champion:35}} similar to what he is now.
> [{quoted}](name=Nekorus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FYds4Boj,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:16:14.926+0000) > > honestly i love old morde 999x more than new morde because of his 1v2 potential. Now morde is just a 1v1 and i always remember 1v2ing the enemy top and jg early game because they forget about my heal on w and i ALWAYS rushed gunblade and never rylias or anything else..always gunblade because of the healing and its active dmg. the harass is insane and by the time the enemy jg comes u just ult ignite the enemy top and they give u ghost to help u kill the enemy jg. the rework just made him so different which i can understand since he was considered a bad champ. I just hope they keep {{champion:35}} similar to what he is now. ay. same
Hotarµ (NA)
: Mordekaiser mains, now that some time has passed, how do you feel about the rework?
i wasnt a super big main but im pretty sure i had like 20k points and i have played 1 game of new morde and didnt like it. totally different. mostly because there is no other character to move
: and here is where shortened camp timers would make jungle a thing again. also skarner has a good af clear and goes talisman so... shaco will take like 400hp dmg if he doesnt have tiamat from grugs. and what do you know about jungle. u barely play it. the problem is that junglers can leach xp from solo lanes and get the same amount of xp as enemy jungler because jungle xp was nerffed so you are same level as bot???? why do u not understand basic fundementials of jungle and try to make good arguments. also you cannot say it is healthy for a game to have 1 camp that is significantly more important than others.
also last time you propperly played jungle on that account atleast was season 5 which was a totally different time
: I did Krugs lvl 2 on Skarner just fine before his passive even reached them. Anyone can do Krugs second. Look at the exp table and you'll see its well worth it, even if you lose a buff or Skuttle. You'll still be ahead. Learn the facts before you call someone stupid. Almost every champion in the game could do Krugs better than Skarner before they updated his passive to reach it.
and here is where shortened camp timers would make jungle a thing again. also skarner has a good af clear and goes talisman so... shaco will take like 400hp dmg if he doesnt have tiamat from grugs. and what do you know about jungle. u barely play it. the problem is that junglers can leach xp from solo lanes and get the same amount of xp as enemy jungler because jungle xp was nerffed so you are same level as bot???? why do u not understand basic fundementials of jungle and try to make good arguments. also you cannot say it is healthy for a game to have 1 camp that is significantly more important than others.
: The "Ban words" system should be aware of location specific meanings
im actually going to make a ticket out of this as a general question
: Easy fix is for people to actually do Krugs.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YUsZs2ti,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:42:37.702+0000) > > Easy fix is for people to actually do Krugs. some champions cant do grugs second and also with this statement u proved that you are stupid
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KYJjJmKI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-27T05:23:52.220+0000) > > Annoying champs to play against are purely subjective. Yeah but when they are consistently disproportionately banned in all elos you can see their is a clear issue. Also, suggestions are made literally all the time. Especially champion changes. There are less now because we have been spouting these things for literal months to a year now. How many suggestions do people need to come up with before it's fuck it, they aren't listening.
> Yeah but when they are consistently disproportionately banned in all elos not enough bans bruh
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: well it's more worth depending on what your champion is if you are playing noc good luck forcing ganks lvl 2 if you are playing j4 go for it now considering noc is at 49.92% win rate and j4 is at 50.86% win rate your argument stands true but looking at it objectively is it the reason you are doing poorly? that .9% win rate is it really the thing that is holding you back into playing properly? hmm
we are talking about the fun of playing. not the chance of winning u dumbo ;)
: game went to shit in season 4, either play it and "enjoy" or stop complaining
after i have spent 1k+ into this game in the last 5 years. but u totally right. mb for buying shit and expecting the game to stay good
: Pantheon mains in all regions are quitting in droves
: Why is Riot being so lazy nowadays?
if i had to guess its because the game is losing revenue and that means that riot has to fire people so they just fired everyone that doesnt make them money ~~this is a 100% serious post~~
Eyesack (NA)
: Games literally end at 5 minutes.
that is also the reason late game champions that suck early are so tilting. they will never reach late game since the enemy will just bash your head in for the last 10 min the game still is "on" also the 5 kills pretty much only applies to hyper carry 1shotters / bruisers because there is no comming back if you cant make a single mistake or you die
Rioter Comments
: Ah yes, a whole 35 rp cheaper. Sure it is still a paid achievement system, and sure even if you don't want it and don't buy it then it will still be rubbed in your face every single game in death recap. But hey, 35 RP is 35 RP. Riot really is quite generous.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1ZeUvYTp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:36:14.814+0000) > > Ah yes, a whole 35 rp cheaper. Sure it is still a paid achievement system, and sure even if you don't want it and don't buy it then it will still be rubbed in your face every single game in death recap. > > But hey, 35 RP is 35 RP. Riot really is quite generous. oh shit. i forgot to add that its satire on the post. welp. rip internet points
Rioter Comments
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ywFy01Ku,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-21T19:32:58.412+0000) > > What do I need to do if I want to get in on Riot's balance team? Legitimate serious question because this is a passion of mine. Knowing network effects might be a good place to start. Another way to put it is, know how one change affects champs 3 or 4 degrees removed from the point of origin. A good analogy for this is a Food Web (you know, middle school biology :P). If you change or remove one piece of a food web, it can drastically alter other portions of that network that you wouldn't have imagined (eliminate a certain type of ants, and hawks feel the effects for example). The same goes for League balance, if you change something in one area, how good are you at predicting all the other fall out effects that will come from that? This is why, often times, balance changes suggested by the community are hard to heed, not because they are wrong often times, but the short effects of a change are rarely the goal. Rather its the increase in the overall health of gameplay and meta state that are the objectives. ^ this is entirely from my observations and convos with balance designers. I've never worked on the balance team before, so I'm **definitely** missing something here
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ywFy01Ku,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-08-21T19:42:04.933+0000) > > This is why, often times, balance changes suggested by the community are hard to heed, not because they are wrong often times, but the short effects of a change are rarely the goal. Rather its the increase in the overall health of gameplay and meta state that are the objectives. i am not gonna say that riots seasonal balance has been that much better. tbh i would blame it on the design team and not balance since most broken stuff is hard to balance
Show more

Useless Jester

Level 207 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion