MoonStar (NA)
: The new lore rocks
> I'm curious about what was the inspiration for this overhaul (was it money?) but I feel really happy about it. The new lore is a product of lack of creativity at making quality content within self-imposed limits of a setting. The old lore was torn down, because Riot couldn't be assed to work within bounds they set for themselves, thus we got no bounds left and any "champion" can be created. The result is a bunch of unrelated stories floating in a void. They couldn't even been assed to properly deal with the old lore. No. They took the easiest way out and it's the way of writers who are simply incompetent - a complete retcon. The end result is a world with no limits and only a bare minimum of rules. That in turn kills the suspension of disbelief, all the drama a story could have and leads to balance issues down the road. Hell, it's already there. We have a cosmic semi-ethereal dragon that's the size of a solar system that can destroy and create stars with a finger-snap controlled by space-faring(?) parasites that can take complete control of any person they deem necessary. Why should I care about some guy making a journal about a fox slut in a backwater village if it all can be obliterated with a sneeze? If you look at stories on a case by case basis they are good, but as a part of a setting it's all low quality garbage, that will never become good. Not until it gets completely retconned again.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2aULU5Yd,comment-id=00090000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-27T22:04:23.868+0000) > > An analogous conversation would be: > A: This winter sure is cold. > B: No, you're just topless. > > Where A is: > > And B is: Darling, honeykitten, precious pookieboo... You finally managed to pull a specific quote that you replied to and you are still in full broccoli soup territory. How is you saying that sometimes you get yelled at for a mistake after a game of doing fine relate to this particular guy troll picking and the difference between an okay off meta pick and a troll pick? Go to sleep, you aren't well.
>Darling, honeykitten, precious pookieboo... You finally managed to pull a specific quote that you replied to and you are still in full broccoli soup territory. I hate broccoli soup, so it must be bad. >How is you saying that sometimes you get yelled at for a mistake after a game of doing fine relate to this particular guy troll picking and the difference between an okay off meta pick and a troll pick? I wouldn't know, I main mid lane Kayn and get blamed for world hunger, Muslim immigration, gambling in video games, deforestation of rainforest and defloration of my mother every time I don't single-handedly carry games. >Go to sleep, you aren't well. I can attest this is as good as it can get.
AmazoX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-27T21:38:53.418+0000) > > Oh, am I? Let's see. > > Duskblade was added on patch 6.3. > Quicksilver Sash stopped removing non-CC debuffs on patch 6.9. > > 2) Zed did not receive any buffs > > * V5.23 > * **Living Shadow** > Cast range increased to 700 from 600. > Minimum cast range reduced to 350 from 400. > Projectile speed increased to 1750 from 1500. > * **Death Mark** > Stored damage increased to 30 / 40 / 50% from 20 / 35 / 50%. > * V5.17 > * **Razor Shuriken** > Bug Fix: Additional shuriken sometimes not appearing if cast too quickly after Living Shadow. > * **Living Shadow** > Bug Fix: Additional shuriken sometimes appearing if cast quickly enough after Razor Shuriken. > * **Death Mark** > Bug Fix: Zed being unable to reactivate after reviving (Guardian Angel) > > Those changes directly correlate with a raise in Zed's winrate at the end of Season 5. > > Do you know the difference between BAN rate and WIN rate? Because I don't think you do. > > Nothing you've said is correct, so how come you're accusing me of "saying bullshit"? > > Pulling the elitist card. Ironic considering you've proven you know less about your "main" than a guy who happens to have merely 47k mastery points with the same champion. > > --- > > Stay ignorant, my friend. Ignorance is a bliss. > > But just one thing... don't come waving it in front of others, lest you'll be exposed to knowledge. #On number 2 Those are not buffs, those are compensation/adjustments after they nerfed Zed's shuriken damage & the Death Mark buff was later reverted so yeah not buffs but compensations. Typo on ''win'' with ''ban''. The rest of what you said is correction on my stuff. > But just one thing... don't come waving it in front of others, lest you'll be exposed to knowledge. Okay this is funny.
> [{quoted}](name=AmazoX,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T11:33:56.422+0000) > > #On number 2 > > Those are not buffs, those are compensation/adjustments after they nerfed Zed's shuriken damage & the Death Mark buff was later reverted so yeah not buffs but compensations. Those changes I mentioned happened around **NOVEMBER 2015**. The last time Shuriken's damage was change before the aforementioned date was in **MAY 2013** and the next time after the aforementioned date was in **JUNE 2016**, so you're wrong again. > Okay this is funny. Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2aULU5Yd,comment-id=000900000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-27T18:19:29.958+0000) > > I didn't quote anything, just responded to your comment as a whole. > > And the fact you're even asking why just makes me assume you forgot what you wrote the moment you hit the "Post" button. The specific point of my previous message was that you responded to something other than what you replied to. Analogous conversation to make this easy to understand: A: "This winter sure is cold." B: "I like cream of broccoli soup."
An analogous conversation would be: A: This winter sure is cold. B: No, you're just topless. Where A is: >First of all, if he consistently picks so badly that he gets negative feedback so much that he decides to quit all together, he wasn't just picking things that were weak on the current patch, he was picking champions whose kits weren't viable in the role he got. That's the difference between okay off-meta and troll picking. And B is: >The joke is that in this game you can play perfectly for 40 minutes straight, but the moment you make a SINGLE mistake everybody jumps to your throat like rabid animals.
AmazoX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-27T18:38:03.803+0000) > > Oh, look. A new player who thinks they know eeeeeeverything about the game, because they played for merely a year. > > 1. Addition of TLD had exactly NO impact on his winrate. > 2. He got a number of buffs to his kit AFTER TLD was added and THAT is the moment his winrate went up... by 2%. > 3. It wasn't until Duskblade was added 2-3 months later when his winrate ACTUALLY skyrocketed by about 5-6%. > 4. By the time QSS was changed the winrate increase caused by the Duskblade ALREADY HALVED. > 5. After QSS was changed his winrate WENT DOWN EVEN FURTHER to a level lower than before TLD became a thing. You're talking shit of out your ass, I've been here since Season 5. 1) Duskblade didn't even exist when the QSS adjustment was made. 2) Zed did not receive any buffs, and in fact his win rate sky rocketed to 98% in Korea and 88% when taking all regions into account 3) everything else you're saying is bs, I have 600K on Zed varying on accounts, been keeping an eye on that champion.
> [{quoted}](name=AmazoX,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-27T19:50:26.416+0000) > > You're talking shit of out your ass, I've been here since Season 5. Oh, am I? Let's see. > 1) Duskblade didn't even exist when the QSS adjustment was made. Duskblade was added on patch 6.3. Quicksilver Sash stopped removing non-CC debuffs on patch 6.9. 2) Zed did not receive any buffs * V5.23 * **Living Shadow** Cast range increased to 700 from 600. Minimum cast range reduced to 350 from 400. Projectile speed increased to 1750 from 1500. * **Death Mark** Stored damage increased to 30 / 40 / 50% from 20 / 35 / 50%. * V5.17 * **Razor Shuriken** Bug Fix: Additional shuriken sometimes not appearing if cast too quickly after Living Shadow. * **Living Shadow** Bug Fix: Additional shuriken sometimes appearing if cast quickly enough after Razor Shuriken. * **Death Mark** Bug Fix: Zed being unable to reactivate after reviving (Guardian Angel) Those changes directly correlate with a raise in Zed's winrate at the end of Season 5. >and in fact his win rate sky rocketed to 98% in Korea and 88% when taking all regions into account Do you know the difference between BAN rate and WIN rate? Because I don't think you do. >3) everything else you're saying is bs Nothing you've said is correct, so how come you're accusing me of "saying bullshit"? >I have 600K on Zed varying on accounts, been keeping an eye on that champion. Pulling the elitist card. Ironic considering you've proven you know less about your "main" than a guy who happens to have merely 47k mastery points with the same champion. --- Stay ignorant, my friend. Ignorance is a bliss. But just one thing... don't come waving it in front of others, lest you'll be exposed to knowledge.
AmazoX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-26T17:59:55.453+0000) > > All in all, let's be honest about one thing. > Zed became what he is solely because of how the Balance team handled him. > > Just look at his stats from way back before they reworked his ult in like 2013 or 2014. > Nobody gave a shit about Zed and then his banrate skyrocketed and stayed relatively stable ever since. Zed win rate had sky rocketed because of thunderlord keystone & the removal of the ability to QSS Zed's Death Mark.
> [{quoted}](name=AmazoX,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-26T18:22:41.825+0000) > > Zed win rate had sky rocketed because of thunderlord keystone & the removal of the ability to QSS Zed's Death Mark. Oh, look. A new player who thinks they know eeeeeeverything about the game, because they played for merely a year. 1. Addition of TLD had exactly NO impact on his winrate. 2. He got a number of buffs to his kit AFTER TLD was added and THAT is the moment his winrate went up... by 2%. 3. It wasn't until Duskblade was added 2-3 months later when his winrate ACTUALLY skyrocketed by about 5-6%. 4. By the time QSS was changed the winrate increase caused by the Duskblade ALREADY HALVED. 5. After QSS was changed his winrate WENT DOWN EVEN FURTHER to a level lower than before TLD became a thing.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2aULU5Yd,comment-id=0009000000010001,timestamp=2018-02-27T18:01:25.292+0000) > > The joke is that in this game you can play perfectly for 40 minutes straight, but the moment you make a SINGLE mistake everybody jumps to your throat like rabid animals. How is that relevant to anything I said in what you quoted?
I didn't quote anything, just responded to your comment as a whole. And the fact you're even asking why just makes me assume you forgot what you wrote the moment you hit the "Post" button.
: > [{quoted}](name=Xion Moonray,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=je5Qb70A,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-26T22:22:45.931+0000) > > Konami needs to just go back to pa%%%%%o and stay there. Support the talent they left behind. Personally, I'm hyped as fuck for Bloodstained. > > EDIT: Really, Riot? We censor parts of words now? Censoring something instinctually makes humans think of that thing more than they would have just seeing the thing outright. But logic and reason has never been a strong suit of billion dollar companies. If I had just seen that word uncensored I would have forgotten about it seconds after having read it. But now the thought crime is seared into my memory for the rest of the night. Seems kind of bass ackwards to me but what do I know.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=je5Qb70A,comment-id=00050004,timestamp=2018-02-27T06:03:22.848+0000) > > Censoring something instinctually makes humans think of that thing more than they would have just seeing the thing outright. But logic and reason has never been a strong suit of billion dollar companies. > > If I had just seen that word uncensored I would have forgotten about it seconds after having read it. But now the thought crime is seared into my memory for the rest of the night. Seems kind of bass ackwards to me but what do I know. If I didn't see that word in LoL's chat filter file a few years back, I wouldn't even know it exists or let alone is derogatory. But what would I know? The amount of n'wahs in my immediate neighbourhood + the closest city with a mall + workplace is like 6.
: So true. Hardly anyone is nice anymore. but they all claim they are 'different and 'not toxic'-but that only applies if everyone snowballs. If you win by a score of 50-5, of course everyone is going to be nice to each other--for awhile. But most of the time, even if you get a score of 30-5, no one even cares. You'll just get honored and then people will even forget you exist. They won't add you saying "nice work man, you played well, great job shutting down that Yasuo and tilting himi!". No one will ever say that. The most that will happen is some random asian foreigner or some young american kid will add you and say 'DUO?', and then will either throw you out if you say no, or play with you and keep playing with you until you lose 1 or 2 games or have a bad game. Then they will delete you and throw you out--even if they promised you before that they would never ever delete you. Of course they will. Only about 1 person out of 10 will actually try to be truly nice. But they will never claim to be toxic and abusive since telling the truth hurts the ego. I'm not sure if it's mental illness, parents not teaching their kids proper manners, self respect or respecting others they don't know directly in person, or if it's just how this society works in this day of everyone staring at their cellphones 24/7---people only wanting to associate with others if they are sexually attracted to them, are forced to associate, or have something to gain or take advantage of. People are more shallow than ever now. And no, they won't ever admit it. The occasionally nice person still exists. But all the hate and evil and selfishness and mental illness out there just corrupts even the few 'nice' people and then they wind up not wanting to associate with anyone online, unless they want viewers for their stream (= $$$$$$)
https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg?b
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MalrothDragonia,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2aULU5Yd,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-02-27T16:04:55.819+0000) > > dude, wtf. Off-meta are not troll picks as long as you're trying to win and understand the limitations/best comps for your picks. I love support Teemo and I can carry on him, and I've had people tell me they changed their mind on the 'troll-ness' of the pick. I've even won some ranked with him. You don't get to dictate how others play, you don't get to decide what 'works' and what doesn't. You have no idea how he communicates in game. First of all, if he consistently picks so badly that he gets negative feedback so much that he decides to quit all together, he wasn't just picking things that were weak on the current patch, he was picking champions whose kits weren't viable in the role he got. That's the difference between okay off-meta and troll picking. Secondly, you cannot possibly try to defend picking Teemo instead of a support while at the same time saying you _carried_ with it. If you find yourself carrying with a "support" you clearly haven't done your job as one. Thirdly, this game is fun when you pick normally, gaining some perverse extra satisfaction from screwing with your teammates just marks you as unfit to be part of a team. Finally, I don't decide what's okay and what's not, I don't have some set of weird personal ideals about what works and what not that I want other people to conform to. Each position has established duties on the team. Not by me, but by the almost a decade's worth of collective experience of the whole community. Whether a champion can play a role without being considered a troll pick depends on whether their kit allows for the effective rendition of the duties of the role. Again, I don't arbitrarily decide which works where, it's based on the math. > This is a snap judgement based on nothing more than someone saying they liked playing their own way. There are many ways to play the game within the bounds of team spirit. If somebody's "way" involves consistently stepping outside of that, then yes, they do deserve the negative judgement.
The joke is that in this game you can play perfectly for 40 minutes straight, but the moment you make a SINGLE mistake everybody jumps to your throat like rabid animals.
: CertainlyT has made {{champion:122}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:142}} (and had a hand in {{champion:143}} and is said that he is now reworking {{champion:84}} I find a lot of his champions unique mechanics. I like his champions. but most of them are pretty unfun to fight against.
> [{quoted}](name=OutrageousGemBoy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=04c55jTz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-26T17:15:38.481+0000) > > CertainlyT has made > {{champion:122}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:142}} (and had a hand in {{champion:143}} > > and is said that he is now reworking {{champion:84}} > > I find a lot of his champions unique mechanics. I like his champions. > but most of them are pretty unfun to fight against. All in all, let's be honest about one thing. Zed became what he is solely because of how the Balance team handled him. Just look at his stats from way back before they reworked his ult in like 2013 or 2014. Nobody gave a shit about Zed and then his banrate skyrocketed and stayed relatively stable ever since.
: Look, it's been years since they started the retcon. I enjoy the new lore, many others enjoy the new lore, you don't need to get angry about people enjoying it. Calling us white knights when we try to defend why we like it isn't very effective when you try just as hard to avoid pointing out flaws in it. If I'm a white knight you're just as much of one. And the Void isn't steampunk. I don't even know what it is. If I had to slap a punk label on it, I'd probably say Biopunk, which isn't even a thing. It's less: "look! Machines!" and more: "look at this strange, horrifying world where machines and organics are one and the same."
>I enjoy the new lore, many others enjoy the new lore, you don't need to get angry about people enjoying it. I'm beyond being able to get angry about it at this point. >Calling us white knights when we try to defend why we like it isn't very effective when you try just as hard to avoid pointing out flaws in it. I'm asking you (as a collective) for objective reasons if or why this lore is good or why that lore was bad. You are unable to provide those answers and resort to either saying "I like it" _- which is fine, if you aren't willing to continue the discussion -_ or to summarize the predecessor in one sentence to prove it's bad _- which is no different from people in Gameplay who summarize champions' abilities to make them seem broken or overpowered without actually explaining why._ >If I'm a white knight you're just as much of one. Try being objective when asked to be objective and we can have a discussion. Otherwise we'll have an argument and logic is wasted when the other side lets feelings take over. >And the Void isn't steampunk. I don't even know what it is. If I had to slap a punk label on it, I'd probably say Biopunk, which isn't even a thing. It's less: "look! Machines!" and more: "look at this strange, horrifying world where machines and organics are one and the same." Actually you're both right and wrong here. The Void from that description would in fact biopunk and biopunk is a thing, believe it or not.
: They've been remaking Runeterra. Do you honestly want it to remain the way it was back in ye olden times? When Targon was just 300 the mountain, Noxus was a meritocracy but only a meritocracy to certain people, the only flaw Demacia had was never brought up after its introduction, and half the champions just came from other realms? They're making a more consistent world now, and a lot of things had to go. The Void couldn't just be mountains of madness, they had to flesh it out more, tie it to Runeterra, and give it a unique look. It's now a part of Runeterra's history instead of just that other world that's more important to the plot than those other worlds that Riot used to justify champs they didn't have proper places for. It's still got cosmic horror, they're just making it it's own place now so that it can have a unique plot revolving around it instead of "there's cthulhu, well we've sealed him away now."
>They've been remaking Runeterra. No, really? >Do you honestly want it to remain the way it was back in ye olden times? Ah, yes. Implying the good ol' _"It wasn't expanded upon, therefore it's garbage and needs to be torn down."_ stance of people defending the new lore. Try to be original for once. >When Targon was just 300 the mountain Now it's just the 300 mountain with a twist of space parasites. PROGRESS! >Noxus was a meritocracy but only a meritocracy to certain people Noxus was meritocracy the whole time. Just because top dogs are strong enough to not get toppled after a week doesn't change that. >the only flaw Demacia had was never brought up after its introduction No difference here then. >and half the champions just came from other realms? Now it's the other half of champions. PROGRESS! >They're making a more consistent world now You mean a world where nothing is connected after 6 years after abandoning the old lore where EVERYTHING was connected? PROGRESS >and a lot of things had to go. Even things that weren't anyhow conflicting with the new ~~world~~ lore order. >The Void couldn't just be mountains of madness, they had to flesh it out more Now it's just mountains of madness with a mechanical twist. PROGRESS >tie it to Runeterra Because it had nooooooothing to do with Runeterra. Nah-uh. >and give it a unique look MECHANICAL TWIST Oh, wait, that's just steampunk. Unique as le fuck. >It's now a part of Runeterra's history instead of just that other world that's more important to the plot than those other worlds that Riot used to justify champs they didn't have proper places for. It's still "just that other world" that's allegedly important, but nobody gives a flying fuck about it except Kassadin and Malzahar. >It's still got cosmic horror, they're just making it it's own place now so that it can have a unique plot revolving around it instead of "there's cthulhu, well we've sealed him away now." Because it wasn't it's own place. Nah-uh. --- I have yet to see retcon white knights present me with an anyhow sensible argument as to why the old lore had to be torn down. Today is not the day either.
: I can't tell if you're angry or if you like it. And the madmen referred to here would probably be how any normal person would view a guy running up to them and telling them about a place where flesh and machine become one. No one looks sane in a panicked state.
I'm perplexed at how skilled Riot is at twisting everything in the old lore to the point where only the name remains.
: One thing to note is that a new Void icon popped up on the PBE, so it seems likely we'll get a small void lore update with her release, especially since Riot said that they'd be exploring the Void in the near future. Personally, I feel like her overall appearance fits what the Void is described as in the new mini-explanation they gave on the Universe: it seems almost mechanical, but it also feels a bit organic (at least to me). The void is described as such: > Those few scattered grimoires and madmen that dare speak of the Void at all, speak of it as an infinite realm of unfettered creation, tortured landscapes of crazed organic machinery, magical weapon-looms and mountainous flesh-forges. I take this to mean that Kai'sa is the first step towards a new direction for the Void, where it's less ancient cosmic horror and more unfathomable realm where a worst-case scenario happens and machines and organic life are almost indistinguishable. Many of the more recent Void champs (Rek'sai, Vel'koz, those guys) seems almost like a mix of machinery and organic matter too just looking at them, while the most out of place Voidborn are the first two, Cho'gath and Kog'maw. Both of them, but especially Cho, definitely seem more organic than machine. Overall, I think that Kai'sa is more an indication of the new direction of the Void, one that's more unique, but most aren't expecting the Void to change with the rest of the world. You do make good points, though. She definitely feels like a safer character, and Riot could definitely stand to improve. I personally like her, but she does have flaws. We shouldn't jump all over riot for this, I agree. I think it's slightly understandable that they went a bit safer here, though, as recently they've had a lot of major revelations about different locations, and people are nothing if not obsessed with finding contradictions so they can say riot (or whatever company is making whatever product) is bad at storytelling. I don't fault them for taking a short break from big revelations to play it safe, but it's also not their best work.
>Those few scattered grimoires and madmen that dare speak of the Void at all, speak of it as an infinite realm of unfettered creation, tortured landscapes of crazed organic machinery, magical weapon-looms and mountainous flesh-forges. What the hell is this bullshit?
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=OTOImkFE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-02-17T19:25:57.462+0000) > > It does not mean to literally ignite a fire, it refers to a way combating wildfire by burning flammable materials ahead of it in a controlled manner to prevent the bigger fire from spreading. My comment was not serious.
Not serious? You're on the wrong board then, it's not Gameplay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=OTOImkFE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-14T17:45:01.155+0000) > > That's not what this saying is about. It was originally said by a Brand main. Yes it is.
It does not mean to literally ignite a fire, it refers to a way combating wildfire by burning flammable materials ahead of it in a controlled manner to prevent the bigger fire from spreading.
: The Special Relationship we have with Riot
> [{quoted}](name=Real Sexy Yoona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=12wJUyN3,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-14T00:20:50.557+0000) > > Riot is a lot more caring compared to other game developers. If you compare them to the big 3(5?) then every company is a caring one. You need more details than "this is a thing because I said it is". >But because they are caring, it essentially enables the player base to complain more. That's an A-grade bullshit, my good sir, and you should realize it. > It's a weird relationship, but believe it or not, people do complain with the trust and hope that Riot will listen. People have a tendency to complain about anything from stubbing their toe to blaming non-existent Gods for lack of rain. Last time I checked you don't trust and hope that a fucking drawer will listen. >If Riot didn't give a fuck and players knew that, why would they take the time to complain and write long posts? Why post an essay on why you are quitting the game when you can just quietly leave the scene and uninstall? Because read the above. It doesn't matter if complaints are being heard. Look at EA. People been complaining about those jews for years and the only time they took any kind of action is because their licenser told them to. > If Riot had their ears plugged, it would be meaningless to shout at them constantly. It's a logical conclusion, but having nothing to do with real life. > The truth is that Riot does listen to us. Despite what everyone claims, League can continue to live on without Riot listening to our opinions. The truth is you haven't provided any specifics. A lot of words, but no substance. > **They choose to listen to us**. From a funny meme post to a rude insulting post that bleeds their ears, they do listen regardless. You mean like... they post memes and it's a sign they are listening or what? > Take it for granted, but a game developer engaging this much with the player base and having their goal in "becoming the most player-focused game company in the world" was revolutionary for its time, and still noteworthy today. What "time" are you even talking about? > Even if the game is legitimately dying, who actually wants it to die? Neither Riot or us. Let's not forget we are on the same side in trying to improve the game. Sometimes it's better to unplug the life support.
: > [{quoted}](name=FlashnFuse,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=12wJUyN3,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-02-14T03:31:57.532+0000) > > Reading between the lines of posts rioters make every now and then suggests to me that they're working on a second game right now. Spaghett II: The Buggening.
> [{quoted}](name=Phazanor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=12wJUyN3,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2018-02-14T03:45:47.222+0000) > > Spaghett II: The Buggening. The Elder Spughatti Chapter 2: Buggerfall
ISOzHell (NA)
: ***
Aw, poor thing, was it snowing too much so you had to stay at home because the kindergarten was closed for the day?
ISOzHell (NA)
: ***
Considering you bothered to respond after 2 days and asked those questions... Yup.
Mach 27 (NA)
: Why do people complain that ignite does damage to Brand?
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vxy3I4Xi,comment-id=001200030000,timestamp=2018-02-13T15:01:02.232+0000) > > You make it sound as if playing the game was making wasting your time here less miserable. I Only use the forum when I'm at work having a cig. Maybe you do too, what do I know. But if you don't even play the game, I don't see why you'd use the forum for the game. Just came across as very odd to me and like you needed attention, considering all you had to say was that you don't play this game otherwise you would downvote the thread. Just came across pretty sad, idk.
See, not only you're wasting time at work, but also waste money you earn on fundamentally pointless and unhealthy drug. That's way more sad. I'm not going to cover "why" I use this discussion board. You may want to check the rest of this discussion chain to shed some light on the issue.
Jonnyra (NA)
: As far as punishment system goes I wanna deeply thank Riot for banning one of my accounts today and enforce the mindset.I will NEVER give this company a dime of my money.So again thank you deeply saving me money to invest in more gratifying hobbies.Wanna give trolls and grievers due to poor play ruining others playing experience in rank play the power to get those who actually try and have a competitive mindset banned.No problem.Again thank you for saving me money to spend it on other things.Sorry to say if anything written in chat in this game effects anyone in real life so deeply.Got news for you...life is gonna eat you alive.
>Again thank you No problemo. But why did you respond to my comment?
Jo0o (NA)
: Too dark and deep for your mom. *Oh snap*.
_...Ouch..._ Brings back memories of the previous decade. I've heard a great phrase for occasions like this one. _"Talk with an ass and it will shit on you."_
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vxy3I4Xi,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-02-12T21:32:10.872+0000) > > This makes me wish this account was level 30 so I could downvote you... but since I stopped playing this game I don't really care. Lol you stopped playing the game but you still use the forum? Poor guy...
You make it sound as if playing the game was making wasting your time here less miserable.
Jo0o (NA)
: I was actually at a tasting at a nice local whisky distillery last week, and they had a clear un-aged whisky that's usable in virtually any cocktail vodka goes in. It's *excellent*. Barring that, vodka works.
So the plain old moonshine. Wonder how is tastes made out of corn.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vxy3I4Xi,comment-id=001200010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-02-13T00:38:47.769+0000) > > The concept of "passive aggressive", due to overuse, if foreign to me, so I'll have to take your word for it. Ok. > Oh, the sweet double standards. > It's valuable if it's positive and it's not valuable if it's negative. > > Look, somebody saying _"I love this"_ is equal to _"I hate this"_. Weird? It shouldn't be. > It's like a vector. The orientation is the same, but sense is opposite. _(Excuse me if I got those wrong, never took mathematics classes in English.)_ It's ok, you don't have to be a math major to make vectors make sense. And you raise an excellent point there. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just saying that I genuinely didn't think about it with that framework before. Objectively speaking then, I would have to agree with you, it is fair to say, "I hate this." But that doesn't explain why you chose to say it in the very particular way that you did. > And that's why I like to differentiate between "courtesy" and "respect". > If you don't "know" me you can't possibly tell if I'm worthy of your respect, but that doesn't stop you from being courteous. > May want to think about that for a moment. nah, I don't need time to think about it. You're right I was blunt and discourteous. For that I apologize. > As I mentioned, the same motive the guy who said _"I love this"_ or when you said you _"almost fell of a chair laughing"_ just of an opposite sense. Noted, as I stated above in reference to your use of vectors as analogies - what you are saying makes sense objectively. > What was **your** motive for writing that valueless comment? It was and still is that I disapprove of your chosen method. It may make sense objectively but the impact is still negative. You could have just said "I disapprove," or, "I dislike this," but instead you said something very disjointed about wishing you could downvote and about not caring about the game because you don't play anymore. That's hardly a reference to the content of the post, and more of a comment about your situation. It was both aloof and dismissive, and while I apologize for my discourteous behavior, I remain steadfast in my distaste of your choice of language.
>It's ok, you don't have to be a math major to make vectors make sense. Intricacies of the language. I wouldn't ever think of using "sense" in that... sense, if I didn't look it up as I was writing. >Objectively speaking then, I would have to agree with you, it is fair to say, "I hate this." But that doesn't explain why you chose to say it in the very particular way that you did. > >It was and still is that I disapprove of your chosen method. It may make sense objectively but the impact is still negative. > >You could have just said "I disapprove," or, "I dislike this," but instead you said something very disjointed about wishing you could downvote and about not caring about the game because you don't play anymore. That's hardly a reference to the content of the post, and more of a comment about your situation. My mistake was indeed the composition of the comment, but there's little variation of saying _"I'm using a level 10 account which will never become high enough level to vote, because I don't play the game enough/at all"_ without making it sound trigger-y to the Boards? >It was both aloof and dismissive, and while I apologize for my discourteous behavior, I remain steadfast in my distaste of your choice of language. For which I'm not going to hold any grudges, as I've said what I said and I'm not the kind of guy to apologize for words I meant. Again, wording was unfortunate, but that hardly matters now.
Xidphel (NA)
: >Violation of Universal Rules under Spamming/Trolling point 3. But downvoting seems a bit overkill.
Apparently voicing your intent of downvoting is equivalent of threatening to kick somebody in the groin while violating rules is shrugable at best and laughable at worst. Can't say I'm surprised. Been here for far too long and yet still fell into that trap.
Jo0o (NA)
: Obviously nothing that couldn't be settled over a stiff cocktail.
I don't like "coloured" alcoholic beverages. Hit me with vodka.
: Well forgive me for misunderstanding, but your comment to the OP seemed quite passive aggressive, as you didn't even provide a reason why you wanted to downvote them. If you don't want people to think you have nothing valuable to say, then make sure your statements have value. "I wish I could downvote this," and "I don't really care" are not valuable things to say, they contribute only negativity to the thread and they serve no purpose other than to needle the OP by implying that you want to stifle their idea by downvoting it to make it less visible on this forum. By default I treat people with respect, but you acted in a manner that lost my respect. Sorry mate. If you wish to be better understood then explain yourself better. What was your motive for making that comment towards the OP?
>Well forgive me for misunderstanding, but your comment to the OP seemed quite passive aggressive, as you didn't even provide a reason why you wanted to downvote them. The concept of "passive aggressive", due to overuse, if foreign to me, so I'll have to take your word for it. >If you don't want people to think you have nothing valuable to say, then make sure your statements have value. "I wish I could downvote this," and "I don't really care" are not valuable things to say, they contribute only negativity to the thread and they serve no purpose other than to needle the OP by implying that you want to stifle their idea by downvoting it to make it less visible on this forum. Oh, the sweet double standards. It's valuable if it's positive and it's not valuable if it's negative. Look, somebody saying _"I love this"_ is equal to _"I hate this"_. Weird? It shouldn't be. It's like a vector. The orientation is the same, but sense is opposite. _(Excuse me if I got those wrong, never took mathematics classes in English.)_ >By default I treat people with respect, but you acted in a manner that lost my respect. Sorry mate. And that's why I like to differentiate between "courtesy" and "respect". If you don't "know" me you can't possibly tell if I'm worthy of your respect, but that doesn't stop you from being courteous. May want to think about that for a moment. >If you wish to be better understood then explain yourself better. What was your motive for making that comment towards the OP? As I mentioned, the same motive the guy who said _"I love this"_ or when you said you _"almost fell of a chair laughing"_ just of an opposite sense. What was **your** motive for writing that valueless comment?
Jo0o (NA)
: I can't tell if you're honestly that much of a killjoy, or if you're expertly subverting my satire with your darker, deeper satire. The latter would be *exquisite*.
I've never been good at naming those things, but... looking at the definition of satire it does seem to match with my intent, even if only partially. Perhaps too dark and too deep for Boards?
Jo0o (NA)
: y tho
Violation of Universal Rules under Spamming/Trolling point 3. A bit ironic, I have to say, considering the content of the OP. The irony is that despite you are joking about mods deleting this thread, they aren't going to do anything, due to how selective they are in enforcing forum rules.
: For attention, most likely. Just ignore them. People who have nothing valuable to say are always destined for obscurity anyway.
What was that saying... Ah, right. _"Don't judge the book by its cover."_ You came here, seen a single of my comments and assumed my entire reasoning to attend this discussion board and the content and quality of all of my posts. Well, if that's how we play then you seem like a pretty judgemental prick alright. And to think that just a moment ago your username would've reminded me of a pretty nice guy.
: Then why are you here at all?
Oh? I don't see anywhere in the Universal Rules, this sub-Board's guidelines and Terms of Use that I'm obliged to actively play the game to be able to use the Boards. Also I'm a lazy prick who can't be assed to change their discussion forum of choice.
Jo0o (NA)
: New loophole in the IFS system -- READ FAST BEFORE DELETE
This makes me wish this account was level 30 so I could downvote you... but since I stopped playing this game I don't really care.
ISOzHell (NA)
: ***
https://68.media.tumblr.com/7e87f06fd6f49e15b90e24bb725b929d/tumblr_nwi2h92tYt1uj1zxso1_400.gif
ISOzHell (NA)
: ***
Yup. Everybody has their own opinion as to what "real issues" are, especially Riot's take on "real issues" has next to nothing in common with a general consensus on LoL's social media, thus either everything stays or everything goes out.
: Twitch no longer allows any sort of sexually suggestive content.
: I always preferred the two assets carried on one's chest ;)
https://78.media.tumblr.com/a476dd11115eab042ef4e35a6ff4739e/tumblr_nsgsjboY5q1reido2o9_250.gif
: 8 spider legs no es sexy
Clearly you aren't a... https://i.imgur.com/xJyajxd.jpg?
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: I thought it was this one that housed the spiders? http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00679/nuclear_679838n.jpg
No, that's the one housing lizardfolk. https://img00.deviantart.net/ceac/i/2013/039/a/9/wrong_damsel_re_color_by_hattonslayden-d4xib5q.jpg _Don't mind me, just stealing my waifu._
: When you get caught out by the fed Elise
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSTWXOtUQAEkFce.jpg
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >And if they were even bigger, we could use them as mounts! https://78.media.tumblr.com/0e3cd11b74caaf3273373761887bb4bf/tumblr_inline_osopxwbiXb1u4iug2_500.gif How would you even mount something like that!? I do _knot_ want to see that! http://i.imgur.com/8kNl7Y4.gif?nodirect
>How would you even mount something like that!? > >http://i.imgur.com/8kNl7Y4.gif?nodirect Do you really have to ask? http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/753/868/b9f.gif >I do _knot_ want to see that! http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/123/527/636.png
: I mean.... I do agree to lewdness... *should I get banned or not* .https://i.imgur.com/ljACC9o.png[/img]
But mods do and all the art I found contains female nipples. Fucking prudes.
: I feel oddly enough threatened by you... {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Sorry, I'd post what I'm talking about, but... http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/229/370/91a.jpg
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vistha D Reptile,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=piquiAuV,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-02-07T15:37:43.522+0000) > > And if they were even bigger, we could use them as mounts! Remember these bad boys? https://epiccarry.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/04/Scepter-of-AzjAqir.gif
https://i.giphy.com/a5viI92PAF89q.gif
: I prefer certain draconic characters, because of how fiery and passionate they are. {{sticker:galio-happy}}
Who doesn't love Kiha? https://i.giphy.com/4e1gMc35LhPb2.gif
: you know.... spider the size of a large animal kind of just makes it look like an animal. It don't feel intimidated by this and i'm usually scared of tarantulas. Maybe if they grew this big we could domesticate them and have them as dogs, they'd eat all the roaches and other insects too. The problem will be cleaning up all the webbing and ofcourse they have too much children.
And if they were even bigger, we could use them as mounts!
HeimerLmao (EUNE)
: [Insert a gif of Rachnera there]
https://pa1.narvii.com/6598/7358bdf92ffe634c652717a1ed3d5b34aa86cc9c_hq.gif
Show more

Vistha D Reptile

Level 10 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion