: Come On, Riot, It's Already Been a Month
Unfortunately this month is Ahri's turn, poor girl is lacking too.
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=H33c0vkM,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T13:46:03.872+0000) > > What does it have to do with anything? > A demigod that is sheer arcane, a group of demigods with aim of destruction or even someone who causes entire rebellion in entire region can be considered backfiring hard with whatever you're aiming at with this sentence? > > And more than 5 cases of such powerful beings is definitely backfiring more than it should. > > I also feel like you take this post more seriously than you should, OP is just pointing out how many champions have the "imprisoned, finally broke free to wreak havoc" trope. Exactly because of the reason these are the minority that matters, they matter to be talked about. Is that better or worse than millions of thieves, murders, arsonists, etc. on the loose? The backfires end up trapped in the League of Legends anyway, so it all works out great. And then they get skins! :D
Ha, not anymore. The Institue of War has been retconned, thusly, The Void is no longer a looming threat developed over decade without any real conflict because the creatures are trapped, it's a looming threat developed over decade without any real conflict.
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=VPQEEL5f,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-11T14:07:10.532+0000) > > 40 Upvotes in 30 minutes... > Looks like the bots approve they are our Silent guardians.
: Riot please give Mecha Jax a real weapon, this is silly
He does wield a real weapon... A mini version of himself
: to the upvoting bots who try to save dying posts with your upvotes
40 Upvotes in 30 minutes... Looks like the bots approve
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=H33c0vkM,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-12-11T13:37:08.787+0000) > > The problem is it backfires more often that it should and when it does, it backfires hard. Do you have data on Runeterran slavery, penal systems, etc. to back up that claim?
What does it have to do with anything? A demigod that is sheer arcane, a group of demigods with aim of destruction or even someone who causes entire rebellion in entire region can be considered backfiring hard with whatever you're aiming at with this sentence? And more than 5 cases of such powerful beings is definitely backfiring more than it should. I also feel like you take this post more seriously than you should, OP is just pointing out how many champions have the "imprisoned, finally broke free to wreak havoc" trope. Exactly because of the reason these are the minority that matters, they matter to be talked about.
: Runeterran jail doesn't always give prisoners superpowers. It's just that those are the only ones who turn into champions and whom we end up hearing about. For all we know, there have been millions of prisoners over the course of Runeterra's history, and these dozen or so are the only times it's backfired.
The problem is it backfires more often that it should and when it does, it backfires hard.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jVEgRHab,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-10T22:47:27.148+0000) > > Pancakes get fight for equal rights sooner than those of us oppressed for our misunderstood and vilified love for pineapple pizza. > This woulrd knows no justice. I like fruit. People see me and go "Taric the gay? He's a fruity guy." But for me pizza is where you bring the meat. I like putting whole sausage and pepperoni links on my pizza. I'm a real meat lover. Pineapples belong on the side, in the pina coladas. That is a good combo. http://www.auplod.com/u/pdolua802d6.png
> [{quoted}](name=Taric the Gay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jVEgRHab,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-12-10T22:51:35.911+0000) > > I like fruit. People see me and go "Taric the gay? He's a fruity guy." But for me pizza is where you bring the meat. I like putting whole sausage and pepperoni links on my pizza. I'm a real meat lover. Pineapples belong on the side, in the pina coladas. That is a good combo. > > http://www.auplod.com/u/pdolua802d6.png I come from gastronomical culture that gives you berry jam with french fries as side to your Cordon Bleu I am not used to any mortal boundries
nomeL (NA)
: High Noon Singed
Yeah I am quite sure majority of his mains are already high they only need the moon
Rockman (NA)
: Pancake shaming is a part of gd culture
Pancakes get fight for equal rights sooner than those of us oppressed for our misunderstood and vilified love for pineapple pizza. This woulrd knows no justice.
: I like the story of Syndra because it kinda cements the Ionia's total inability to deal with complicated matters. {{champion:134}} A child is abused and neglected by her own family, has a lot of negative emotions that lead to powerful magic, is handed over by her family to the first stranger willing to get them rid of her? She feels betrayed by her teacher because he lied to her and revealed that her temple was meant to be her prison until she dies of old age? Needs someone who would show her care and understanding in addition to discipline and self-control? Nah, let's just put her into stasis and make her go through her childhood abuse over and over again in her sleep to punish her for being so angry due to all abuse and neglect. {{champion:64}} A boy is talented and prideful? Okay, I guess making him do chores without actually explaining the dangers of pride and arrogance would suffice. Oh, he fucked up because we didn't explain shit? Better banish him, lol. {{champion:157}} A village idiot kills an elder, even though he was supposed to guard him and had literally no reason to kill him? Eh, who needs a trial and investigation anyways? {{champion:202}} A psycho who killed lots of people in the most sadistic and disgusting way possible has been caught? Let's send him to prison, where he will be enjoying a 3-course meal and painting/sculpturing classes. Yeah, it's not fair to all the people he murdered and their grieving families, but at least our hands are clean!
> A boy is talented and prideful? Okay, I guess making him do chores without actually explaining the dangers of pride and arrogance would suffice. Oh, he fucked up because we didn't explain shit? Better banish him, lol. I somehow somewhy feel this is like 90% of traditional-but-"deep" villain backstories in a nutshell
Xplosion101 (EUNE)
: Careful there, don't say that out loud or you may summon a great ancient one
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=35R1VRrv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-09T14:56:08.826+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/p4VJHkd.png Even if he did speak the truth, I doubt the Balance team would want to listen to him after he went on that “Riot kill yourselves” rant.{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=35R1VRrv,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-12-09T15:10:34.787+0000) > > Even if he did speak the truth, I doubt the Balance team would want to listen to him after he went on that “Riot kill yourselves” rant.{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Ironically they did listen there given that they did fix the interaction that made him rage to saying that
Manxxom (NA)
: Nothing in league is OP compared to this.
Bruce Lee waving around his lightnunchaku to look cool Proceeds to accidentally cut off both his arms Enemy: Wait, that's my job
Rockman (NA)
: me banning my teammates hovered Riven
Riven main: Can I play Riven? I am really good. The rest of the team plus all enemies: http://i.imgur.com/HpMYh5S.png
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y35RbFEF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T14:15:06.283+0000) > > Mail CW your dumbass memes. Shipping to Canada is so expensive
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y35RbFEF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T14:59:41.016+0000) > > Shipping to Canada is so expensive Bring them to him personally then
: The Case for Villain Depth
And I don't like forced depth. There are sadists, psychopaths, sociopaths, serial killers and natural forces. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't like they had to change Void into "Watchers have headache from our world" instead of keeping the Void merely a cosmic mold, consuming, a natural force that you try to resist. If tornado is ravaging some lands, there's no depth needed to it and you can still make a fine story of struggle for survival from it. I don't like they had to give Annie a depth. She would work just fine as child born with big power due to heritage which would have the trade-off of her being mentally unstable. In fact, Riot could expand a lot of logic into it. - They could've established a child of two Mages naturally inherits greater power, explaining existence of champs like Annie or Syndra - To explain why nations like Noxus wouldn't experiment with that, it would be established that these children are naturally mentally unstable due to their brain not handling the power the way non-human supernatural beings would - this type of power with trade-off is good logic cover-up, for example witchers in Witcher, in order to avoid someone wanting to breed natural witchers which would be logical attempt but create straigthforward storytelling of witcher-breeding arms race, are sterile as effect of the mutations which makes sense - many unnaturally bred animals cannot reproduce - They could've made Syndra the story of her only truly being herself when she's danger to those around her (which it technically is or should be), further reinforcing that her mentor was trying to cure her, making hope that these children wouldn't need to be outcasts -> in fact, should Noxus learn about the possibility to tame them, could give additional reason for them to focus on conquering Ionia specifically, to get the knowledge of the mentor's progress The Shadow Isles is malevolent force. There's nothing "deep" in that, it's like nuclear fallout, twisting things in its vicinity due to one accident. However, those who try to cleanse it need a figure as an antagonist so they wouldn't be fighting just some colored fog. Tresh and Karthus would be primary antagonists - Tresh a sadist who enjoys torturing people, Karthus a sociopath obssesed with spreading his "religion" like Victor or Malzahar. They work just fine as sick individuals. Should there be too many of those, that would be boring. But you have plenty of opportunities to bring depth for variety elsewhere. Hecarim is the only one who'd need depth, not being someone who represents mourning mist (Tresh literally caused it and Karthus embraces it while hecarim is trapped like others) but still being bad guy, and you'd need only something as simple as him holding grudge against Leandros and Kalista, trying to prove himself better like little kid, which he already partially has. All the others corrupted have reasons: Yorick has culture to restore, Maokai has spirits to restore, Kalista has vengence to commit etc. etc. There's shitton of characters with motives and depth, having few who are just sick individuals or natural forces or representations of natural forces is okay. Also you can have simple vilaing If they are not the focus but the story is. Avatar TLA worked just fine, too, because Ozai barely ever did something, he was just the gate that leads to an end, because the focus on the story was everywhere else. There were smaller antagonists with more focus and more depth, those obssesed with manipulation, those who hold grudge etc. Azula had one pulled-out-at-the-last-moment depth moment and was mostly a sociopath or sadist herself and worked well. Korra on the other hand focused the story of the villains, their motives, the good in that and the extremist side, so it needed them to have more relevant motives. There was the Fanatical Equal Rights Activist, Fanatical Environmentalist Activist, Fanatical Anarchist and Fanatical Pragmatist. The last one was the only one who felt a little bit unnecesarily exaggerated for the sake of being eviler than neutral, which was kinda ironic since they tried to sway it into "I've learned what I did wrong" theme.
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=2Wecf8MZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T18:06:53.974+0000) > > It's a good defense mechanism to prevent people to get attracted to underage girl. Anime strongly disagrees.
Anime is a different land beyond mortal understanding
Rioter Comments
Manxxom (NA)
: Annieversary skin: Ults with a giant Teemo
Rioter Comments
Manxxom (NA)
: He can literally Vibe check you if that is the case
As If he needed any more lore buffs, now he's also the vibe police. Chillstapo.
Manxxom (NA)
: Normal people: "I reached Gold with Yorick"
: Considering Neeko has more boob than Jinx does (without transforming), I would say Jinx is flat.
It's a good defense mechanism to prevent people to get attracted to underage girl.
: Please do an RPG where your kayn and he has this full blown story about trying to beat rhaast but in the end they become friends and have to team up together with the seven human souls so they can beat the legendary primal aatrox before he can finish his army he has been building or something
: Emotes are supposed to be seen by others. But only Aphelios himself can see Alune. They could make it so only Aphelios player sees her, bot looks like they decided against that
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jJRy6wvr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:38:18.877+0000) > > Emotes are supposed to be seen by others. But only Aphelios himself can see Alune. They could make it so only Aphelios player sees her, bot looks like they decided against that So you're telling me no other player can see Alune on his ult?
Manxxom (NA)
: Tianna: %$&@ Mages they should be put in a petricite jail cell
I am not sure If the joke is "What did you say, bitch?" or "Oh so you want to take my spells... I still have a knife, bitch!"
: A random lore bit I found a while ago
So we have Darius, Cyrus... We need Tomirys...
Rioter Comments
: 27 upvotes, 0 comments, all looking for a Clash team
{{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{item:2421}} {{champion:161}}
Rioter Comments
yheat (NA)
: SKINS THAT SHOULD EXIST
pool party qiyana - where all her elements will be water ######jk
: Wait.. did only SR change to Russian or something? (0_o) how? XD
How did you think it was Russian when it's not even Azbuki
: No, she got nerfed in Aram :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
And even that was actually just removing the buff she instarecieved in ARAM to put her into her normal state. So it's double LOL.
Arakadia (NA)
: Most likely his weapons are going to have to retain their original color. Same with Qiyana where it has to be very clear what they are using at that time. So ice/water might make sense for the flamethrower simply for gameplay clarity.
I figured ultimate skin could have exception, relying on the weapon being recognized by shape. But I would understand. Gonna edit in alternative names to match colors.
Manxxom (NA)
: This is a common mistake I see regular Swain Players do
Rioter Comments
Sirsir (NA)
: People are conflicted. The boards rages about her, but I haven't seen one be anything more than annoying. Everyone I talk to in game feels the same way. Probably just the boards being the echo chamber it's always been.
: Teammate: Wow that was a sick play dude!
Me playing Akali in ARAM getting Quadrakill while my camera wasn't even focused on the fight 50% of the duration but I kept rolling my head over keyboard and pressing mouse button every 3 seconds.
: The justification for Yasuo is just hilarious.
In fact, there's none. The paragraph explains what they represent, not why they fit that. When I read it I thought to myself that it would be best if they didn't even answer the question. I may accept they needed to use the most popular champs for skinline they invest a lot in, but that void answer just offends people's intelligence. You could have instead sentence "Shen is the silent producer “cutting-up” the beats" and it would be the same (Shen has a sword to cut too). Legit doesn't answer the question at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l3ubEdpH,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-11-27T10:23:13.290+0000) > > Wait If you will no longer be called ChickenWrap how am I supposed to find the most shitpostest shitposts fast? GD will never be the same. Its the username (login name), not the Summoner name (name displayed, like Chickenwrap. He gets to keep that.)
> [{quoted}](name=Sands of Time,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l3ubEdpH,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-11-27T11:01:15.198+0000) > > Its the username (login name), not the Summoner name (name displayed, like Chickenwrap. He gets to keep that.) Thanks. Misunderstood that even before when the change was announced.
: Me: Hi I've had this login name since January of 2010
Wait If you will no longer be called ChickenWrap how am I supposed to find the most shitpostest shitposts fast? GD will never be the same.
: Thanks and I hope you're still alright after reading that essay
I though I wouldn't be but my talking unicorn friend assured me everything seems normal
: I think he had a root somewhere and and I'm not reading his kit again
AIQ (NA)
: Because DS consume stars and Asol makes them? So rather; why is DS Shyvana not a thing where she is the Ying to Asols Yang? He makes Stars she eats them.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q7VMbKNk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-26T17:57:16.301+0000) > > Because DS consume stars and Asol makes them? > > So rather why is DS Shyvana not a thing where she is the Ying to Asols Yang? He makes them she eats them. Relationship goals
ßlameMyADC (EUNE)
: [MUST SEE] MOST ILLOGICAL THING IN THE HISTORY OF THINGS MAYBE EVER
You can't turn off capslock u must throw the entire PC away
: With *Calibrum* as your off-hand you don't benefit from the increased range (I don't believe) -- instead, your Q marks the target, allowing you to get a free global-range second hit on them using *Calibrum* or, if you swap, using whatever other weapon you have.
Oh, you are right, this is what I was not understanding. I forgot about the fact the mark can get applied from off-hand. Ironically, that might've just made it much better than other off-hand in my mind, lol.
Rioter Comments
PekiCodex (EUW)
: Light summary of Aphelios' kit
> R: Creates multiple copies for each enemy hit, up to 3. Not up to 3. It behaves as If **at least** 3 enemies were hit even If two or one were hit.
Show more

Velzard of Koz

Level 158 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion